• Published 21st Jun 2022
  • 999 Views, 114 Comments

Cardfight Vanguard EQG: The Cardfighting Club - MechaTomX



With a new idea established, Spike with the help of his friends will decide to found a school club where they can play Vanguard against other schools, but founding the club will not be so easy due to the pressure imposed by the evil student council.

  • ...
12
 114
 999

Crystal Prep VS Wonderbolt Academy

In the gym at Crystal Prep.

The Cardfighting Club was waiting for the arrival of the club from the school they were going to compete with.

Needless to say, most of the members were nervous, as the fate of their club depended on their skill and luck.

“They're here,” Sugarcoat arrived, “Okay, the rival team has arrived.”

“To clarify, if we beat them, you will approve our club, right?” Ember asked.

“That's right, but if you lose, your club will be dissolved instantly,” Sugarcoat replied with a smile.

Spike and Ember glared at her.

“Then we won't lose,” Ember said.

“That's right, let's go all out Crystal Prep, let's fight like it's our last day alive,” Spike said trying to cheer up the club, but Sugarcoat glared at him.

"Um, sorry, I got emotional," Spike said.

"That is the spirit," Thorax told him, "That is why you are our leader."

Toola Roola and Coconut Cream came over and at the same time said, "We'll do our best."

Ember just gave a thumbs up.

Spike smiled seeing the team ready to give their 100%.

"I see you know how to behave as a team, that's a good sign," they heard a voice, the club and Sugarcoat turned to see Twilight and her friends approaching.

"Twilight," Spike said.

“We're here to cheer you on, if you don't mind,” Twi said as her friends nodded.

“No, go ahead,” Thorax told them.

“It's always good to have moral support,” added Ember.

"Thanks Twi," Spike thanked her.

"You're welcome Spike, now go, show how strong your club is," Twilight said.

At that moment there was a knock on the door.

knock.

knock.

“It is them, Cardfighting Club, they will be your opponents,” Sugarcoat said as she opened the door.

When it opened, the members of the club they would face entered.

Seeing their uniforms they realized something.

“Wait a minute, they're from a military school,” Thorax said in surprise.

“Oh no,” Coconut Cream said when she found out.

“Hehe, this is going to be fun,” Ember said with a smile.

"How can you say that? They look very tough,” Toola Roola asked.

“The tougher they are, the better the fight,” Ember replied, excited because she was going to face what she knew were future soldiers, more so because there were 2 girls with them.


In the stands Twi was with her friends.

"They call a military school," Moondancer said, "This is unfair."

"Yeah, it's obvious the student council wants Spike, Thorax and the others to lose," Twinkleshine added.

"What's their problem?" Minette asked.

"Obviously not a single problem, they have a lot," Lyra replied.

"Should we do something?" Lemon Hearts asked, "I mean, we're witnesses."

Twilight Sparkle thought about it, but then smiled, "No, doing that would be like declaring that my little brother and his friends don't have the ability to take them on."

The girls looked at Twi, she trusted Spike a lot.

“I know they can win, no matter who their opponents are,” Twilight Sparkle said making all of her friends smile in agreement.


Spike was a bit quiet, seeing only 4 members, but then the last one came in.

"Sorry for the delay, I was at the wrong door."

"It can't be," Spike, Ember, and Thorax exclaimed at the same time as they saw who the fifth member was.

"Flash," Spike greeted him.

"Hey Spike, it's been a while," Flash Sentry greeted, bumping his fists.

“Well, it hasn't been that long, but it's good to see you again,” Thorax told him.

“I guess you're the leader,” Ember added.

“That's right, and I'm glad to see you too, Thorax, Ember, I'm the leader of my club, it was a small club, but I managed to make it official,” Flash told them.

"Fascinating," Spike replied.

But at that moment.

PAFFFT.

“Gyahh,” Spike yelled as he was pushed away by Twilight Sparkle.

"Flash, hello, how are you?" Twilight greeted him smiling while blushing.

Flash blushed and replied nervously, "Oh, Twilight, Im fine, I've done well, hehe, what about you?"

"Hey Romeo, you better concentrate, we don't want you to see hearts when you're playing," Soarin yelled at him annoyed.

"I'm sorry," Twi and Flash apologized at the same time.

"Well, one thing you should know is that I saw Shining Armor," Flash told them.

"Shiny?" Twilight asked in surprise.

"Actually Shining Armor is the new coach in our club."

“He is being the coach of your club?” asked Spike who was still on the ground.

"Yeah, I told him about the duel you had, he knew you'd make it," Flash said as he helped Spike to get up.

But at that moment Flash stopped smiling and put on a serious face, "And given their situation with your club, I'm sorry you have to fight us and win to make it official."

