• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,942 Views, 1,328 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,328
 1,942

PreviousChapters Next
Destroyers: First Bouts

After coming to a decision on who would go first, and the order that followed, Whis floated down to the referee, which was a green humanoid alien with pure black eyes and an antenna on top of his head, sort of like Buu's but a lot shorter than what the pink creature possessed, while wearing a black suit with a red collar.

"And now, we shall sing the anthem of the universe." the Referee stated, something that caused many of those from Universe 7 to raise their eyebrows as a small creature, that looked like a penguin mixed with something else, came onto the stage and literally sang 'the universe is very spacious' before it walked off with some applause from Champa's hired help, to which he turned towards everyone again, "Now, let the Tournament of Destroyers begin! The first match will be the warrior from Universe 6, Botamo, and the warrior from Universe 7, Son Goku!"

As Twilight stared down at the arena she discovered that Botamo was the yellow rubber bear from before, who seemed to be pretty sure of his abilities as he stared down at Goku, who did the respectful thing and bowed to his opponent, which his foe did as well, before the Referee told them it was time to start. With just the first few swings she could tell that Goku was doing what he normally did against a new foe, he took his time studying their movements as he maintained a level of power that was equal to what his foe happened to be using at the moment, while conserving his true strength till later. He let his foe unleash a flurry of blows at him, some he dodged and others he blocked with either his hands or his arms, mostly to put on a show for everyone else as he looked for a weakness that could be used against his foe, or just decided to take him out with brute strength. Champa seemed far too pleased with the fact that his warrior already had Goku on the defensive, though Twilight couldn't fault him for thinking such a thing since he had only seen him and Vegeta in Whis' heavy training gear, so he had an incorrect understanding of their abilities.

If that was the case she was sure that he had picked the rest of his team with the false understanding that the power of Universe 7's warriors were pitiful, meaning there was a chance that they would steamroll all of them, but she made sure to keep her eyes open while the fight happened. As Goku decided to play around for a moment, to see if Botamo had any powers to use against him as he started to run around the arena, Twilight pulled out her tablet and tapped an icon that let out a small little drone, basically a gnat that would go undetected. With it in hand she focused on the warriors that were on Champa's side and got a small sample from Cabba, the Saiyan, and Frost, the one who looked a lot like her father when he used his lowest limiter form, and she even got one from Auta Magetta, the Metalman. The final member, Hit, seemed far too in tune with the surrounding area, as she noticed him turn his gaze towards it for a few seconds before she made it disappear back to their side, though he said nothing, since he noticed that none of his allies were suffering from her little drone, and while Goku continued to run around the arena Twilight got to work.

She wanted to see what sort of genetic differences existed between the races of her universe and their counterparts that were in Champa's, all while Botamo loosed blasts from his ears at Goku, who dodged the attacks with ease as he noticed that his foe's stamina might not be the best.

Eventually Goku decided that enough was enough and stuck Botamo in the chest, knocking him onto his back for a couple of seconds with a look of shock on the bear's face, while at the same time surprising both Champa and Vados, since they weren't expecting this from him. Botamo continued his assault, showing everyone that he was either stupid or had some sort of plan in mind, where Goku used some of his advanced speed to knock him away whenever he came at him, while staying in the exact same position no less, causing Twilight to chuckle as it happened. As Botamo got back up, however, a shift happened as Goku went on the offensive and attacked the rubber bear after grabbing onto his right hand during one of his attacks, where it was easy to see that he was testing Botamo's resistance to harm, since he had taken no damage during the last couple of attacks. Everyone was excited by what was going on right now and cheered for him, though not even Goku's barrage did anything to him, something that caused Goku to perform the Kamehameha on his foe without delay, who dodged the attack and bounced around before coming to a stop.

In the following moment, however, Goku knocked Botamo onto his back and grabbed him by the legs, as in he hauled him over to the edge of the ring as he avoided being blasted in the back of the head, though when he got close to the edge he let go and let Botamo attack him so he could latch onto his outstretched arm and use the bear's momentum to send him over the edge, right onto the rocky ground.

