• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,982 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,982

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: New Discovery

While everyone else was moving around, either gaining power or actually moving so they could stay ahead of their foes, Twilight remained in the far north for a long period of time, allowing the Z Warriors to go about their business as 16, 17, and 18 did whatever they wanted. She, on the other hand, was focused on something else, as while she had Gero's lab to study and learn from, which she planned on doing at some point, her attention right now was on the sea of black flames she had created after reaching this area. The flames were a manifestation of the darkness that had been growing inside her, since the day her parents allowed her to tap into the dark energy that her mother and all Demons tapped into, though they did no damage to her or the surrounding area. She knew none of the Z Warriors were coming her way, in fact they were going off in different directions, allowing her to clear her mind as she focused on the training she was currently doing, pushing herself towards a single point she wanted to reach.

Of course she wasn't alone, as her mother was floating in the air nearby, as her staff was enchanted so she could sit and observe whatever interested her, so it was resting in an horizontal line with Towa sitting on it, observing the area that she was currently working in.

Towa, on the other hand, was nervous, as Twilight was smart and she had figured out how to cultivate the small bit of dark energy she had given her all those years ago, which partly explained her sudden and rapid growth in power, even though most of that seemed to be because of her own inner strength. She had been expecting something grand from Twilight, as her daughter was the type to overdo certain things, but even then, despite knowing such a thing, she wasn't expecting to see all of this, demonstrating that one couldn't underestimate Twilight no matter what. Even then this was actually a bad thing in the long run, as with this much dark energy there was a chance that one of the other Demons might notice her and come to investigate, and depending on who it was things could get hairy. She was sure that many of her former allies were annoyed with her leaving them and the mission, to release Mechikabura from his prison and aid him in taking over all of time, but now she was more interested in placing one of her new family members on the universal throne, namely Twilight.

Still, what she was seeing right now was far more than what she was expecting and knew that Twilight would be able to make her Dark Form in no time at all, though if she progressed further she was going to have to step in, because if she was able to hit the Demon God form they were in big trouble.

As she thought about that, however, the sea of darkness seemed to shudder as her daughter was surrounded by what looked like a pillar of dark energy, meaning she must have succeeded in doing whatever she had been trying to do since she came here. Towa watched as the massive sea started to soak into the object that had appeared in the center, which would break apart and reveal what Twilight's Dark Form looked like when the time was right, even though she knew that it was going to be very powerful, if her base and Rage Forms were any indication. After some time the sea seemed to vanish as it was sucked into the swirling mass of energy, leaving the entire area without any harm done to the ground or even the various trees, before discovering that the pillar itself was starting to die down, no doubt being drawn into Twilight as well as it helped her fulfill her purpose. As everything disappeared she found that Twilight was still positioned in the same spot as before, only this time her armor had a crimson infinity sign near her collar area, the tips of her gloves and boots were crimson as well and stopped just beyond her wrists and ankles, before gaining a waist cape that was a lot like hers, black on one side and red on the inner side.

When Twilight opened her eyes Towa found that she looked the same, though her hair had darkened, taking on a black tint due to all of the darkness she had gathered, something that put a smile on her face as she realized that her daughter had made her Dark Form a reality.

"Twilight... it seems that you were successful." Towa remarked, because that was the truth of what she was seeing, even if it was immensely powerful, enough to where she was far stronger than her father was in his final form, no doubt shocking the Z Warriors and however could feel Ki, though as Twilight carefully looked over her new form a black crystalline staff, that ended in a golden spiral cage that contained a crimson orb, appeared nearby.

"Yes, it sure seems that way... so this is a Dark Form." Twilight commented, where she had to wonder why her mother, in all the years she spent training and growing her skills to be of use to her father, never bothered to show it off, all while she grabbed her demonic weapon, a sure sign that her new form was complete, and spun it a little before quickly reverting to her base form, "Sadly, there's no one on this planet for me to test it's strength out on, so for now it's more like a stepping stone on the path to learning how to tap into the next state... it's a shame the androids didn't want to fight, as I'm sure they would have been good practice for my new transformation. I hope I meet a strong warrior soon."