The entire Crystal Prep Cardfighting Club had been silent for several seconds, not knowing what to say.

But at that moment Spike spoke up, "No matter what happens, we don't want sympathy."

Flash watched Spike closely.

“We're going to win no matter what, so you better play with all their might,” Ember said.

“Otherwise, you will insult our club if you go easy on us,” Thorax added.

Flash Sentry smiled at how passionate they were, he knew he shouldn't go easy on them, and he knew they were serious, "Very well, I wish you luck."

Flash walked over to where his club was, "You heard guys, let's fight with all our might."

“Flash we're going to play cards, not punch kids,” the orange-haired girl told him.

“I know, it's an expression, I guess,” Flash answered.

At that time, all the student council members entered the gymnasium, they were carrying a board with the names of the members.

"Very well, we'll explain how this works," Sunny Flare said.

“And pay attention, because we don't like to repeat things,” added Sour Sweet.

“This will be a team battle, the format will be 1 VS 1 battles,” said Indigo Zap.

"Each team must choose a Cardfighter, the Cardfighter who wins the battle, will continue fighting until defeated, when one is defeated they will not be able to compete again, when the 5 members of a team are defeated, it will be a victory for the other team," Lemon Zest said.

"Ok, this format benefits us, so everyone can fight without pressure, we must plan a good strategy," Spike thought.

“You have to think about it, we can't send the best players at the beginning, that could give us a starting advantage but in the end it could hurt us,” thought Thorax.

Toola Roola analyzed the situation when seeing the students of the military academy.

Coconut Cream whispered, "Don't worry, they look intimidating, but they haven't seen us play yet."

Ember spoke to the club, "Very well we have to choose one of us to go first and we also have to leave the strongest last."

“I think I know who to leave at the end,” Spike said.

“I agree,” Thorax agreed.

"I think it's the most obvious," Ember said.

“The last one should be the strongest,” said Coconut Cream.

"And the strongest is..." said Toola Roola and the others continued his sentence.

"Ember," Spike and Thorax said at the same time.

"Spike," Ember and Coconut Cream said at the same time.

"What?" Ember and Spike asked at the same time.

"Why you consider me the strongest, you haven't even seen me play," Ember told Spike.

"Well, you work in a card shop, you must have more experience in this because since I started playing, the only opponent I've had is Thorax," Spike said.

“I must remind you that you defeated Garble,” Ember told him.

“Hey, that was only one time, plus I only beat him because I get a Critical at just the right time,” Spike replied.

But then Thorax stepped in and stopped the discussion, "Spike, I think Ember is right."

"Huh?"

"I know you don't feel capable and you're nervous, but you're strong, that's undeniable, and that Critical wasn't luck, it was because you trusted your deck."

"Thorax, I..." Spike was interrupted by Toola Roola.

"Besides, the fact that you had the courage to found the club, no one here would have dared."

"And you started all this, it's only fair that you finish it," added Coconut Cream.

Spike was touched that his team believed in him, "I, I don't know what to say, but, I will, I'll be the last."

Everyone nodded.

“If you don't mind, I'd like to go first,” Toola Roola told them to which they all nodded, “I'll go all out and my victory will give you an advantage.”

“That's the way you talk girl,” Coconut Cream told her.

“Then it is decided,” Ember said, “Go get them Roola.”

Toola Roola nodded.

“Okay, if everyone is ready, it's time to start,” Lemon Zest announced.

At that moment, Indigo Zap and Sour Sweet approached with a table and several chairs, that table was where Vanguard was going to play.

“Seriously, shall we play there?” Spike asked.

"Why, do you have a problem?" Sour Sweet asked angrily.

"Well, for a fight between 2 clubs, I guess that table isn't..." Spike spoke up, but was cut off when Thorax covered his mouth, "Mphhm mphp."

“Don't listen to him, we're fine, hehe,” Thorax laughed nervously.

“Umm, ok, then the battle begins,” Lemon Zest announced.

“Crystal Prep Cardfighting Club VS Wonderbolt Academy Cardfighting Club.”


“Come on Crystal Prep, come on Flash Sentry,” Twilight Sparkle encouraged.

"Umm, Flash is part of the rival team," Moondancer told her.

"Oh, I forgot, hehe," Twilight laughed nervously, hoping they would believe her lie.


"We ask that the first Cardfighters to fight come forward," Sugarcoat ordered.

“Good luck Toola Roola,” Coconut Cream told her.

"Yeah, break a leg," Spike told her.

"Isn't that a bad thing?" Ember asked.

"Ember, it is an expression," Thorax replied.

“Oh,” Ember answered.

“Em hehe, I'll do my best,” Toola Roola said as she approached.

