• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Super Hero: Dealing with Crime

Trunks and Goten found that a few days had gone by and Trunks was already partly regretting his decision to ask Piccolo to train them to regain their battle senses, along with asking his sister to help them with their studies, both of whom were far too eager to whip them both into shape. Piccolo's training was far more brutal than either of them had assumed, because on the second day he started adding combat sessions to what he had to offer them, and while he was clearly holding back, to prevent him from absolutely dominating them, the pair found that his diminished power was more than enough to take both of them down. Not only that but Eschalot joined him from time to time, to show the pair how to actually fight without having to knock them both into the ground once more, though the two usually flashed through the air, moving faster than the two could keep up with since all of their senses had gotten worse over the years. That wasn't the end of it either, as the pair found that the fox creature was constantly keeping an eye on them, why Trunks had no idea, though whenever Piccolo or even Eschalot asked her to train with them she let out a sigh and joined whoever has asked for such a thing.

The amazing thing was that Rena was able to keep up with Piccolo and Eschalot, or at least the level of power that they were using against her, where it looked like she was almost ducking and weaving out of the way, similar to how Goku fought in his Ultra Instinct state, though she lacked the glow, meaning she was definitely on a level that was far above them.

After that first time Rena insisted on training with the two of them as well, though most of the time she was dodging out of the way and poking at their limbs, pointing out where they were doing something wrong and showing both of them how to actually move in the way they wanted. It was like she had been perfectly designed to be their training partner, someone who understood how to fight and how to make someone improve in no time at all, and the only person in the world, maybe even the entire universe, who had the power to do that was Twilight. Trunks instantly shut down the idea, because if she really wanted to help them out with their training she would have been direct about it, instead of showing them all sorts of scenes from other timelines, and since she shut them out of her school it was clear that they were on their own for the time being. It was why he had sought out his sister's help, because if they could get their grades high enough there was a program in their school that allowed the highest scorers to gain an additional period, as in they could go to Stellaris and do whatever they wanted for the specified period of time.

If he and Goten could get into Stellaris, and the various races that existed across the entire universe, he knew that their growth would be far more explosive than it was right now, but, since they had to reach that point in their studies, he had to focus on the ongoing battle as Rena grabbed the back of his head and slammed him into the ground, all while using her other hand to catch Goten by the neck.

"You two need to take this seriously! If Devi Dimon sent more of his minions at you now, neither of you would stand even a remote chance of winning." Rena stated, where she let go of Trunks before spinning around to kick Goten into one of the nearby trees that were around them, once again showing Piccolo and Eschalot that she incredibly strong, before she got up, stretched her arm for a couple of seconds, and walked over to the other pair she had spent some time with, "Those two... I swear, there's something wrong with their brains... Trunks keeps getting lost in his thoughts, like he's thinking of all the hero work they've done in the past, and Goten doesn't seem to think about anything."

"Still, we're making progress with both of them... slow progress, but progress all the same." Piccolo said, as he understood what Rena was feeling right now, as he experienced the same thing when he trained Gohan all those years ago, because it had taken a long time to drill some important lessons into him, even though Twilight made his effort look like nothing due to all of the training she put everyone else through.

"At least they're doing better with their schoolwork, as I've seen a marked improvement in the last couple of subjects I've made them study." Eschalot added, because she had been double checking everything that her brother and Goten did, at least in terms of their studies, and suspected that her work might be why they were suffering right now, though there was a chance that this was just their way of not focusing on that part of their training and studies, "If this continues I might be nice to them and cut back on how much I give them... might help improve their moods as well, since they'll be able to put more of their focus on actually training."

"Personally, I just think they're stupid." Rena said, as she wasn't very impressed by what the two were capable of, in fact she was more interested in and impressed by the power of her own training partners, though as she said that she took a moment to reach into the cooler before pulling out a bottle of water and drank some of it, only to pause as she found that both Piccolo and Eschalot were looking at her, "What?"

"Nothing, just... you haven't eaten or drank anything since coming here. I just assumed you were like me, only without the need to actually eat or drink anything." Piccolo replied, though this only made him even more interested in the creatures that Twilight had created to push Trunks and Goten to their limits, or whatever their original purpose was since Rena had said nothing about that aspect of herself.

"We can eat and drink, but it's not necessary for our survival... we're like Bio-Androids, only digital..." Rena started to say, though in the following moment she realized that it might be difficult for her to actually explain everything in a way that the pair would actually understand, causing her to realize that there might be a better way for her to approach this as she capped her water, "Look, if you want the full explanation, just ask our creator and I'm sure you'll learn everything you could ever want to know about my kind."

Eschalot opened her mouth to say something, as she was fairly sure she could understand anything Rena told her, but in the next moment she found that Trunks and Goten checked their phones before rushing over to their packs, equipped the watches that held their hero costumes, transformed without delay, and then burst into the air without wasting time.

"If I were a betting girl I'd say that another crime has been reported... guess we'll be putting this on hold until they finish up their hero work." Eschalot remarked, as she knew that the watches contained their costumes since Trunks had made a request to have the devices made, something their mother clearly regretted since Twilight likely told her about how bad he was doing in school, and when the costumes were out that meant X-1 and X-2 had taken over.

Rena sighed for a moment as she excused herself and jumped into the air, following the pair as they headed back into the city, staying far enough back since getting too close might cause either of the pair to stop and confront her, only to find that they stopped at a store. The reason for that was because they needed their bags, since they were heroes that, as she learned from the others, 'cleaned up the streets' or something to that affect, so having all sorts of bags to dispose of the 'trash' that they encountered, the weapons of their opponents, was necessary. Honestly, she didn't understand it and just thought it was a massive waste of time, especially since she suspected that Devi Dimon might make his move against the pair while they were doing something like this, given that both Trunks and Goten were clearly distracted by their desire to be heroes right now. It also made her realize why Lady Twilight had set up the whole 'hero and villain' ploy after reaching her breaking point with the pair, as this seemed to be the only real way to get both warriors to do anything, and it really made her wonder what might happen in the upcoming weeks.

As she thought about that, however, Rena noticed that the pair dropped down onto one of the streets and quickly landed on a roof that allowed her to observe everything, since she wanted to see how Trunks and Goten acted as their super hero personas, as it might give her some insight into how to teach them how to fight.

What she discovered was that it was a robbery they were interrupting, the robbers were in the middle of clashing with the cops, without any hostages to be exact, and everyone stopped when Trunks and Goten, or Saiyaman X-1 and X-2, landed and started their whole routine about cleaning up the streets. It was, in her mind, incredibly painful to witness, since they were being incredibly foolish right now, but, at the same time, she found that the pair remembered some of their training as they moved with faster speeds than they had a few days ago and crushed all of the guns that were being used by the robbers. With the guns properly disposed of, and the pair told the robbers to take out the trash, they found that the group of robbers pulled out blades and attacked them once again, all while the cops realized that this might be something they had better stay out of, since they recognized the costumes the pair was wearing. At the same time she found that there were a number of watchers that were a fair distance from everything, people with kids who might have come here on a day off to tend to their banking needs, before noticing that there was another robber outside, likely a watcher who stayed out of everything, and that he was coming in to attack the pair while they were distracted.

With that in mind Rena jumped down into the area and landed in front of the robber, surprising the figure and many of the observers as she crushed the gun that was drawn on her, though instead of using a blade, like his comrades, she found that her opponent came at her with his fists and she brought her knee into his chest, knocking him to the ground as Trunks and Goten finished dealing with their opponents.

"Whoa, what are you?" one of the nearby kids asked, as the group of children rushed over to the scene once it was safe for all of them to do so, where Rena found that they were far more interested in her right now, while the parents kept an eye on their kids and the cops focused on arresting all of the criminals that had been taken down.

"How to explain... well, I guess you could say that I'm a digital monster, designed to fight for the good of the world." Rena replied, because she knew that these kids were too young to really understand the truth behind what she was, or what the others of her kind were since news of the battle with the two monsters had already spread across the internet over the last couple of days.

"A Digimon?! That sounds awesome!" one of the other kids said, something that caused Rena to pause, because she hadn't been expecting her brief explanation to cause the children to latch onto a new name for her kind, and she could see that it was already starting to gain traction with the others, "Are you a new member of their team?!"

"Actually, I'm a Digian, as that's the official name given to my kind." Rena stated, though at the same time she found that the pair she was following were departing from the area, after having done their poses and statements, meaning she had to wrap this up before she lost them, causing her to focus on the other question for a moment, "And no, I'm not really a new member of the team, rather I'm just helping them get into shape."

"Digimon! Digimon! Digimon!" the children cheered, totally ignoring Rena as they tore down the official name of her kind and replaced it with their own name for what she was, all while the parents chuckled for a moment as they watched their kids do this, since they clearly meant no harm in the name.

Eventually Rena conceded to the children, especially since one was already posting about her existence to the rest of the internet, meaning 'Digimon' was going to be a household name in no time at all, and left them to their imagination as she rushed off to find the pair, though she had to wonder what Lady Twilight would think of this when the news reached her and made her eager to see what the future held for them.

PreviousChapters Next