As they started to walk away Towa told her that she was sure that some new warrior would show up at some point in the near future, as it seemed like things were happening at different times or not happening at all, given what they had seen so far, and she was curious as to what might show up to fulfill her prediction.


As that was going on Krillin and Trunks were sharing the recent events with Yamcha, Gohan, and Chi-Chi, all while using a transport ship that had a ramp so they could carry Goku over to Roshi's, as the androids were on their way and there was no telling when they would arrive. In no time they were made aware of the reality of their situation, that Piccolo might be merging with Kami in the near future, Tien was on his way to check on Chiaotzu, hence why he was no longer with them, there were three more androids and they were stronger than the two in Trunks' time, and Twilight was gone. He also told all of them about how Twilight had just left after everyone got knocked down by the androids, along with sharing the brief talk she had with the trio before leaving, causing the others to look down at the floor for a moment. Krillin, however, was hopeful that she would return at some time and side with them against their foes, in whatever manner she deemed appropriate, but he didn't voice his opinion since he knew the others were of the opinion she wasn't going to return.

At the same time Trunks informed them about many things related to time travel, or his discoveries since he was still new to this, and how going further back to stop the androids from being activated wouldn't affect this world, which Gohan was able to understand, even though he knew Bulma, Twilight, and Towa would be the same as well.

"I'm still not sure why things have changed so much... is it because of Twilight and Towa's presence?" Trunks inquired, as it seemed odd for those two to be here, in fact they weren't in his timeline at all, which only made him wonder about them, though he also suspected that it might be that Twilight and her mother left before the androids wrecked everything in his time, hence why his mother never talked about them while he had been too young to remember them at all.

"Well, you have nothing to fret over... I'm just grateful that you came back and saved Goku's life." Chi-Chi said, because to her that was more important, keeping her husband alive, even though she knew that he'd do something about the threat they were facing, he always seemed to have a plan, though she was going to have words with him about Gohan's studies once he was cured, "Oh, we should probably tell Bulma what's going on as well."

Krillin, Gohan, and Trunks glanced at each other as Yamcha focused on driving the vehicle, as they agreed with Chi-Chi on this matter, to which they decided that Krillin would be the one to call her, causing him to sigh as he slipped into the side seat and picked up the phone, calling Bulma without any delay.

"Krillin?! What's going on... are you guys alright?" Bulma asked, showing that she was concerned for her friends, since she had heard nothing from them since her vehicle had been wrecked by Gero and Gohan had carried her and her baby to safety, including Yajirobe when she thought about it, "Where are you calling from? I figured that Gohan would have come back by now and I tried calling Goku's place, but no one was answering."

"Yeah, about that, we're moving him to Roshi's for the time being, since there are more androids than what we thought and we need a new plan of attack." Krillin replied, even though he, personally, thought that they could just ignore the androids and focus on whatever the real threat was, because it sure didn't seem like they were as evil as they were told.

"Good to know. Now, is my grown up son from the future with you?" Bulma inquired, something that interested the group, as it usually meant she had some sort of news for someone and Krillin instantly switched the communicator to a speaker, so everyone could hear her and reply to whatever she had to say, "Listen, someone out in the provincial area called us not that long ago and said that he found a strange vehicle that he was interested in claiming, so he called us to figure out how to get it to start, only for us to discover that he had no idea what model it was. Of course we were worried he might be trying to pull a fast one on us and asked if it really was one of our vehicles, where he said that it had the Capsule Corp logo on it and he even agreed to send us a picture... get this, it's a picture of the time machine that you came back in, and it's even taken some damage along the way."

"But... that's impossible. I have the time machine in it's capsule." Trunks said, in fact he even pulled out the container that held the capsules his mother had given him, a container that could hold three even though he only had two items, the first being his time machine and the other being his mini refrigerator, though as he said that Bulma sent over the picture, only for shock to appear on his face as he stared at another time machine, "There's no mistaking it... that's a time machine, nearly identical to the one I used to come back to this era... and before anyone asks, my mother was only able to make the one in our era. Where in the world did he find this?"

