• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 3,109 Views, 360 Comments

Memories of Zephyr - Zephyr



Do you ever asked who Zephyr is? This is his story, find it out!

  • ...
6
 360
 3,109

Chapter 6

Author's note: the improving is continuing, let's see chapter 6!



My life got a spin when I almost killed Jetster.
Everypony avoided me.
Nopony wanted to talk to me again.
The teachers always had sad expressions on their faces when they saw me alone, in the recesses.

And the list of bad things doesn't ended here. Altough I was exempted by the court, and I haven't seen Jetster again, my best and only friend, Blue Breeze was moved out to an other city, with his family.

I was all alone. Dead to the world.


My previous plan about what to do was to sign in the Canterlot Royal Guard Academy, but I had no real prospects for my future. I was really surprised when I finished the Flight School's two years and the Academy sent me a letter, with scholarship, if I joined them.

Maybe somepony watches me from 'above'...


In the Academy, first day.


I walked through the enormous gates of the Academy. Wow. It was bigger than any gates I had ever seen before.
I froze in my walk when I saw the gigantic building of the academy. This lasted until I heard somepony's cheering. I looked at the direction of the sound.
It was a young unicorn mare. She was half head shorter than me, she had long, straight and dark purple (almost black) mane, pink-ish white coat and yellow eyes. Her cutiemark was a shiny amethyst gem covered in a glowing aura. Something with gems, I think?

She trotted to me, grinning.

"Hy! My name is Radiant Gem and I'm so happy to see an other new student here! Welcome to the Cantelot Royal Guard Academy! And do you know why I'm happy? Because I will throw you a PAAAAR~TEEEYY!!!!! *ghaaaaaahhh*"

Mother. Of. Mercy. She said this all with only one breath. And so fast I almost wasn't able to follow it.
What the...?

"Uhmm... Hello, name is Zephyr Verve, nice to mee-e-e-ugghhh!!!" She grabbed my right forehoof and shaked it violently, then she hugged me like a bear. "...I can't breath..."

That was the only thing I could say. I began to see little stars around.
She suddenly released me.

"Ooooh, sorry, I lost my mind again, are you alright? Can you forgive me?" Sudden change in personality, and it looks like she is getting started...

"Yeah... But I wont forgive you... Huhhh..." I took deep breaths while her expression went from joy to sorrow. "I won't forgive you because there is nothing to forgive."

Like a lightbulb, her face lighten up in bliss and she hugged me again.

"Sooo.. What are you doing here Gem? Hm, can I call you Gemmy?"

"Oh, sure if you want and I'm a student here just like you! The Academy sent me a letter with a scholarship if I join them."

I hope she will be more 'normal' later...

"If I'm not wrong, they only send their letters to a student, if the student have a 'special ability'.. sooo, what is yours?" By the look on her face, she likes my half-scientific speech. Good start.

"My special ability? I use gems to concentrate my magic into a beam! It's like a laser-weapon!"

"What?... coooool! Uhm, by the way, do you know where should we go now? I think there is a chance that we can get in the same class!"

"Hmmm, no. I just arrived a few minutes before you."

"Then we should go and search the school.. Shall we?"

She nodded, smiling. We trotted in the main building.


"Hmm, Zephy, what is your speciality then?"

Zephy? What?... Oh, well....

"My special ability? Dodging. At high speed. And speed itself of course. If I hadn't wanted to come here, I would be in an acrobatic's school."

"Awesome! Hey, we should practice with eachother!"

"What do you mean?"

"I fire mah lazer at you, and you try to dodge it while flying! Totally FUN!"

"...."

"What?"

"Okay, we will try it later!" I said grinning.

"Whooooo!"

She is so weird!


Five minutes later, somewhere in the maze like corridors of the Academy.


"Gemmy, I think we are now officially lost." I said with a concerned expression.

"Uhmmm, maybe if we go to left and then left again and again..."

"Yes, we are lost. *facehoof*"

"Hey, I hear something!" She stopped in her tracks and began to search the source of the sound.

"I can't hear anyt-" I was silenced by a hoof in my mouth.

"This way!" She said and began to gallop to a far door.

At the door.

"Heh, it's music! Somepony is singing!"

"Should we peek in?"

"Yes, I want to know who is singing." And with that, I opened the door. The scene was... astounding.

A tall (taller than me) unicorn stallion sang, he had burgundy coat, metallic grey, almost shoulder-long mane, and golden eyes. His cutiemark was an iron shield.

I listened his singing with Gemmy. She almost couldn't hold her laugh.


The stallion holded a female manequine in his hooves dancing and singing to 'her', all of this in that empty classroom with a record playing in the corner.

[if you want to hear the song, click : here. ]

Due to completely unnecessary copyright issues, this part which was to show the scene of a comedic dance, is deleted and stored on my pc. For anyone who reads it, thank it to an anonymous bastard. For the bastard: You should be ashamed of yourself.


He heard us rolling on the floor by laughing. That was it, run or die!

Or none of them.

He came out from the room and greeted us grinning.

"Hi! Did you like my production?"

I recovered first and answered him.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. hehe, you are awesome! Name is Zephyr Verve, what's yours?" I raised a hoof to him.

"Iron Will at your service!" He said, posing majesticly and still grinning. "And who might this little lady be?"

"*still giggling* My name is *snort* Radiant Gem! Haaahahahaahaaaaa!!!!" She errupted in a fresh burst of laugh.

"Uhm, yes, we are new here, can you direct us to the main hall?"

"Sure, follow me. Hey, do you two want to meet me again later?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"I think, this is the beginning of a good friendship!"




I hope so too!

First day, It hadn't even started, and I already have two friends! Awesome.