• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Tournament: Universal Chaos

"It would seem that our countless victories, with no losses, has convinced the other universes to band against us," Frieza remarked, as this was an interesting change of pace, because he suspected that they would have tackled the threats of the other universes one at a time, like they had been doing so far, and it was easy for him and the others to see that even the gods were surprised by this turn of events, while the Zenos seemed happy, "Though it would appear that your Namekians have decided to remain loyal to Champa."

"Saonel and Pilina are free to make their own decisions... even if this one is one of the wrong ones." Hit stated, though at the same time he had to wonder what was going through their minds, as while they wanted to protect their universe he knew that siding with the universes that were losing just seemed like the worst thing both of them could do, especially since all of them knew that Twilight would try to restore all of reality.

"Indeed. Well then, let us show the other universes the power of Universe 7 and it's allies." Twilight said, as she flashed down to where the rest of the team was standing, for just a moment anyway, allowing them to know that, if this was how their opponents wanted to do things, then they would show their opponents no fear and face them with their full power.

Sure enough the warriors of her universe readied themselves, prompting Hit and the Saiyans of Universe 6 to do the same thing, before she flashed back to where she had been standing previously, allowing her to focus on Jiren while Toppo's force got ready to do whatever they were planning on doing. She still found this to be interesting, that the other universes would decide to band together against her team, almost like they trusted Toppo more than they trusted her, and it only made her interested in what sort of powers the other universes had to show off. The other thing was that her opponent seemed to be studying her right now, now doubt gauging her strength while determining if what Goku had said was the truth, that she was stronger than the Saiyan was, which was hard to do since she was keeping her true power hidden for the time being. Such a thing caused her to keep an eye on Jiren as she waited for the battle to resume, though as she did that Twilight found that the warriors of Universe 2 had pulled out pink glow sticks, almost like they were raving or doing something, which was followed by Ribrianne starting to glow in a golden light.

Such a thing caused her team to burst into action, Frieza and Cooler following Ribrianne and her companions, Vegeta had his sights on three warriors of Universe 2, Shandy and his fellow trainees targeted Toppo, Piccolo and Gohan focused on the remainder of Universe 3's robotic warriors, Goku and Hit went after the last warriors of Universe 4, and Caulifla's team focused on the Namekians of their universe.

"Well, that's everyone accounted for... which just leaves you and me." Twilight remarked, where she turned her head to the side for a moment as Jiren landed nearby, though it seemed like he was taking his time, studying her before starting what might be the last battle of the entire tournament, causing her to focus most of her attention on the other fights as all of the warriors took their desired places, "Feel free to rest up, Jiren. I'll fight you when you are ready for another round."

Jiren said nothing as they watched as Ribrianne was enveloped in a golden right, where Heles revealed to the various gods of the other universes that her group was actually broadcasting the tournament to the rest of their universe, a universe that was actually sending their love, their energy, to something that was giving it to Ribrianne. Twilight realized that it was like the rules of the Spirit Bomb, one person gathering the energy to form an attack, but instead of forming a sphere like attack, however, she absorbed the love energy, as she called it, and transformed into what had to be the greatest form in her entire arsenal. They watched as she expanded outward, into a large version of her ugly obese form, becoming a giant that stood above everyone and even gained large butterfly wings for some odd reason, something that caused both of her friends to land on her shoulders, no doubt so they could add their energy to her own. While that happened the remaining three members of their team, three males, did something strange as they were inspired by the love that Ribrianne's team was displaying, they were enveloped in the same love energy as one took on Ribrianne's dress, one took Roasie's robe, and the third gained Kakunsa's feral attire.

As the three males faced Vegeta, who remained in his base form since they didn't seem to be worth his time, Ribrianne glanced down at her foes as Frieza and Cooler stood there, not looking very impressed by what they were seeing at the moment, before Twilight felt a change in their energies.

"Let us see how the power of love stands up to the power of our true forms." Frieza stated, as he knew that their foes had their sights on crushing them and breaking the stage in the process, though in that moment both he and Cooler changed up their stances as a golden aura surrounded them.

