• Published 21st Jun 2022
  • 1,000 Views, 114 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard EQG: The Cardfighting Club - MechaTomX



With a new idea established, Spike with the help of his friends will decide to found a school club where they can play Vanguard against other schools, but founding the club will not be so easy due to the pressure imposed by the evil student council.

  • ...
12
 114
 1,000

The Challenges That The Future Will Bring Us

"Shining was right, it doesn't show, but you really do have the power and heart of a Dragon."

Flash placed that last card in the Damage Zone.

Spike: 5/6 Damage (WINNER)
Flash Sentry: 6/6 Damage

Literally everyone in the gym (with the exception of Flash Sentry and Principal Cadence) had gasped.

Spike couldn't believe what he was seeing, he had to pinch himself to know if it wasn't some illusion or a dream, "Ouch."

“Okay, this is real,” Spike said, “I…I beat him?”

Lemon Zest was the first to recover the posture, when doing so, she smiled when she saw the result and with great pleasure she announced the following:

“The battle is over, one where action and drama were present, mighty dragons fighting each other, but in the end, whoever wins is none other than the leader of the Crystal Prep Cardfighting Club, Spike.”


Hearing that, excitement reached the ears of the Crystal Prep Cardfighting Club.

“He made it,” Toola Roola said in surprise.

“Spike won, that means our club…” Coconut Cream said but Toola Roola finished the sentence for her, “It will be accepted.”

“YAY,” the 2 girls celebrated as everyone started clapping.

"Very well done Spike," said Thorax who couldn't help but shed a few tears, "You won."

"I knew he wasn't going to give up," Ember thought, "He's the leader for a reason."

“He is the winner,” Nurse Chrysalis said excitedly.

Cadence said nothing, just smiled.

"Spike, you did it, you managed to show us that you were strong," Twilight Sparkle said with a tear of joy in her eye, "You are a true cardfighter, little bro."


Spike remained motionless in his seat, he was still processing what had happened, but Flash's voice made him come back to his senses.

"What can I say," Flash Sentry said, "it's been spectacular."

Spike was looking at him carefully, not knowing what to say.

“One would say it was a miracle, but, that miracle was created by you,” Flash said, “On that last turn, you managed to call out an entire front row with Double Critical, and that was thanks to one of my Vanguard's attacks didn't scare you, getting you to get a Double Heal, wow.”

“Flash,” Spike said, feeling touched by his words.

"No matter how difficult the path was, no matter how strong units I called in, no matter how much pressure I managed to impose," Flash said with a smile, "You didn't give up, you found your way and that's why you've grown as a Cardfighter."

"Still, I think I was very lucky," Spike said.

"And luck helps those who deserve it," Flash replied as he extended his hand for a handshake, "It was a very fun battle Spike, I hope to fight you again in the future, but I warn you, I will also become more strong for when that day comes.”

Spike smiled, accepted the handshake, "Thanks Flash, and I'll be glad to look forward to that day."

Flash Sentry smiled and withdrew to where his team was.

Tears of joy were coming out of Spike's eyes, who had finished processing everything, after recovering, he raised his right arm and shouted, "I WON."

That cry stood out from the shouts of celebration from his friends.


But the reaction of the student council was very different.

Sunny Flare gave an expressionless look, "Oh, he didn't lose."

“Grr dammit, that idiot was supposed to lose,” Sour Sweet said with the furiest expression she could muster.

“Unfortunately,” Sugarcoat said with an angry expression, “we have no choice anymore, we must accept his stupid club.”

“I refuse,” Indigo Zap said as she clenched her fists, “Just give me 5 minutes alone with that green-haired fool, I'm going to make him see reason and he'll understand why he can't start his club.”

"Why's that?" Said Principal Cadence who had approached, surprising the girls from the student council.

“The Cardfighting Club had complied with everything necessary for their approval,” Cadence told them, “You added an extra condition, which they achieved with great effort, so it is your duty to allow the creation of the Club, otherwise, you would be breaking the rules of the school.”

“It's the rules,” Lemon Zest said, walking closer, “I bet you wouldn't want to break them in front of the headmistress.”

“Ughhh, fine,” Sugarcoat frowned and backed away, “Let's go girls.”

“Good luck with your club,” Lemon Zest told them as she left with the student council.


Later on the streets of Canterlot.

There was the student council which had finished for today, frustrated that they couldn't stop the creation of the
Cardfighting Club.

“Well, this is where I retire,” Lemon Zest left and took another way.

When she left, the others continued arguing about what had happened.

“AHHH, I HAVE NEVER BEEN HUMILIATED LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE,” Sugarcoat yelled.

“Tskk and then they say I'm the temperamental one, BUT I UNDERSTAND YOU, THAT GREEN-HAIRED IDIOT WILL PAY FOR THIS,” said Sour Sweet.

"But what can we do?" asked Indigo Zap, "He already has his club."

“I guess nothing, I think I'll just forget about it,” Sunny Flare said as she turned in another direction, “Bye, see you tomorrow.”

"She's right, what can we do to get revenge against Spike?" wondered Sugarcoat.

"Did you say Spike?" they heard a voice, they turned and saw an 18-year-old girl with pink skin and spikey yellow hair, she was wearing a black blouse and jeans, she was also wearing boots with thorns.

"And who are you?"

“My name is Scales, leader of Team Doomrider, we recently had a problem with one of our members which involved a green haired boy named Spike, even though he did the right thing, in the end he tarnished our team's reputation, and we are not going to allow that.”

“You're basically saying, we should unite, since you and we want the same thing, revenge,” Sugarcoat said.

Scales smiled, "That's right, so what do you say, do you want to join the second team?"

The 3 girls smiled evilly.


"Sorry guys, I could have given more of myself," Flash Sentry apologized to his team.

Soarin smiled, "Don't apologize, that was the most epic battle I've ever seen."

"Yeah," Spearhead nodded, "I almost dropped my pants off."

"Umm, Spearhead, you should look down," Flash told him.

Spearhead looked down and realized that his pants had fallen down, "Oh."

“I admit it was spectacular, I hadn't seen so many Heal Triggers in a single Cardfight,” Fleetfoot added.

"The point is, you did very well, and we all know you're still the strongest Cardfighter, Spike just was lucky," Soarin told him.

"He was lucky because he was a great Cardfighter," Flash replied, "But I'll make sure to improve no matter who my opponent is."

The entire Wonderbolt Academy club smiled, and at that moment Spitfire woke up, “Ughh, what happened? Did we win?


Spike returned to his team and was showered with praise.

“Spike,” Toola Roola and Coconut Cream yelled as they jumped on him to hug him.

"Ahh," Spike yelled and then fell to the ground with the two girls still on top of him.

"You did it, you defeated Wonderbolt Academy."

"Thanks to you we will have our club."

“Thank you girls, but it wasn't just me, we all fought to make this possible, credit goes to all our Cardfighting Club members,” Spike replied.

"Dawww."

“Thanks Spike,” the girls said as they continued to hug him, causing Spike to blush deeply.

When Ember witnessed that scene, one of her eyes twitched.

“Okay girls, let's let him breathe,” Ember said with a frown as she separated Toola Roola and Coconut Cream from Spike.

Spike recovered, he saw Thorax approaching him, "Well done Spike, that's the way to fight."

"Same to you, Mr. 5 Criticals," Spike replied as he and Thorax bumped fists.

Ember approached him.

“I must admit you exceeded my expectations, even I would have problems in a cardfight with Flash, but you managed to hold your ground and win, good job Spike,” Ember told him.

"The reason I won was because you pushed me, you believed in me, thanks to that I felt I could do everything, really Ember, I appreciate it," Spike replied.

Ember blushed and looked away, "Don't mention it."

And at that moment, Spike hugged Ember, which made her blush even more, "Oh, right, the hug thing."

The beautiful moment lasted around 15 seconds, they cut the hug when they heard the voice of the Principal Cadence.

"Very well done Spike," Cadence told him as she handed him a piece of paper, "Your club has been officially approved."

"Really?" Spike asked with a smile.

"You earned the right by winning Spike, now you run the club like a true leader," Flash Sentry told him as he approached.

Spike couldn't believe it, he saw the paper that authorized the creation of the Cardfighting Club, after processing it for a few seconds, he was happy, "We did it, the club is now official."

The whole club cheered, “WE DID IT.”

"But of course you did," Twilight Sparkle said as she hugged Spike.

"Twilight," Spike said as he hugged her back, "Thank you."

“And I'm sure Shining would be very happy if he saw you right now, knowing that you defeated a powerful team like his,” Twilight added.

"But of course I am," they heard a voice, turned around and couldn't believe who they were seeing.

"Shniy," Twilight and Spike said at the same time, happy to see their big brother.

"Twily, Spike, it's good to see you again," Shining Armor hugged them.

"We can say the same," Twilight Sparkle replied as she hugged him back.

"How much have you observed?" Spike asked as he hugged him back.

"I see enough, and let me tell you, you did very well Spike," Shining Armor congratulated him.

"Shining," Cadence approached, joining the hug.

"Cadence, or should I say, Headmistress Cadence or Principal Cadence," Shining Armor teased.

“Oh please, enough of the formalities, you know we're out of school hours, so you can just call your girlfriend by her first name,” Cadence replied.

“I know, I just like to see your reaction,” Shining teased.

“Oh come here,” at which point Cadence kissed Shining Armor on the lips.

The kiss lasted for several seconds, so Chrysalis intervened and she pointed at Spike, Toola Roola and Coconut Cream, "There are kids here."

“We're not kids,” Spike, Toola Roola, and Coconut Cream said, all three of them pouting to which Shining laughed.

“You certainly grew,” Shining Armor told them, “you did very well in the cardfight.”

"They did more than well, Coach," Flash Sentry told him.

"Flash we already talked about this, just Shining."

"Sorry, it's still weird that I call you that."

"Well, it's something we'll have to get used to," Shining replied, "You did excellent Flash too, you played very well with a card added at the last moment."

Flash Sentry smiled a little embarrassed.

“Flash is an impressive cardfighter,” Twilight Sparkle added, “There's no doubt he could do miracles no matter what deck he's using.”

Shining smiled, "That's why he's the leader of my team."

"Well, a deal's a deal anyway," Flash Sentry said as he took out Flash Heart Dragon X's card and wanted to hand it over to Shining, "Here it is, thanks for letting me use it."

"But what are you talking about?" Shining Armor asked.

"You said you had to be strong to use it, I lost the battle," Flash replied, "I still have a long way to go."

Shining smiled, “Flash, a loss doesn't mean you're not strong, it's our actions that define us and when I saw the two of you fight with your units, you managed to exceed my expectations.”

"Are you serious?" asked Flash Sentry.

“That's right, you two are very strong and that's why Flash Heart Dragon X will be better off with a cardfighter like you,” Shining Armor replied.

"Wow, I guess, I don't know what to say," Flash Sentry said.

"I think you should accept it, Flash," Twilight Sparkle told him, "I can't imagine Flash Heart Dragon X without a cardfighter like you."

Flash smiled, "Ok, I'll get stronger in the future and I won't forget to teach you more about the game, Twi."

Twilight blushed, "I'm available every day after school."

Hearing that, Shining Armor began to suspect something, "Is she, that look, why does she look at Flash with that look, I've only seen that kind of look on Cadence, it can't be."

“Oh Twilight,” Cadence thought, she knew that the blue-haired student from Wonderbolt Academy had had an effect on her.

Shining shook his head and spoke, "Going back to the original topic, I'm here to congratulate you on your victory, and I came to give you something."

Shining Armor pulled out a briefcase and approached Spike, "Spike, it's been years since I gave you Crystal Scale."

Spike nodded, feeling a little nostalgic.

"You told me that time that you couldn't imagine yourself to be such a brave warrior."

"That's right," Spike agreed, a little ashamed of himself.

“But, currently, what you think is different right, I'm sure you can now imagine yourself as the legendary Crystal Scale,” Shining told him.

Spike raised his head, looked at his teammates, he thought about the cardfights they had that day, his reason for fighting, "I…"

And at that moment, Spike showed the most confident smile, "I can already imagine it, we've all grown here, we've helped each other and that's why I can already imagine myself as Crystal Scale."

Spike pulled out the aforementioned card, "And we can go even further."

Shining smiled, "I'm so proud of you little bro, that's why I would like your club to receive this."

Shining handed him the briefcase.

"What is it?" asked Spike.

“You and your club will have to open it to find out,” Shining Armor replied.

The entire Crystal Prep club came over to see what it was.

Spike opened the briefcase and saw many cards, arranged in 5 rows, one had cards from the Narukami clan, another row had cards from the Kagero clan, the middle row contained cards from the Megacolony clan, the next row had cards from the Pale clan Moon while in the last row there were cards from the Neo Nectar clan.

