• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 7,384 Views, 109 Comments

A Place to Call Home - starshine_dash



So what happens when I fall asleep one night and wake up in Ponyville?

  • ...
27
 109
 7,384

End

Hi there! Author here, speaking cause, well, I need to! This story, as it stands, is done. I could make a sequel, maybe, about more things that happen in Ponyville, and the whole "the fuck is that in the forest?" thing, but the story, from Tara/Starshine's point of view, is over. To continue it, as it stands, I feel would diminish the work.

Thoughts on a sequel, from third-person and dealing with either more episodes and/or the things that are running lose are appreciated, and general critiques. My next work is going to be some cloppy Changeling Twilight stuff, and more work on Darkest of Days while I finish the re-write of Sunrise.

Also, check out my newest work The Other Life please :3

Comments ( 20 )

*stamps hooves in applause* :pinkiehappy:

though i wish would of been longer to tie up at least a couple of the lose ends. or a more flushed out epilogue.

but on the other end leaves plety to the Imagination :pinkiehappy: and depending on how it wants to act today shall dictate how i envision how it could of ended :pinkiecrazy:

eather way it was a great story and now we shall have to read the rest of thy work.

Incomplete · Teen · Sex · Gore

This... makes no sense.

1813240
Eh, I chose that when I was originally starting out, then story kind of went away from me and I never changed it.

1813253 I'm, not even sure how you can get Teen with sex or gore. Those both used to be mature categories, plus isn't this done?

EDIT:

Yes, I'm doing a HiE story. Yes I am shipping myself with a pony eventually. I felt like it. I'm going to try not to make myself a central aspect of their lives but if I don't do occasional cool things, the story will be too boring. Just keep on reading.

The green bit makes me want to read, but the tag contradictions has kind of scared me off.

1813259
It is done, yeah. Teen > Sex is heavily implied makeouts or deep kissing with groping. Gore is like, violence occurring, but not like "His entrails spilled across the ground like a meat soup, each organ making a distinct plop."

1813265 Ok, yeah... that's a *Teen* Romance with Action. No explicit sex not really 'sex tag'ish, gore is hardcore bloody. I see those two together and my Sweet Apple Massacre warnings start going off and the "NOPE!!" cannon starts charging.

Eh, I suppose I can give you a like... even though I really wasn't digging the stuck as a pegasus thing. Would have been different if he/she had chosen but the whole "Elements decided, deal with it." really ruined it for me. :fluttercry:

I'd be surprised if you had half a mind to create a sequel to this but now-a-days anything's possible I guess :rainbowderp:...
On a side note this story is good and having read storys just as equally awkward has actually made me entertained by how awkward it is,n a comedic fashion, but its still more than interesting and I'm thinking on rereading it again :twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

Thank you for writing such a fun story to read <33 I really enjoyed it. Still a bit sad there won't be more but oh well ^_^

Make a sequel in 5 seconds or a am going to cry. (Not to threaten you or anything) 1 2 3 4 5 OK I'm going to cry. :raritydespair: :applecry::fluttercry:

you know as soon as i heard this guy was trying to turn into a girl i quit this story but everything deserves a chance so im back to read it

I've never understood this whole transgender thing but I suppose it's because I've never needed to. They get the same treatment everyone else gets(from me) as I don't really care as long as they don't involve me but it always rubbed me the wrong way as some of us can not afford to worry about such trivial things. If you are trans or whatever great! Good for you! But it will always seem strange to me. Though the whole concept of comfortable and content is the exact opposite of the life I value. Meaning I like being miserable and scrabbling by. Its weird but it's me.happiness is meant to be temporary not permanent. What I mean is no offence but I find that type of thing to be odd. If this offends you and I am terribly sorry as it probably is because I said this wrong. I always screw words up. What comes out is usually not what I mean so... Meh.

Okay, so congrats on being the first story with a Pinkie romance I have read. Also, I imagine her lips taste like strawberries, either that or hot sauce. So, on to what I thought of the story. You write well, and this story makes a good deal of sense, especially Kesida. The only problem I have is the whole thing with the sense of Other going off for Celestia, but not Luna, and the whole plot with dealing with the accidentally supernatural release being started and then nothing happening with it at all. It might as well have not been included, and the Everfree encounter could be explained as "its the Everfree". After all, such a naturally harmonious place in the middle of pony controlled land has to have Gaurdians to prevent ponies from normally wondering in on a regular whim.

I saw this on the front page, In the hot box. I thought it looked familiar.

Does bring some things to mind. I read a story where someone used your exact Starshine dash. I have no clue if they had permission to use your character, but the story just became... just really bad. All I remember was pinkie pulling a human into equestria through a tv and he immediately turned into a pony, who had a brown and white coat.

Aww, that's it? But, all those loose plot threads! Her background! The Elder Tongue! Why did she have The Vault in the first place? Where does the paranoia and tyranny of her choosing the shield come in? What was the locket? And the monster in the everfree is still out there!

How can you just end it like this?! :pinkiegasp:

I loved it and I kinda agree if it had a sequel it would diminish the work a little also I have not read many transgender fanfics and I am glad I came across yours the only other one I have read was mlp fan comic and loved the name starshine dash :rainbowdetermined2: :heart: also think i would ship them starshine x pinkie pie

Login or register to comment