For a moment the two were enveloped in their energies as a bright golden light covered them, surprising the gods of the other universes, and when the light disappeared the pair stood there in their Golden forms, something that came as quite the surprise to not only those who were watching the fight go down, but also those who were trying to take down the rest of Universe 7.

"Behold the terrifying might of Golden Cooler and Golden Frieza!" Cooler stated, where he and his brother stood there for a few moments, grins on their faces as they stared up at their massive foe and her allies, targets that they, together, would deal with in no time and cripple Universe 2, as Ribrianne seemed to be their strongest warrior and by taking her out Heles would know that her time was up.

"Don't be absurd! There's nothing that love cannot overcome!" Ribrianne loudly said, where she raised her right arm and sent a fist down to where the pair were standing, all while her allies poured their own energies into the attack, giving it a blue and yellow aura, only for the brothers to stand their ground as they punched at the fist, stalling it in seconds, much to the surprise of all of Universe 2, "What? Where could ones such as yourselves, those without love, have this sort of power and strength?"

"Twilight, my daughter I'll have you know, taught me many things over the years... one of them just so happened to be all sorts of love!" Frieza replied, because without his daughter he had no idea where his life would be right now, which he had no desire to even think about this he preferred this reality, especially since the power he commanded was likely far more than what he would have obtained on his own, before he glanced to the side, "Come, brother, let us finish this!"

"Agreed." Cooler stated, where he and Frieza pushed forward for a moment and everyone watched as they shattered the fist that was in front of them, though before Ribrianne had a chance to pull her arm back they jumped onto it and started to run towards the head, which seemed to be where their main target was located, even if the two warriors needed to go before they did anything else.

As the two rushed up the energy arm, however, both Roasie and Kakunsa descended to engage their opponents, showing them that the trio wanted to eliminate them as soon as possible, though Cooler did jump over to Ribrianne's left arm as she tried to reach for them, smashing her energy hand as he targeted someone else. Frieza found that Kakunsa came at him while Roasie descended on Cooler, though both of them had seen the skills and abilities of the girls beforehand and knew exactly how to bring them down in no time, as he spun around and struck his foe with his tail while Cooler slipped a punch through his opponent's defenses. With both stunned the brothers kicked their opponents out into the void, but as they did that Ribrianne opened her mouth and started to charge a pink beam of energy, causing them to leap out into the open so they could be together in front of it, as both summoned their energies without delay. Frieza and Cooler fired red beams of energy that wrapped around each other and merged into a single entity, while at the same time Ribrianne fired hers to stop them, though their beam smashed through her attack with ease, barreled into her giant form, and struck her with enough force to knock her out of her transformation and send her over the edge.

The brothers landed nearby as the three warriors of Universe 2 appeared on the stands, in their base forms as they hung their heads in disappointment, though as that happened the air vibrated as Vegeta transformed into his highest form as well, that being Super Saiyan Blue 4, showing his opponents that he was going to honor them, even though it meant that they were outclassed.

"Well done, Universe 7. Your strength is enough to challenge our love... very well then, let us finish this." one warrior, the one copying Ribrianne, stated, where he and his teammates informed Vegeta that their emotion was going to be coming at him as they combined their own love powers into a single black heart that formed above their heads.

Vegeta stood there as he crossed his arms, as he wanted to see the 'hidden technique of ruin' as Heles called it, or Pretty Black Hole as the warriors titled it when they brought it down on his position, though he discovered why they called it that, as the twisted and black heart held the power to manipulate gravity. As it crashed into him, however, Vegeta discovered that it wasn't terribly impressive, because like everyone else on the team he had experienced Twilight's gravity training in the past and this really didn't hold a candle to it, causing him to sigh as he shifted his stance. In that moment he raised his arms so they were positioned in the Final Flash pose, where lightning arced outwards from his position for a time as he focused on where his foes were positioned, who were no doubt surprised by the fact that he was resisting their attack, all while their gods had to be simply stunned. Once he was sure that he had enough power Vegeta brought his hands in front of him, forming the core of his signature attack, before firing it without delay, where it surged through the gravity that was around him, struck the edge of the heart, and then tore through it before barreling into all three warriors, sending them off the stage.