"Botamo has been knocked out of the ring! Goku is the winner!" the Referee stated, where everyone from Universe 7 took a moment to cheer him on as the bear got up and lowered his head in defeat as he returned to Champa's platform, who was already prepping his next warrior with a frown on his face.

"He had no choice but to force a ring out... the Rubeariens were known for their damage resistant bodies, which allowed them to bounce around however they wanted after taking a hit," Twilight remarked, as she agreed with Goku's method to take his foe out, especially since it seemed like Botamo had complete control over his ability to redirect himself to a new area after taking his foe's attacks, even if there were times were he stood still, "Of course he could have used the full force of his greatest power to knock him around, but in the mindset of maintaining one's stamina this was the best course for him to take... though he might not have that luxury with his next foe."

"Frost... this will be very interesting." Cooler stated, because out of all the warriors from the other universe he was more interested in his brother's counterpart, as while he didn't seem anything like Frieza, in fact he lacked the desire to enforce his will over the rest of the universe and obliterate those who challenged him, or have an army do that, he suspected that there was more to him than what they were seeing at the moment.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Frost said, where he actually walked up to where Goku was standing and held a hand out for him to shake, though the fact that he was much nicer than Frieza had been, at least to those of Earth anyway, shocked a fair number of them as Goku overcame his shock and shook his hand, "Let's give it our all."

As Goku nodded Frost, for some reason, walked behind him and spoke to the entirety of Universe 7, essentially stating his belief that at the end of the day they would be able to shake the hands of their opponents and say that everything was fair between them, like he was a gentleman or something. Once his speech was over, and even caused Frieza to raise one of his eyebrows as Twilight realized there was already some deception going on with the warrior, he returned to his side and got ready for the start of the battle, though once the gong was sounded, and the Referee made the announcement, both warriors started the match. What was impressive right away was that Frost was able to match Goku's current power with ease, as the two rushed at each other and started to trade blows, even though their punches collided with each other and their kicks found resistance from the kicks of their foe, to the point where they had to move into the air. Twilight smiled as she watched them clash, because while they moved around the space above the ring, as they knew that being outside the ring's area would be a bad thing and elected to remain within the space Vados had prepared, and it only made those that were familiar with the Glaerian habits interested in what might happen next.

Of course only a few of them could actually keep track of the fight, since Goku and Frost were moving rather fast, as in on a level that the likes of Yamcha, even with his power boost from the Animorph Z he had taken, couldn't keep track of the pair, leaving those with godly Ki being able to watch the fight, even when Frost used his tail to knock Goku off balance for a few moments, who returned the favor and knocked his foe into the arena floor.

"I suspected as much: you're hiding your full power, saving it for the later fights." Goku remarked, though as Frost stood there, with a surprised look on his face, he gestured towards Frieza and Kind Cold for a few seconds as his foe realized that one of his potential foes was of his own race, meaning he understood the comment with ease, "As you can see, we're more than familiar with the types of suppression forms that your race uses when they have a lot of power and can't really control it... the warriors behind me no longer need such a thing to control their true power."

"I see. Meaning you'd rather fight me in my final form, instead of wasting time." Frost said, showing that he understood what Goku hadn't said, all while he focused on the warriors from Universe 7 that were of his own race, confirming that they were, in fact, in a form he preferred not to use.

In the next moment Frost, deciding that it would be in his best interests to actually put forth his best effort, transformed into his Third Form, the more alien one Frieza had used once upon a time, though while Goku seemed fine with this, despite the fact that Twilight knew he was slightly disappointed, he resumed the battle without delay. Sure enough Frost was stronger in this form, as he moved in to strike Goku repeatedly as the Saiyan parried his attacks and launched a few of his own, but the advantage in this situation was on the Saiyan's side, especially given all of the transformations Goku had access to. Goku, of course, fought this form for a few moments, mostly to see just how powerful it was compared to some of the foes he had clashed with in the past, and when Frost hit him in the face with a low energy blast it convinced him that it was time to get a little bit serious. As such he transformed into his Super Saiyan form, shocking everyone from Universe 6 in the process, and that included Cabba since this was the first time he had seen something like this, though in the face of his new power Frost made the smart move and powered up to his final form, breaking himself down until he resembled Frieza.

