• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 4,124 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Sparkle's Otherworldly Misadventure - ScrimpyMule



After a mishap with a new spell, Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a new place called.....Kansas?!

  • ...
8
 59
 4,124

One of Us

Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle, Shining Armor, and Princess Cadence all sat on one end of the living room in the Sparkles' home while Twi and the newest family member stood side-by-side in the center of the room. All four of them were trying to refrain from demanding her to answer the countless questions that ran through their minds, but this was easier said than done.

When Mrs. Sparkle had first opened the door to find her teary-eyed daughter, the initial reaction between the two had been pure joy. The reaction amongst the other family members when Twi and John had been escorted inside was the same. Eventually, the joy of the moment and all the hugging subsided and they all began to notice that Twi was not only pregnant, but far past the two months that she had been missing. They began to take notice of John immediately following. They put two and two together and things simply became more and more awkward from that point on. From the way Shining Armor was glaring at him, John was beginning to wonder if he would make it out of this experience in one piece.

"H-h-how far along are you?" asked Mrs. Sparkle, barely able to speak.

Twi put a hoof to her belly. "Just over six months."

The room was silent for a long time. "How did this happen?" asked Mr. Sparkle. "You've barely been gone for over two months and you weren't even showing the last time we saw you."

"I wasn't even pregnant the last time you saw me, Dad," Twi responded. "Do you remember how I was trying to get away when I found you two?"

Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle nodded, trying not to hang their heads in shame.

Twi proceeded to explain the circumstances behind her spell and her disappearance. The family was trying to take it in strides, but it wasn't easy. Twi carefully and systematically explained the adventure she had taken part in over the past three and a half years. She told them how she wound up in John's world with a different body and no magic, how they met, how he took her in, the development of their relationship, their marriage, and everything else up until the point where they had been found by the others and came back to Equestria.

When Twi finished her story, there was silence in the room for several minutes. Eventually, Mrs. Sparkle stood and slowly made her way toward John. The two locked eyes for several seconds and then she threw her forelegs around his neck and hugged him.

"Welcome to the family, John," she said. She kissed him on the cheek and made her way back to her spot.

Mr. Sparkle stood and approached John afterward. "Thank you, for looking after my daughter," he said.

John nodded in response. He was approached by Cadence, who gave him the same welcome that he had received form Mrs. Sparkle. When her turn was over, everyone turned to Shining Armor. He and John locked gazes and stood in silence for several seconds. Finally, Shining Armor simply nodded, not saying a single word. John observed that his countenance had softened greatly and nodded back.

Twi sighed in relief. Her husband had been accepted into the family, despite every reason they had to reject him. It had been so much easier than she had expected and she was filled with gratitude and love beyond words at what she had witnessed.

"How long will you two be staying with us," Mrs. Sparkle asked.

"We'll stay the night, but we have to leave tomorrow," Twi responded. "We need to get back to Ponyville as soon as possible and we have a lot to do before we're ready to go."

~~~~~

That night, John lay in a guest bedroom in his in-laws' home, cuddling his wife. She had, once again, proven to be the best thing that had ever happened to him. Before she had come into his life, there wasn't much of a life to live. He had been alone and isolated for quite some time. Twi had given him a family and a new world where he could experience life and all that it had to offer.

He kissed the back of her head, taking care not to wake her. "Thank you, Twi. I love you so much. Thank you." He kissed her once again and drifted off to sleep.

The next afternoon, John and Twi bid farewell to their family. Twi looked to Cadence and said, "hey, I meant to ask earlier, where are the kids?"

"When Celestia contacted us and told us to come over, she said that we should leave them at home," Cadence responded. "She wouldn't tell us why, but I guess now we know the reason. This was all a lot to take in. When we get back to the Crystal Empire, we'll tell them you're back. We'll bring them to Ponyville soon for a visit."

"Please do, I miss them."

Twi and John departed and slowly made their way back to the castle. John was slowly growing accustomed to walking on four legs, but it was still awkward. Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks, not moving another inch.

"Honey, what is it?" Twi asked.

"I just realized something," John said.

"What?"

"I'm naked." He couldn't understand why it had taken him so long to come to this realization, but now that he had, he felt self-aware and embarrassed.

"We're ponies, John. We're ALL naked, all the time."

"I know, but it's just so weird. I've always worn clothes, and now that I'm not, it's just hard not to feel really awkward."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Come on, let's get back to the castle."

Slowly, they began moving again. Before they had gotten far, John began chuckling.

"What's so funny?" Twi asked, amused by his sudden humor.

"You know," John began. "When I was a teenager, I always wished to live in a world where women walked around naked."

~~~~~

One full week had passed since John and Twi had come to Equestria. They were preparing to board the Friendship Express to go back to Ponyville. Twi had been nervous about explaining to everyone who why she had been gone so long, why she was pregnant, and who John was. After her tremendous success with her family, however, she was much more laxed over the matter. They were going to let things play out and cross bridges as they came. They would be just fine, so long as they were together.

They still had a lot to do. Princess Celestia had already granted John citizenship and now they just need get him registered in Ponyville. He still had to find his special talent and there were so many things that he had to learn, not only with his new body, but about the community he was going to live in. He was fine by this, though. He had Twi to help him through everything. Whatever he had to go through was worth it, so long as he got to be with her.