• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: A Day in Another Universe

Twilight found that nothing important happened after she and the Saiyans dealt with Granolah and the Heeters, as in no new villains came out of the darkness to try and conquer the universe, no one tried to destroy anything, and no one dared to bring up an old grudge with the Saiyans. It was a nice change of pace for her, that they didn't have to worry about anything, and she could confirm that her empire had found nothing as well, as if the entire universe had been mapped out and all the planets were under her thumb, benefiting from her efforts to make everything better for everyone. The ship that Elec and his siblings had used, to get them to Planet Cereal, had been left near her actual residence, because Twilight was outfitting it with all sorts of upgrades to make it a true luxury vessel for traveling the universe, on her time off when she just wanted a bit of time to herself. Such a thing required more work than she was honestly expecting, the tech inside it was out of date by at least three versions, confirming that the Heeters were totally incompetent, but she was willing to spend the time working on it to make it a fine addition to her empire, and she made sure it was marked so everyone knew who it belonged to.

The last thing she wanted was for someone to repeat the errors of the Heeters, though fortunately the people of her vast universe were far smarter than Elec and his dead siblings, so really she didn't have to worry about such a thing happening in the near future, allowing her to focus on her own work.

Twilight figured out how to integrate the DNA of the Cerealians and Heterians into the line of projects she made, just like the Saiyans and other races before them, and some people, as she expected, were eager to check them out and see what she had to offer this time around. The combat type of treats that had been added to her existing line of products aided in the rebirth of the various doomed races, though she could also mix in some of the benefits of both races into the main line as well, as in she could create a Beastian sniper if she wanted. Such a thing meant she could also mix the spike and horns that the Heterians gained in their transformed state into the main set of items as well, adding more options for one to customize their new forms and giving those who walked that path more power, if they desired such a thing. Other than that she found that the Earth, despite everything that had happened in the past, was at peace and nothing seemed to be threatening what she had pushed herself to create for the people of this planet, something that put a smile on her face as she turned her gaze towards the future.

Of course she wasn't too surprised when Mohito, the Angel of Universe 9, showed up at her office so he could bring her into his universe, as she had agreed to spend a day with Sidra, see his habits as a God of Destruction, and comment on what she would personally do in his position to improve the Mortal Level of his dying universe.

"You seem troubled. Has Universe 9 been suffering lately?" Twilight asked, speaking as they flew through space utilizing the method of the Angels, which was far faster than anything else in the multiverse, or at least until she figured out how to copy their speed and make a device that allowed such rapid flight, while her comment was on the fact that the Angel did seem like something was bothering him.

"I... do not wish to speak negatively about Lord Sidra's abilities, but... yes, things have gotten worse." Mohito stated, as his universe was the lowest of the low, even after the reintroduction of the other universes, and at the rate their Mortal Level was decreasing, as even the Grand Priest was taking notice of his domain and sent warnings to him to turn things around, he was worried that Universe 9 would cease to exist in the near future, "I hate to admit it, Twilight, but we desperately need your assistance."

Twilight frowned as they surged out of Universe 7, passing the planet that the Old God Vel called home before reaching the barrier between universes, and rushed into the outskirts of Universe 9, allowing her to glance out at the planets as the Angel continued towards where Sidra had been left. Sidra's domain was nearly lifeless, because based on what she could tell there were very few planets with life on them, with even the number of usable planets being far less than even she was expecting when she agreed to help the dwarf fix his universe. Now she understood why Universe 9 was at the bottom of the leader board, that out of eighteen universes they were the worst of the worst, which really made her wonder what sort of mess she was walking into and what needed to be done to fix this universe. This also let her see why Mohito was so unhappy with his universe, it was literally falling apart at the seams and was on the brink of destruction, to the point that she had to wonder if she could even save Sidra from what was coming his way, but she was going to do everything in her vast power to help him out.

Mohito brought them to a planet that looked like a literal trash heap from space, the coloration just made it look sick and unhealthy, and when he pierced the atmosphere Twilight found that things were worse than she thought, because most of the air had been poisoned, she could smell the toxins in the air, and found that the rivers were basically acid, a foul light green substance that only contributed to the ongoing problem.

"What the hell happened here?!" Twilight inquired, as the planet, now that she was looking at it, was literally dying before her very eyes, even the remaining trees and vegetation were sickly looking and some were crumbling away, meaning that most of the fresh air producing aspects of this planet had to be on their last legs, and whoever happened to call this place home would be forced to flee to another planet.

"One of the inhabitants of this planet managed to get enough resources and wealth to start building factories, selling the products to all of the surrounding worlds while filling his own with toxins." Mohito replied, where he carefully navigated over to where his God of Destruction had been left, all while noticing as Twilight extended some of her magic and caught a bit of the toxin that was in the air, something he wasn't even going to question at this point as he noticed that his student wasn't where he had left him, "Supposedly his plan was to find another planet to move to, spruce it up, and then sell of a number of lots while secretly building more factories so he could pollute that world as well... moving from planet to planet until he was the wealthiest individual in the whole universe."

"And Sidra hasn't destroyed him yet?" Twilight commented, though she didn't need to be told the answer, because based on how annoyed the Angel was she could easily assume that the individual was still alive, which was wrong in her eyes and she would be telling Sidra that when they finally found him, but she did look at the toxin producing factory, which was in the center of a settlement, with disgust in her eyes.

Mohito opened his mouth to say something, though before he could do so the ground shook before their eyes and they found a large mechanical suit reaching for the sky, reaching for Sidra to be exact, showing Twilight that the god was in the middle of dealing with his current target. As that happened she found that Bergamo and his brothers were present, doing their best to usher the citizens of the settlement to safety, either because the villain was wrecking the city or because their God of Destruction had a habit of eliminating far more than what was absolutely necessary. They weren't the only ones from Universe 9's team present, as Twilight could see the rabbit girl, Sorrel she recalled, carrying some younger rabbit figures, as in her siblings based on how worried she was, while she fled from the city, and even Hop, the feline warrior who had those long claws, was helping her out with some of the other citizens. Behind the pair ran an older rabbit couple, Sorrel's parents based on what Twilight could see, though while that happened the ground shuddered due to Sidra knocking the villain onto his back and his suit causing an earthquake, knocking the parents to the ground and the pair of warriors got further away before realizing that they had been left behind.

In the following moment Twilight felt a surge of energy and noticed that Sidra was getting ready to erase the villain, but he had far too much power needed for such a thing, making her realize what his plan was as she called forth her magic without delay, latching onto everyone and anyone who wasn't in the safe zone and teleported them over to her and Mohito, just in time to witness Sidra erase the city in it's entirety.

"Nonononono! Mama! Papa!" Sorrel cried, confirming that the older pair of rabbits were, in fact, her parents and that she was worried about their safety, though in the next moment Twilight made sure the survivors she was able to save with her magic were deposited near her and Hop, allowing her and her siblings to cry tears of relief as they embraced their parents, while others just stared at the crater that was in front of them.

"Our homes... our friends... they're all gone..." Hop said, where she sat down on a nearby rock and hung her head in defeat, as while she was happy to have saved what they could, and who they could, it was clear that losing everything and the vast majority of everyone they knew had hit her harder than anything she had experienced in the past.

"This is the fifth time this week... he never listens." Mohito commented, though Twilight could tell that he wasn't pleased by what they had witnessed, in fact she was starting to think that he hated being the Angel of this universe, and was shocked to discover that this was happening far more frequently than she had originally assumed, that Sidra was just wiping out whole cities without a care in the world.

Twilight stood there for a moment, allowing the warriors from Universe 9's team to understand that she was there, before rushing through the air as she zeroed in on where Sidra was floating, though instead of raising her fist to punch him she just kept her hands by her sides as she appeared near the Destroyer.

"Ah, Lady Twilight, it is an honor to have you in my universe." Sidra said, because if she was able to turn Universe 7 around, and make it one of the best in the multiverse, he knew that he needed her help to make things better for his domain, as he was running out of time to make things right and that meant swallowing his pride for the time being, only to find that she slapped him for a moment.

"Sidra... what the hell are you doing?!" Twilight stated, where the Destroyer rubbed the side of his face for a moment, as he wasn't expecting her to get angry with him before he even started to explain the situation and show her more of his dying universe, but, since she was far stronger than he was, Sidra decided to remain quiet while she talked, "You are the God of Destruction for this universe, a being whose supposed to be watching over the planets and people while erasing threats to your domain... and yet here you are, wiping out whole cities with your power. Why did you destroy the city and end all of those innocent lives?"

"I got rid of the villain and his cohorts, so I don't see why you are so annoyed. The factory..." Sidra started to say, though in the following moment both he and Mohito found that Twilight raised a hand to stop him from speaking, which he did so without delay since it was unwise to annoy someone who was so much stronger than he was, especially since Twilight was on the level of an Angel.

"The factory can be turned off, reprogrammed, or even dismantled in a safe manner... you didn't need to destroy both the villain and everything around him." Twilight remarked, though in the next instant she extended her hands and forced both the godly beings and the observers to watch as she made her move, opening a window in space-time so she could take a sample of the pristine atmosphere that this planet had a long time ago.

That wasn't all she did, because bits and pieces of metal in the surrounding area were lifted into the air, cleaned off due to her magic washing over them, where they watched as they started to form a device that happened to be floating in the air, shaped like a star that resembled her Cutie Mark, and once she was done she slipped two vials, one having the pristine atmosphere and the other the toxins, into it's head before sending it off.

"Or, if the factories are vital to the planet's economy, find a way to deal with the toxins in the air and the poisons that are in the ground." Twilight continued, where she pulled out a brand new tablet, something she was used to doing since there were far too many instances that required her to hand them out to the people she encountered, and rapidly designed all sorts of devices that could do exactly what she had just said, the first being the star that was taking in the toxins in the air and was purifying it, "I can make a prototype of each device you'll need for planets like this, though we will have to take a bit of time to talk about repayment for all of this, but in a week or two you'll be seeing results in the condition of the whole planet... undoing all of the damage will take time, and it's possible that some of the damage can't be undone, but it's far better than blowing away a city or the entire planet."

"A... Amazing." Sidra said, as he was blown away by the fact that Twilight was able to rapidly study the atmosphere, figure out the toxins that were poisoning the world, and create a way for the people of the planet to not only combat the poison air, to restore the atmosphere to it's pristine nature, but also was devising ways to fix the rest of the planet, which caused the members of his old team to look excited for what might happen next, causing him to pull out his calculation tablet for a moment, "Maybe you can take a look at this and tell me what you think?"

"If I must." Twilight replied, where she put her work tablet off to the side and accepted Sidra's, though in the following few seconds she frowned as she stared at the math that was in front of her, as there were errors upon errors in his math, a fact that made her question the educational system of this entire universe, "Sidra... do you use these calculations to figure out if planets are worth destroying?"

"Yes. In fact the calculations in front of you indicate that another planet in this system is beyond saving and that it might be scheduled for destruction." Sidra stated, though as he said that he discovered something he wasn't expecting to see, his guest brought her palm to her face as she summoned a floating chair for her to sit on, which told him that she wasn't happy with what she was seeing right now, before she raised her right hand and a portal appeared nearby, allowing her to call forth a bottle of wine that she opened and started drinking from, "Um, what... what do you think?"

"That you are a universal moron!" Twilight nearly snapped, though she was thankful that she couldn't get drunk, because based on what she had seen, in the first hour of her visit to Universe 9, all of Sidra's madness and stupidity would have made her totally smashed, if not permanently damaged in some manner, but the sheer amount of wine she might drink during her visit, and she sent a bottle over to Mohito, who summoned a glass before helping himself, "Sidra, there are so many errors in your math that I'm simply amazed that you can even get an answer out of this... frankly, this really makes me wonder about the educational system of your entire universe! Here, I've corrected everything."

Sidra honestly wasn't expecting the verbal lashing he was getting from Twilight, in fact it was insulting that she was calling him a moron, but he took the tablet back and studied it for a time, only for surprise to appear on his face as he realized that she was right to bash him, his math had been wrong all over the place.

"Now I understand why Universe 9 is so far down in the ratings... sure, part of it is due to villains like the one you took out earlier, but it's mostly due to your incompetence!" Twilight continued, where she honestly wished she had the power to dismiss a current God of Destruction and replace them with someone more deserving, and more qualified, of the position, because Sidra was definitely someone she would dismiss in a heartbeat, "And frankly, I'm dreading whatever else I might discover in the near future."

Mohito smiled for a moment as he observed the pair, as he knew that with Twilight's help, criticizing everything Sidra did and showing him exactly what needed to be done to improve his universe, this universe would be able to recover at long last and that it would begin to prosper like all of the others, he just had to be patient and wait for whatever the future had in store for his universe.

PreviousChapters Next