• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,988 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,988

PreviousChapters Next
Cell: Island Battle

Piccolo stared at the television screen as he thought about the last couple of days, the fact that they had tried, and failed, to track down Cell and stop him from devouring more people, meaning his power had to be staggering and that the time he spent merging with Kami might have been a waste. Yamcha had offered the idea to fly using one of the capsule ships, the very same he, Chi-Chi, Krillin, and Gohan used to transport Goku to Roshi's place, and when they tried it Cell had devoured the entirety of the city he had been attacking and moved without them being able to get halfway to their destination. Gohan had joined them at one point, because he wanted to do more than just sit around and do nothing, but for the most part it seemed like there was nothing they could do to catch up with Cell, as he seemed to be one step ahead of them at all times, much to their annoyance. The only one who seemed to have any luck figuring out where he was and getting there in record time was Twilight, as Piccolo discovered her at every location that Cell attacked, though even with that in mind she missed Cell as well.

Of course Piccolo considered the fact that she was helping Cell out, but dismissed the idea entirely, as she would have no doubt done them in to give Cell a power boost if that was the case, meaning their foe was far more clever than he gave him credit for.

During one of their flights, however, Goku appeared in the ship and informed them that he was planning on taking Gohan, Vegeta, and Trunks to a special place where they could get a whole year's worth of training done in a single day, which Piccolo, thanks to Kami's knowledge, knew to be the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It was also called the Room of Spirit and Time, though in all honesty he didn't think the name mattered, the concept was that one or two people could enter it at a time and train, where one day in Earth's time would be one year inside the chamber, and he had to remind Goku that he had been unable to survive more than a month's time, back when he was a kid. Still, the Saiyan was determined to use it and he had wished the warrior and his son well, since this might be the key to overwhelming Cell, while he and the others quickly returned to Roshi's so they could check the news, to keep an eye on Cell's movements. What was annoying was that Cell let himself be seen on the cameras before killing the cameramen, taunting Piccolo and the Z Warriors because he knew they wouldn't be able to catch up with him, so there was nothing they could do but watch the news and feel more faint Ki signatures fading.

In fact it was nearly one day into the training on the Lookout, almost four days after the event Trunks had warned them all about, that Piccolo found that their time on Roshi's small island came to an end, as he was the one watching the news as the others slept, only for him to be bothered by the sound of a group landing outside, the three androids that had been awakened not that long ago.

"Yo! Is Son Goku here?" 17 inquired, where Piccolo was surprised by their arrival, since he had no idea that Gero knew that this island even existed, even with the aid of the little drones that Cell had mentioned back in Gingertown, though he was more surprised by the fact that 18 had the ears and tail of a donkey while 17 was mostly dragon at this point.

"One moment." Piccolo stated, though in that moment he turned towards the slumbering warriors and got ready to raise his voice a little, but as he did that he had no idea if this was a good thing or a bad thing, especially since he was the only one right now who might be able to tangle with the androids, one on one anyway, "Get up, we have visitors."

"17, 18, it does not appear that Goku is here." 16 remarked, something that Piccolo took note of as the Z Warriors woke up to see that the androids were outside, while at the same time Roshi and Chi-Chi were likely looking from the second floor, but this did tell Piccolo that one of the androids had a power radar.

"Indeed, Goku is not here. You might as well leave." Piccolo replied, though knowing the androids he suspected that they might be in the mood for a fight and would no doubt lash out at them for wasting their time, even though he knew that if he told them where to find Goku it would ruin the plan that the Saiyan had come up with.

"No, you know something, don't you?" 17 commented, where 18 simply stared at Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien as they joined Piccolo outside the house, even though it was clear that all of them were afraid of the fact that they were here, where his statement was due to the fact that these were Goku's allies, meaning they had to know something, especially since 16's radar couldn't pinpoint his location, "However, if you decide to withhold the information from us, I'll force you to tell us what we want to know."

"Is that so? Well then, there are a number of uninhabited islands over in that direction... the perfect battleground so we don't endanger others." Piccolo said, gesturing off to the right with a finger, indicating where they should go for a time, all while wondering if he'd be able to do anything against all three of them, as before his power up he couldn't do anything to 17, so there was a chance that his life would end if he did this, "Krillin, you and the others should stay here, since they're too strong for you, but that's all I have to say on the matter... if you follow us, and something happens to you, well, that's on you."

As he expected Krillin was the only one to actually step forward as he flew away from Roshi's place, followed by the three androids, though it didn't take them long to land on the island that Piccolo had picked out, as it was a good distance from Roshi's and allowed them some room to fight.

