• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Twilight's Final Exam

It took a few days to get everything done, but Twilight was pleased with the results of her plan, as the members of the lesser members of the Red Ribbon Army, the soldiers who only did it for the paycheck, were facing a short span in jail before her people made sure they could integrate into society without seeking evil again. In addition to that Magenta and the rest of the upper echelon of his group were sentenced to a longer period in jail, to give them time to think about what they had tried to do and maybe, just maybe, reform them thanks to those who tented to criminals, to try and turn them from the path they had been walking. She knew that Magenta wouldn't change for the better, he seemed far too convinced that his father was right and that world domination was the best way to go about things, so she suspected that he would spend the rest of his days in jail and left him to those who worked at the prison he had been shipped to. Other than that it took a total of three days to make sure everything in the Red Ribbon Army base was dismantled, packed up, and cleared up so that the natural landscape could flourish once more, to the point that it looked like nothing nefarious had happened here.

Hedo and the Gammas, on the other hand, were acknowledged as heroes for helping track down the Red Ribbon Army and helping bring them in at long last, plus the Gammas removed the insignia of the army to avoid being seen as some of their allies, and all three joined Twilight's army to help spread their justice to the rest of the multiverse.

During that time she found that Trunks and Goten continued to take things seriously, as while they did keep up with their super hero personas, keeping the city safe from whatever dangers might show up to disrupt the peace, they also did well in keeping their grades up, even if they had no plans to leave the planet like Eschalot did. It was simply amazing that they had taken the information about most of Earth's greatest warriors leaving in the future and took it to heart, pushing them to do everything in their power to take up the mantle of the heroes who would be heading into the other universes. She wasn't the only one surprised by this discovery, as everyone else in their normal friend group was surprised by what they had seen, but agreed with her, that the pair always had this potential for greatness and that they had finally reached it, thanks to all the hard work they put into their training. It made many of them wonder what the pair might be able to do in the future, since they had reached Super Saiyan Blue, so no one knew how far they were going to go with the rest of their forms, especially with the possibility of them asking her for their tails to get Super Saiyan 4 as well.

Once everything was said and done Twilight invited everyone to an observation platform that rested above the area that the base once rested in, though Bulma and the others were interested in what she had to say, since she had said nothing about the visit before they came here.

"I'm sure that all of you are eager to hear why I decided to invite all of you here, so I'll be brief: Trunks and Goten, there is someone who wishes to challenge you to a fight." Twilight said, where Bulma realized why the platform looked more like the stands that Vegeta had told her the warriors from the other universes had sat on when they were eliminated from the Tournament of Power, before she beckoned to the area that was above the dismantled base, "Gulus Gamma has seen you two in action multiple times and has voiced his desire to face you in battle. Do you accept his challenge?"

"Sure, I don't see why not." Trunks replied, where Goten nodded his agreement as they glanced over the edge and found that the figure in question was floating down where Twilight had beckoned, though it was hard to tell if he was meditating or if he was simply sleeping as he waited for them to make up their minds on the matter, or maybe he was just bored and was standing there to pass the time, before he considered something, "This is another trial, isn't it?"

"We can call it one, if that helps you out... the 'Exam of the Powerful Foe'." Twilight stated, because Gulus happened to be the strongest Digimon she had created, out of every single one she had created in the Digital World, and calling him by such a title was accurate, where she could see that Trunks and Goten's Saiyan instincts brought a smile to their faces, as they had finally understood why their fathers loved battle, "Conditions will either be you beat him and he surrenders, or he beats you and you surrender... there will be no killing allowed."

Trunks and Goten nodded for a moment before they dropped down into the lower area that Gulus was waiting in, where they found that he must have been meditating while standing there, because as soon as they came to a stop near him he opened his eyes and smiled as he noticed that they had actually accepted his challenge.

"I am grateful that you two accepted my challenge, as I've wanted to fight you two for awhile now and after seeing how you took down Cell Max it ignited my desire to clash with you." Gulus said, though at the same time he shifted his stance for a moment, to show them that he was going to come at them in the next few seconds, where he grinned as he quickly found that both of his opponents did the same thing, showing him that they were going to take him seriously, "Well then, here I come."

