• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 1,993 Views, 1,329 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Magic's New Life - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up sending herself into an entirely new world, where she is raised by the galactic emperor, Frieza, and his family.

  • ...
16
 1,329
 1,993

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: A Perfect Foe

The day following Trunks and Goten's battle with Gulus, and the absolute show of power that both did to show the other just how strong they really were, Twilight focused on her own task, sifting through the various timeways that existed as she sought one that peaked her immediate interest. The reason for her sudden name change from using 'timelines', which was what she had been calling the others for a long time, to using 'timeways' was because another one of her alternates came to visit, a bronze scaled dragon Beastian version of herself with her eye color and her hair highlights represented as a pattern on her sleeve, showed up to correct her. She was always discovering new things as she studied the various other parallel worlds that existed, because every time Twilight thought she had found them all another one showed up, where each of her alternates also joined the others in confirming that she was their superior, allowing her to expand her ever growing library of what existed in the multiverse. She also learned about how the newest alternate was just exploring the multiverse of time as well, because every major decision seemed to cause more branches to form, so she had taken it upon herself to note down where all of them existed and what was going on with each one.

It was such a simple job and yet Twilight found that her alternate had her own way of doing it with flying colors, causing her to nod her head as she focused on her own task, until she found the parallel world that she had been searching for since her forces rounded up the revived Red Ribbon Army.

"Is that what I think it is?" Sairozormi, the new alternate, asked, staring at the portal Twilight had created, one that went to a parallel world that reflected the latest event that the main version of her had interacted with, supposedly a world where a true foe might rest, or a 'perfect' foe according to what she had heard.

"Yes. A parallel world where Cell Max was perfected, recreating the original's base perfect form with the new version's great and terrible power." Twilight replied, where she waved her hand and the portal opened, allowing her and the new version of her to cross over into another parallel world, only to discover that they were in the wreckage of the area that had served as the base of Magenta's operations, utterly destroyed by the looks of it, "Keep the portal protected... I don't like the looks of this and would rather not allow a terrible force to invade the main timeway while I'm here."

Sairozormi nodded her head and weaved her power over the portal they had used, sealing it so only they could see it and interact with it, though once that was done Twilight summoned her staff as she floated down into the area that was right in front of them, as there was one powerful energy signature coming from it. What she discovered was a figure who stood slightly taller than Cell had when he gained his perfect form, mixed with the coloration of Cell Max, confirming that he was who she was interested in, though at the same time she found that his tail was exactly the same, the club head Hedo had given him to set him apart from the original. Based on what she could see the perfected bio-android was training with the Gammas of this world, who were unable to touch him since his power was so much greater than theirs was, though not a few seconds later he hit them away with his tail, showing that he might be done with them. The Hedo of this world was off in the distance, watching the fight unfold as he took notes, no doubt because Cell Max wanted a challenge and this gave his maker more information on how to improve them so he could have the challenge he wanted, though he stopped for a moment as he spotted Twilight coming down towards them.

At the same time Cell Max turned his head and smiled as he found that a new challenger had arrived, or at least he likely hoped that she was here to fight him, where he remained silent as she touched down nearby and focused on him, even if she felt someone was missing.

"Cell Max, it is good to see you in your perfected form." Twilight remarked, as his power was great and it made her that much more interested in what sort of skills he might have developed since he was allowed to reach this level, though at the same time the Gammas got away from the area so they could rest and recover before their next bout.

"Actually, I prefer to be called 'Maximilian', to set myself apart from the original Cell." Cell Max, or Maximilian, replied, but at the same time he turned his full attention to Twilight as he glanced up at the other one that was flying down to where Hedo was standing, causing him to raise an eyebrow for a moment before focusing on her once more, "You aren't the Twilight of my world... interesting, I wasn't expecting another one to show up for a visit. Are you here to fight, perhaps?"

"I am Twilight Sparkle, Dark Queen of the Demon Realm, Empress of Universe 7, and Queen of the Infinites, just to name a few of my many titles." Twilight answered, though at the same time she let her staff float off to the side as she shifted her stance, all while noticing the grin that had appeared on Maximilian's face as he realized that she was answering him in her own way, but figured she could give him a verbal one as well, "And yes, I came here to fight you and your full power, with no pesky interruptions from certain unwanted visitors... that is, if you're up for such a thing."

Neither moved for a few seconds, each sizing the other during that brief pause, before they rushed through the air and swung their fists at each other without delay, where the collision of their fists caused the air around them to shudder as the ground below them cracked open, like two gods were fighting. This first collision told Twilight far more about her foe, his power was far more than what the Cell Max of her world possessed before his timely demise, and her power brought a wider smile to Maximilian's face, as she was likely far more than the alternate he was used to dealing with. In the very next moment both warriors landed on the ground nearby and grabbed their foe's hands, allowing them to fight for some sort of dominance as they pushed against each other, the collision of both of their energies transferring into the ground as the stone and material around them cracked. It was fascinating for Twilight, that Maximilian's power was enough to keep up with her base form, a fact she could confirm with just the first couple of moves, and she was interested in the damage that they caused, as the cracks below them eventually reached the area that was just outside the base's perimeter.

Sairozormi weaved a bit of her magic into the ground to lift herself, the alternate Hedo, and the alternate Gammas into the air, with a platform right below them, as they watched as a massive chasm opened around the pair, the result of their energies conflicting with each other, something not even the alternate trio had seen in the past.

In the next moment Twilight pulled Maximilian close and kicked him in the side, sending him down into the depths of the newly created chasm, though she didn't have to wait for more than a few seconds as he rushed back out of the darkness, showing his excitement at having a foe that could push him like this in the first few moments of a fight. As he did that she found that he called forth his power and loosed a burst of powerful blasts up into the air, where she found that it was just like Piccolo's move, Hellzone Grenade, causing her to wrap her energy around her as all of the blasts slammed into where she was positioned. She had to admit that Maximilian's power was definitely on another level, in fact she was sure that he would have given Trunks and Goten a run for their money even as Gotenks with Super Saiyan Blue, though as soon as the barrage was over she snapped her fingers and sent a volley of dark orbs down through the smoke, forcing her foe to dip out of the way as they slammed into the ground. He was definitely smarter than some of her past opponents, which was a fresh change in her life, though she focused on him again as he spun around and sent his tail at her, intending on using the club to distract her from his other attack, nothing that she stopped him from doing that as she caught the club before twisting it so Maximilian punched his own tail.

As he realized that she had done that, and the pain registered in his mind, Twilight let go of him and kicked him in the left side of his chest, sending him flying through the air for a moment, before he revealed that he was just like the original Cell as he utilized Instant Transmission to flash back over to where she was waiting.

Twilight went on the offensive this time around, where Maximilian found that her attack pattern was different from what the alternate of her in this world used, if she was even a fighter since Twilight had noted that she hadn't arrived yet, and she was able to slip a blow to his head through his defenses. Such a thing caused him to do exactly what she knew he'd do after experiencing her power, he summoned the yellow aura that meant he was accessing his Saiyan power, mimicking the Super Saiyan transformation, before she determined he was going all the way to the second form, due to the lightning that arched around his aura. His incredible power was even stronger than before, as lightning flashed as their punches hit each other, and while she could have played ball by transforming as well she figured that she'd let him have some fun, just before she ruined the mood by accessing her third form, since her final form was overkill. Of course she also let him land a few strikes as well, just to see how much of an impact his blows had, but it wasn't long before Twilight resumed fighting as their fists and legs collided with each other, the transfer of energy forcing the chasm to widen even more as time went by, much to the amazement of the observers.

As Maximilian tried to punch her in the face Twilight ducked under his fist and delivered her own strike to his chest, but as he was sent flying into the chasm she gathered her power as she swung her hand, like she had a sword, releasing a burst of energy that took the shape of a black and red crescent wave. The attack slammed into her foe and blasted a crater into the ever growing chasm that was below them, causing the entire area to fracture in the process as more lines appeared, and it wasn't long before a purple beam, a Galick Gun, tore through the smoke as it zeroed in on her position. Such a thing provided her with an opening to use against her opponent as she held her hand out and siphoned the attack, though at the same time she shifted into her Dark Queen form, allowing the air to shudder as she took on her third form, as her foe was strong enough for her to justify using it and skipping her first two forms. In the next moment she called forth dark lightning and sent it down into the area her foe was in, only to find that he avoided her attack as he flashed out of the area and just continued to use Instant Transmission to try and confuse her, meaning he must have created more plans during his fights with the Gammas of this world.

After moving around the arena for a time Maximilian came to a stop in front of her and fired a full powered Kamehameha right into her chest area, similar to how Goku tried it to get rid of the original Cell, though Twilight tanked the blow and when the smoke cleared her foe could that she was untouched.

"Really? So not even the power of this form can measure up to you." Maximilian remarked, causing him to jump back for a moment as he called forth more of his inner power, where Twilight found that he must have faced a god at some point, as he was able to go Blue, and when he didn't have the aura up she found blue lightning arching every now and then, "Let's see how you fare against the height of my power!"

Twilight found that her foe was right, his power was now far stronger than it had been previously and it appeared to be the height of his current power, though this time around she used the palms of her hands to stop or redirect her foe's attacks as he punched and kicked at her. Despite her movements Maximilian seemed to be enjoying himself, which was good since she thought he was a worthy opponent to fight with, before a new idea came to mind as he vanished for a few seconds, which was followed by a number of energy discs, Krillin's Destructo Disc to be exact, coming at her from each direction. Instead of dodging the attacks Twilight summoned a staff made of energy and spun it around for a time, where she smashed the discs as they came at her and scattered their energy to the wind, while her own skill was active and devoured the energy without her foe realizing what was going on. Fortunately it seemed like her opponent was more focused on his own plans than what she was doing right now, meaning he had no idea that the gap between their powers was widening more and more as time went on, before she found that he stopped and was charging a new attack up, the lightning coming off of it confirming that it was Vegeta's Final Flash.

She also found that her foe had mastered the art of using Instant Transmission so he didn't have to raise his fingers to his forehead, as Maximilian flashed up to a position diagonally below her and fired the beam at almost point blank range, as he was taking this seriously, only for surprise to appear on his face as she tanked the attack and emerged unharmed.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Maximilian remarked, though at the same time Twilight kicked him in the chest and sent him down into the outer edge of the chasm they had created over the course of their battle, but his statement told her that he was stunned by the fact that his attack had done nothing.

"My turn." Twilight commented, where she held her hands out and created the two celestial orbs she had used to smash Kid Buu a lifetime ago, a powerful a potent sun and a dark imposing moon, both of which caused the area around her to shake as she focused on where her foe was resting, since it was time for her to get more serious.

"Stop. I concede." Maximilian stated, though it was followed by him chuckling, as he had been expecting a tough foe and now he knew that he had found someone that could push him to his limits, a fighter who was far more than anyone he had faced off against in the past, and that he was smart enough to know when it was time to stop, all while the laugh showed that he was in a good mood about his sudden defeat.

Twilight chuckled as she dismissed her power and floated down to where Maximilian was waiting, to help him onto his feet, as she had found a worthy foe to fight against that didn't piss her off, a worthwhile trait in her mind, and wanted to treat him with some respect, though it only made her more interested in what she could learn from him and what the coming days held for her personal world.

PreviousChapters Next