• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,124 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Sparkle's Otherworldly Misadventure - ScrimpyMule



After a mishap with a new spell, Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a new place called.....Kansas?!

  • ...
8
 59
 4,124

Unwanted Visitors

Twilight Sparkle, or Twi as her husband had come to call her, lay in bed on her side. Her husband was nestled against her with his hand over her belly, which was growing by the day. It had been six months since Twi had given John the news of the baby that was now in her womb. He had been so excited that he picked her up in a bear hug and nearly squeezed the life out of her. After three years of marriage, they were ready to start bringing children into the world. While marred by the absense of her loved ones from Equestria, her last three yeas with John had been the best of her life. The idea of raising a family with him at her side brought her more joy than she could express. Her thoughts were interrupted by a jab in her gut.

"Are you alright?" John asked. "I think i just felt the baby kick."

"You did", Twilight responded. "She's been getting a bit rowdy lately. I'm fine."

John propped himself up with his arm and kissed the side of her head. "Why haven't you gotten to sleep yet?"

"I've just been thinking."

"About what?"

"About us and the baby. I've also been thinking about everyone back in Equestria. I'm happy that I get to share a life here with you, but I miss them so much. It breaks my heart that the only grandchildren my parents will ever see will be my brother's foals."

John's arm tightened slightly around her. "I'm sorry, Twi. I know you miss them all. It just breaks my heart that I can't do anything about it."

Twi freed herself from John's hold and turned to face him, accepting his embrace again. "You already have. You've helped me make a place for myself in this world. You've given me a home and you have been the best husband any girl could ask for."

"I love you, Twi. I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Honey."

With that, they silenced themselves and soon drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~

John woke up the next morning and looked a the alarm clock. It was ten o'clock and it was Saturday. He turned to look at the other side of the bed and saw that it was empty. He got out of bed and proceeded to look for Twi. He found a note on the table.

"John, I went out of town to grab a few groceries. We're low on milk and eggs. I'll be home around noon."

John looked in the fridge and found half a gallon of milk and a twelve-count egg carton that still contained seven eggs. He smiled to himself. Twi had become a citizen of the United States of America and an official Kansas resident one year earlier. She had gotten her liscence three months ago. Ever since, she had been taking every opportunity she could to get behind the wheel. She loved driving more than he had ever expected possible.

John decided to use this time to grade tests that had been piling up for the past two days. He pulled out his files, sat down at the table, and set to work. He had not made a great deal of progress in his work when he was interrupted by a knocking at the back door.

"Who in the world would be coming to the back door?" John wondered aloud. He made his way around the corner and faced the back door, freezing when he saw the guests that had disturbed him. He never would have expected to see what lay before his eyes at this moment. He was petrified with fear and awe by the beings that now stared back at him through the window. Beings that he never even thought were real until Twi had come into his life.

~~~~~

Twilight scanned over her list once again. Milk, eggs, bread, cheese, and candy were all in the basket that hung from her arm. She had gotten everything that she had come for, which wasn't much, considering the thirty miles she had driven to get here. She just couldn't help it. She loved driving so much. She was traveling at speeds that even Rainbow Dash would have difficulty maintaining for a long time. There were so many amazing things in this world that everybody took for granted.

Twilight knew she couldn't keep this up for too long. Eventually, she would have to stop using any possible excuse to drive wherever she could. The price of gas these days was just too high for her to be so careless. John hadn't mentioned it to her yet. He knew how much joy she got from being behind the wheel, so he simply told her to be careful.

She was once again reminded of how lucky she was to have been found by him the day she had come into this world. He had been so kind to her during their first month together, and had been a better husband than she could've ever asked for ever since.

With an armful of groceries, she got back in the car and began the drive home, unaware that her life was about to be turned upside-down.

~~~~~

John wasn't sure how long he had been staring at the ponies at the other side of his door. He considered simply hiding behind the corner and pretending that noone was home. He immediately dismissed this idea, however, because they had already seen him. He slowly made his way to the door, barely able to walk. He opened it and came face-to-face with Princess Celestia.

