• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 3,100 Views, 360 Comments

Memories of Zephyr - Zephyr



Do you ever asked who Zephyr is? This is his story, find it out!

  • ...
6
 360
 3,100

Chapter 3

Authors's note: third improved chapter, have fun!




I can say, my classmates hated me in unison. I don't know why. They.... they just bullied me for no reason.
I had already learned how to ignore them, but... AARGH! They never stop!


I tried everything... be friendly... be ignorant... even acting like a grownup and talking to them in the most serious tone... Nothing helps me.


Tomorrow will be the first day after the big summer break... and I don't want to go to school again. 3 years was more than enough from all of those idiots.
Heh, here I am, 9 years old and already cast out from society. No friends, no social life, no.. anything!


The next day...

Oh, here they are again... grinning like idiots.. wait, they ARE idiots. Oh no, they saw me! Crap.

"Hey, look, it's Peppy!" The main bully hadn't seen me in months and had already began to drive me into depression and anger.

"Ha-ha-ha, very funny, get some brains and maybe we can talk a decade later." I said sarcastically.

"Oooh, he can talk now? Did you hear that guys? Heh, get his saddlebag!"

Ultracrap! RUN!


I tried to escape... but they cornered me, I had no chance to get enough speed and flee, my new flying style (I had a whole summer of training) didn't help too much...

Two 'catch-him' grabbed me. Then Jetster (the main bully) took my saddlebag. My brand new flying suit was in it. I had to take it back.

"Le-LET ME GO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, this made him smile, satisfied.

"Oh look! A dress! Where did you want to go? To the Gala, huh?"

That's it. I reached the pont where nopony could stop my rage.
Only if I beat him up so bad, so he had to be carried to a hospital.

I stopped to move. Then I looked in his eyes. For a moment I saw the shadow of sudden fear washing through his face. Then everything went red.

I broke free with a kick to the face of one of the 'catch-him'-s, then dashed to Jetster, tackled him to the ground and stomped him in his chest.

Five of his 'friends' jumped at me a second later.
I kicked one in the stomach, disabling him. Then I bit another on his forehoof, which make him scream.
I felt a sharp pain in my back, an other idiot hit me, but in my rush of adrenaline, the pain was meaningless.
I struggled a bit (they caught my legs) and made free my left hindleg, so I kicked one of them in the face. He dropped to the ground unconscious.
At this moment, Jetster got on his hooves and fled to search an adult to help out his sorry butt! What a shame...
This was my moment, only two idiots remain, I remembered a move from a wrestling-match, and used it on the left side idiot.
I grabbed his right foreleg, and twisted around. He made a spin. That's it, I kicked him on his back, then shouted:

"Kick repaid!" He lied down in pain and rubbed the hit. Hah!

One last idiot remain...

The last ally of Jetster was a smaller pegasus colt, short jet black mane and tail, orange eyes and aquamarine coat.

I slowly turned my head and looked into his eyes. He made a shocked expression.

He released me, then began to stutter.

"I-I-I di-didn't want t-to do this, he forced me!" I can tell, he wasn't lying. Actually, he was a sympathic new guy, I hadn't seen him before, so I guessed that Jetster assaulted him to force him to join his herd or he would beat him... idiot.

"Okay. I believe you. You can go." I said in a friendly tone for his relief - he sighed and flew away.

'New friend? Maybe..' I thought. Then I grabbed my flying suit.

After I got it on and placed my saddlebag on my back, I flew off to the direction of the school.

I needed to go there after all!


After the school opening...

Everypony was jealous on me. My suit was truly awesome: The same design as my first one, just improved in every way.
The visible difference was that it was made out of a different kind of matter what made it shinier. Awesome.

I almost reached the halfway between home and the school, when I heard Jetster's voice from behind me.

"This time you won't get awa-*cough*" He coughed some, then signed to attack me.
Just about 15 minions were with him this time.

I had to flee as fast as possible. In a split second, I thought over what the possible ways of escape were. I choosed to make a nosedive to the ground. After a whole summer of self-training I was able to accelerate to a very high speed. Also, the training increased my turning, spinning, and other kinds of in-flight moves. They couldn't catch me midair.

So I made the nosedive. In the last second, I pulled up, avoiding the crash. For my satisfaction, I heard three loud smashes: 12 minion left.
The suit worked very well: my resistance to air was the smallest so I won extra speed.
Unfortunately not enough, while I tried to speed up and made some evasive moves, two minion got too close.
They almost reached me. One in the left and one in the right. I saw their plan: when they get close enough, they would charge me from the sides, so I couldn't get out from their grip.

Hah!

In the last moment I dodged them with a massive break in my speed: They collided and crashed into the ground.
Did I say before? This chase was 5-7 meters high above the ground...
The evasion was successful, but they got closer. 10 idiots.

A possible plan flashed in. What if?...

I made a big circle to face them, then I flew through their group: Every one of them tried to catch me with no success. But my plan worked! 7 more crashed and weren't able to chase me.
The three remaining minions were angry now, and I had to think out a better plan to escape... And I just realized.

The forest.

The Everfree.

If they want to chase me trough it, I could lose them. That forest is so dense, they will eventually crash into a tree or something.
I headed to the forest and gave a final big burst of speed before I had to slow down and evade the trees.
One of the minions stopped and gave up when he saw the forest. Clever choice.

2 left.

I was a good hundred meters deep into the forest when they reached the border of it, but I needed to go. If I stop, they will catch me.
But I thought again. A quickly assembled trap could be my escape. I looked around and saw a medium sized branch.

"Perfect."

The two minions were at me a few seconds later. When they saw me, they yelled in anger and accelerated... Just to be hit by the branch I pulled back before, so it slammed them in the face.

"Heh. Nice try. Seeya!" I said to the semi-conscious minions.

And just in the moment when I turned around to fly home, Jetster appeared from nowhere and kicked me in the stomach.

"UGH!!!" I fell to the ground. This idiot is going to kill me.

"Suffer, roach!" He said and kicked my ribs so hard I heard a crack.

This is it, the end. At least this soulless pony will go to jail.
Jetster stood over me. He raised his forehooves to crash my skull. Cool.
But something moved in a nearby bush.

"Huh?" He slowly turned around. Just to face a manticore.

The mighty beast roared to him.
I swear, he peed himself.

'This is my moment!'

In the biggest pain I can remember, I stood up, and flew away. But my freedom was short. I heard Jetster scream, then he flew past me.
And the manticore began to chase me.

WHAT.

It was much larger and slower than the minions of that idiot, but I was so hurt, I could just barely fly.
For my luck, a new rush of adrenaline built up, and I slowly began to gain speed.
The manticore got close, but I accelerated rapidly. Then I began to make the dodgy maneuvers. Yes!
The creature, after three minutes of unsuccessful chasing and crashing into trees, finally gave up.
It was finally over.


After reaching the outskirts of Cloudsdale I checked myself: every part of me was hurt, my saddlebag was nowhere to be found (maybe a branch ripped it off?) and my suit was a mess: Dirty, and torn on a lot of places.

Hm, Something was weird.
I checked myself again.
Nothing much than in the first check: pain, dirt, torned suit, the biggest tear was over my cutiemark.. Wait, WHAT?

I looked at it. There it was.
I was the last in my class to get it, but whatever, I got it!
It is a wavy, thinning blue arrow with a wavy line on the top of it and another one at the bottom too.
The colors of it are interesting: it goes darker at the bottom.

I thought about it.
Yes, the speed. And the evasion, the dodging. This is it.
My satisfied smile was stopped by the sharp pain in my side.

'I need to go to a hospital....'