• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,124 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Sparkle's Otherworldly Misadventure - ScrimpyMule



After a mishap with a new spell, Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a new place called.....Kansas?!

  • ...
8
 59
 4,124

From Friends to Lovers

Twilight Sparkle sat in the passenger's seat of her fiancé’s car, discussing the arrangements for the wedding that would take place in less than a week. Mere days after Twiight had given up her search, John had proposed. They had fallen in love during the month that they had been living together and the fact that Twilight was now a permenant resident of John’s world had permitted them to act on their emotions toward one-another.

The wedding was to be a simple, courthouse occourance. John was the only person whom Twilight had become close to and John apparently had no one that he cared for enough to have at their wedding. They had decided that because they had no guests, there was no point in planning a big wedding. They also wanted to get married as soon as possible, as this would offer Twilight the opportunity to apply for citizenship in the United States.

John's parents had passed away several years earlier. He had a brother, whom had always disliked him for reasons he couldn't identify. John's extended family had always hated his parents and their hatred had passed onto their sons. John didn't have too many friends, either. He had always been the type who just wanted to be left alone. He wasn't very outgoing and would simply rather stay home than go out and socialize. Even at work, he didn't make friends with his colleagues very often. He would talk to some of them every once in a while, but any interaction other than that was rare. There had been a few people that had been close enough to John for him to consider inviting them to the wedding, but their reactions to Twilight had changed his mind.

“Are you sure there isn’t anyone you want at the wedding, honey”, Twilight began.

“The few people I was even willing to consider either refused to accept, or don’t care for you”, John replied. “If you have no place in their hearts, they have no place in mine.”

“But don’t you want friends?”

“I have you, that’s all I need. As far as friends goes, we won’t find anything around here. If you want friends, I’ll take a job somewhere else and we’ll move.”

Twilight reached over and took his right hand, which was hanging from the arm rest. This man loved her so much that he was willing to leave behind everything he knew to make her happy. He had been so kind to her during their short time together so far. It was having him as a friend, and now as a future husband that made her existence outside of her own world bearable.

“I love you so much, John”, she said, massaging his hand in hers.

John lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it. “I love you too, Twi. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. I can’t get you back to Equestria, and that breaks my heart almost as much as the thought of losing you. The only thing I can do for you is strive to be the husband you deserve.”

“I will always miss my friends in Equestria, but that doesn’t seem to matter as much anymore. Even if I were able to go back, the thought of being away from you is too much to bear. I have a chance at being happy, so long as I’m with you.”

John simply kissed her hand once again. Once they got out of the car, he would kiss her properly. She had no way of knowing what it meant to him to hear her say those words.

~~~~~~~~~

“John, I think you’re making a big mistake, marrying this girl”, said Mike Bacher, an old friend from John’s hometown. The two had met up when John went to the local convenience store for fuel. Twilight had not come, which had given Mike the courage to confront John about his choice.

John was weary of this conversation before it began. “And what is it about my fiancé that you find so disturbing?”

Mike was taken aback by the hostility in John’s tone. “John, something about this girl just isn’t right. Her hair, the way she acts and talks, everything about her is just so strange.”

“I’m strange, you never had a problem with me.”

“Think about it, John. You’ve barely known this broad for over a month. You proposed less than a week ago, not knowing anything about her. Letting her live with you after having just met her and providing her with every comfort was bad enough. But this?”

“This “broad” is my future wife. I love her and I want her to be a part of my life. Actually, I want her to be the CENTER of my life If you can’t accept her into your own life, then you have no place in mine. It’s as simple as that.”

Mike just stared at John for a long moment. Soon, he shook his head and turned to leave. John finished fueling the car and then drove home to his fianc’e, having washed his hands of another “friend” who couldn’t accept the woman his life now revolved around.

~~~~~~~~~~

John and Twilight stood in a court room in front of a judge, facing eachother. This was it. They were finally getting married. Twilight was wearing a simple, purple dress. Since they hadn’t had a big wedding, there was no need to go all-out on a dress and tuxedo. Dispite this, however, she was still so beautiful as to take his breath away. He was barely able to say “I do” when the judge had called on him.

The judge wrapped up his business quickly and without emotion or care, wanting to move on to other matters. “By the power vested in me by the State of Kansas, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

He didn’t have to tell them twice. They already had their lips together before he even finished the last sentence.

It was done, they were married now. They had so much to do. They had to start the process of filling the forms for Twilight to get started on the process of gaining citizenship. Right now, however, they just wanted to go home and be together. It was already starting to get dark and they were going to share a bed for the very first time. They drove back to their home to begin their new life together.