"Just so you know, I'll definitely kill you this time around." 17 said, though at the same time he noted that Krillin had no intentions to fight with the other warrior, who was removing his extra attire so he could fight with ease, because the short warrior was standing near 18 and 16, the former sitting on a rock to watch them as 16 observed the surrounding area, no doubt looking for a few birds to observe.

"Just you? Very well, a one-on-one is fine with me." Piccolo remarked, as this was a good turn of events, because if he was able to wipe out just one android it would prevent Cell from being able to obtain his perfect form, and depending on how much power he had left he might be able to kill all three before their true foe found them, before he noticed Twilight float down to where they were standing and land near the androids, "How did you find us so quickly?"

"I was planning on visiting Roshi's, since I figured some of you would be there, then I saw you making your way here and followed after you." Twilight replied, which wasn't exactly the truth, her mother had been keeping an eye on things for her while she did her work and had warned her ahead of time that Piccolo would be meeting the androids soon, though this was the only time she was planning on doing this, before she glanced at the transformed android, "Hey, 17, are you enjoying your new form?"

"Are you kidding?! I love how all of this feels!" 17 said, where Piccolo got the feeling that he was drunk on power, which meant that Krillin might have been right to seek the form of a dragon before discovering the cost he would have to pay for it, while he shifted his stance to show them that he was ready for a fight, "Not to mention that I've got the rest of the cake that did this, so I'm one step away from a full transformation... even if it's temporary, since we don't have any of the pills you made that would allow one to make their changes permanent."

In that moment Piccolo, taking advantage of the fact that 17 was somewhat distracted, summoned his Ki and found that 16 understood that he had fused with Kami, or at the very least knew that his energy was no longer the same as what his information claimed it was. Since he even mentioned it, shocking the other two androids even though 18 seemed to be in the middle of talking to Krillin about something, Piccolo took advantage of the opening and rushed forward, getting right behind his foe and elbowed him in the back of the head. He found that his foe was much tougher now, thanks to the new scales and muscles that had been empowered by his new form, even though 17 staggered forward after his attack and he lashed out without delay, jumping and thrusting out with his left foot to kick the android to the ground. Unfortunately his next attack was stopped before it even began as he found that 17 had full control over his new tail, as the android grinned as he swung it and knocked Piccolo's feet out from under him with a swift attack, meaning he had to be careful since his foe was learning all sorts of new movements.

With that done 17 went on the offensive without wasting time, as Piccolo had shown him that his strength was greater than before and it interested him, where he found that the android's power was greater than it had been last time, likely due to his beastification, or whatever Twilight called this process. Both 17's punches and kicks were tougher than before, in fact Piccolo was sure that if he had been human his body would have been bruised from the ordeal, to the point where he was positive that the heavy strikes would have broken bones, and he had to be mindful of his foe's new tail and both of his wings. His reasoning for that was due to the fact that 17 used one to lash out at him, like he was trying to uppercut him or something, or maybe like a shield to counter his attacks, though he was able to knock the android back onto his rear as he slipped a punch through his defenses, striking him in the face to do so. This time he wasted no time in gathering some of his energy as the android struck the ground, as he released a powerful Ki blast to try and wipe him out, which did blast half of the island to pieces in the process, only for him to frown as he found that 17 had jumped into the air to survive, so his attack had done nothing.

He did, however, consider the fact that Twilight was nearby, meaning she could have teleported the android into the air to keep the fight going for a time, but he just grinned as he gathered his Ki and started to hurl blasts into the air around his opponent, where Twilight found that they hung in the air surrounding 17, who stopped dodging once he noticed that none of them were actually aimed at him.

"Now, drop dead! Hellzone Grenade!" Piccolo shouted, where he shifted his stance by gesturing to 17 with his hands, while at the same time commanding the floating spheres to turn purple and light up the sky, something that surprised most of those who were watching the fight.

Twilight, on the other hand, noticed that as the energy blasts rushed towards 17, intending to blow him to pieces within a few seconds, an energy barrier surrounded 17 as he was shrouded from Piccolo's sight, causing her to make no motions as she added a layer over the shield. Such a thing allowed her to siphon the attack as the sky lit up, while the ground was destroyed due to the shockwave that was released after the blasts struck their target, because she left just enough power in the orbs to convince Piccolo and everyone else that everything was alright. As such she and the androids, plus Krillin since he was hanging out here, had to move into the air to avoid getting caught in the shockwave, but she was interested in the fact that this would no doubt bring Cell flying to their location, which she kept to herself. Twilight figured that this would be far more entertaining if she kept their foe's arrival a secret from Piccolo, as it might result in some fun and some energy for her to siphon, but she did focus on the fight as she wondered what else the pair had up their sleeves.