Bulma informed them that the man who took the picture said it was near Section 1050 West, where Trunks declared that he needed to see it for himself and see what sort of information it might possess, while Gohan and Bulma said they'd come as well, just to help him check it out. Of course Chi-Chi was worried that something bad might happen to her son, but both he and Trunks told her it would be fine, there was nothing dangerous in that direction, causing her to pull back as they opened the door and flew outside, allowing Yamcha to continue towards Roshi's as they headed elsewhere. While they flew Trunks answered the questions that Gohan had for him, about how bad the future was, the death and destruction that his pair of androids had caused, and the overall feeling of hopelessness that many of the survivors felt as many prayed for something to come and deal with the androids. His true reason for coming back this time around was to join the battle with Goku and the others so he could learn the weaknesses of 17 and 18, the ones who were wrecking his era, and if they could find some sort of blueprints it might help them take the androids down in both eras.

Trunks even had to wonder if there was a device that Gero had created to control the pair, or maybe turn them off, but for the time being he shelved that thought as they reached the area that the other time machine was resting in, and it wasn't long before Gohan spotted it, allowing them to fly down to where it was resting. As he looked at it Bulma arrived not too long after they did, where Trunks pulled out his time machine's capsule and activated it, allowing them to see that the machine was a near perfect replica of the one he had been using the entire time. He also brushed off some moss on the damaged one and found that it, too, had the word 'Hope' written on one of the engines, something his own mother had written on it just before he traveled back to this era, meaning that, against all odds, it was another one invented by his mother. He, of course, knew that such a thing was impossible, given that his mother was only able to make the one, so he was confused as to why there was another one in this era and close to where they had been passing through, though as all of them thought about what it might mean Gohan investigated the glass and he slowly opened the hatch.

As he climbed inside, however, he found two halves of a purple spiked egg or sphere of some kind, something he was sure none of them had seen before this point, which he handed over to Gohan and his mother, who both confirmed that it had to be an egg of some type.

"You don't think that whatever made this hole came out of the egg, do you?" Gohan asked, because that seemed to be the picture that was being painted right now, something must have come back or had been sent back in time by someone, for what purpose he had no idea, and whatever that was had likely damaged the time machine.

"I have no idea... let me check the systems." Trunks replied, where he slipped down into the chair and looked at the couple of consoles his mother had told him to study before he even used the machine for the first time, to be sure nothing went wrong when he finally used it to travel back to this era, only for surprise to appear on his face once more, "The fuel level is down to almost zero... in fact it's at less than a percent... and according to this reading this time machine arrived from... Age 788?! That's three years into the future, at least from my own era... and it arrived in this era four years ago... no way, it had been in this era for a full year before I even arrived to warn you about the androids."

Trunks had a feeling that he had discovered why things were so strange in this timeline, something had come back to this era and was messing things up more than he had, causing him to wonder what was going to happen next as he continued to study the time machine and it's strange mysteries.


After finally creating a new form, and succeeding in that venture, Twilight returned to the hidden lab that Gero had created, where she showed her mother the way and they both agreed on one thing, there was no way they were leaving this behind for someone to destroy. Towa had the idea to recall the rest of the drones, as most of them were still out there, somewhere in the world, though that was only stage one, as she was thinking of moving the entire lab into their mountain home, since it was large enough to accommodate the entirety of the lab. Such a thing meant that they had to wait for all of the drones to return to the lab, though as Twilight tapped into the computer in question, taking a look at most of the systems that had been installed inside it before Gero's death, she felt two things happen. The first seemed to be a fairly large number of small Ki signatures disappearing in the span of a few moments, like a city was being attacked, before she felt Piccolo's Ki change, as if he had done something to make himself stronger all of a sudden.

She and her mother glanced at each other for a moment, as both of them had felt the same thing, before she got up and headed outside, leaving the lab work to her mother while she checked out what was going on, where Twilight landed in a city on the way and found that there was a news broadcast about what was going on.