The eyes of the entire club nearly pop out of their skulls, clearly shocked.

"Shiny, these are new cards," Spike said in surprise.

Shining smiled, "That's right Spike, and they're for you and your club."

“Wow, this is amazing,” Toola Roola and Coconut Cream said as they looked at their respective clan cards.

“Thank you very much Shining,” Thorax thanked.

“This is great,” Ember added.

"I don't know what to say, saying I'm very grateful would be weak," Spike said.

"You don't need to say anything Spike, you deserve it," and at that moment, Shining Armor pulled out another briefcase and approached Twilight, "You too Twi, for you and your friends."

"For us?" Twilight asked to which Shining nodded.

Twi opened the briefcase and saw several cards that would serve her and her friends, with their respective clans.

"Wow Shining, how did you know which clans we used?" Twilight asked.

“Cadence told me, she saw your decks,” Shining replied.

"You're very kind Shining," Twilight thanked.

“You deserve it too, and I think you will need it in the future,” Shining said with a determined smile.

"What are you talking about?" asked Spike.

“Cadence,” Shining called her.

At that moment, Cadence walked over and pulled out some kind of flyer, "Thanks to the sponsorship of Bushiroad, the company that created Vanguard, we have been allowed the honor of starting Vanguard's first interscholastic tournament here in Canterlot."

"A tournament?" Spike asked excitedly.

Cadence nodded.

“This is going to be great,” Ember said, “We'll be able to fight other Cardfighters.”

"Yeah, it'll be fun," Thorax agreed.

“And we will face another school as a team?” Twilight asked.

“Yes and no,” Cadence replied, “While we can cheer on our school member, this tournament will be completely individual, there could be battles between students from the same school.”

"So, which is the other school?" asked Spike.

“Canterlot High,” Cadence replied as she unfolded the flyer, on which the following could be seen:

FRIENDSHIP GAMES VANGUARD CIRCUIT.

"And it will be at the Friendship Games."

“I hope you'll be ready when that day comes,” Shining Armor told them.

“We will,” all the students at Crystal Prep nodded.

“I wish you the best of luck,” Flash Sentry told them.

Spike smiled, this was a new chapter in his life, something for which he felt he was a good fit, he began to imagine how exciting this tournament would be, with the next Cardfighters he would face and the best, he would not be alone this time.


Several of the students had stayed in the gym, talking about the upcoming tournament, but Shining had come out and asked Flash and Soarin to walk them to the entrance.

“I'm sorry I brought you all the way here,” Shining Armor apologized.

"Don't worry Shining," Flash Sentry said, "I guess something had to happen."

“And it must be very important,” Soarin added.

Shining nodded with a serious look, "And boy is it, I already have news from your friend Thunderlane."

Flash and Soarin's expressions changed to more serious ones.

"So he already knows something," Flash Sentry said.

"That's right, as you know, we have been suspicious of Team Doomrider, since Spike defeated Garble, they have been inactive in any tournament or important event related to Vanguard, that's why I asked Thunderlane to infiltrate as a member of the second team. so we could have information and my suspicions were true,” Shining Armor replied.

“So, they're planning something big,” Soarin said.

"And what kind of information did Thunderlane give you?" Flash Sentry asked.

“Pretty useful one,” Shining Armor replied, “Apparently, 5 new members were added to the main team today.”

“Grrr, like we need more cardfighters with a dark soul,” Flash Sentry said through gritted teeth.

"And it's not just that, Flash, one of them is..." Shining paused unsure of himself, he thought if it was necessary to tell him, but in the end he decided to be honest, "... your brother."

Flash gasped, he couldn't believe his ears.


Meanwhile, at Team Doomrider's lair.

Scales, the team leader was sitting with her other 4 teammates, Smolder, Starlight Glimmer, Heath Burns and the new member who had replaced Garble, Rumble.

"Thank you for being here today," Scales said coldly, she continued, "As you know, for our plan to be successful, we have to expand."

The other members muttered among themselves.

"And I'm not just referring to the second team which just received 3 new members directly from Crystal Prep, I'm referring to our main team, that's why I made the decision to double the number of members, ¿someone is against that decision?”

No one said anything, they just nodded silently.

“Very well, then, it's time to introduce the new members,” Scales said as she opened the door, 5 people entered, there were 2 women and 3 men.

Scales approached and decided to introduce them, first she addressed a girl who seemed to be the same age as Spike, her skin was pink, she had scarlet eyes, she wore a white dress, black sneakers, she had a backpack with a drawing of a chess tower, but what the most outstanding thing about that girl was her light blue hair which was styled with many curls.

“First we have Cozy Glow, don't let her looks fool you, she's terrifying in all her Cardfights,” Scales said to which Cozy just smirked.

Later, she approached a boy who also seemed to be about Spike's age, he had dark yellow, almost orange skin, blue hair, wore sneakers, jeans with several holes in the legs, and a shirt with a baseball drawn on it.

“He is First Base, a boy who has improved a lot in our tests, so I made sure he was promoted first from the second team,” Scales said as First Base showed no emotion on his face.

She then approached a boy who looked to be about the age of Thorax and Ember, his skin was blue, and had blue-and-yellow hair styled in a way that brought out his yellow parts, wearing a leather jacket, boots, and black pants.

“This is Gallus, a cardfighter who has destroyed his opponents, I found him dueling in the worst bars in the city, he made money from illegal cardfights, which will be a nice addition to the team,” Scales said as Gallus flashed a face bored expression, "Don't expect any love from me, I didn't come here to make friends."

“Hehe, I like you,” Scales replied as she approached a girl about Twilight's age, her skin was yellow and she had extremely poofy orange hair, she was wearing a long purple dress with purple boots, as well as wearing black bracelets on her wrists.

"I present to you Adagio Dazzle, I think you already know her and her sisters, who are still in the second team, she is the most talented of the 3 which earned her a place here," Scales said while Adagio walked away formally introduced, "Nice to meet you."

Then Scales approached the last boy who had a white mask that hid his face in its entirety, the Megacolony clan insignia was drawn on the mask, he wore a huge cape that covered his entire body, the only thing that could be seen were his black boots.

"And what's that guy's problem?" Heath Burns asked mocking him, "Do you think you're some kind of vigilante?"

The mysterious guy didn't answer, he just stood still.

"He has preferred to hide his identity for various reasons, once I found him in a park challenging several cardfighters, he didn't lose once, but I recruited him for an additional reason and that is..." Scales said and then the mysterious boy continued for her, his voice sounded strange it was a robotic voice, "That I like to see the suffering of losers, to see hope leave their faces, it's a beautiful feeling."

This surprised everyone present.

“That's right, I've seen him fight, I've never seen any other Megacolony user with that level of aggression,” Scales added.

“Actually there is another Megacolony user that I can't bear to see, I plan to finish him off,” the mysterious boy said in his robotic voice.

“I think I can understand you,” First Base told him, then he frowned, “I have a score to settle with a Gold Paladin user.”

“Nahh, I only do this for the money,” Gallus added.

"Fascinating, I like your spirit, with members like you, Team Doomrider will be the strongest team, and with our power, we will manage to change the Vanguard game to something bigger and more serious forever, HAHAHAHA." Scales laughed evilly, to which the other members laughed with her.


“Grr, I smell possible trouble down the road,” Soarin said.

"Which we can avoid," Flash Sentry added with a determined look.

"That's right, we won't let them stain this game," Shining Armor said, "But I want to ask you one thing."

Shining and Soarin listened carefully.

"Let's leave Spike and his friends out of this, that includes Twilight and her friends as well," Shining told them making them all confused.

"But Spike proved powerful, I'm sure he could be of great help," Soarin said.

"I know, but as an older brother I want to protect him. I know it will make things a little more complicated, but he was already in danger when he faced Garble, if he finds out about this, he will surely want to join us, he is just a child, I dont want him to be in more danger.

Flash and Soarin understood the feeling, especially Flash, he also shared the feeling of wanting to protect a younger brother.

"Understood, we will fight to stop Team Doomrider from doing something cruel, we will not give up."


The next day.

Spike had finished his classes, and was heading home, although it seemed strange to him that he didn't run into any of his friends from the club.

"Maybe they left earlier today, I guess," Spike thought.

When he got to his house, he opened the door, but was surprised when he heard the voices of many people in the room.

"CONGRATULATIONS."

"AHHH," Spike yelled as he fell to the ground, not expecting to be surprised by a lot of people.

