• Published 6th May 2022
  • 2,244 Views, 229 Comments

Whistling Rain - Schwabauer



The Prussians invade Equestria, having conquered almost the entirety of their world.

  • ...
11
 229
 2,244

Chapter 25 - Consolidation

“Citizens of the Prussian Empire, I, The Kaiser of Prussia, come to you today regarding a national tragedy. The army sent to spread my will was utterly obliterated by the magic of the Equestrian Government. They cast a single spell, which eradicated hundreds of thousands of humanity’s finest in seconds. Had it not been for the quick action of the Scandinavian Reserve Army our allies in the Crystal Protectorate would have been overran by the Equestrians. As we speak additional regiments are being sent and trained to replace our loses, and we will wage war to destroy the capabilities of these Spells of Mass Destruction, for the benefit of all Humanity!”

The Kaiser paused for a moment, letting the gathered crowd of journalists, nobles, and common folk cheer and absorb what he just said. He drank from a glass of water before continuing, “These Spells of Mass Destruction can not only be turned against the Empire and our direct allies, but the other nations of Equis as well! It is the duty of the Prussian Empire to destroy such capabilities. All sentients, be they human, pony, zebra, Minotaur, or any of the other assorted creatures that inhabit the other world must be safe from the tyranny of utter destruction. Think of what would happen if the Equestrian Government deemed it necessary to bring such spells to bear on a civilian population! Think of what destruction they could wring if they made it to our world. We have no counter to such a weapon. What little magic we have must be imported from the other and is so rare that it is possessed only by the military, and limited Prussian agencies.

The Spells of Mass Destruction pose such a threat to Humanity that the Prussian Empire, and all her subsidiaries, The Kingdom of Bavaria, The Scandinavian Republic, The Barbary States, The Persian Empire, The Republic of Cuba, The Mexican Empire, The United States of America, and The Confederation of the Iroquois have agreed to recognize into the first Empire of Humanity! Each respective government will remain in command of their dominion and have representatives in the Duma equal to their population. The Kaiser of this government will be selected through secret means, which I cannot share with you all at this time.”

There was an uproar in the stands. Thousands of people began shouting and clamoring for questions all at once, and a variety of anger, surprise, and ecstatic cries filled the air. The Kaiser waited patiently at the podium for several minutes, before giving a sign to one of his guards. A cannon fired, shattering the roar of the crowd, and bringing them to silence. The Kaiser smiled and began to speak again.


In the weeks since the spell was cast, Celestia’s bedside had not been left vacant. Luna spent every spare moment at her side, and when she wasn’t an aide stood there to watch in her name. The spell had wrought a twisted hell on Celestia. Her horn and wings had been twisted and cracked, and she’d been comatose ever since then. The wings and horns had been slowly healing, yet her mental state had not yet improved.

The critical state of her dearest center had removed any reservations Luna had on modernizing the Equestrian Expeditionary Force. Luna quickly set the finest of Equestria to solve how to make muskets and cannon for her troops. Just in the last couple of weeks she had established a small line, producing dozens of muskets a week. Warehouses had been established near the front, stockpiling weapons and ammo to equip her units.

Luna now stood before the House of Lords, tall and prideful. The dozens, no, hundreds of lecherous nobles who existed purely to strangle Luna’s rule and squander the opportunity of Her little ponies with bureaucracy. Sneering, Princess Luna bellowed, “Lords, Ladies, Marquises, Barons, Baronesses, and all other useless Aristocrats I won’t bother to name, I have gathered this emergency session of the House of Lords with a single issue, an issue of such pressing matters I could not wait another week for you to debate, deliberate, and consider.”

The House of Lords recoiled in outrage at Luna’s words, and then leered down, matching Luna’s sneer as she continued, “The state of Equestria is rapidly deteriorating! Not only are we suffering from the threat of a foreign invasion, but the precious Princes Celestia is incapacitated for who knows too long. But that is not all!” Luna leaned forth, a hoof raised as she roared the final words, eyes wide as she addressed her audience, “No! That is not all that is Plaguing Equestria. For an internal threat is cutting into her arteries, starving her stomach. It is pinching the nerves. It is killing her, slowly, and had been for years. This disgusting, vile disease that threatens her independence and existence now more than ever, is the House of Lords, and the Bureaucracy it creates!”

A thunder of hundreds of ponies standing, bellowing, crying, and beseeching Luna erupted, rolling out the chambers and down the mountainside. It did not dissuade Luna, who continued, her voice rising to cut through the sound, “As such, I have found it prudent and necessary to remove the house of lords from the equation! With the aid of my advisors a more efficient government has been designed, with my dearest sister and I have absolute power. As of today, the House of Lords is no more, and all members are accused of High Treason, and will be held accordingly.”

Princess Queen Luna’s smile grew wide as hundreds of her guards stormed the rooms, shattering the doors and dragging the Lords out by the manes. The bellows of outrage shifted to screams of pain and terror, with a mass of pompous ponies surging away from the doors. Many tried to take flight, or resist, and were merely brought low by crossbows and mage bolts.

Luna’s stoic captain fluttered up to Luna, her velvety bat wings folding up neatly as she addressed her Queen, “It has all gone off without a problem, my queen. None of the Lords or ladies have escaped. Ten were killed. The rest stand awaiting trial, ready for your sentencing. The bureaucracy has been streamlined and reorganized, with many of the heads of the departments being shuffled about, my Queen. How else may I serve you?”

“Nothing, for now. Dismissed.”

Luna turned to the great stained-glass windows behind her, shooting her wings out wide, basking the loving sun of her sister. She would bring low the humans who dared to step foot in her lands, as she should have all those years ago.

Author's Note:

Last chapter for a while, going on hiatus while I work on other projects, some pony, most not.

Comments ( 2 )

The War on the first Empire of Humanity was about to happen.

Login or register to comment