Piccolo, on the other had, was surprised to find that his foe emerged from the blast zone and that a green barrier with a bit of lightning arcing from one point to another, meaning he must have used it to tank his attack, something that made him wonder if it was a one time thing or if he should be expecting to see it more often.

"Aw, that's too bad... you were so close to actually hurting me." 17 remarked, where Twilight noticed that he had no idea that she had added a nearly invisibly layer of magic to his barrier to siphon Piccolo's worthless attack, even if it had a cool name, meaning he felt secure in the fact that his ability had done the work for him, even though he focused on another aspect of their fight, "Unfortunately, someone blew up the island, meaning we have to move to another one to continue... unless you'd rather tell me about Son Goku's whereabouts and save yourself the trouble?"

"I wouldn't count on it, most of the Z Warriors are in the dark about Goku's location... even I don't know where he is, which shows you how much they trust me." Twilight commented, though while she suspected that Piccolo did, in fact, know the location that the Saiyan in question was hiding in, she was playing it like Goku had just left and told no one where he was going, and she could see that the Namekian was pleased with her actions.

17 sighed as he asked Piccolo if he was willing to tell him where Goku was, even if it was in the right direction, but, as they expected, he refused to tell them anything about Goku, while Krillin kept quite and found that, for the most part, he was ignored by the three androids, even if 18 let him stand near her. In the next moment he turned to his sister and did what Twilight was expecting, he took the last piece of the TF Food he had been devouring for some time and quickly ate the rest of it, where he staggered back as his last change washed over the android. Piccolo watched as 17's face pushed out while scales washed over the new muzzle that was growing in, though in addition to that his teeth sharpened, becoming more like a predator's teeth, while his eyes became slits and his hair disappeared in no time. Twilight knew that if he had done this by using the original form of Animorphaline it would have been an instant and permanent transformation, but with Animorph X this was still temporary, and if he wanted to make it his true form he would need to ingest a red pill that was designed to do such a thing.

With that done 17 let out a roar, releasing a shockwave that surprised Piccolo and Krillin, before he turned around as both he and his foe shifted their stances as they got close to each other, showing that they were going to continue their battle now that he was finished with his dragon transformation.

The two stood there for a moment, clearly watching the other as they thought about what moves to use next, before 17 threw the first punch and struck Piccolo square in his jaw, causing him to stagger backward for a moment as he regained himself and lashed out with his own attack, missing the transformed android. Twilight found that 17 wasn't playing around anymore, as previously he was just trying to be nice and spare Piccolo so he could get the information he desired, but now that was no longer a thing as he lashed out at the Namekian and his foe replied in kind. What happened next was a series of punches and kicks as the two moved all over every inch of the island, where 17 was displaying the full strength of his new form while Piccolo, despite that fact, kept pace with him and even pressured the dragon android, to the point where both ended up delivering powerful punches to the other's chest. She, on the other hand, was fascinated by what it was like to fight someone with infinite energy, meaning infinite Ki and infinite stamina, and as soon as Piccolo went down she was planning on jumping in, because while she wasn't going to kill them she wanted to fight either 17 or 18, maybe even 16 as she thought about it.

In the end, however, she knew it wasn't meant to be, as Cell arrived in the area and she could see him watching the pair as he waited for an opening to appear, in fact she was the only one who seemed to know he was here, something that caught Piccolo's attention after he and 17 paused for a few seconds.

"What the hell is going on? Who is this strange looking fellow?" 17 remarked, though it confirmed something for Twilight and the others, he and his sister, not to mention 16 for that matter, had no idea who Cell was and that he was here to absorb two of them to obtain his perfect form.

"Wh... What have you done to yourself, 17?!" Cell asked, showing that he was surprised by what he was seeing right now, as he wasn't expecting the two androids to bother with such a thing in the first place, though at the same time he was less impressed by 18's donkey additions.

"He partook of some Dragon Chili Trifle, enough to give him a full dragon form." Twilight answered, where Cell glanced at her for a few moments, clearly debating whether or not she was actually on his side or if she'd turn against him, since she was near the androids he was after, but for now she focused on explaining things to him as Piccolo told the androids what he knew about Cell, "Of course, with that in mind, you'll either have to wait for the transformations to disappear on their own... 17's got an entire day left, since he just ingested the rest of the treat that did this, and 18's got about ten hours left on her transformation... or you can go find some cancellation pills to use. The question is, can you afford to let them out of your sight?"

