• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 4,893 Views, 85 Comments

Warrior - The-DerpSide



Spike has always felt helpless....but with the Sangheili as ancestors....maybe he can change....

  • ...
8
 85
 4,893

Ponyville: part 2

This is written on a tablet, so there may be mistakes.

Spike's covered eyes stared at the two ponies at the door-Sweetie Bell having already run into the building to talk with her older sister.

The ponies eyes were wide and stared at the dragon mentioned in Equestrian newspapers.

"I'm telling you there's a conspiracy about this alliance." The stallion said to his wife, who elbowed him.

"Nishum" Spike growled out quietly at him-using the Sangheili word for "intestinal parasite"; which was often used as an insult. The ponies around him stared at him quizzically, before shrugging off the strange word.

After all, Spike reasoned, words hurt less than weapons, and the stallion had unintentionally insulted the honor of the Earth Dragons. Still, he stared defiantly at the stallion and finally asked "You dare question my honor?"

"Easy Spike....." Rarity said, guiding him to a chair at the table.

"That.....wasn't a smart move on your part, sir." Twilight said, leading him to a seat farther down, "Like the Samurais of Neighan, honor is everything to Spike's species." At his glance towards Spike, she added "And he DID fight through a swarm of changlings single hoofed"

The rapidly paling face of the stallion told Twilight that her message got through to him.

/////////////////////

"So you're a....soldier?" Rarity's father asked Spike after taking a bite of a cookie served with the tea.

"As my ancestors before me were. Like them, I will gladly pay the ultimate price for my comrades." Sike said, taking his helmet off and calmly sipping some of the hot tea. He glanced at the Fire Ruby. Part of him wanted to say something, but he knew that he should let Rarity have some time to reflect on the proposal.

"That's quite morbid" Sweetie Bell bluntly pointed out. Spike gave a short laugh, snorting out some smoke.

"When each battle can be your last, there is no point in hiding the truth" Spike said, earning a nod of respect from Applejack.

"As soon as I knew the basics of battle, my grandfather had me take he same training the Honor Guards-some of the highest ranked soldiers in our race. He had already buried my parents." Spike said, staring at his reflection in his tea before he set his cup down and stood up.

"Ei slee ji klaka" (I need to walk) Spike said, placing his helmet back on and heading to the door. With a quick excuse, Rarity stood up and followed after him.


On the outside, a dragon in Major rank armor stood next to a revenant, which Spike climbed into the driver seat of. Rarity, after greeting the other dragon, surprised Spike by climbing into the passenger seat just as he turned on the vehicle. The revenant roared to life before Spike pressed the acceleration pedal and the vehicle flew down the street, curving to avoid the occasional pony. Rarity's mane and tail started blowing back in the wind, much to her horror.

///////////////////////////////

After a while, Spike brought the revenant to a stop on a hill overlooking Ponyville. As Rarity fussed over her mane and tail, her gaze caught the small town and she watched as Spike leaned against the Covenant vehicle, a small smile on his face.

"Spike, if it isn't unreasonable, may I make a request?" She said, staring at his relaxed form.

"What is it, mi lady?" He said, tensing himself for action.

"Can you teach me how to speak Sangheili? " She said, making him stare at her.

"You, the mistress of all things fancy, want to learn a guttural language?" He asked, and she stared pleadingly at him.

"Fine" Spike said after a few minutes of debate, "but just to let you know, I retaliated when your father questioned the honor of my species by calling him an internal parasite" he said with a guilty look on his face.

She snorted slightly, holding back a laugh. "With all of my father's conspiracy theories, I have heard others call him worse".

Author's Note:

This is all for today. This tablet is proving troublesome to write on.

Comments ( 12 )

Finnaly new chapter

Oh hey, new chapter.
So the Tablet's pissing you off, huh? Can't write on it?
Can't you plug a Keyboard into it? I'm sure that would help.

Huh, glad rares' dad got t point on what spike is capable of if his honor gets tarnished even slightly :ajsmug:; i mean sure he probally wouldn't hav done anythin since t guy's family to his crush :unsuresweetie: but, still he did warn t others on what happens :duck:. Also i think t reason rares wants to learn Sangheili is so that she can understand it whenever spike-man speaks in that tongue whether it be good or bad :twilightsmile::rainbowlaugh:

this story is amazing

Is this story going to be finished through or am I going to have to make a head cannon ending like so many other Halo Sangheili crossover stories?

8152658

Sorry! Just graduated! Been very busy!

Are you going to make more pls:raritystarry:

8644429
yes pleeease make more!

come on man update please!!

fix (Sike) said, taking his helmet off and calmly sipping some of the hot tea. to spike

Login or register to comment