• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 4,892 Views, 85 Comments

Warrior - The-DerpSide



Spike has always felt helpless....but with the Sangheili as ancestors....maybe he can change....

  • ...
8
 85
 4,892

Chapter 1: awakening

Spike was known around Ponyville as a "baby" dragon. He himself did not know why he wasn't growing-after all; he was only around 4 years younger than his adoptive older sister Twilight Sparkle. He had tried to find out who he was on a dragon migration, but only ended up getting a baby phoenix as a pet. It was only afterwards that Twilight did some research and found out that Spike was an Earth Dragon-who had a completely different migration schedule. Right now though, he wasn't bristling with energy anymore. His scales had dimmed and he had dark rings around his eyes from a lack of sleep caused by nightmares.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As he was standing outside Carousel Boutique with Twilight-who was talking to Rarity, a flash of blue caught his eye. It was just the tail of another pony, but Spike's slitted pupils narrowed and he crouched down, growling out something that sounded like "Wort wort wort".

"Spike? Is something the matter?" Twilight answered.

"My….head….MAKE IT STOP!" Spike yelled out before he gave off an aggressive roar and dashed off into the Everfree forest, ignoring Twilight and Rarity's cries for him to stop. He was driven by instinct-ignoring everything around him as the shadows hid him from sight.

"What on earth is going on with little Spikey-Wikey?" Rarity asked.

"I'm not sure…maybe it's his time to migrate…" Twilight said, lowering her ears to her head, "I hope we see him again……"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Months passed by, and everyone was feeling the loss of the little dragon. But right now, everyone had a bigger problem to deal with. Chrysalis and her changelings had attacked during Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding, having disguised herself as Cadance and weakened Shining Armor's barrier. Not only that, she used Shining Armor's love to strengthen her spell and defeat even Princess Celestia. Weakened, cornered, and without the Elements of Harmony, the "Mane 6" as well as the due-to-be-married couple felt helpless, until everyone's sharp hearing picked up a sound. A sound of something whistling through the air up the stairway and changelings falling to the floor with a heavy thud.

"Who DARES to interfere with MY Victory?" Chrysalis growled out, getting into an attack position. Right then, the doors flew open and a pile of changelings were thrown into the room where they landed unmoving. Some had sharp, needle-like, pink gem shards embedded in them, others had what looked like a something sharp had sliced into them and burned the wound shut at the same time. Others just had burn marks. That's when a figure approached the stairs.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He stood on two legs, and was as tall as Shining Armor, including his horn. He wore silver-white armor with a chest piece that surrounded his torso and was bulkier at the back and shoulders. A black bodysuit was covering most of the body, while a purple dragon's tail that ended in a spade waved warningly behind him. There was white armor on his upper arms and lower arms, and upper legs and lower legs. The helmet jutted backwards like a shark's fin, only it had two similar "fins" either side of the top fin, while blue glass covered his eyes. His mouth remained visible, and a snout with two fangs jutted out that was purple with a light-green underside snarled at Chrysalis.

He had two things in his hand. In his left hand was a purple handle attached to a long object that had a triangular body and a long barrel at the end with pink needle-like gem shards sticking out of it. In his right hand was a one-handed, dual-bladed sword made up of green flames. Twilight was the first to snap out of her shock.

"S-Spike?" She asked, causing the figure's head to look towards them.

"Hey, you all miss me?" He asked, in a slightly deeper voice, "Migration was a pain, but I finally know about my species history…who I am…" He squeezed the handle of the sword and the flames went out. He breathed some more fire into it, and a little light came on. He stuck the handle on his right leg-where it attached itself almost magically and moved the handle of the other object into his right hand and supported it with his left.

"You will be nothing but history when I'm through with you!" With that, Chrysalis fired a magic blast at him, but no one was prepared for when green flames burst out from the back of the bulky shoulder armor and sent him into the air.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Spike flew using the green-flamed jet-pack dodging the blasts with practiced ease and fired a few of the pink shards from the object he held in his hands, and the shards flew in a fast, straight line and into Chrysalis's shoulder. When she turned to look at the objects that had struck her, Spike landed and quickly lit up the flame-sword, and cut through Chrysalis's twisted horn. He then grabbed her by the throat and slammed her back-first into the ground, holding the sword so that it was aimed just above her eyes as her spell holding Celestia vanished-with the focus point of the spell-her horn-no longer in use. Behind the glass, Spike's pupils narrowed.

"There is no honor in claiming victory through deceit." With that, he thrust the blades into Chrysalis's head and pulled them out quickly; shutting them off before letting out a roar similar to the one he gave before the migration. He turned back to his friends, to see awed stares and Shining Armor being fueled by Princess Cadance while he performed his barrier spell. Watching with a smirk as the other changelings were flung off into the distance, he gazed out over the forest.

"Spike?" A familiar voice that caused his heart to do flips called out to him as he pulled off his helmet, causing the green head spikes to pop back up and his slitted green eyes gazed out over the white unicorn mare-Rarity.

"This isn't a greed-growth, is it?" She asked.

"No. It was finally time for my body to age-and I needed to migrate to the place of my ancestors to do so. Not all Earth Dragons grow to monstrous sizes-only the ones that abandon our ancestor's path and follow the path of greed do so." With a smile, she leaned over and kissed his cheek, causing Spike's face to blush as he seemingly tripped over his own two feet with hearts in his eyes.

"You were my hero-again I might add." She said with a smile. His sister Twilight trotted up to him. "Spike. I heard you finally discovered who you were!" Spike nodded.

"Indeed. I am a descendant of the Sangheili-honorable warriors. I walk the harsh path of honor, but glory and honor guide our ascension!"