As he did that, and Heles realized that her time was up once both Zenos got over the battles that were taking place right now, the warriors of Universe 4 found themselves quickly removed from the arena as well, as Hit had hunted them down and, upon finding them all in the same area, used his Time-Skip to send them flying, causing the mouse god to mentally freak out as he realized how screwed he was.

While they were cleaning up those universes both Caulifla and Cabba found that their former teammates, the Namekians who had remained hidden until this moment, wanted to take them down first for betraying their universe and their very important mission of saving everyone, and when they tried to inform the pair of the reality of the situation both Saonel and Pilina ignored them. Kale, still coming to terms with everything, did her best to make sure she wasn't in their way, all while trying to figure out a way where she could be helpful, though her fellow Saiyans pushed themselves to use their own highest forms, Super Saiyan 2, as Cabba had unlocked it during a fight before Goku fought Jiren. Sure, they weren't on the level of Goku or Vegeta, especially since they only had two transformations, but that didn't stop the pair from standing up to their former allies, punching and kicking at each other as they kept the two Namekians away from Kale, since they also feared her great and terrible power. As they separated during one such collision, however, Caulifla gathered her power into a sphere of energy and fired it right at one of their foes, the one jumping towards her and Cabba's position, only to find that Cabba did the same, joining his with hers to keep their foe at bay while the other Namekian fired a beam from his mouth as a counter.

As their two beams fought each other, however, both she and Cabba smiled at Kale before focusing their energy on what needed to be done, though it seemed to convince her that she needed to stop being so weak and the rage at her being so weak, in her mind anyway, was more than enough to force the transformation. This time around Twilight found that she wasn't totally a berserker, rather she had used her rage and anger to undergo a Super Saiyan transformation, allowing her to join her own beam to the beam struggle, much to the surprise of everyone that was observing them. She quickly found that neither Namekian was backing down and even boosted their Ki to the highest point, where she determined that the pair must have combined with a number of their own kind, much like how Piccolo and Kami had done, meaning their full power was pretty good. Kale, upon sensing that, listened to both of her friends as she tapped into her true power, under her own terms, and bulked up into her berserker form, with the green hair, allowing her to put out even more energy so all three of them could eliminate the pair of Namekians, sending them over the edge as well.

The gods of the various universes were rightly worried at this point, as none of the warriors in the stands had survived their collisions with the warriors of Universe 7, something that clearly worried the gods who still had warriors to fall back on, especially since Universe 3 only had a few left while Belmod had Toppo and Jiren to rely on.

As all of that was happening an orange pillar of flaming energy burst into the air nearby as Piccolo finally unlocked the full power he had been given by Shenron when he made his wish to have his potential unleashed, as he had been fighting the warriors of Universe 3, knocking off a guy in a speed suit before facing the rest that had drive him into a corner. It looked like three of the remaining four warriors of the robotic universe had combined into a warrior known as 'Koiceareta', which was just the three docking together to form a complete form, but while it's power was great, far more than they were just a few moments ago, Piccolo had used the though of being eliminated to break his shell. This was a true transformation for him, where his body became taller and bulkier than before, while his body took on an orange coloration as his arms took on a dark orange color, and his more pronounced facial features made him look more like a brutish warrior. His power, on the other hand, was far more than the combined warrior could handle as he tanked punches and kicks without showing any signs of being taken down, and when it was his turn to fight back a single punch from him knocked his foe to the floor, much to the surprise of everyone from Universe 3.

When he moved to throw his foe off the stage, and reduce the number of warriors from his universe to just one, the last warrior, a scientist, jumped over to the combined warrior and merged with it, resulting in a white light piercing the air for a moment as a giant purple skinned warrior, with a black chest piece and white bits on his hands, legs, and neck.

