• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 484 Views, 4 Comments

The Adventures Paused - Dragon Shimmer

  • ...
16
 4
 484

Epilouge: The Siren.

------At night-----

After working at the guild, Sunset goes home to return home to prepare to fight with the Dazzling. She also buys some books about sound magic to counter the Siren and do exploratory work in one night. After a while, Sunset found that sound spells can make someone have an illusion, can make them sleep and can also control the dream, but none of them can control the emotion as the Siren do. Sunset also found that sound magic can kill someone under high pressure. She thinks for a moment then takes out earplugs and starts enchanting them.

-----The next day------

Sabrina walks to the Guild and opens the door to meet Eldaro, who is currently interviewing the people that want to join the guild. Sabrina smiles and takes a seat, causing many people to try to avoid her. Sabrina sighs and asks Karen for a drink, and waits for Eldaro.

After two hours, Eldaro finishes interviewing and walks to Sabrina. He sees Sabrina sleeping on the table. He shakes his head and slams the table, making Sabrina yelp and get up immediately. Sabrina sees Eldaro and shakes her head to make her fully awake. Sabrina takes a deep breath and looks around, "Eh... Did you see Sunset around here?"

Eldaro shakes his head, "No..." then he rubs his chin, "Well... how about let get her anyway?"

Sabrina grins, "Okay, I'm in."


The duo goes up to the hill. They have encountered some monsters but they simply ignore them. After thirty minutes of walking, they found a wooden house. Sabrina admires this house then she rushes to the door and knocks, but no answer. She knocks on the door again, no answer. Sabrina grabs the doorknob and spins it, finding that it doesn't lock. She turns to Eldaro and they nod. They step inside the house and see that this house has many chandeliers on the roofs and many candles are on fire at the two sides of the halls and stairs.

"I admire her decoration," Sabrina pokes the fire of the candle, making it blue, "If she joins the Halloween decoration house contest, she will be at the top three."

Eldaro rolls his eyes, "Yeah. Anyway, we should find that dragon."

Sabrina and Eldaro search all of the floors but they don't find her. They go upstairs and see many magic circles on the ground. Sabrina and Eldaro stop and carefully go without touching these circles, then they go inside the room and sigh in relief. Turning around, they see Sunset sleeping on the table while many swords are floating around the room. Looking around the room, they see many magic circles on the floor and roof, two bookshelves at two sides of the room. Sabrina looks at the book title and sees that they are all magic books.

".... look like we have to be careful with these," Eldaro grabs a floating sword and it's shining blue. "Okay, I bet she does a lot of enchantment here,"

"How about we take all of these swords? I bet that they will be useful for us."

Eldaro nods in agreement and he carefully carries Sunset, while Sabrina takes all of the swords to see their power. The duo goes outside the house and Eldaro puts the sleeping dragon without making her wake up. Sabrina takes a glowing red sword and slashes at the tree, and finds nothing. A moment later, many magic appears on the tree and explodes. The sword is now on fire. Sabrina transfers water mana to see if it will shut the fire or not. Surprising them, the fire is not shut down, it becomes a line of fire and a water line appears. They are dancing with each other around the sword.

"....The more I meet her, the more I hate her," Sabrina cracks her neck, "Wake her up, now."

"Why?" Eldaro taps the dragon's back, "I think she is sleeping peacefully, so I don't want to wake her up." Eldaro throws another sword for Sabrina, "Here, try another one. If this sword has a weird enchantment again, we will wake her up."

Sabrina catches the sword and looks at it. She found nothing except it has a yellow aura. Sabrina steps a distance from the tree and then slashes at it. A small yellow orb is flying toward the tree very slowly. Sabrina feels weird but she decides to wait for the orb to interact with the three. When the orb touches the tree, it explodes in a large radius, enough to blow Sabrina away. Sabrina gets up and walks near the sleeping dragon. She stares at Sunset and uses a water spell to wake the dragon up. Sunset grasps and looks around. She sees Sabrina and Eldaro near her.

Sunset rubs her head, "Where am I? And why am I here?"

"Welcome back to real life, Mrs. dragon." Sabrina points at the fire and water sword, "Mind to explain here?"

"Oh, that sword I use to practice enchantment," Sunset shakes her head to fully awake, "If you like, you can take it."

"Thanks." Sabrina puts the sword to her dimension pocket, "I appreciate that. Anyway, you should prepare for the trip to White Leaf Lake."

The dragon yawns, "Already does, just one condition."

Eldaro shakes his head, "No condition. You must go now."

"Fine," Sunset stands up, "Let's go." The duo nods and they walk with Sunset to the White Leaf Lake.


