• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,124 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Sparkle's Otherworldly Misadventure - ScrimpyMule



After a mishap with a new spell, Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a new place called.....Kansas?!

  • ...
8
 59
 4,124

Epilogue

John looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was nearly midnight. His gaze drifted back to the beautiful girl sleeping next to him. She wasn't quite as beautiful as Twi, but she still had him completely wrapped around her hoof. It had been several months since he had started sharing a bed with her. When it had begun, it was rather frequent, but now it was happening less and less. John kept insisting that it couldn't keep going on like this and that his wife was the only girl he should be sleeping with. He had tried to tell this girl that he couldn't do it tonight, but the look in her eyes had eventually caused him to give in.

It was the nightmares that were to blame for this, or at least that's what Starlight was saying. John held no doubts that it was nightmares that had first driven his daughter to start crawling into bed with her parents. Eventually, she had simply grown accustomed to sleeping in their bed, due to John and Twi's inability to say "no" to those eyes. After a while, they had decided that enough was enough. She needed to get used to the idea of sleeping in her own bed, so John had begun escorting her back to her own room and getting into bed with her whenever she came into their room seeking their companionship. John would unintentionally fall asleep in this bed every once-in-a-while, but would usually just make his way back to his own bed after Dusk had drifted off to sleep. This is what he did now.

Carefully, John kissed his daughter's head, removed himself from her bed, and exited the room. He arrived at his own bed and did his best to get in without waking Twi up. He nestled up against her and put his foreleg around her and her belly that was once again growing with life. He began retracing the events that had led to the establishment of this borderline paradise that he was now a part of.

Eight years, John thought. He had been married to this beautiful mare who was now sleeping next to him for over eight years. The first three had been in the world he had been born into. The past five had been in the world he had been reborn into. This was the world their daughter had been born into and would be the world that their second child would be born into.

John had learned through experience that surprises awaited around every corner. It was a lesson that he had been learning and re-learning ever since he had met Twi. He didn't know what to expect, but was convinced that not knowing what was coming was one of the greatest joys in life.

Throughout his life, John had always felt that something was missing. However, that feeling had been dissipating ever since that fateful night when he had discovered what he had, at the time, believed to be a nut-case standing nude in the middle of nowhere. Now, that feeling was non-existent. His life was now complete. There were going to be trials ahead, but he knew that as long as he had his family, he would be happy. With a wide grin on his face, John closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the life he had yet to live.

Comments ( 8 )

I liked it. Though I think it's kinda short. Hope you write more stories in the future.

Finished... Now you just need Oprah's stamp of approval.

1661648
Indeed, I hope he does.

I can see this becoming a large series... can't wait for the second installment, well, if there is one.

1663166
Sorry, I'm afraid that's it. I am currently planning a relatable story, but the two will be completely unassociated with one another.

1663270
one word to that: crummy. It was a nice story while it lasted, only wish you would continue it fully in a series. Well, see you around I guess...

Pretty sweet. A little rushed in the middle, but I suppose that's what happens when love intervenes :raritywink: Great job~ :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment