• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 482 Views, 4 Comments

The Adventures Paused - Dragon Shimmer

  • ...
16
 4
 482

New members

Three days since Sunset joined the Fantasy guild. The guild still empties like usual, which makes Eldaro sighs. He doesn't know what to do because he doesn't have any business skills. While finding a way to attract people around here to join the guild, he hears an explosion from the hill. He looks at that and shakes his head because people from here get used to it. The explosion on the hill always comes from Sunset.

Eldaro is making a wooden board. He plans to set it in front of the guild to recruit members and to receive the quest that the village asks the guild. When he looks up on the roof, he sees Sunset wearing a black robe. That black robe has a white neck and has a big red line in the middle.

He asks, "Where did you get that robe?" Then he takes out a bottle of wine. "It is a very good robe,"

"Thanks," Sunset sits down and puts a black hat on the table, "I should wear something since this is a guild, I shouldn't be naked in this building, right?"

"You got me," Eldaro sits opposite and puts the wine bottle on the table. When he sees Sunset's hat, he asks, "Can I borrow this hat?" Sunset nods as she pours the wine on the table while Eldaro takes a look at it, "Weird, this hat is like a sallet but it's not made of iron." The black hat has a white flange and a red stone attracted to it, making Eldaro admire it, "Well don't tell me this stone is ruby. If it is, this hat is very valuable,"

"Well, it is really ruby," Sunset drinks some wine while Eldaro facepalms, "When I claimed this hat, I went to the jewelry shop and asked them to analyze it," Sunset puts the cup down, "They said it is a real ruby and asked me if I sold them or not."

" Fine," Eldaro takes out a hammer, "Hey, can you help me make a board? I want to put it outside the guild."

"Sure," Sunset stands up, "At least I'm free anyway,"

"You are always free."

"Whatever."


After two hours of making a wooden board, they complete four wooden boards and start setting one of them in the guild, one of them outside the guild. Sunset and Eldaro feel so good about this, and they sit on the chair after setting the boards. Sunset is sleeping on the table while Eldaro is just reading the newspaper. After one hour, they hear a knock on the doors.

Sunset wakes up and stretches her body.

"I get it," Sunset comes to the door and opens it. A green-haired teenager is wearing a green T-shirt and green pants. He has a broadsword attracted to his back. Sunset tilts her head, "Hello?"

"Is this a new guild?" Sunset nods, he continues, "My name is Jezz, I came here to join the guild."

"Wait here," Sunset turns her head inside, "Hey Eldaro, we have a person who wants to join us,"

Eldaro flips another page of the newspaper, "Just send him in. We must test him anyway."

"Okay, you can come in." Sunset leads the boy to come inside and asks him to sit opposite Eldaro.

Eldaro puts the newspaper down and faces the boy, "All right, you want to join this guild huh?" then he puts his hand on the table, "You know this job can kill you, right?"

" I know," Jezz points at Sunset, "and who is this?"

"C rank, Sunny. I'm a mage." Sunset points at herself, "Well, I've just joined here in 3 days so..."

"Three days?" Jezz slams the table, "It is impossible to do that in three days. How did you do it? Are you using the power of your family?"

"No...." Sunset tilts her head, "I don't have any family though."

Eldaro raises his hand to stop them, "All right, stop arguing like a child." Then he pulls out the paper, "You fill your information in this paper, then we will have a test to see which rank you are." Eldaro takes the pen, "Normally, a newbie will set' 'F” to ''D” depending on their power and experience. Sunny here is the special case because she shows that she fits the "C" rank."

"But... I doubt that she can fit the "C" rank," Jezz starts filling the paper. "I want to challenge her after this,"

Eldaro grins at this, "All right, she will be your test if you wish." Eldaro points at the ranking board, "If she fails, she will be in the"F" rank, sound good?" Jezz nods at this. Eldaro put his face near Sunset's ear and whispered, "Hey, take it easy. He will learn some from you, and don't think about pretending to lose."

"Meh, I will “handle with care", don't worry?

After filling in the information for the paper, Eldaro asks Jezz to go out and battle with Sunset and Jezz agrees. The trio goes outside and Eldaro picks a stick and draws a large circle on the ground.

"Okay, this is your battleground," Eldaro sits on the chairs that he just took out from the guild, "Who can't fight anymore will lose, got it? I don't want to pay the hospital bill."

Sunset and Jezz start walking to the circle. As they walk, Sunset sees Karen walking to the market but she ignores it. Sunset and Jezz stand opposite each other.

Jezz takes out his broadsword and points his finger at Sunset, "You choose the weapon now, I don't want to fight unfairly with you," Sunset rubs her head and looks around, she sees a wooden pole lying on the ground and takes it. Jezz feels weird about it but he takes a stance, "Prepare yourself,"

Jezz charges at Sunset with his broadsword. Sunset simply stands here and shakes her head. When Jezz comes close, he swings the sword to Sunset to slash her, but she blocks the big sword by her pole. Jezz's eyes widen and step back, then he spins himself around and swings the sword at Sunset. A medium tornado is coming to her. Sunset smirks at this and covers her pole with a fire aura. She lifts the pole and slashes at it. The tornado has cut into two and then disappeared.

