• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 7,383 Views, 109 Comments

A Place to Call Home - starshine_dash



So what happens when I fall asleep one night and wake up in Ponyville?

  • ...
27
 109
 7,383

End Season 1

Time went by as I studied the tome and worked on cataloging everything in my vault. I trained as much as I could despite the fact that I still didn't really know anything. That was a problem I always had. I never really understood how to do anything, but instead I just did it. The wards, energy channeling, all of it was like some extraneous limb that was there and usable but I couldn't tell you how I flexed the muscles.

The winter passed by and the Gala came and went as I worked on my own problems. I was sad to miss it, but I knew it wasn't going to be all that it promised, so I let the girls learn their lesson as was required of the timeline. However, I knew what was coming, and didn't know how to proceed. Eventually, I wrote out a letter to the Princess and had it delivered via Spike. How do you sit back and watch when every pony you know and love is about to experience something that will change them forever, when you can do something about it. Discord was coming, I knew it, and could feel it in my bones. My now trained abilities might help a little, but was there really anything I could do? The Elements of Harmony would be needed no matter what. Who was I to alter fate?

I sat in the library waiting with Twilight, playing a game of chess and losing badly. I'd never been good at it to begin with and my opponent was a combination of Deep Blue and Bobby Fisher. I was about to lose my last line of defense and have checkmate declared when Spike belched out a scroll. I grabbed it, and was disheartened by what I read.


My faithful subject,

I know it must be difficult to possess knowledge of the future as you do, and wish to change it. It is probably worse than the hindsight we all have about our mistakes. However, I must ask that you keep whatever is coming to yourself if, as you say, Twilight and her friends can handle it. If you are correct, then there is a powerful lesson in friendship to be learned, and my student is more than capable of handling herself. As that woman Twilight has become so fond of says: Spoilers, sweetie.


Princess Celestia


I sighed and looked at my friend, eyes watering, "I'm sorry, Twilight. I didn't get the news I was hoping for. I'll... see you around, okay? Be careful."

"I will?" she asked as I left the library, slouching my way home.