Cell knew what she was talking about, the androids didn't have a Ki signature and that meant it would be impossible to find them again if he left to track down a city that actually had some of her odd food in stock, since they'd have the pills as well, causing him to focus on the pair he was interested in.

"You are right, I cannot afford to lose them again... I'll just have to injure them in some manner before retrieving some of the cancellation pills." Cell remarked, though at the same time he held his arms up and started to call forth his energy, as this would intimidate Piccolo into standing down so he could focus on beating down the androids, where he let out enough force to shatter the large boulder he had been standing on until he jumped down to talk with them.

With that done Cell lashed out at 17, finding that while the android's body was tougher than he expected, no doubt due to his transformed body, he was still stronger than his target, meaning he wouldn't have to worry about 18 or the android she was standing near, one he didn't recognize, and he was able to grab 17's wrist to slam him into the ground.

"So, um, would this be a bad time to mention that I still have my pills from when I got my tail?" Krillin commented, though he made sure Cell was preoccupied in his fight with 17 and Piccolo, the latter having jumped in to do something, anything, to stop the monster from achieving his goal, meaning they shouldn't be able to hear his words, "I let the transformation wear out on it's own, but I still have the two pills I was given after my purchase."

Twilight said nothing to that as she noticed that Cell had, in fact, turned his head a little as he heard that, confirming that he had Piccolo's DNA inside him and that he likely had the Namekian's sense of hearing, even if Piccolo made no move after Krillin uttered his statement. In the next moment she decided to step forward and joined the fight, where everyone stopped what they were doing as she walked away from the androids, no doubt wondering what she was going to do and who she was going to hit first. She was, of course, surprised that Krillin wasn't more careful with his words, in fact he knew of the fact that Cell was comprised of the DNA of the galaxy's greatest warriors, or most of them since her DNA wasn't in the mix, but she decided not to say anything about it as she focused on her target. Once she got close enough, however, she shifted her stance and threw a punch, the signal that the battle was back on as she found everyone else resuming the actions they had been in the middle of before she started moving towards the bio-android.

Piccolo found that he and 17 couldn't match Cell's new power, his speed and strength were off the charts thanks to those he had absorbed before this point, but the most shocking part was that Twilight was able to stand before him, reminding him of the fact that she was Frieza's daughter, a being of unparalleled might and potential, only to find that Cell was happy to clash with her. As they threw punches at each other, causing the ground to shake a little in the process, Piccolo came up with an idea to take down Cell while he was distracted by his foe, an attack that would use up most of his remaining Ki to blast half of the island apart, but, if he fired it right at Cell's unprotected back, it might succeed in wiping him out. He took a moment to glance at 17, who seemed to have his own idea on what to do next since Cell wasn't focused on them right now, rather the monster's golden aura and Twilight's dark aura seemed to be dancing around each other as they clashed, a sure sign of two fierce warriors engaging each other. Piccolo also knew that this was a gamble on his part, as Vegeta had said that Twilight had the power to absorb Ki, in fact they had seen it once back when she was revived, but he was going to have to risk it and hope that Cell had no information on her abilities.

With his decision made Piccolo brought his hands together in front of him, the fingertips touching as he kept his palms away from each other, before calling forth most of his Ki as the area around him shook, where 17 and the others quickly made sure they were off to the side as he prepared himself.

"Eat this! Light Grenade!" Piccolo stated, where he thrust his hands out towards his target and released the energy that he had gathered, producing a yellow blast that rushed right towards where Cell and Twilight were fighting, one that would produce a massive cover that would shroud part of the island, the section his target was on, and, hopefully, kill Cell while most of his focus was on his foe.

Sure enough his attack blasted the area his target was in, wiping out everything in front of him in the process, though at the same time 17 loosed a trio of blue Ki blasts that separated from each other and quickly slammed into the same area from three different sides, while Krillin, working up the nerve to assist them, loosed a Destructo Disc straight into the smoke, as he wanted to make sure Cell was truly dead.

"Aren't you being a little too reckless?" Twilight asked, where Piccolo, Krillin, and the androids found that she had raised a hand towards them and was now lowering it, where it looked like Cell had maneuvered her around to try and force her to take their attacks, forcing her to siphon them to avoid taking any damage, though Piccolo sweated a little as he realized that all they did was make her even stronger, "I mean, if I hadn't been paying attention, all those attacks could have done some damage, even if you succeeded in blowing away part of the island."