Trunks and Goten found that the statement was correct, Gulus rushed through the air and punched Trunks in the chest, the force of which sent him flying through the air as he realized something important, that being the fact that Twilight had been telling the truth, this Digimon was very strong. That brief moment of contact told him that their base form and their Super Saiyan form would be useless in this battle, and he doubted that even Super Saiyan 2 would help them out, which meant they either had to focus on Super Saiyan 3 or Blue, the latter maybe too much for the start of a fight. Goten threw a punch at Gulus, only to find that he dodged the attack and his tail wrapped around his friend's hands, allowing the figure to spin around before sending Goten flying towards him, where Trunks caught up before he ended up flying outside of the area Twilight had brought them to. The two shared a look for a moment, each realizing that the other had determined the same thing in the span of a few seconds, Gulus was strong and their current forms would do nothing to him, meaning it would be in their best interest to transform before he got annoyed with them.

As they thought about it, however, Gulus rushed up to where they were positioned and kicked both of them down into the ground, blasting a crater into the rock that was below them, though in the next instant Trunks and Goten emerged from the smoke, this time having the long intense hair and power of the Super Saiyan 3 form at the ready.

This time around the pair crossed the distance between them and Gulus, throwing a pair of powerful punches at him in the process, only to find that he jumped onto their outstretched arms before flipping over their heads and landing behind them, causing both warriors to turn and press the assault. In the following moments Trunks discovered something else, all of the movements that Gulus was using reminded him of the time he saw Twilight fight, as it was hard to forget how the strongest warrior in the universe fought, meaning it was like looking at a mirror image, copied movements that felt like it was also Gulus' personal style. He moved with a level of grace that made it seem like he had been training for years, just like Twilight as Trunks studied their foe's movements, as when Goten launched a series of punches at him Gulus just took a few seconds to duck and weave out of the way, before bringing his knee into Goten's chest as he knocked him away yet again. In the next moment Gulus went on the offensive as he summoned his dark flames and sent them flying at the pair as fireballs, causing Goten and Trunks to dodge them as best as they could since his aim was incredible, before both of them realized that this was merely a diversion as they followed their foe's movements.

Gulus, surrounded by his dark aura, raised his hands for a moment and moved his left hand like his claws were carving a line of dark flame before their very eyes, a horizontal line to be exact, before doing almost the same with his right hand, only it formed a vertical line and completed his deadly looking attack. The cross shaped attack, which could pass for an x if one looked at it a certain way, burst into existence as it came at the pair, where Goten and Trunks fell back for a moment and fired their own beam attacks at the ever growing target that was approaching them. What they discovered was that theirs did seem to stall the approaching attack for a time, though true to form Gulus' was simply stronger than what either of them were expecting when they agreed to this challenge in the first place, meaning they had to get serious before they lost their window to beat him. With that in mind the pair powered down to their base forms for just a couple of seconds before going Blue, causing the space around them to shuddered as they accessed their full power once more, where they utilized their full power and empowered their beam attack, causing it to push against Gulus' before pushing it backward, even if Gulus only smiled as he saw this.

As the attack reached him, however, Gulus jumped backwards and held a hand out towards the energy, blowing all of it up before it could even get close to touching him, though as that happened a light emerged from where the pair had been and he felt a surge of energy that felt like the pair had merged into their Gotenks form.

Gulus was fine with this discovery, because while he wanted to fight with Trunks and Goten the true test of his skill was in the fusion form that they could make on occasion, where he summoned his dark aura for a moment as he found that the merged warrior finally emerged from the smoke, in the Blue form no less. In the next instant he rushed through the air and lashed out at Gotenks, where he found that his foe dodged the attack easily and punched him square in the side of his face, knocking him down into the ground on the other side of the arena they were fighting in. Gulus chuckled for a few seconds as he rubbed the side of his face, as this was great for him, before he rushed back into the air and stalled as he found that his opponent had already determined that he'd do this, as there were a number of golden rings around him, the Galactic Donuts if his memory served him right. He barely had any time to react to what was going on as he found that the rings shrunk and pinned his arms to the side of his body, a full body trap to immobilize his opponents, before finding that Gotenks didn't have to do anything, as he had prepared a number of his explosive ghosts before he even came out of the smoke earlier, showing that he was far smarter than the kids Twilight had dealt with in the past.

The resulting explosion light up the sky around them as Gotenks' ghosts struck Gulus repeatedly, blasting him into what might as well be submission as he crashed into part of the ground, surprising most of the combatants as they found that the Digimon had been beaten so easily.

"Give up Gulus, you can't beat me now." Gotenks stated, though this wasn't arrogance speaking, he knew his full power in this state was far more than what Gulus Gamma had at the moment, especially since he downed Gulus in an instant, so he felt that telling his foe to surrender was the best thing right now, least he do some serious damage to him.

