• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Super Hero: School Trouble

Twilight sat at her desk and stared at the container that was in front of her, something she was somewhat surprised to see since she had assumed she had taken everything of Dr. Gero's when she took his lab and records, all those years ago, and thought about what Trunks and Goten had told her so far. They had told her and Krillin about their visit to the abandoned mansion on Mt. Butterfly, saving three of their schoolmates from ghouls, dead high school students and adults risen into undeath, and while they knew that the figures worked in the sushi shop they knew nothing else. Krillin confirmed, while the pair had been moved into another room since she didn't need them to hear this, that the cops were hunting the remnants of the Red Ribbon Army, as there were rumors that some of their new commanders were working in the shadows, which had interested her greatly. Other than that, and the existence of Dr. Hedo as a potential hazard to the world, there wasn't too much more they could tell her, they were just in the dark about too much, though thinking about that caused Twilight to focus on what was in front of her as Krillin, Trunks, Goten, and Rena, the latter having arrived to keep an eye on the pair she was working with.

In that instant, after pretending to meet Rena for the first time, Twilight picked up the container, pulled out the disk that was inside it, and slipped it into her computer, where her decryption and security systems shattered the programs protecting the disk's information, keeping everything intact as she pulled up what was on the object.

"Well, what do you know... this contains the complete blueprints for Cell, complete with potential upgrades." Twilight said, as she recognized the information that was in front of her, she had read the same thing when she took over Dr. Gero's lab and claimed his work for her own benefit, before noticing a few lines that really interested her and caused the others to raise their eyebrows for a moment, "Along with ways to cut down on the incubation time, ways to boost the growth cycle... oh, I see now... there was another lab, one hidden from even the rest of his secret laboratory. I wonder..."

As she said that Twilight surrounded the container with her magic and peered into it's past by forming a time window in front of her, allowing her to track down the safe that it had been taken from, finding where Dr. Hedo had hidden it before Mt. Butterfly, a few other locations that were temporary bases, and the lab it came from, one that, by opening another window into the present, was totally vacant.

"That explains how he was able to do so much in such a short period of time... he's definitely a genius." Twilight continued, where part of her had to wonder if she could just recruit him and turn him away from the life of crime he was currently walking down, though before that it was important to see if his convictions and ideals were even good, like was he more like a hero or was he a villain, "If that's the case, there's no reason for him to care about the disk, as he would have been able to memorize everything that is on it and use it however he wants... however, he is Gero's grandson, meaning there's a chance he'll come looking for it, as a memento of sorts. The latter means he'll be hunting down 'Data Red' and 'Data Blue', since you two were smart enough to not reveal your civilian identities or leave behind evidence that would allow him to track you down... even then, I'd suggest keeping an eye out for danger while you're at school, just in case he makes a move to recover the container and it's contents."

"So basically just continue what we've been doing and tackle whatever comes our way." Trunks said, where he found that Twilight nodded her head, showing that he was right, even though he suspected that one of her forces would keep an eye on them, helping the police out in taking down Dr. Hedo, before he found her handing over the container, which was now empty of the disk they had discovered.

Trunks took the container and stuffed it into his bag for a moment before he and Goten departed, where Krillin stared at the pair for a moment before departing as well, as he had done his job in informing Twilight of the situation and now it was time for him to look into the information his office wanted him to confirm. Rena stayed behind for a few moments, all to see Twilight nodding her head, causing the fox to bow her head, as soon as she was sure that no one else happened to be in the area, before departing from the office that everyone had gathered in for a time. Twilight focused on the rest of the disk and all of the formulas that were on it, amazed that the final secret lab's systems had been working all this time, gathering information and compiling data to form a new method on how to make Cell that much faster, and now all that it had gained was in the hands of someone who wasn't allied with good or evil. Part of her was curious as to what Dr. Hedo might do in this situation, if he was as smart as his profile suggested he was, and she knew it to be right, he should stay in the shadows and not come for the disk, but there was a chance he'd come for it anyway, to keep something to remember his long dead grandfather.

Such a thing caused her to smile for a moment as she leaned back in her chair and stared out at the city, as she could only wonder what might happen in the future, now that this disk had been taken from the one who had been hiding it for such a long time, and how Trunks and Goten would respond to the potential threats that were coming their way.


Trunks found that a few days went by before anything interesting happened, as the city had died down with no criminals trying to rob banks or steal from the citizens, there were no new monsters to worry about, and Devi Dimon had vanished, or at least it sure seemed that way from how quiet it was. He and Goten, instead of getting soft again, continued to train and improve their skills, as they knew that their main target was no doubt observing them and everyone they knew, likely to make a new Digimon to send at them to test their growing power, and kept up with their studies. He wanted to be sure that they were ready for whenever something new came to bother them, or attack the city like their master had ordered them to do, since he was sure another Digimon would attack it in due time or drag them out into the wilds to take them down first. Goten didn't seem to mind having a bit of a break from the various monsters that were coming out of some unknown space to attack them and the city, as they knew the Digimon came from another realm that they were able to access, but for now all they could do was continue to live their lives like normal.