Gingertown, which was located near West City, was under attack by some unknown figure, as the people had vanished without a trace and the only thing left was all of their clothing, though those who had been sent to investigate claimed that most of the citizens were gone. What she found to be interesting was that even the Beastians were gone, as usually they were left alone when a threat to the planet attacked, or at least Bulma informed her of that when she listened to what all of the Z Warriors tackled before the events of Namek. Such a thing made her take a few moments to wonder what was going on, especially since her senses informed her that so many people were dying right now, while she could see that everyone was shocked by what was going on, since they didn't have enough information to go on. There was also a growing Ki signature, an amalgamation of people she had encountered so far and included most of her family, which annoyed her to no end since she had a feeling she knew whose creation it was, near the area that the others were disappearing in, causing her to get a move on.

Twilight was able to reach the city in question in no time at all, where she heard a bunch of gunfire and found that most of the survivors were slain, due to all of the scattered clothing since the beast devoured everything about those it attacked, causing her to land near the figure that had caught her interest.

"So, you're the one I've been sensing recently." Twilight remarked, staring at the figure in question, a tall green being who looked like a cross between an insect and a humanoid, with insectoid horns that resembled her father's base form just a bit, segmented armor, a beak-like mouth, three toed feet and three fingered hands, strange wings like a beetle, and a tail that had a stinger at the end, "Let me guess: Gero's computer in the basement lab made you?"

"Correct. You must be this era's Twilight Sparkle." the figure replied, where Twilight found that he was currently stabbing a person in the back, as the man was drained of everything inside them while leaving his clothing behind, showing that the tail had another purpose, to give the beast nutrients so he could grow, "I am Cell, and I came back to this era to achieve my perfect form, which involves finding and absorbing two very special creations..."

"17 and 18, right?" Twilight inquired, because she could tell, by looking at the blueprints in the lab she had found, that the two were incredibly important to everything Gero had been planning, especially given their energy cores and the fact that they possessed infinite energy, which anyone could make use of if they knew how to use them, causing Cell to pause for a few seconds as he listened to her talk, "Based on what I've seen so far you have been carefully absorbing the bioenergy of people to satiate yourself and gather the power that will allow you to stand up to the other two androids. Of course taking out an entire city's worth of people will no doubt catch the attention of the Z Warriors, especially since it caught my eye not all that long ago... in fact, it feels like a few of them are already on the move. I'm actually surprised that you even took down the people who were in the middle of enjoying their various TF Foods, since their DNA is unstable due to ingesting some of my product."

"You are correct, they are my final targets... it seems that the tales about you are accurate: you are smarter than most of the Z Warriors." Cell said, showing that he was familiar with her and how she went about her life, which had her wonder what his era was like, given that he knew of her and Future Trunks didn't, "As for the Beastians and the semi-beastians, it matters little if they're in the middle of transforming or not, as the stinger at the end of my tail allows me to digest every type of person in the world, with no exceptions. Now, I must ask: are you going to stand in my way, or are you going to let me pass without any trouble?"

"Oh, you can go about your business... I'm just observing the Z Warriors as they deal with the androids, or fail to since the pair beat them earlier." Twilight said, though as she said that she had to wonder just how strong Cell could become once he absorbed both of the androids he was looking for, as he was strong now and there was no telling how much stronger he would become, something that caused her to chuckle, "You know, with your strength it'll likely cause Goku, Vegeta, and a few of the other Z Warriors to improve themselves... I can't wait to see what happens next."

Cell seemed surprised by this information, that Goku was alive and that the androids hadn't beaten Vegeta to death, even if Twilight felt that they were welcome to do so if they decided to do so, though before either of them could do anything else they were interrupted by Piccolo landing nearby.

"Twilight, I should have known you would beat me here." Piccolo remarked, not that he was even surprised anymore, as she was far better than everyone else when it came to sensing energy, she was even better than Goku in that regard, meaning she had to know of his merging with Kami, or at least the boost to his Ki that he got from such a thing, "Tell me, can you take this thing down before it kills more people?"