On the way to White Leaf Lake, Sunset meets Eldaro's sniper team. They lead to the lake. Sabrina goes first to scout the lake. Sabrina sees that the Siren is at the lake. She takes out the crystal and announces the group. Sunset goes to the White Leaf alone while Edaro gives her a crystal and sets his team.

The lake is very huge and bright. It also has a small lane with a white leaf tree in the middle of the lake. Sunset looks around the lake and sees all of the trees around it have white leaves and are falling down. Sunset admires this beautiful lake but she has a job to do. Sunset is walking on the water and realizes that this lake is quite deep; she steps by step until the sirens rise from the water and glare at Sunset.

The yellow yells at Sunset, "You... you are the one who seals me." The other sirens swim around Sunset, making her look around, "You must unseal me, or you will die."

"How about no?" Sunset slams her palm to the water, making the water around freeze. The sirens fly back to Adagio and glare at Sunset as she smirks at them, "Well, before we start, can we know each other?"

The yellow siren silences then she decides to introduce, "The name Adagio." And she points at his sisters, "These are Sonata and Aria,"

Sunset grins, "The name is Sunset Shimmer." Then she takes out her staff and wears her sallet," Nice to meet you."

Sunset teleports to Adagio's head and uses "Wyvern Slash" at Aria, making her have no time to react and get hit by the spell. Adagio tries to slam Sunset but she teleports away and starts chanting the spell. Aria opens her mouth and uses "Shockwave" at her, Sunset flies up to dodge but Sonata's tail hits her, makes send fly backward and slams into the tree but her chanting isn't cut.

Sunset is done chanting and casting a spell. A little orb flies above the lake and disappears. Sunset stands up and stares at the sirens. Adagio rushes at Sunset but Sunset teleports to Sonata, which makes her surprised. Sunset casts a spell, a water dragon is rushing at Aria. Aria manages to dodge the water dragon but she sees Sunset appear in front of her, then she gets hit by "Wyvern Slash" from her and slams into the water. 'I admire them but...' Sunset thinks as she swings the staff to block Adagio's tail that swings at her.

The three sirens come together as Sunset takes out the crystal and talks to them. The Dazzling sings together. Sunset takes out the earplug and wears it. She doesn't hear anything and grins at them, then she throws the staff at Adagio's to shut the voice down. Adagio realizes that something stabs her neck and finds that a staff is plugged right into the magic circle, then she tries to pull out the staff but a lighting dragon rushes at her and slams at her. Adagio gets electrocuted and drops the staff. Sunset teleports to take the staff while Sonata and Aria catch Adagio on the air.

"You three should give up right now." Sunset takes out the earplug, "I don't want to kill any of you."

Sonata uses "Shockwave" at Sunset, Sunset simply steps aside. Aria glares at her, "You... You made Adagio can't absorb magic and now you told me to surrender," Aria takes a deep breath and shouts at Sunset, enough to make a lake wavy. Sunset stands there and shakes her head. After a moment, a huge shark with horns rising from the water, makes Sunset jump back to dodge its bite. Sunset covers her staff with blue fire and charges at them.


--------Meanwhile--------

Javen is watching the battle through a scope. He feels amazed but also feels annoyed when he has to stand outside.

"... I don't know she can fight all three monsters like that," Javen put down the scope, "But I see a "Horn Shark" is supporting them."

"I see..." Sabrina turns her head to the sniper, "Take down that shark for me."

"Yes madam," The sniper takes out his sniper rifle and his piercing bullet. He kneels and aims at the shark.

------Back to the lake-------

Sunset has to dodge all of the lights from the "Horn Shark". The Shark is rushing and pointing the horn at her. Sunset dodges it and covers her legs with an aura, then she kicks the shark and makes it fly. In the air, The shark grunts and glares at Sunset, it is going to spin at the dragon but a bullet flies through its head, makes it fall down the ground and blood is dripping from its head. The blood is dropping down to the water but it disappears when it touches the water. Sunset smiles while the sirens glare at her.

"Give up yet?" Sunset sighs, "I don't want to kill you."

Sonata shouts, "Then we will just keep absorbing the magic. We will do that again and again," Sonata is going to talk more but she finds that all of her body is covered by magic circles. She looks at Adagio and Aria and sees that they are covered in magic circles too. Sonata looks back to Sunset, and asks loudly, "what have you done to us?"

"Surrender or you will blow up," Sunset is holding a magic circle, "And tell me why you have to absorb someone magic like that?"