While the two clashed the Referee informed all of them that Frost was known for using his forces to end wars and save lives, as befitting of a hero, making it seem like he was a good guy who only wanted the best for his universe, almost as if he was the exact opposite of what Frieza was. With that in mind Twilight floated down to where the other aliens that looked like the Referee were standing and convinced them to allow her to link up with their information database, so when she returned to her seat, as Goku and Frost moved into a flurry of blows, she had something new to study. Based on the files and various news posts she was able to open so far she was able to confirm that the Referee was right, Frost seemed like a good guy, as he refused to give into despair and fought to the bitter end, before she located something interesting, he bought war torn ground, fixed it up, and then sold it at a profit, no doubt thanks to his own Heeters. She had to resist the urge to chuckle as she realized that Frost was more devious than everyone thought, as he was likely secretly starting these wars so he could come in and be the hero, all while making a great deal of money in the long run and maintaining his image to the rest of the universe tat he called home.

As she thought about that, however, she returned her focus to the match as the pair clashed once more, as Frost rushed off of the edge of the barrier that protected them from the dangers of space, though in the next moment things changed as he was able to somehow stun Goku, with a jab that the Saiyan blocked with his arm, before knocking him out of the ring, much to the surprise of those watching the match.

"Huh, that's not something you see everyday." Twilight commented, mostly speaking to herself as the other warriors talked with Goku when he returned to where they were waiting, because something about this didn't add up in her mind, hence why she silently focused her energy as she formed a small time window, allowing her to review the match as her uncle landed in the arena and faced Frost.

As she did that, however, Jaco jumped up to where she was resting and quietly asked her if she had seen the same thing he had, where she told him that she might have and that she'd deal with the problem if they were right, though as she did that Cooler took his place in the arena as everyone returned to their previous positions.

"For defeating Goku, you have earned my interest, Frost, so I'll fight you on even terms." Cooler stated, where he quickly transformed into his unique Fifth Form, his own evolved form that was one step below the Golden Form that Twilight had helped him and the others unlock some time ago, surprising everyone as they quickly realized that there Frost's kind had another form that could be used with enough training, "Come and show me your true power!"

Following that statement Cooler rushed at Frost and brought his balled fists down on top of his foe, forcing him to raise his arms to defend himself as he blocked the attack, the sheer power of which was transferred into the arena floor as the area around them cracked apart. Frost seemed surprised by the power of his foe, as if he expected Cooler to be close or equal to his own level, which was followed by him being pushed down into the ground a little before he was knocked off to the side, showing that his control over everything was already slipping. Cooler rushed at Frost without wasting time, as he moved into a series of punches and kicks that forced the other warrior back, causing Champa to realize that his second warrior, one of his greatest, was likely going to fall if nothing happened, which was around the time Cooler threw a punch down at Frost, who got out of the way. The result of such a thing caused the arena itself to crack in half, allowing the rest of the watchers to observe just what a Universe 7 version of Frost's race could do, only for him to kick the arena that was in the direction that Frost was moving in, the force of which making the arena move so the floor blocked his escape, and as he noticed the ploy it was far too late to stop his movements.

In the next moment Cooler punched Frost in the chest, breaking the arena fragment behind him as he lifted his foe into the air, up over his head, and brought him down head first into the other section of the arena, all while proclaiming that he was 'planting a dumbass tree', and as he stopped Vados used her power to lift the fragments of the floor, to give them the full space once more.

"Come now, Frost, you can't give up yet. I know you have a 'Full Power' form as well." Cooler remarked, though the only reason he was refraining from knocking his foe out of the arena right now was because he wanted to beat him fully, with his foe using all of his power, and if it was worthwhile he might break out his Golden Form, depending on the power that Frost had in his final form, "If you don't use it I will knock you out of the ring."