A few days after the events of Mt. Butterfly, however, Trunks found that Mai was going to be joining them at school and his 'mission' was to help her adjust to a more civilian life, or whatever his mother had planned, and he was happy to help her in whatever way he could, even though the introductions at his school were strange.

"We actually have a second transfer student." the teacher said, where Trunks found that the figure was a young man, like a lot of his Human friends since there were a few Beastians among their number, and he was already outfitted with the attire of a student, which made sense due to the fact that Mai had done the same before coming here.

"Hello, I am Baytah. It's a pleasure to meet you all." the young man stated, though while everyone was interested in the fact that a 'hot' dude had join the class, causing Rulah, one of Trunks' friends, to offer the seat next to her so she could aid the newcomer in catching up with what the class was doing, which was what Trunks was going to help Mai with.

He noticed two things after the new transfer students were introduced to his class, the first being that he spotted Rena outside the school, likely scouting the area out to be sure that nothing was going to bother him and Goten while they were at school, while the second was that Baytah had a small strip on the back of his neck that looked like the ghouls. That told him all he needed to know, especially since his name was a rather lame way to say 'beta', which had to be the next series that followed the downed Alpha series he and Goten had beaten up not that long ago, so this had to be 'Beta 01', the first in a new series. He could also tell that Mai had noticed the strip on his neck, which no one else seemed to notice, but both of them said nothing as they returned to their studies, allowing him to point out what the lesson was about while Rena no doubt kept an eye on Baytah, just in case he turned out to be a threat. Eventually class was over and some of them went to gym, where he and the others played ball while some of their class stayed on the sidelines, though such a thing allowed everyone to remember why he was one of the strongest in the entire school.

Of course Baytah showed that he happened to have great speed and power, enough to rival the base power of a Saiyan, or at least that would be the case if Trunks didn't have the training that had been instilled in him and Goten, as he was able to call forth more of his power and scored several baskets before Baytah could score one.

That seemed to be the start of a series of odd events, where Baytah started by throwing one of the footballs at Trunks as he walked down one of the school's hallways, causing him to duck down, pretending to tie his shoe as the ball bounced all over the hallway before slamming into a fire extinguisher, bathing the ghoul android in foam. His next attempt to reveal if he had more power came during lunch, where Trunks found that he tried to douse him with his soup and moved out of the way, allowing Baytah's portion to land in his own, which was good since today's soup was one of his favorites, and the figure played it off on not really being hungry. After that was nothing special, really, it was just a math class, something he would normally suffer at since he hated school, but thanks to Eschalot helping him out Trunks was able to correctly solve all of the problems, while Baytah only got nine right, as he slipped up at the end after realizing just how smart Trunks was, as if he was in awe of a senior student. Other than the math class it was clear that Baytah was trying to reveal his power to the rest of the school, or at least to him so he could do whatever his mission was, though each attempt he made failed in the end, as the training Trunks had done with Piccolo and the others was paying off.

When the day was finally over, and everyone started to head out, Trunks found that Goten picked up one of the trunks so he could collect a tennis ball for the girls that were currently playing in the nearby field, as they hit it too far, which caused Baytah to tear his school attire off and reveal a lame super hero costume... but before he could say anything Rena, in her own hero attire, kicked him in the side and sent him away from the others.

"No way... Data Yellow?!" That means Baytah's actually a villain?" one of the students remarked, showing that they must have been paying attention to the figure while he was taking his classes with them, even if they didn't say anything, while at the same time Beta 01 got up and rubbed the side of his face.

"No, I am a super hero!" Beta 01 stated, though as he charged at Rena, a surprise that he and his maker weren't expecting when this plan was put into motion, he received two kicks to the chest and was sent flying off into the stadium area, only to discover that his foes were none other than Data Red and Data Blue, with one of their allies.

Beta 01 revealed that there was another of his series, Beta 02 to be exact, which was just a robotic suit that he could pilot, and his trump card in all of this, instead of fighting them hand to hand, was to fire rockets at both the school and at them, where the trio quickly flashed around the area and redirected the missiles into the air. As that happened Goten kicked the chest compartment into the air, Rena kicked the lower body until it shattered beneath her blows, and Trunks unleashed a twisting burst of energy at his target, shattering the upper chest compartment and shredded Beta 01's attire, save for his shorts. Trunks realized that Dr. Hedo really didn't understand the power that he was facing, especially since his ghouls had failed in record time, though now he knew that his enemies were famous heroes that were fighting powerful monsters all the time, meaning he might pull back thanks to this information. At the same time he knew that only time would tell, since it was clear that their foe seemed to like super heroes, if Beta 01's attire was anything to go by, and focused on waving at the school as they cheered him and his teammates on, where he knew that any pictures and videos would be on the air in no time.

Such a thing made him eager to see what the future might have in store for them, since there was no telling what Hedo might do in response to this information, plus he was eager to see what else Devi Dimon might throw at them while they waited for the new villain to make his next move.

PreviousChapters Next