"Hello," the Princess said.

John simply stood where he was, unable to speak. Princess Celestia simply stared back, gaping as though she had never laid eyes on a human before. After a few moments of awkward silence, she continued.

"We're looking for a friend of ours. She's is a unicorn, about the same height a the mares behind me. She has a purple coat, a dark-blue mane and tail with stripes of dark-purple and pink, and pink and white stars on her flank. Her name is Twilight Sparkle, have you seen her?"

No, John thought to himself. Say "no".

"Y-y-yeah," John replied, still having trouble talking. He knew better thatn to lie to them. He could tell by the Princess' reaction to him that he was the first actual human she had ever laid eyes upon. They had pinpointed their position, somehow. They knew that Twi could be found here. Besides, Twi would never forgive him if she ever found out that he had prevented her from a reunion with her friends, nor would he ever forgive himself. She deserved to at least see them again, no matter how much he feared the possible consequences of his decision.

"Where is she?" asked the pony John recognized as Rainbow Dash. "We want to see her, now."

John eventually gained enough composer to talk normally. He stuck his head out of the door and scanned the area. He lived on the very edge of the his small town and he knew that risk of the ponies being seen weren't as high as they would be elsewhere, but he know that this conversation would be better held behind closed curtains. He stepped to the side of the doorway and motioned for his unwanted guests to enter. "Come inside, quickly."

The others altered between staring at John and each other, making no move to do as he requested. He understood their apprehension, having just met him and wanting to be weary of this strange new world.

"Quickly," John commanded. "Before someone sees you."

Single-file, they slowly entered into his home. Princess Celestia went first, followed by Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike, and then Fluttershy being pushed in by Applejack. John wondered why Rarity was not with them, but he decided this curiousity would be better sated later. Once they were all inside, John proceded to close the door and every curtian on the first floor of the house. He directed them to the living room and invited them to sit down wherever they like.

They all simply sat on the floor and John sat in the love seat. For what felt like several minutes, they all simply stared at each other. There were several questions flying through John's mind. How did they get here? Why did they wait for three and a half years to come searching for Twi? And most perplexing, how were they still ponies whereas Twi had turned into a human upon her arrival in this world? He decided that these questions would probably be answered later.

For the moment, he simply sat and studied his guests. They weren't the cartoon ponies that they were on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. They bore many of the same traits as they did in the show, such as facial structure, height, hairstyle, cutie marks, and other features, but they had a real-life look about them.

Eventually, Rainbow Dash broke the silence. "Well, are you going to get her for us, or not?" The others simply looked to her, then back to John with excitement in their eyes.

John cleared his throat. "She's gone right now. She went to pick up some groceries." He looked at his watch and saw that it was about eleven-thirty. "She should be back in half an hour or so." He had intended on explaining their marriage, Twi's humanity, and her pregnancy, but decided that it would be best to wait until he had her at his side to do so. In the meantime, they would simply have to make due with the uncomfortable silence, as none of them were in the mood for small talk.

They all simply sat in silence. John was thankful for this. He was losing his inner composer by the second and it was becoming more and more difficult to maintain his straight face. The temptation to break down and sob was ever mounting. He knew why they were here. They had come to take Twi back to Equestria. Memories of "My Little Dashie" flooded his mind and tears were already beginning to form in his eyes. It took every bit of his strength and concentration to refrain from letting the tears well up and spill out. He began to silently panic as he thought of ways to keep these unwanted visitors from ripping his family apart, forever.

~~~~~

Princess Celestia quietly observed the creature that sat across the room from her. She would have introduced herself and the others from the very beginning, but had seen recognition in his eyes from the moment their gazes had met through the window. Somehow, he knew who they were and why they were here. She could see that he was getting emotional and was struggling to maintain his composure. She perceived by this that he and Twilight had grown close in the short time they had been together. Taking her back to Equestria would be more difficult than originally expected, but it was something that had to be done. It was for Twilight's sake, but more importantly, for the sake of Equestria that they had come for her.