"I mean, I probably can in a second. The real question is this: why should I? After all, I told you that I was only interested in observing you guys fight the androids." Twilight replied, where she noted that it seemed like his personality might have been altered a little since the last time she saw him, making her wonder what in the world he had done in such a short period of time, before focusing on the rest of her thoughts, "Besides, I've gotten my wish on the Dragon Balls, so I have no real reason to help you out. So I'll ask again: why should I change my mind?"

"Because he's killing people... and it's the right thing to do!" Piccolo stated, because while he knew that she didn't like him and all of the other Z Warriors, he had to thank Kami for talking sense into him before they merged into a single being, he was hoping that she'd do something to protect the world she was calling home.

"Piccolo Daimao is worried about people? You must have affected him more than I thought, since this is different from my own era." Cell commented, where he couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing for him and his plans, though if Twilight remained neutral there was a chance he'd find his targets in no time, as he knew that she was likely the best foe to test his perfect form on.

"Oh, I haven't changed anyone... they've done that themselves." Twilight said, as she was only going to take credit for such a thing if she had actually had a hand in changing someone, because she assumed Gohan was responsible for what had happened to Piccolo's personality, before she considered her own words for a few seconds, "Okay, maybe I changed how my father and mother, plus uncle and grandfather, went about things, but everyone on Earth is, for the most part, just the same as before. Also, 'right thing to do'? Need I remind you, Piccolo, that I'm the daughter of the Emperor of the Cosmos and one of the most powerful Demons in the entire universe, the latter being so powerful that she was likely the second in command under Mechikabura, the Dark King, himself? The 'right thing to do' is whatever I want, whenever I want, as there is no one in this world that has the power to stand up to me and my power... hence why I'm simply observing Cell while I figure out what my next move might be."

With that said she jumped backwards and landed on the roof of a nearby building, allowing her to glance down at the pair, which was when Cell revealed his hand by summoning his Ki, breaking the ground around him as Twilight confirmed that he held the signatures of several different individuals inside his body. Piccolo, however, demanded to know what was going on, since he didn't have Twilight's knowledge of who was in front of them right now, and when Cell refused to say anything the Namekian informed him that he would perish here, before calling up his own Ki as he released a burst of energy that was more like a outwards blast. Twilight didn't bother to shield herself from what was going on, she could tell at a glance that this was more of a measuring contest between the two fighters, as Cell had shown his power and now it was Piccolo's turn to do the same thing, though she did note that Cell was surprised by this turn of events. In the following moment the Namekian gathered more of his power and actually blasted his foe with a powerful Ki blast, where this time Twilight shielded herself as the blast tore apart the entirety of the city, leaving nothing but rubble behind in certain places, though she found some of his energy coming at her and devoured it without moving at all.

Other than that the attack produced a shockwave that rocked the atmosphere, where Twilight was sure that the androids and the Z Warriors had felt it, before even sensing it, though Cell showed that he was durable as he emerged from part of the wreckage with minimal damage done to him. Instead of rushing at his foe, however, Cell burst into the air and stared at Piccolo for a time, where he raised two of his fingers to his head, causing Twilight to realize that he was preparing the attack that had pierced her back on Namek, the 'Special Beam Cannon' as Piccolo called it. Such a thing surprised Piccolo, since this was a move that only he knew how to perform, before Cell fired it right at it's creator, who stood there with shock on his face for a few seconds before swinging his right arm to deflect the attack. Of course it ended up rushing towards where Twilight was floating, not that she was worried about such a thing as she devoured the attack without even moving, though this did cause Piccolo to consider what was going on before the pair rushed at each other.