Frost remained silent as he considered his options for a couple of seconds, though in the face of Cooler's power he spent no time on any serious debate as he released his full power, bulking up in no time, before rushing into battle once more as he lashed out at Cooler's chest. He found that his attacks didn't seem to do much against his foe as Cooler brought his right elbow down in his shoulder and knocked him into the floor, though even as that happened Frost refused to give up as he went on the assault after picking himself up. Twilight thought it was odd that all of his attacks were chest focused, as it seemed odd to continue going after an area that he knew wouldn't help him beat his opponent, causing her to use her power to see if her suspicions were right, while the others paid close attention to what was going on right now. While she did that Cooler punched Frost hard in the face as he got a really good gut punch, his attack knocking Frost out of the ring as his foe's caused him to move back quite a bit, which was a result of his full power, before the unthinkable happened as he fell backward, out of the ring.

As the Referee declared that both warriors were knocked out, meaning the next warriors in line for both sides would be called to fight each other, Twilight floated down to the arena floor and informed everyone that she would like to inform all of them of something she had discovered.

"As per the rules of this tournament, no weapons are allowed in the bouts... and yet Frost has the gall to come here with a needle weapon in his right arm." Twilight stated, where she tapped her staff on the broken floor and a temporal image of the event in question showed up for everyone to see, allowing everyone to observe as she showed them a slowed down version of the fight that revealed that he did, in fact, have a needle weapon attached to his arm, as it came out of a hole near his wrist, a small one everyone wouldn't have been able to see unless it was highlighted.

"Really? Must you be a sore loser?" Frost remarked, though as he said that, and floated into the air so he could stare at the one who dared to tarnish his reputation like this, Twilight sighed for a second as she pulled him close, surprising him as his arm moved on it's own, allowing the Referee to touch the area and faint after the needle came out, "I can assure you that this is part of my body."

"Incorrect as well. There are signs of tampering and genetic modification." Twilight said, where, to prove her point, she also delved a little deeper into Frost's past with her time magic and revealed, to Champa and everyone from Universe 6, that it was an illegal modification made from one of the notorious pirates of the universe he came from, the very group he was the leader of, "Referee, what is your verdict?"

As she expected the Referee had principles and declared, for everyone to hear, that Frost was disqualified, much to the shock and annoyance of Champa, since it hurt his image as a God of Destruction by having one of his warriors break one of the rules of the tournament, and she floated him over to Vados with his hands cuffed behind his back.

"One last thing, if I may?" Twilight commented, where the Referee ignored Champa's desire for her to shut up and let her speak as he nodded his head, as she had shown them that she wanted to follow the rules and disliked those who failed to do so, or broke them with no regard for the consequences, "Since Frost decided to break the rules and cheat, so he could win his matches... despite the fact that he had lost the one that just ended... I suggest nullifying Goku's loss and allowing him to rejoin the tournament."

"Hell no!" Champa stated, as he was already annoyed with Twilight, for tarnishing his reputation by exposing Frost for the cheater he really was and getting him arrested, but he wasn't about to allow her to simply get whatever she wanted while this tournament was going on, because it challenged his will as a God of Destruction, "Beerus, tell your girlfriend to get off the arena so Vados can fix it... we've got a tournament to wrap up."

"Sorry Champa, but Twilight's right. Goku was unfairly eliminated due to Frost's tampering... it's only fair that he's allowed to compete again." Beerus replied, though this was one of those times where he appreciated Twilight's ability to challenge the very gods of the multiverse, as she was doing everything in her power to ensure that Earth stayed in their possession, even if it meant annoying the crap out of Champa, "But don't take my word for it: what does the crowd think?"

Much to Twilight's amazement everyone, and that included both the remainder of the Universe 6 team and even Vados, a shock that surprised Beerus since she was loyal to Champa, meaning Goku was allowed back into the tournament, before her of course, causing her to smile as she took her seat once more and waited for the next couple of matches to begin, after the arena was fully repaired anyway.

PreviousChapters Next