"Ho...How is that possible?" Jezz steps back as his legs are shaking.

Sunset shouts at him, "Want some more? Where is your spirit at the beginning?" She is spinning her wooden pole, "I hope you don't go to your room and cry after this,"

Jezz hears that word and grits his teeth. He rushes at Sunset and slashes furiously. Sunset simply dodges his attacks when it swings so slow for her. She kicks Jezz's leg to make him fall, then she plugs the pole next to him, which makes Jezz stun.

Eldaro raises his hand to announce the result, "We got a winner,"

Sunset helps Jezz get up and pats his shoulder. "You are doing good." Then she looks around and sees Karen in here. Sunset rubs her head and turns away to flee but Karen steps on her tail to make her stop.

"I didn't know you were really good at fighting." Karen squeezes Sunset hard, "Can you teach me how to perform those spells and tricks?"

"Eh... I just learn how to fight in a couple of days so..." Sunset points at Eldaro, "You can ask this man to teach you. I learn from him."

"You lie really bad, Sunny." Eldaro waves his hand in front of him, "You beat me that time, remember?"

Sunset is going to retort but Karen grabs her muzzles to shut her down, "No more lying. Please teach me how to fight, please."

Karen steps closer to Sunset and Sunset sighs, "Fine," Sunset glances at Eldaro and he nods, "Ok... how about you join the guild then I teach you, sound fair?"

"Fair enough," Karen sighs, "I just want to know how to fight to protect my family."

"Okay, how about we go inside to discuss later?" The others nod at this suggestion and they start to go inside the building.

The group goes inside the guild building and they sit on the chair. Eldaro ranks Jezz at "E" rank because he knows how to fight while he ranks Karen at "F" rank. Karen huffs at that and she goes to the wine zone to make the cocktail for fun.

"At least we got a bartender," Sunset laughs, "Well, sorry about this guild doesn't have a salary for you? You sure you still join it?"

"I'm sure, Sunny," Karen starts mixing the wine, "At least I can stay here whenever I want without a problem."

Sunset turns to Eldaro, "She agrees with this decision," Sunset takes out the paper and draws some magic circle, "Well, at least we need to prepare when this guild suddenly gets popular,"

"Then what are you going to do, drawing a lie detector spell?" Eldaro smirks at her, "I can be sure that you can do it."

Sunset confirms, "Well, yeah." Jezz and Karen are frozen in place while Sunset keeps drawing the magic circle, "Well, do you have a zone to do the interview? So I can narrow this spell though."

"Well... "Eldaro puts two fingers to his chin, then points at the table near the stairs, "You should put the spell in there."

Sunset and Eldaro keep chatting with each other, while Jezz and Karen just sit there and hope that they have something to do. After a while, some papers appeared on the wooden board, making anyone in the room take attention. Eldaro looks at the paper and finds that there is one quest that works outside the village.

"... Hey Sunny, take a look at this," Eldaro gives Sunset the quest paper, "I think that you should come with Jezz and Karen to this mission."

Sunset takes a look at the quest, "Well, the quest is to slay the "Leaf Eater" in the Ochna village,.." Sunset thinks for a while, "This village is not far from here, but there is no "Leaf Eater" near that area."

"Really?" Eldaro grabs the quest, "According to the quest, this mission only requires the "E" and "F" rank with 1000 Mara, an unusable price." Eldaro looks at Sunset, "Maybe you don't know but the "Leaf Eater" requires a "C" rank above, so..." he suddenly remembers something and runs to his room.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I have to search for something. Just wait there."


Sunset sits on the chair near the bar table to wait for Eldaro while Jezz and Karen ask her what happened. Sunset lies that there was nothing as she tastes Karen's mocktail. It tastes very good for her. After waiting a while, Eldaro calls Sunset to his room.

"I found it." Eldaro takes out some of the paper, "This is the report for the case of the disappearances several days before." He flips the paper, "This is the police report for the cases. I ask Leo to see this one."

"Disappearance?" Sunset sees the paper. "So, you found some common points?"

"Yes, you just take a look at the victims," Eldaro sits down on the chair while Sunset takes a look at all the victims.

"I see," Sunset nods, "The common point in these cases is the victim is the "E" and "F" rank adventurer from other guilds." Sunset puts all the paper down, "So you mean these culprits still are aiming at Karen and Jezz?"

"I just guess this,"

"I understand," Sunset sits on the table while thinking a little while, "Well, I will go with Karen and Jezz." then she points at Eldaro, "And you should prepare some fake paper about me because I doubt that they will not do it when seeing a "C" rank around.”

Eldaro nods, "Understand. Then you will do this quest?"

Sunset nods, "If they are correlated to a criminal organization, I will raid them down."

"All right, I will lie to Jezz and Karen about this quest." Eldaro pulls out the phone, "Then I will call Leo about this." Then he looks at Sunset, "but hey, you won't kill them, right?"

"Depending on their attitude,"

Sunset goes outside and tells Karen and Jazz to go on this quest. They agree and quickly come to their home to prepare things to go on the quest.