In the next moment Gulus burst into the air and rushed up towards Gotenks, though that seemed to be false as he quickly came to a stop in front of where Twilight was standing, where he and the others watched as Gulus knelt towards her and bowed his head, like there was something only she could do for him.

"Lady Twilight, I request the usage of my full power." Gulus said, showing everyone that Twilight definitely had some link to the Digimon that had suddenly appeared in the world, confirming what some had thought since the moment the first one had shown up, especially since there had been no evidence of such a thing until now.

"Granted." Twilight stated, where she walked around to Gulus' backside for a moment and pressed her hand on his back for a few seconds, allowing everyone to see that golden lines appeared all over his body as she undid a seal she had put on him after testing out his full power, though once the seal was temporarily undone, as it would come back when this battle was over, Gulus got up and rushed down into the arena, "Also, for those wondering, the answer to your question is 'yes': I am the one who created the Digimon... also, Gulus is a special creation of mine, as he's the only Digimon that has the power to transform... or, as he likes to call it, 'Digivolve'."

As everyone raised their eyebrows to question what she meant by that, however, they were interrupted as pillars of odd helices appeared all over the area, where Twilight knew it was linked to Gulus' transformation, and it wasn't long before all of them came rushing back to where the digital warrior was spinning. A moment later, with all the pillars collected, Gulus disappeared in a red flash, though it was followed by a large orb of darkness bursting open where he had been located a few seconds ago, causing everyone to watch as a large bipedal dragon emerged from it. This dark beast stood on his back legs, now just his legs, while his front ones were positioned more like a Human's, his tail thickened and the head turned into a battleaxe shape this time around, and he gained a pair of large black dragon wings. The blue scarf remained and even was even wrapped around his neck, though it could also change shape and look like another pair of wings, his head was shaped more like a dragon's with a dark look in it's eyes, and his hands changed shape, the right becoming more like claws and the left being a thick shield of sorts.

The sheer rush of energy that came from him caused everything around the area to shake, and Twilight set up a barrier around the platform to make sure everyone wasn't blown away by the sheer force of his energy, though she let out a light chuckle as she stared at the scene that was unfolding.

"A word of warning, when I first created Gulus Gamma, and he transformed into this form, 'Regulus' we called it, his sheer power nearly destroyed the entirety of the Digital World, hence why I sealed it." Twilight continued, as this was why Gulus was her ultimate creation, his power and abilities were far beyond that of the other Digimon, especially those that came after him and weren't given the ability to transform, making him unique since only he could do this, "As for why I gave him so much power... well, he was designed to face and best both Goku and Vegeta in combat, and that includes whatever power their new training might have earned them."

As Gotenks took in that information, because Twilight had raised her voice enough so he could hear it as well, his foe rushed down towards him and disappeared as if he was made of shadow, only for him to realize that his opponent was definitely faster than he thought he'd be, as Regulus appeared to his right, like he was flying by, and placed his hand against the side of his head. In the next moment Gotenks found himself flying through the air as his foe hurled him with enough force to break everything around him, eventually ending in a crater tearing apart the ground that was around him when he finally hit the ground, one larger than before. As he regained himself, however, Regulus raised his shield and fired off a barrage of what appeared to be powerful laser blasts, causing the fusion warrior to dodge them to the best of his ability, finding that each one tore through the ground that was around where they landed, meaning he'd be scorched if one struck him, which told him that he shouldn't underestimate his foe. While he did that Regulus gathered more of his dark power in his mouth, allowing him to fire off a large ball of dark flames that seemed far too much for Gotenks to handle, though that didn't stop him from firing a beam of energy into the air and let it strike his foe's attack.

In the end, however, he understood why Twilight gave them a word of warning, as Regulus' power was clearly on the level of Super Saiyan Blue 4, a power he couldn't even begin to measure himself against, so it wasn't long before the attack slammed into the ground in front of him and blasted him into oblivion, only to be surprised as he separated back into Trunks and Goten after hitting the wall, and Regulus reverted back to Gulus as Twilight reapplied the seal.

"I believe we'll call it a tie for now, with no winners or losers." Twilight remarked, though at the same time she had to smile as she glanced at Trunks and Goten, as that brief encounter with Gulus' true power had inspired them to continue with their training, she could see it in their eyes as they picked themselves up, and it showed that they had grown a lot, as one of them would have complained about this in the past.

Such a thing made her that much more eager to see what the future had in store for them and the Earth, especially since the world now had a pair of capable warriors to defend it from whatever dangers might be lurking in the shadows, which caused her to keep the smile on her face as they returned to the others to eat and get some rest before they faced whatever the future had to throw at them next.

PreviousChapters Next