• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 1,327 Views, 59 Comments

EYE Of The STORM - Art Inspired



The story revolves around an alternate universe character known as "Steam" who visits Eque

  • ...
5
 59
 1,327

Chapter one: Details of the destination

Chapter one: Details of the destination

As Steam rubbed his fingers on the neck device, princess Celestia slowly circled him.

“So, what would you call yourself, my friend?”

The mechanic didn’t answer, but instead looked at his destroyed home.

“Don’t you have a name?” the alicorn asked. “And where did you come from?”

The man finally said “Steam.”

Celestia looked at his goggles with curiosity.

“My name… is Steam.”

“Oh, yes of course…”

Some awkward silence fell upon the two as his hands rubbed the machinery. Soon, he continued.

“I come from… I’m guessing another universe… or world.” He kneeled down to observe the base and integrity of his ship. “The world is horrible… and the ground is basically unsanitary, so my kind must fly to survive…” he stood and looked at the being as he finished. “I’m looking for someone… She looks like me… I came here because she told me a green light swallowed her in a note. I found the phenomenon, and entered. Next thing I know… I’m here.”

Celestia shook her head understanding his situation. As she turned around, she said “I have never seen a being like you before in my kingdom. Please, follow me to the palace throne room. I’ll brief you on the location, dos and don’ts, and see if there is anything I can do to help.

As the man followed her highness, he received suspecting looks from many ponies. “So, this is a horse world?” he asked.

Celestia giggled slightly and claimed “In a sense, but more like ponies. This world is called Equestria. Me and my sister, Luna rules it.”

As the man entered the building, some guards sloped as they observed his frame.

“You see,” her highness continued. “We raise the sun and the moon. I raise the sun.”

“And Luna raises the moon, right?”

“Yes and the world you will be living in has its rules.”

The two entered the throne room, and as they did, Steam couldn’t believe the mastery if design. Pillars aligned in rows to the sides of the walls while flags of the sun and the moon hung from the ceiling. To the far side, the throne sat golden and eye catching. Celestia sat in it, and as the man looked around, her highness summoned a seat for him. He sat and looked at her benevolence.

“So, you’re the ruler… then I should be kneeling rather than sitting?

Celestia chuckled and said “You are now my subject, but there is no need for worship. We only just met, after all.” Celestia then began to explain the law of the land. “There are four kinds of ponies in this world. The first kind is normal earth ponies. They are basic, but very kind. Then there is the Pegasus. They have wings and can fly. Thirdly are the unicorns. They have horns like mine and can control magic, and finally there are the alicorn’s.”

“That would be you, I presume.” Steam said.

The princess bowed her head in signaling he was correct.

“You see, alicorn’s are considered the rulers of this land due to their immense power. Their magic abilities are that of a unicorn, but increased by ten times. There are only four alicorn’s in this world. There’s me and my sister, cadence which is unfortunately away at the time, and finally, Princess Skyla.”

The man shot up at the name, knocking the chair down. Even though his face was completely blocked by his goggles and his mouth shrouded by an ominous shadow, Princess Celestia knew this signaled something odd. As the echoing thud of the impact died down, Celestia asked “You know her, don’t you?”

His head shook as he spoke. “Yes, I did. She’s the one I’m searching for. I thought she was dead, but if she’s a princess here… then I know she’s alright, but would that mean she’s a pony as well?”

Celestia explained “She arrived over five hundred years ago, and took the form of a pony when I met her. Whether she was a pony before then, I can’t say for sure.”

Celestia took the time to finish her explanation for the rest of the afternoon. Steam Punk asked if he could get some assistance with his mode of transportation. As he and at least ten unicorns approached the heap of destroyed metal and wood, he said “Alright, just follow my every comment to the tee, and this will blow over smoothly.”

All night, the unicorns worked very diligently to assist their new friend. Parts of metal were scraped while others were put to good use. By morning, the trash had been revamped into one amazing hot rod motorcycle.

As he looked the piece of sheer art up and down, he said “Now, for the final touch… paint vinyl flames on it, blue and green, please.”

The unicorns did as they were instructed. As the silvery metal turned into painted designs, Steam shook his head in approval.

“You know what this is?” he asked and the royal unicorns said they didn’t. “It’s a custom Chopper; a motorcycle that has extended front ends with a greater angle than standard bikes. The raked front end makes for a motorcycle that is stable but not agile. It’s mainly an all-around performance vehicle that will ultimately take me anywhere I need. The old style of these was abolished when my home world ground ended up being taken over by…”

He looked up to see confused faces, so he ended this with one statement. “It’s my mode of transportation that I’ll be using to get around this world.”

As the sun rose over the land, rays shined on the leather seating. His hand rubbed on the handlebars as he hopped on. Her highness, Princess Celestia approached and said “Leaving so soon?”

“Yeah…” Steam said.

The princess summoned a map and explained “This is magically enhanced to show you your location in the world. All you need to do is touch the red dot for it to magnify. I’ve set your destination for Ezekias, home of Princess Skyla. It’ll guide you there quite easily.”

Steam tucked the map into his coat pocket and thanked her highness for the help. As he started up the solar powered engine, the loud rumble hurt all their ears, but soon, he took off with great speed. In no time, his being disappeared with a cloud of dusty smoke following him.