"What the..." was what Spike said as he tried to get up, he saw that his friends from the club were there, along with Twilight and her friends, their parents, Shining Armor, Cadence, and Flash, even nurse Chrysalis was there.

"Sorry about that," Ember helped Spike up.

"It's okay Ember," Spike said, "I just didn't expect to be surprised."

“You're kidding Spike, you deserve it,” his father Night Light said.

"Shining told us everything, you fought bravely, I couldn't be more proud of you Spike," added his mother Twilight Velvet.

"Hehe, thanks mom and dad," Spike thanked, then he looked at Ember and realized something, this was the first time she went to his house, "Oh and I see that you already know Ember."

“Yes, she told us in more detail what happened in the store,” Night Light replied.

“And I must admit, she's prettier than we imagined,” Vevet added making Ember blush a little.

After a few moments, the party had started, Chrysalis had brought a cake for the club's victory, but when they saw what was written on the cake, they all got confused.

"Umm, mom, why is that written on the cake?" Thorax asked to which Chrysalis saw the cake, and she was surprised to read the following.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

“Wrong Cake,” Chrysalis said as she pulled out another one that had the following words written on it.

CONGRATULATIONS.

"Had a cake in case they lost?" I ask Cadence.

“No, I knew they would win,” Chrysalis said, looking in another direction clearly lying.

Minutes later, the party had died down a bit so the Crystal Prep students decided to play Vanguard.

Toola Roola was having a battle against Coconut Cream willing to get stronger.

“We'll see who of the two is stronger,” Toola Roola told her.

“That will be me,” Coconut Cream replied, “After all, I almost beat Flash.”

"Oh really."

Thorax was teaching Moondancer how to play.

“So I'll defend myself, placing this card in the middle, it's called Guard Zone, now my Trigger has a defense of 15000,” Thorax said.

“Okay, now I'm getting it,” Moondancer said, barely taking her gaze from Thorax.

While Flash was teaching Twilight how to play, she was surprised at how quickly she learned.

“RIDE, HARMONY WITCH,” Twilight yelled as she placed that unit on her Vanguard, “do I do it right?”

"You do very well Twi, Shining was right in the fact that you are very smart, and pretty too," Flash replied making Twi blush.

While that was happening, Spike was on the balcony of his room, he was building his deck while watching the sunset.

"Who would have thought, that I would be able to do so much and thanks to a card game, years ago I was lost, but I managed to find the way and in it, friends and people who cared about me," Spike thought with a smile as he finished organizing his deck with the new cards that Shining gave him, "I think it's ready."

"Took you long enough," Spike turned to hear Ember's voice, which was behind him.

"Yeah sorry," Spike apologized, "I had to make some modifications to my deck, and doing them here relaxes me."

"I understand you, this place looks nice," Ember replied, noticing his satisfied face, "I can see you're excited."

"That's right, I mean, we're not only going to an interscholastic tournament, we've also managed to get our own club, I didn't think that was possible, especially for someone like me," Spike told her.

“Sometimes you think you're not capable of doing something,” Ember said, “So when you do it, the euphoria is enormous, not just from the fact of achieving it, but from the fact of doing something good for other people.”

Spike was paying attention to what Ember said.

"It was thanks to you Spike, you were the one who had the idea of ​​the club, thanks to that I did not join some other club that I disliked, I have always wanted to be the best cardfighter, and now you have promoted that goal, just because you were the only one who dared to take that step to face the student council, again Spike, thank you,” Ember told him with a lot of feeling.

Spike smiled as a tear of joy fell from one of his eyes, "Ember, all I did was start a club."

“You did a lot more than that,” Ember replied as she approached Spike, he was a little intimidated by the slight difference in height but he stood his ground.

"Umm Ember," Spike said nervously.

And in that moment.

Spike saw Ember who had given him a kiss on his cheek, he couldn't believe what was happening, he thought it was a dream, but it wasn't, it was real.

Ember finished kissing Spike.

"What was that?" asked Spike intensely blushing.

"I think It's called a kiss," Ember replied.

"Oh...um, I definitely I like it, so...okay," He said, then, she patted him on the head and hugged him as Spike hugged her tighter.


Meanwhile, at the school known as Canterlot High.

“The new edition of the friendship games, a grand tournament from Vanguard,” said a tall woman with blue skin and dark blue hair.

