• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 808 Views, 10 Comments

To Walk Again - Cxcd



An ex-engineer of King Sombra is forced to adapt to modern-life, while being tormented with her former memories of a past gone-by.

  • ...
5
 10
 808

CANCELLED

When I was younger, I always wanted to tell my own stories.

I mean- really get into the thick of it. I had grand plans about inter-dimensional travel, a guy who had his soul split into multiple pieces, and had to collect it like he was Thanos from Infinity War. I had plans about a machine that you could fly a space-ship into, and all of this amazing stuff.

The problem is: I had no idea how to write.

The problem still is: I still have no idea how to write.

It was around this time when I was taking a ride on my four-wheeler for fun. I was feeling particularily nostalgic, so I crammed some earbuds under my helmet and began listening to old Brony music that I used to listen to ten years ago. And it really did entrance me. So much so, that I re-read a story that I had read way back when I was a child. Past Sins by Pen Stroke.

I had a crazy idea. A crazy, no good, dumb idea. And at the time, it was just a dumb fantasy dream:

What if I wrote Fanfiction?

But, at the time, I hadn't been active in the community... ever. I watched the first episode of the show before my parents ever let me use the internet, and I loved it. I thought I was a weird kid, but when I discovered Youtube, I found out I wasn't alone. There was an entire community around My Little Pony. And I was some dumb kid, reading Fanfiction like Past Sins and My Little Dashie.

I got bullied for watching the show, and promptly never talked about it again.

Until, of course, that four-wheeler ride.

It was like a spark reignited in my soul. I watched the show, I read the stories, and I loved it. So, once again, what if I wrote Fanfiction? I was having a hard time getting my own writing project off the ground, so seriously: why not just devote my time into writing shit little stories and getting experience? Writing experience that I know is garbage, but hey, it's better to start somewhere than nowhere, right?

So I was browsing the MLP subreddit, and I found that drawing by Natt, linked in the description of this story. And- it just spoke to me. In the comments, Natt wrote their own little story of who this character was. And I thought it was a great oppertunity. I mean- the story was literally written out for me. I just had to write the whole thing.

And so I did. I wrote, I wrote, and I wrote. The second I was done with a chapter, I smashed the publish button. Because- it was just My Little Pony. Who cared, right?

And that was the problem.

I started caring.

I started caring about the stuff I put out there. I started caring about how well it was written, and suddenly, I felt like everything I had written up to that point was garbage, because there was zero passion behind it. To say the least, I started feeling incredibly self-concious about it.

So I left this story to rot. I could finish the last chapter or two, but this story is just awful. If I like a story I've published, I'll re-read it to myself, because I genuinely love it. I've never re-read this story. If anybody wants to do a rewrite, be my guest, because I feel like I could do it, too. But I probably wont.

Anyways- story's dead, ya'll. Sorry to blue-ball you.

Go check out Do It For Her. That's a story I actually care about.

Comments ( 2 )

I hope this story helps you with writing the next one. Please keep working at your writing!

Login or register to comment