• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 3,106 Views, 360 Comments

Memories of Zephyr - Zephyr



Do you ever asked who Zephyr is? This is his story, find it out!

  • ...
6
 360
 3,106

Chapter 5

I never really tried to do my best at school.
For first, I know what I want to do when I grow up.
Second, as long as I don't get any bad marks, I refuse to learn more than the bare minimum.
So, thanks to the logic and intelligence that I was born with, I managed to get in to the Highschool type of my flight school with good points.

For the first few weeks of school, everything went smoothly. I missed Sunset Wreath (he went in an other school), but I made a new and real friend: Blue Breeze. Life was pretty good, but then, the bullies found me again and quickly set about performing their usual routines with sadistic pleasure. I swear they were trying to drive me insane.


The 6th month in the Manehatten Flight School...

I met Blue Breeze on the bus again. We always meet eachother in the bus, every morning. He lives in Canterlot, so he gets on the bus at the third stop along the 50 km route.
He is a good friend of mine, maybe the only so far, and he has dark blue coat, lemon yellow mane and tail and dark red eyes. His cutiemark is a tornado, and it represents his talent with any kind of winds. Or something like this, his speaking was... Chaotic when he explained it to me.


[GIGANTIC PICTURE FTW!]

So, as I said, I met him again. He greeted me first as he saw me.

"Wazzup Zeph?!?" He was always this hyper in the mornings.

"Uh, just the usual... 3 hours of sleep... Nightmares... Ugh..." And that was me, dead to the world, in every morning.

"Dude. You are 14 years old! Get some sleep-pills from a pharmacy, you need it." He made a serious face.

"Oh, I would never ever think about this! Thank you Captain Obvious, the protector of the things we already know!" I stopped and inhaled deeply. "No Bluey, I don't need drugs to get myself into form. The onl-"
I couldn't end my sentence. I never can, he always does this.

"Ugh, nonsense, you wont get addicted by a single pill!"

I glared at him. "So as I was saying... The only thing I need is sugar. A lot of it."

"Sugar? Are you serious?" He raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Yes. The only thing our brain eats is sugar," I explained, "So if I eat something what contains a lot of it, my brain will spin up to normal speed. Oh, and I will be fat, so I'll need to do twice as much flying."

Bluey just shook his head in disbelief. "Alright dude... do whatever you want! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some serious napping to do!" He leaned back in his chair and tried to get his usual sleep before arriving.


Later....

The bus has arrived as usual, 7 minutes and 40 seconds before the end of the recess.

"*yaaaaaawnn* What day is it again?" Bluey asked me, his eyes still closed.

No answer.

"Zeph?" Now he became suspicious.

Still no answer.

Finally he opened his left eye.

"THE DAY YOU DIE!!!" I shouted at him, inches from his face. To make it better, I wore false fangs too.

"AAAAAAAGAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" He flopped out of the chair into the floor of the bus, landing on his head.

His reaction made everypony in the bus laugh riotously, since they had all seen me getting ready for the prank.

"THAT WAS NOT FUNNY ZEPHYR!"

He lay there gasping like he had run a marathon. I just made a satisfied smirk, and popped the fangs out of my mouth.
After a moment, I leaned down and helped him back onto his seat. By this point even he was laughing at the prank.


Even later....


"Ughhh... I'm gonna fall asleeeep...." I said, blinking slowly. I was really on the edge of falling asleep.
Bluey poked me on the ribs.

"He-he-hey, don't do this again! I barely saved you last time. Mr. Long Beard will punish you if he sees!" He whispered.

"Fine..." I leaned back to get out from the influence of falling asleep on my table.

Mr. Long Beard, just if he had a sixth sense for this, stopped his speaking and looked around. Thanks to my best friend, I was saved from his anger.

Didn't I say before? My class was chit-chatting always. Every single class, doesn't matter what kind. Always.
The teachers mostly ignored it, but the ones like Mr. Long Beard couldn't resist punishing somepony if he was upset enough by the continous background noise of talking.
Hm, why is he called Long Beard? He doesn't even have beard at all!... I think he explained it once but i can't remember... anyway...

"Class! Tell me what I was just telling you over the last two minutes!"

Nopony answers.

"Nopony? Alright! Fine! I hope you will enjoy your essay about it!" I totally saw flames in his fire red eyes.
I wonder if he is born to be like this, or assembled to be red in every option. As I said, flame red eyes, light red coat and short, burgundi mane and tail. It was like he could get on fire in any second now.

Any second now....

Everypony made sad faces, or angry ones, and a chorus of groans was heard. Bluey just sat there with his dumb smile on his face.
I looked at him.

"You are crazy." I said slowly.

"What?" He asked if nothing had happened before.

"Tell me, were you here for the past minutes... Bluey?"

Blinks.

"Oh Celestia..." I facehoofed.

In the following recess...

I was just packing my stuff into my saddlebags when I saw a shadow on the floor. I already know what this means.
Allow me to explain. Bluey was down in the canteen, for his early lunch (at 9:30, he is a serious eater). Most ponies stay away from me since I am constantly targeted by bullies, and that means only one pony would come to my table.

Jetster.

Wherever I go, he follows me. Summer camps, holidays with my family, even in the visits at my Grandma!
And it's same in the school. When he heard that I go to the Manehatten Flight School, he assigned himself as fast as possible. Seriously, what. The. Buck. Is. Wrong. With. Him?!?

In the previous years, he tried everything. Some of his bullying worked, but most of them was futile.
Looks like he is never gonna give it up.
Here, in this school, he gathered all of the less inteligent but more muscular students around him, making the ultimate doom for me.
Just to make an example: Once they began to chase me after school. I had to hide in a trash container to escape from them.

And this went on every day...

He stood above me. I looked up, just in time to see him grab my pencil case and throw it in the trash can.

"Whoops!" He said. "I almost missed it!"

Six months. Six months of suffering. Every day something terrible. And every day is worse than the one before.
Why did I mentioned Bluey before? Because he was the only one who stood by my side and defended me from his terrorizing.
But he wasn't here obviously... and my Anger'o'meter ran off the scale. All rational thinking was gone.

"Now you die." I said coldly.

He raised an eyebrow and made a bored expression.

"Uh-huh, like in th-" He was stopped by fast punch in his stomach.

My position had its advantages; I could reach his weak points.
But my attack just started.
I leaped up from my chair, throwing everything in various directions. I left him no time to recover as I jumped on the top of him, pinning him to the floor, and began to punch his face as hard and fast as I could manage.
This went on for I don't know how long, all I can see was his blood on everything around us. I'm sure I heard a 'crack' or two, when something jumped at me, shoving me away from Jetster.
I was surprised and confused at the same time, the world stopped existing while I punched the soul out of him.
Then my brain began to work, and in a split second, I understood what happened.

Mr. Long Beard stood next to Jetster.

His face was not angry or mad in any rate. He was sad.
Jetster was just lying where I 'left' him, twitching sometimes, and still bleeding from the injuries on his face.
Both of his eyes were swollen shut, and several of his teeth littered the ground.
I looked around. Everypony in the class just looked at me, then at Jetster and Mr. Long Beard, in total shock and
silence.

"Zephyr. Please come with me." His voice was even sadder than his expression.

I just stood up and followed him, leaving a trail of bloody hoofprints behind me.