"Look, they're going to send that little girl for the first battle," said the girl with orange hair, "What do you think big man, I think you should be the one with the honors of being the first."

"I sure do," answered the taller boy with blue hair in a military cut who approached the table.

"Don't worry Roola, you're going to beat him easily," Spike told her.

But at that moment, the tall boy took off his jacket revealing his muscles as he gave a war cry, "Hyahhhh."

That made Spike and Toola Roola freak out.

"Umm, I mean, good luck," Spike said nervously as he sped off.

The tall boy took out a long pink and white striped scarf and put it on, "My name is Spearhead, the eldest of the group, it is an honor to open the first battle with you, miss."

“Oh, how flattering,” Toola Roola said, no longer flustered at the fact that her opponent was chivalrous.

But after a few moments, Toola Roola realized something, "Wait a minute, did you say your name was Spearhead?"

Spearhead nodded.

“Oh my gosh its you,” exclaimed Roola excitedly, “I'm a fan of your work.”

"Spearhead, what is that girl talking about?" Flash Sentry asked.

"Well, I'm kind of an underground artist," Spearhead answered as he put his hand to the back of his neck, "And I've left some of my paintings in the museum."

“Your paintings have inspired me to continue my passion of being an artist, my name is Toola Roola and it is an honor to fight against you.”

Spearhead smiled, he don't expect his opponent to be one of his fans, he didn't even know he had fans.

"Wow, who would have thought," Spike said.

“Congratulations Spearhead, someone seems to have recognized that crap you make as art,” Soarin told him.

“You just have a closed aura that isn't capable of sensing the vibes my paintings convey,” Spearhead replied.


“Things got really interesting, the battle hasn't started and it's already a show,” said Twilight Sparkle.

“I found it here, one of Spearhead paints,” Lyra Heartstrings said as she showed them a photo on her phone, “This is his best painting, a thousand nights in a hallway.”

The girls didn't know what to say when they saw how simple that painting looked.

“Wow, I guess nighttime in a hallway can be pretty dark,” Moondancer said nervously, not knowing how to respond.


“Hey could you guys stop talking nonsenses and get started, it's already annoying that I have to stay and oversee this match,” Sour Sweet said.

“I'm sorry,” Toola Roola and Spearhead apologized at the same time and went to the table to take their respective seats.

“Alright, it's time for the first battle to begin,” Lemon Zest announced, “From Crystal Prep, Toola Roola.”

Toola Roola nodded and placed her deck on the table and her Vanguard card face down.

"And from Wonderbolt Academy, Spearhead."

Spearhead nodded and placed his deck on the table and his Vanguard card face down.

The 2 shuffled their decks and drew 5 cards.

“I will return 2 cards,” said Toola Roola as she returned 2 cards to her deck, shuffled and drew another 2, she smiled at what came out.

“I'll return 1 card,” Spearhead said as he returned 1 card to her deck, shuffled and drew another, he showed no expression as he drew it.

“Very well if you are ready then, STAND UP, VANGUARD” said Lemon Zest and the others continued.

At that moment, they turned over the card they left on the table while the two of them shouted:

STAND UP, VANGUARD.

Toola Roola: 0/6 Damage
Spearhead: 0/6 Damage

Toola Roola's card was a kind of clown girl with 2 brushes in her hands, which seemed to be stained with blood, the makeup on her face was completely white except for one of her eyes, which was painted red, "CHAOS PAINT CLOWN.” (PWR4000/G0)


Spike, Ember and Thorax's eyes widened when they found out about the clan Toola Roola was using.

"Pale Moon," Spike said in surprise.

“Pale Moon, the circus of nightmares, I did not expect Roola to choose that clan,” Thorax said.

"Well, she didn't know it was a circus of nightmares, and she bought that deck because she liked the design of the units," said Coconut Cream.


Spearhead's card was an anthropomorphic gray pegasus with red eyes who had black armor, he carried a spear and like Spearhead he also wore a scarf, "DARK PEGASUS KNIGHT." (PWR6000/G0)


“Shadow Paladdin,” Spike exclaimed, surprised to see the clan Spearhead was using.

“The clan that sacrifices their units to win,” Thorax said nervously.

"Is that clan so dangerous?" Coconut Cream asked.

“Oh yeah,” Ember said.

"That clan is almost the opposite of the one Flash uses and I think it's the exact opposite of the one my brother uses, too," Spike said through gritted teeth.


"Pale Moon? Yes, it's a surprise, but don't think you can easily defeat the forces of the Shadow Paladdin clan,” Spearhead said.

Toola Roola just looked at him with a serious face, she trusted her Pale Moons and she knew they wouldn't let her down.

Author's Note:

We already started the battles, I wanted there to be a Toola Roola VS Spearhead battle since they are both artists.