"Also, surprise!" another voice said, which was the moment that they found that Cell was in the air and that he loosed his own blasts down at the ground, covering the entire area in smoke since he didn't want to kill either of his targets, though as Piccolo and the others braced themselves Twilight knew exactly what would happen next.

In the next moment Cell grabbed Krillin by the face and slammed him into the ground, ducking down to avoid a swing that came from 18, showing that she was more aware than he thought, before he quickly patted the fighter down and found a small pack in his right pocket, containing two purple pills. With those in hand Cell tossed Krillin away before focusing on his targets, where he turned on 18 first, she was the closest to him right now, and tore open the pack so he could grab one of the cancellation pills, as he grabbed her by the mouth and shoved it in, forcing her to swallow the pill against her will. It took a couple of seconds to work, just like Twilight had told him when she mentioned the small purple items in question, but 18 lost all of her unwanted donkey features, returning her to her pristine form in no time at all, though instead of him absorbing her right away Cell focused on her brother. Of course he had to move fast, as the smoke was clearing faster than he thought it would, so he blasted the ground a few more times and did his best to separate 17 from Piccolo, though as he did that 17 struck him hard in his chest and he dropped the pack, causing the other android to wipe it out before the pill could be used against him.

Piccolo decided to go on the offensive at that point and blasted Cell with most of his remaining energy, to no effect as the bio-android punched the Namekian hard enough to break his neck and knocked him to the ground in a matter of seconds, causing him to chuckle a little as he picked his fallen foe up.

"It seems that I don't know my own strength anymore... we really have to finish our fight, Twilight." Cell remarked, though at the same time he blasted Piccolo in the chest, because he wasn't important anymore since he had merged with Kami, and then tossed him into the water as he turned towards the androids he was here to absorb, all while Twilight kept an eye on him, "Now then, shall we continue to needlessly fight? Or will you willingly submit?"

In the end it was futile resistance, as 17 attacked him again and Cell knocked him into the ground, where his tail stalled for a moment as the tip started to widen, because when he found his targets he would grasp them with this specific function and devour them, but before he could do anything 16 tapped his shoulder and punched him in the face. The force was just enough to send him flying and drop 17, where the android informed them that he would deal with this foe, as by his calculations they were equal in strength, though Goku would have to wait for another day. Twilight watched as the pair clashed by headbutting each other before Cell knocked 16 away with a punch and then lashed out with his tail, hitting his foe in the neck, but, since he was purely metal, there was nothing for Cell to suck away and 16 grabbed onto the tail so he could lift the creature into the air before hurling him into the floor. In the following moment she was able to confirm that he had Piccolo's cells inside him, as 16 tore off half his tail and Cell was able to regrow it in seconds, before he knocked the android around like he was a simple toy, at least until 16 revealed that he could launch his fists like rockets.

Such a thing allowed him to hit Cell square in the face, stunning him so the android could flash forward and reattach his hand, before grabbing onto his foe and hurling him right into the ground, creating a deep hole as he detached both hands this time and pointed them at the hole, transforming his inner energy into a powerful Ki blast that barreled into Cell while also blasting the underside of the island to pieces, though the island itself remained intact.

"'Hell's Flash', eh? An oddly appropriate name." Twilight commented, though as she said that the androids argued about the fact that 17 and 18 should run while 16 dealt with Cell, while the pair told him there was nothing to worry about, but it was in vain as Cell emerged from one of the holes and clamped his open tail mouth down on 17.

As Cell started to drag him into his tail, to devour him and obtain his next form, he discovered that it might have been a bad idea to do so while 17 was in his transformed state, as 17 had the bright idea to spread his wings and stop the rest of the tail from chowing down on him. In addition to that he started to thrash about with his own tail, hitting the bio-android to the best of his ability as 16 and 18 started to move so they could stop what was going on right now, causing Cell to turn for a moment and release a wave of energy that carved up the ground between them. He was stalling for time, that much Twilight could tell at a glance, causing him to slam his tail into whatever was around him as he fought against 17 and his wings, a feature he hadn't been expecting and was now paying the price for trying to absorb him. In the end it came down to him gripping both appendages and forcing them back into 17's body, or at least to wrap himself with his own wings, a fact that allowed him to succeed in sucking 17 up into his body at long last, much to everyone's amazement.

Not a moment later Cell started to transform, the black spots glowing white and flashing for a time, though as his energy went wild he gained four fingers and a thumb on his hands, his feet turned into organic boots, while his face and body became more humanoid, as he stood straight at long last, and his energy skyrocketed, something that caused Twilight to smile as she looked forward to what the next few hours held for the planet.

PreviousChapters Next