“I think that by your reactions, you are excited,” said another woman, even taller than the previous one with white skin whose hair seemed to have the colors of an aurora.

6 girls standing next to them felt, clearly excited about the upcoming tournament coming up.


But before finishing this story, one thing was still missing.

At the Sparkle family home.

Cadence held a microphone in her hand, "And to end this club victory party, we will have a duel between 2 great cardfighters, one taught the other and now they are destined to meet again."

Spike and Shining Armor approached the table.

“Spike and Shining Armor,” Cadence announced excitedly.

“Hehe, I don't think I taught him anything though,” Shining laughed.

Spike shook his head, "What are you talking about? You are a good brother, you were the one who gave me Crystal Scale, and thanks to that, I am where I am now."

Shining Armor was touched by his little brother's words, “I always thought of winning when playing in those big tournaments, but seeing you and your friends fighting with all your spirit and having fun even when you were in danger, filled me with hope. ”

“And in the end I realized that I learned more from you in a single day,” Shining Armor said.

"Playing is fun, win or lose," Spike told him, "It's one of the first things you said to me years ago, actually you taught me a lot."

"I see," Shining replied with a smile, but then that smile widened to one of excitement, "Then let's get started."

At that moment, Shining put his one card face down in the Vanguard Circle and seeing him, Spike did the same.

"Yeah," Spike said with a smile.

One thing was certain, that no matter what the future held for them, they would have their friends by their side, no matter how big the challenge would be, they would complete it.

And at that moment the 2 flipped their cards while shouting.

STAND UP, THE VANGUARD.

Author's Note:

And with that, we wrap up the second season of my Cardfight Vanguard story.

I thank you my readers, especially those who leave your comments, thanks to that I can continue with the inspiration to write my stories, as you already know there will be another 2 sequels, and I promise you that you will see more characters having their Cardfights.

I also thank Banshee531 for letting me use his YuGiOh story cards and turning them into Vanguard cards and also for inspiring me to write these kinds of stories.

Let me know in the comments what you liked the most about this story, also let me know in the parts where I can improve, I will answer them.

With nothing more to say, I wish you a Merry Christmas or rather Heartswarming.

Comments ( 11 )

That was fun to read.

That was great but it looks like the student council are already on board with seeking revenge against Spike

Imagine if the cards that Shining gave were to go into the generation zone.

This was a fun story, and I'm excited for the new two as well.

The club is official, but it looks like half the council wants revenge. Plus, Team Doomrider seems to have a lot of iconic members. Though hopefully some like Flash's brother can be reasoned with, like Flash's brother. This is going to be an exciting tournament.

Once again, I loved Spike and Ember's interactions. It was also pretty funny when Spike's parents met her and called her "prettier than they imagined". Though that does make me wonder what will be Torch's reaction to Spike's relationship with his daughter.

"Umm Ember," Spike said nervously.

And in that moment.

Spike saw Ember who had given him a kiss on his cheek, he couldn't believe what was happening, he thought it was a dream, but it wasn't, it was real.

Ember finished kissing Spike.

"What was that?" asked Spike intensely blushing.

"I think It's called a kiss," Ember replied.

"Oh...um, I definitely I like it, so...okay," He said, then, she patted him on the head and hugged him as Spike hugged her tighter.

I like how that moment is like a call-back of sorts to their first hug.

Agreed. I can't wait to see what comes of this, heck as this came out I've been working on decks in the Zero game and I have one for almost each clan now, without the need for G's "Stride" mechanic. And even then, I have some for the in game PVP ready to have the cards missing crafted.

But as I've said before, I love this story and how reading it feels like playing most of the time. As this series comes out I'll happily support it and read it.

Stay safe, have fun, take care of yourselves, and most importantly of all...Remember to smile. :pinkiehappy:

11447548
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

11447562
Eeyup, the story will become a bit more serious from now on.

11447631
There will be no G Zone in this story, I'm not a fan of that, however if there will be Grade 4, they will be in the main deck.

11447700
Thanks for reading, from now on, things will get more serious, each character will have their moment to shine.

And I can say that I'm proud to write Spike and Ember's relationship, since I'm not that good at writing romance.

11448090
I will smile, and I promise you will enjoy the sequels.

11448877
Well I personally hope you live up to those expectations, and should you not…all that matters is that you tried, and put out a story YOU wanted.

Stay safe, have fun, and remember to smile.:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment