• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,989 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,989

PreviousChapters Next
Buu: Cleanup and Aftermath

Twilight stood still for a short period of time, just to be absolutely sure that her senses were telling the truth, before she let out a sigh of relief as she reverted back to her base form, as Kid Buu was truly gone and that meant everyone could rest for a time, before worrying about what the future held for them.

"I... I can't believe it. You killed Kid Buu!" Shin stated, as he and the others, those being Kibito and the older Kai, had been watching the battle take place and he couldn't believe that there were so many mortals whose power had eclipsed his own, since he stood no chance against such a creature.

"Indeed, and now the universe will never have to fear his return, especially since Buu has no desire to follow in the path of destruction Kid Buu caused." Twilight said, gesturing to the fat Buu for a moment, because with Kid Buu's death she knew there was no reason to talk about them as if they were two different creatures, before she dismissed her remaining illusions and glanced at Goku, who seemed sad or disappointed, "Please don't tell me that you were hoping that we could leave the fact of the world to Trunks and Goten? As soon as they learned fusion, and mastered it, they started to goof around and thought that they were the best fighter on the planet, especially since they challenged me first... suffice to say that they weren't even remotely ready for such a responsibility."

"Well, to be honest, I only offered the idea since I wasn't sure what you were going to do... I didn't know if you were going to just observe or if you were going to fight." Goku replied, where he huffed for a moment as he returned to his base form, as his newest transformation really took it out of him, despite the power it commanded, where he hoped that with further training he'd be able to master it like the previous two forms, "However, that wasn't what I was thinking about... I made a wish to King Emma that Kid Buu be reborn one day, as a good guy, so we could fight him again and help him figure out how to wield his power. Is it wrong to hope for such a thing?"

"Not my place to pass judgement... but it fits your character." Twilight answered, because Goku had this mindset where he spared and rehabilitated his enemies, in a way based on what she knew, bringing out the good in them and allowing all of them to grow from each experience they shared, which only made her wonder if the judge of the Other World would even acknowledge such a wish, "That reminds me: now that we're done with Kid Buu, and his evil will no longer threaten the rest of reality, we need to head back to Earth, gather the Dragon Balls, and fix the damage that's been done since Babidi arrived on the planet."

"NO! You can't use the Dragon Balls! It's against the natural order of the universe!" the elderly Kaioshin stated, almost as if he had a problem with the mere existence of the wish granting orbs, especially since he marched over to where they were standing and stared at her group for a moment, as if his irritated expression would convince them to stop what he was displeased with.

"You do realize that if we had done nothing Super Buu would have killed everyone on Earth, and the Kid Buu would have destroyed the planet, right?" Aria inquired, though as she did so Twilight noticed that she was gesturing to her earrings for a moment, meaning there must have been some plan in motion, by Shin or the Old Kai, as Twilight was going to call him, that she had interrupted by bringing their foe here, "I know you were thinking of allowing Goku and Vegeta to fuse using the Potara, who would have found a way to get inside our foe to free anyone who might have been absorbed after he fought Gotenks, resulting in Kid Buu's awakening. Sure, they would have succeeded and our true foe would have gone on to destroy the planet, meaning we would have needed to use the Namekian Dragon Balls to bring the Earth back... I'm just glad we could skip all of that and bring an end to this nightmare. With all the people who have died recently we should fix it and bring them back."

"She's right. You're supposed to nurture life and report the evils to your Hakaishin, and yet it seems like you and Shin are in need of some lessons." Twilight remarked, where she noted that the Old Kai froze for a moment as she mentioned the God of Destruction, without naming him or anything, meaning he feared the individual in question and that caused her to realize that must have been who sealed him away all those years ago, "However, before that, we need to awaken Shenron and make our wishes... which presents a problem, because you, Goku, were already brought back once in the past, so he won't bring you back... I guess we could go to New Namek and ask Porunga to bring you back."

It was in that moment that the Old Kai said something interesting, that he was capable of exchanging his life to bring back someone, effectively taking their place in the Other World in a sense, where Twilight figured out that he was thinking of gaming the system, in a manner of speaking. Because of the wording of the wish to bring everyone back the Old Kai was convinced that he would be included in the revival wish, despite the fact that he had no desire to use the Dragon Balls in the first place, though Twilight said nothing about it, mostly because the more Kaioshin their universe had the better off they would be. It did, however, show her that the Old Kai was selfish and wasn't a good role model for Shin, despite the fact that he was apparently from fifteen generations ago, which, depending on how long the other Kaioshin had lived for, meant his God of Destruction could be someone different than the one she knew about. There was also the way that he was staring at her chest that annoyed her greatly, because now he was more like Roshi in her eyes, which made her make a note to keep an eye out for his energy, just in case he decided to peak at her and Aria in the future.

With that in mind the Old Kai sacrificed his life so Goku could be brought back, though once that was done they returned to the Lookout, where Twilight found that all of the kids were happy that they were back, with Trunks and Goten annoyed over losing the chance to fight their destined foe. Twilight was able to determine that the two were strong, but Eschalot was still stronger than them, while her own children had improved greatly, meaning there was some hope that both Goten and Trunks had learned from training inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Once she was sure that Piccolo and the kids were fine, not that she expected them to be harmed after her stunt, Twilight and Aria locked onto her father's ship, which was where everyone else was hiding out, far from the planet, and teleported over there without wasting time. Such a thing allowed her to tell everyone that the coast was clear, they were no longer in danger and that it was okay to return to the Earth, where Bulma and the others stood at the ready as the pair returned them to the planet, along with her father since he wanted to hear the story.

Of course everyone was surprised to see that Buu was still alive, save for Mr. Satan and Bee, as those two were overjoyed to have their cherished friend back, who also shared their feelings since he adored the pair, though all of this freaked Shin out since he wasn't used to the friendly Buu that was in front of him. Chi-Chi was overjoyed that Goku and Gohan were back, as she had been worried that she would never see them again, while Bulma smiled and hugged Vegeta when she saw him standing behind everyone, but before they got the Dragon Balls Twilight made sure the Saiyan Prince apologized to everyone for 'accidentally' aiding in Babidi's mission to free Buu. Frieza, Cooler, and King Cold stood off to the side as Twilight informed everyone as to what had happened, about how she found a way to separate Buu from his evil, even if it caused the first Buu, the primal Buu, to be reborn, who she had crushed with her power. Such a thing also interested the rest of her allies, as in Demigra and his followers, though even her mother, Dabura, and Putine were surprised, given that most of them knew the tales of Majin Buu and his power, no doubt elevating her in their minds.

Once she was done telling everyone what had happened Dende and Mr. Popo brought out the Dragon Balls and called upon Shenron without delay, where Shin's group looked up at the Eternal Dragon as the sky darkened around them, as this was the first time they were seeing something like this, causing Twilight to chuckle as Dende asked what their wishes were.

"Our first wish is simple: we want to bring back everyone whose died since the day Babidi arrived on Earth, with the evil ones being excluded." Twilight explained, which would bring back everyone who died by the little being showing off Buu's power to the rest of the world, to freak everyone out so they would give him the information he sought, where Dende nodded to show that he understood what they wanted, "Since that's a wish that will revive hundreds of people, and thus counts as two wishes as per your upgrades, that leaves us with one more wish. Our second wish is that everyone, save for all of us, to forget about Buu, his short rampage, and what Babidi showed the world, to let him have a fresh start so he can help the people of this planet in his own unique way."

Dende nodded once more before speaking to Shenron about the two wishes, where the Eternal Dragon paused for just a moment before reviving everyone according to the first wish, something Shin and Aria were able to confirm with ease, and Aria confirmed that the evil souls, especially the men who triggered the arrival of Super Buu, were still dead. With the first wish done Shenron focused on the second one for a time and, after a few moments of silence, confirmed that it was done, something that was followed by him returning to the Dragon Balls and them scattering to the corners of the world once more, to be found when they were needed once more. Twilight was able to confirm that Vegeta, despite his foolish attempt to return to the uncaring and evil Saiyan he used to be before arriving on Earth, was deemed good enough to be included in the revival wish, meaning he and Goku were now among the living once more. She supposed that him being among the living again was a good thing, since there was no telling how much stronger he'd become now that he knew of her true strength, not to mention after discovering the existence of Super Saiyan 3.

Of course she wasn't too surprised to find that Vegeta turned on Goku once the Eternal Dragon was gone, because he was annoyed by the fact that the new transformation had been withheld from him during their fight, though while he did that she turned to face the Old Kai and the rest of his small group.

"So, Gohan's new form. Am I correct in assuming you were the one who helped him out?" Twilight asked, because she was interested in what might be done with the power that Gohan had been granted, which appeared to be awakening one's own latent powers to make them stronger than they were previously, especially given the plans she had for the future.

"Yes. I performed the ritual as thanks for freeing me from the prison I was trapped in." the Old Kai replied, causing her to raise an eyebrow for a moment as she recalled the scene she had seen upon her arrival on Shin's planet, the one where he held his hands out towards Gohan while both were sitting on the ground.

"Would you consider using it on me?" Twilight inquired, as it seemed like the key for her to set her plan into motion, the one she had told no one about since she didn't want to spoil the surprise when it was time, though in the next moment she found that the Old Kai crossed his arms for some odd reason, "What? You do realized that I stopped Kid Buu... all I'm asking is that you use the ritual on me and awaken my potential. It's hardly the worst thing I could ask for."

The Old Kai told her that he'd think about it, meaning there was a fair chance that he'd forget just to spite her, where Shin said that he'd talk to him when they got back to their planet, as he knew they owed her for defeating and killing Kid Buu, and Aria even asked if she could get the same, since it would help them defend their universe, though such a thing lead to Twilight thinking of something else to do.

"Before we head down to the planet's surface, and get back to our lives, I would like to see the fruits of your training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber." Twilight stated, where she found that the kids turned to face her for a moment, which just so happened to be when she floated into the air in front of the Lookout's platform, though when she got a fair distance away she turned and faced everyone for a moment, "I don't want you to think of this as an actual fight, as it's more like training, but I want to see your power and see how much you learned before I took over the fight against our foe."

"Lady Twilight, if I may?" Demigra said, causing everyone to turn towards him for a moment, as the Demons who followed Twilight were usually silent, save for Towa since she was more known to everyone else, though she was interested in what he had to say, "If this is just about seeing what they've learned, wouldn't you prefer to stay on the sidelines and watch while someone else acts as their intended target?"

She thought about it for a moment, because it was an interesting thing to consider, and guessed that it was fine for him to take her place, since she figured he wanted to show her what he was capable of after learning of her victory over Kid Buu, to which they switched places without wasting time. Demigra, to make things more interesting, left his staff behind as he beckoned for the kids to line up and test themselves against his power, where, as Twilight expected, Goten and Trunks were the first ones to step forward, no doubt the most eager to prove themselves. The pair pushed themselves straight to their Super Saiyan 2 forms, showing that training against Eschalot and the others had, as Twilight expected, pushed them to new levels of power, before rushing at Demigra, who grinned as he raised his arms for a moment as he started to parry the incoming punches and kicks that were coming his way. Twilight observed the pair as they tried to bypass Demigra's defenses, an impossible task given the fact that he was stronger than them, though their new skills were more refined and more focused than when she struck Gotenks down, showing that one of the other kids had convinced them to be serious about their intense training.

Clashing with Demigra informed the pair that they needed more power and caused them to back off, where they quickly powered down and performed the Fusion Dance, where Gotenks rushed out to fight him, though while this was a vast improvement it didn't allow him to hit the Demon's chest. Such a thing did cause him to go through the transformations he knew, those being Super Saiyan, then the one Gohan had unlocked during his training years ago, and then came the shocker that even surprised Goku and Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3. The power generated by this form meant that he was only able to use it for a short period of time, which had been designed to be their trump card against Super Buu, and for a time he was able to actually push Demigra backwards, not by much as Twilight observed the clash. It did, however, inform her that everyone must have taken their training seriously and that all of them should have more power than before, and the first test came to an end as the Demon made the fusion split apart with a well placed blow, which had to be the time limit being reached due to the power drain.

Following that Mira, Calas, and Houko rushed at the Demon, showing everyone that they were faster, their swings were far faster than before, and from what Twilight could feel their base power was far greater than before, where after a couple of moments each one transformed into their own unique transformations. Mr. Satan and Videl were surprised by Calas' own unique form, since he looked a lot like Cell, causing Twilight to keep her chuckle to herself since that would spoil things for the pair, though he wasn't the only one taken aback by what they were seeing. Buu was surprised by Houko's form, which was fair considering the fact that it was drawn from a DNA sample that Twilight had gained from her future self, though he commented on something interesting, he thought he was the last of his 'kind', causing him to ask Twilight if it was possible for there to be more like him out there. As the kids pushed Demigra around for a time, who might be doing so to see how well they had improved, Twilight wondered if it was possible to use Buu's DNA and her unique food to produce more of his kind, at least to a degree that they didn't have to worry about more rampages, something she would consider, along with the addition of Namekians and even her father's kind as well.

After the kids had their turn Eschalot stepped up and demonstrated her power for all of them, transforming into her own Super Saiyan form before going a step further, where her scales became sharper looking and her spine gained a series of short spikes going from her head to her tail. Her Super Saiyan 2 form was interesting, a mix of Saiyan and dragon, but that was only the beginning as she called forth more of her power and seemed to transform once more, her scales becoming much sharper than before, like she was closer to a beast, while the spikes had grown longer, mimicking the form of Goku's hair when he used the Super Saiyan 3 form. It was in that moment that Vegeta realized that he was one of the few Saiyans who didn't have access to this level of power, in addition to Gohan and the two who learned the Fusion Dance, since the fusion really didn't count, and Twilight knew he'd come to her seeking more training. Of course, like everyone else, this form only lasted for a few moments, though it told Twilight everything she needed to know, the Saiyans required far more training than before if they were all to gain the new transformation Goku had obtained.

With all of that done she bid everyone farewell for the time being as she teleported Mr. Satan's group down to the planet's surface, back in their home city anyway, and found that no one seemed to mind Buu's form, which meant the wish had worked out quite well, causing Twilight to chuckle as she braced herself for what the future held for them.

PreviousChapters Next