This being, so named Agnilasa by those from Universe 3, was the ultimate warrior for their team, a merged fighter who, in their eyes, should have had the power to win the tournament, but now he had to use his power to take down Piccolo and Gohan, the latter standing off to the side while his mentor fought. Of course Piccolo wasn't one to hog all the attention as he switched out with his student, though Twilight could see his lips moving and knew that the Namekian was reminding him to think about what he was fighting for, a common motto for Twilight when she pushed people to unlock new forms to defend their loved ones with. What happened next was that Gohan let loose a roar that shook the area around him for a time, where his aura changed into a purple portion near his body and a light blue outer edge, joined by red lightning, an interesting change in her mind, and his hair was the most prominent change, as while it took on a form similar to Super Saiyan 2 it was much longer and it was light gray colored. Twilight assumed that he must have imagined the possibility of them losing this event, something that could happen since there was no telling if Jiren had any power still trapped inside his being, and the thought of losing everyone he cared about, including his daughter, must have awakened some power that was waiting for a chance to shine.

Agnilasa had no chance at victory after that point, as the moment he tried to punch Gohan they found that the warrior just stood there and tanked the attack, reminding those who had seen the Cell Games of how he fought Cell, before he simply jumped into the air and kicked his foe. It wasn't just the kick, rather he forced his foe backwards by pushing forward, while rocks around them shattered under the weight of his new power, though once he was done he jumped back and landed near Piccolo, who seemed pleased by what was going on. Agnilasa paused for a moment before a pair of white wings burst out of his back and allowed him to take to the air, though instead of getting close to Gohan and Piccolo, as if frightened of the pair, he raised his hand towards the sky and summoned a massive sphere of red energy, one that shook the fighting stage for a moment as he shrunk it down to a more manageable size. Gohan, on the other hand, moved back to a spot that gave him a good view of his foe and raised his right hand to his forehead, taking the stance that would allow him to charge the Special Beam Cannon, though this one was more blue than before, like he was combining Piccolo's attack with the full power of the Kamehameha.

She wasn't sure if that was what was going on or not, but when Gohan fired it at Agnilasa, who hurled his sphere at him, the beam was definitely blue, though that hardly mattered as it struck the incoming attack, tore through it like it was nothing, and pierced Agnilasa's forehead, destroying the gem that was up there, though when he fell over the edge the four warriors who had merged to make him returned to the bench in their original states.

"Fascinating. So I'm going to guess 'Orange Piccolo' and 'Beast Gohan'... Universe 3 never stood a chance." Twilight said, as she was paying close attention to all of the fights that were going on right now, while Jiren seemed to be patiently waiting for the time to make his next move, before she turned her head towards the last group that was on the stage, something that all of the gods did as well.

Toppo was clearly having a hard time fighting Caser, Saria, and Shandy, even though the three warriors were changing up who happened to be fighting him at any moment, as one moment it would be Caser striking him and the next it would be Saria dodging punches before delivering her own. He was strong, there was no denying that fact, but when paired up with the three warriors there was no way for him to realistically win this fight, and he seemed to understand that fact while they slipped attacks through his defenses, as Saria loosed a transparent blast that expanded outward into what appeared to be a large spherical rabbit head, complete with ears. The interesting thing came after that attack, which tore the upper portion of his uniform to shreds, revealing his bare chest for everyone to see, though it seemed like something in him had snapped as he started to gather more of his power, revealing that he had access to godly Ki and, more importantly, that it felt more like a Destroyer's energy. That allowed Twilight to realize why Toppo had been present during the Zen Exhibition Match, he was being groomed to replace Belmod as Universe 11's God of Destruction, so it had been a way for him to give the warrior a bit of experience into what he did, and it wasn't long before he was enveloped in a bright light.

When the light settled down they found that Toppo's body had bulked up a little, while gaining an aura of destruction energy around him, and it appeared that he gained some sort of marking, the same as what was on Belmod's attire, on his chest, all while surprising many of the gods in the process.