The Dazzling silent for a moment then they roar in the sky, a large magic circle appears. After a while, many rocks come from the circle and shoot at Sunset. Sunset uses the spell to raise the water and freeze it. The rock is hitting the ice. Sunset uses a fire aura under her and creates white smoke at her spot. The Dazzling is laughing at Sunset and thinks that she will die. The spell stops and the Siren is staring at the smoke but a dragon claw appears at Aria's neck, making her look back and see the orange dragon. Adagio stares at Aria, "How... how can you escape that?"

"Don't care. Now," Sunset plugs the claw into Aria's neck, making her bleed, "Should I kill her?"

Sonata begs, "Please, no. I will do everything you say."

"No way, we never surrender," Adagio looks at the bleeding Aria and silents for a moment. Sunset's claw plugs deeper into Aria as she is asking for the duo's help. Adagio grits her teeth, "Fine, we surrender."

"Good," Sunset takes her claw out of Aria, "Now change into human form and follow me." She drags Aria along with her. The trio changes themselves into humans and follows Sunset. Sunset glances back to them, "Don't do anything funny."


Eldaro comes back to the guild after Sunset introduces the Sirens to him. He remembers that Sunset has sealed their magic absorbing ability to make sure that they are not dangerous. Now, he sees Sonata singing and people in there enjoy that while Adagio and Aria are chatting with Jezz, they are still confused about what they will do here. Eldaro looks at the guild from upstairs and smiles,

A voice from behind Eldaro says, "Something funny?" Eldaro turns his head and sees Sunset. She continues, "What do you think about the Siren?"

"It's fine, time will tell whether they are fit to stay or not." Eldaro spins a medal and throws it at Sunset.

Sunset catches the medal, "What is it? Don't tell me I am raising the rank again,"

"You guess right?" Eldaro turns on the TV and sees Sunset on the news. "You make me have no choice."

Sunset sighs, "Well... I wish I was an "F" rank right now," she is lying on the floor, "Bet that I can't have time to study magic anymore,"

"Well, I don't know but the Magic Council wants you to be there to explain how the sword works. Because having fire and water on a sword is not possible."

"I deny. I want to be free to study magic and not follow any rules."

Eldaro smirks, " Look like you see, studying magic is like your entertainment." Eldaro grabs Sunset's tail and drags her, "Come one, we got a meeting to discuss."

"Fine," Sunset let Eldaro drag her to the meeting room and talk to them. The guild is now popular and Sunset feels like nothing to do here. Now, destiny is waiting for her.


------Two years later-------

Sunset comes to the guild and sees the guild is crowded. She goes upstairs and sits on the barrier.

"Have fun there?" Sunset turns her head and sees Eldaro, "It has been 2 years since you joined the guild." Eldaro gives Sunset a cup of wine.

Sunset takes it, "I know right, it is very fun since you just established this guild."

Eldaro pats her back, "Mostly because of you, you make us be popular like this," Eldaro sees Sabrina is coming this way, Eldaro sighs, "Well, we got a problem,"

Sunset rolls eyes as Sabrina waves her hand, "You two are talking about something." Sabrina looks at the Dazzling singing and people in the guild are enjoying it. "Well, at least we keep their secret."

Sunset closes her eyes. It has been two years since she joined the guild. Those moments when she joins the guild are very neutral: sad, fun, angry or even want to keep those moments forever. Sunset sighs as she sees the Dazzling. They are Equestrians but they want to stay here to enjoy life. Has no way to stop them, she has to accept it

Jezz comes to her and yells, "Hey Sunny... " That yells make Sunset fall to the first floor, Jezz rubs his head, "Oops,"

"Well, I have a reason to punish you right there." Eldaro pats Jezz's shoulder, making him gulp. "But we will discuss later. Don't worry, it is very "nice"."

Other adventurers help her stand up as she drops the heroes’ team medal. Sunset stares at it and it rings like an alarm clock. Sunset has to turn it off and talk to the medal, "Hello?

Sunset hearing Matt begs, "Help, I am being dragged by a green hair girl here. She said that I have to retrieve some crazy crystals and it will be a long journey. Can all of you help me out?"

At this point, Sunset sighs as she answers, "I'm on my way," then she shuts down the medal.

Eldaro sees that and pats Sunset's shoulder and asks, "Have to go?" Sunset nods and Eldaro continues, "All right, see you again. I hope." Sunset smiles and she immediately goes to her house to prepare. After the preparation, she presses a button on the medal, a hologram map appears and the red dot. Sunset smiles and takes a fly to unite the team

Author's Note:

Sequel: The Adventure Continue

Comments ( 2 )

10934399
Well, today is a good day to go to hospital.

Login or register to comment