After that the two clashed as Twilight floated nearby, where she found that Cell went on the offensive and swung at his foe, while Piccolo dodged his attacks and displayed his greater speed before spinning and kicking Cell in the backside, which was able to knock him towards the ground. Twilight frowned as she took in his enhanced power, as he was unable to stand up to 17 not that long ago, maybe just an hour or two based on her observations, and yet here he was, standing up to someone who was far stronger than the rest of the Z Warriors. In that moment she recalled what had been said when they arrived on Earth after the Namekian Eternal Dragon brought everyone, save for her father and Goku, to the planet, Dende had said that Piccolo had merged with another member of his kind, Nail she believed, and Krillin had mentioned that Kami happened to be one as well. As the pair battled Twilight realized something, Piccolo had assimilated the other Namekian to gain a power boost so he could stand up to the androids and the new threat he had discovered, though it meant that the Dragon Balls no longer existed, which would likely annoy his friends.

Piccolo kept asking questions, about who had sent Cell back in time with that time machine, surprising Twilight since this was the first time she had heard of a second one, before finding that Cell had no desire to answer his questions as he charged a Kamehameha, judging by the movements he was making. Twilight could tell that it was more of a diversion, since it held a lot less power than what she had experienced in the past, though as Piccolo dodged the attack it struck the ground, which was Cell's target, kicking up a lot of smoke in the process. That was when Cell played his hand, attacking Piccolo from behind as his foe's vision was obstructed by the destruction his attack had produced, where he grabbed onto his foe with his arms and legs wrapped around him, surprising the Namekian in the process. In the next moment his tail rushed right at Piccolo's chest, intending on stabbing him to drain all of his bio-energy, where Piccolo was able to turn ever so slightly and let it stab his left arm, which started to shrivel up as it started to drink his energy, but before Cell could get too far along he was headbutted by his foe, who he dropped.

Twilight watched as Piccolo huffed as he landed nearby, his left arm entirely useless based on what she could see, though at the same time she knew of the Namekian's ability to regenerate limbs, so he had something in mind since he hadn't pulled the ruined one off yet. Cell, on the other hand, was pleased with this turn of events and informed Piccolo that this was his end, since he wouldn't be able to fight with his wrecked arm, but before Piccolo allowed himself to be devoured he tried once more to ask for more information, causing Cell to stop in his tracks. In the end he decided to go with it, since it was more for Twilight to better understand him and his goals, even if she had guessed them outright, as he told Piccolo of his name, the fact that he was made by Gero's computer, and went into detail about how he was created, using the cells of the greatest warriors available. Due to the amount of time needed for the research the computer was left to continue the work, with cells being collected from all of the various battles that had taken place, especially from the Saiyan attack and the arrival of Frieza's family, before revealing the existence of the drones to Piccolo, even if he was surprised that there wasn't one here to see this battle.

Cell even admitted that it would take twenty-four years before he was fully constructed and explained that he had taken three years to go from an egg, to a larval form, before reaching this form again, before revealing that he was after 17 and 18, the keys to his final perfect form.

"Honestly, I have no idea how the Trunks of my timeline was able to beat the androids, but he was able to." Cell stated, as he sounded annoyed by that fact, and Twilight couldn't blame him when she considered his goals in life, before he let out a chuckle, no doubt remembering how he killed the Saiyan in question, "He was, however, in possession of a time machine and I used it to come back to this era... why this one, well, the machine was set for this era and all I did was press a button to activate it. Anyway, I was told that I would obtain unimaginable power if I absorbed the androids, though it is hard to say why I desire such power... maybe it's my Saiyan DNA, or maybe it's the Frieza side of me..."

"You know he's faking to get all this information out of you, right?" Twilight asked, because Cell had revealed a lot to the Namekian he was planning on devouring, who was clearly faking his defeat so he could figure out what was going on right now, and with that information under his belt it was only a matter of time until he attacked.

"Even so, the information was for you, Twilight." Cell remarked, as he knew most of the skills and techniques he was able to use, meaning he knew what the people his DNA was drawn from were capable of, so he was talking to help Twilight out, where Piccolo growled as he removed his ruined arm and a new one burst out to replace it.

In the following moment Future Trunks and Krillin landed nearby, where Cell refused to fight three on one as he lifted up into the air and released a Solar Flare on Piccolo's group, though Twilight was smart enough to look away before he was able to release it, allowing him to flee while she smiled and looked forward to what the future held for this world.

PreviousChapters Next