"Toppo has made up his mind... he has forsaken justice, in favor of destruction." Jiren commented, not that Twilight needed to hear such a thing, since she was familiar with how a God of Destruction trained their replacements or even those who interested them, but instead of speaking she kept her attention on the last fight that was happening before she turned on her foe and started to fight for the fate of the multiverse.

"Ah yeah, that's what I'm talking about!" Saria stated, showing everyone that they had been hoping for a good foe and that Toppo's transformation was exactly what they were waiting for, though at the same time the figure raised his hand towards them, meaning he was getting ready to attack them.

In that moment Toppo called forth a sphere of destruction energy and fired it at the trio, who were standing together right now, where it grew to three times it's normal size in a matter of seconds, though all of the observers were caught off guard by what was going on, since they were expecting the trio to move. Shandy, Saria, and Caser simply stood there and raised their hands towards the attack, allowing their own energies to come into contact with the dark purple sphere, stalling it for a time as their foe tried to make it collide with them, before they revealed their own trump card to everyone. The same energy washed over the trio as they took on their own transformed states, where Heles and everyone sat there in silence as they took in the fact that Beerus not only had someone like Toppo in his universe, a God of Destruction trainee, but he had three of them, as if this was an uncommon thing to see. The collision of the four destruction energies caused the sphere to grow and expand before their eyes, until it eventually detonated with enough energy that surged outward, causing everyone to look away as Twilight set up a barrier around the rest of her team, all while the sky itself turned purple and moved like they were in a nebula.

The attack also had an interesting side effect, it caused a crack to form in the ground of the stage and split the entire thing down the middle, breaking it into a left half and a right half, displaying the sheer power that the four trainees possessed, all while Shandy and his friends were just fine.

"Let's go Universe 7!" Liquiir called out, showing that he was rooting for the team that was totally dominating everyone right now, and letting Belmod know that he expected Toppo and Jiren to be knocked out in the very near future, before finding that all of the observing gods were looking at him, "What? I can't root for my girlfriend's universe?"

"So that's why you've been visiting so much." Beerus remarked, as he had no idea how to process that information, since he and everyone else realized that he was talking about Twilight, hence why he focused on the trainees, because it was time for them to show Belmod and Toppo their power.

Toppo launched several more blasts of destruction energy at the trio, where they coated their legs in the same energy for a moment and kicked them back at their opponent, blasting bits of the area he was standing in to pieces, as some of them could have hit their allies, if they were unlucky, so this way the battle stayed in the area they were in. In that instant both he and Belmod realized that Shandy, Caser, and Saria already knew the only way to beat up Toppo, which was negatting his destructive aura with either the same power or something that was strong enough to overcome it, which depended on how strong his opponent was. Belmod growled for a moment as he understood that they, and by that he meant himself and all of the other universes, had drastically underestimated the power of Beerus' universe, as he found that not even his own apprentice could stand before the might of Beerus', as the red lion smashed through Toppo's attacks with ease, the younger lookalike crushed the barriers, and the rabbit blasted the area around him. They were far too skilled for someone like Toppo to take down, not when his training had been focused on fighting single opponents, he hadn't gotten to taking on multiple targets and, as a consequence, his apprentice was suffering, causing him to sigh as the Pride Troopers did their best to cheer on their leader.

In the end it hardly mattered as the trio flashed in front of Toppo, gathered their energy into a single point, and loosed a powerful blast that tore the surrounding area apart, only for Belmod to find that his apprentice was the only one to fly out into the void as the trio stood there with smiles on their faces.

"All that remains is you, Jiren." Twilight commented, all while everyone on her team moved over to an area that should be out of the way, since they suspected that the upcoming fight would move all over the place, causing her to turn towards her foe, who had crossed his arms during all of the other conflicts, no doubt to focus on her, "Come, let us bring an end to the Tournament of Power."

She suspected that this was going to be an interesting fight, especially after everything that had happened so far, and she was eager to see what else Jiren had in the tank before bringing an end to the tournament so she could get her hands on the Super Dragon Balls, but for the time being she focused on her foe as everyone waited for the final battle to start.

PreviousChapters Next