• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 482 Views, 4 Comments

The Adventures Paused - Dragon Shimmer

  • ...
16
 4
 482

The competition and unexpected event

-----The next day, at Confetti School -----

Many fireworks shoot into the sky to celebrate a competition at the school. Different years are another competition. This year, the competitors have to fight against each other until they can't fight anymore. They will have a medical team to support them and make sure that no one is dying or heavily injured.

"Lady and Gentleman, Welcome to the Confetti School's competition." A man stands on the stage and announces to everyone, "This year of the competition. The Confetti School has chosen the title "Arena", which means the competitors must fight against each other." The man waves his hand to the medical team, "To ensure the competitors' safety, we have a medical team to treat the competitors and some referees to prevent any more injuries."

The audience claps at the MC to celebrate the competition. The MC raises his hand to stop and he continues, "This year, we have a special guest." Then he waves a hand at the chair, "Lady and gentle, I introduce... Our Majesty, Queen Sabrina." Sabrina comes out with Sakira and Javen; she waves her hand to her subject. Everyone cheers her while Sunset can only faceclaw to this as she forgot that this queen is really like to fight. The MC goes near Sabrina and asks, "So my queen, do you have any words for our competitors?"

Sabrina takes the micro, "All I can say is good luck to all of you. You have to try your best even if you fail. You can try next year. Don't worry, there are still many chances to prove yourself. Once again, good luck to all of you." She glances at Sunset who currently sits beside Athew and July. Sabrina grins, "Oh right, let's have some fun."

Sabrina gives back the micro as the MC nods, "Thank you, your Majesty. All right, LET GET STARTED," the MC waves his hand to the electric board, "Because there are too many competitors this year so the organizing committee decides that... " Then the electric board reveals a map of a maze, "Have an elimination round and choose 32 competitors to go next. In this round, each competitor has to go through the maze. You can fight against each other in the maze and take them out." The competitors are murmuring each other, the MC continues, "Are you ready? Get set, go." all of the competitors rush into the maze.

------In the audience's seat zone------

Sunset stands up and goes to the food store. July asks, "Where do you go, Sunny? The competition has started and you don't watch Avin go through this?"

Sunset waves her claw, "Nah, he will pass this round." Then she heads to the food store to buy some food.

After fifteen minutes, someone comes out of the maze and that is Avin. He breathes for a little while then looks at the sky and jumps high. Everyone is watching him and starts murmuring about him, but Avin doesn't care. The MC announced, "The first place is Avin of the Aran family." Then everyone claps at Avin, which makes him feel so embarrassed and he just sits on the bench. After five minutes, many competitors are running outside and see Avin is sitting and drinking some water.

Beath glares at him and tries to talk to him but the MC announced, "Everyone, our elimination round is completed." Then the MC waves a hand to the electric board, "This is our result." The board shows the place of the competitor

Sunset goes back to the seat with many foods, making July and Athew unsure about this. Sunset starts eating some hamburgers and looks at them, "What?"

"Nothing," July looks back to Avin, "I never thought you ate so much, plus you don't do makeup but still have that cute face,"

"I don't know if it sounds good or not. Anyway, we should follow Avin until the end of the competition, shall we?" July and Athew nod.


-----At the first round----

Avin meets his opponent as the opponents look down on him. When the rings start, Avin charges at him with high speed, making his opponent have no time to react and receive a punch from Avin, sending him flying backward and out of the arena zone. The referee grabs Avin's hand and announces the winner. Sabrina feels excited at him and wants to ask his mentor but seeing the dragon in the seat, she already knows the answer. Sunset feels Sabrina's glance is not good at all.

Throughout the competition, Avin defeats other competitors easily. The semi-final is there and Avin steps into the arena zone. He meets a long yellow-haired boy wearing a formal vest. Avin feels weird about this,

"Sorry, but this is not a party," Avin points at his suit, "I'm afraid that will make your suit get dirty,"

The boy bows to him, "My apologies, it's just because I don't have time to wear my battle suit. Anyway, I'm Edward and I want to know your name before we start,"

"Avin, my name is Avin."

Edward takes out his rapier, "Nice to meet you Avin, now we can start now." Avin nods and he takes out his sword.

Edward charges at him with high speed and swings his sword at Edward but Edward blocks his sword. Avin tries to push the sword, Edward sees that and steps aside to let Avin's sword slam into the ground, then he slashes Avin three times at his stomach, making Avin grunt and glares at Edward.

Avin shapes ice spikes and strikes toward Edward but Edward deflects them all. Edward rubs the rapier and an aura covers his rapier, then he thrusts it to Avin and a small drill is flying toward Avin. Avin sees that and dodges aside, watching the drill piercing the wall. He quickly throws the sword at Edward, Edward simply deflects away but after that, he sees Avin is right in front of him and punches him. Edward blocks it but he flies backwards and has to put his fingers to the ground. He feels his right arm is stunning after the punch.

Edward grins as he is chanting a spell. Avin takes out his lance and starts rushing at him but Edward already finishes his spell. A magic circle appears in the sky, and Edward blocks Avin's attack, then kicks him. Avin blocks the kicks and steps backward. A meteor appears from the magic circle. Avin wants to dodge but he can't, so he decides to take the meteor... The meteor keeps rubbing him as he grunts and takes a deep breath. He lifts his left legs and stomps at the round, while his arms throw back then punches at the meteor. The meteor flying back to Edward made his eyes widen, then he got hit by the meteor and left smoke there.

Avin breathes heavily and he rubs his arm. When the smoke is fading, Edward is walking out of the smoke with several wounds and still smiles at him. Avin steps back as he is surprised that to see Edward seems fine to the attack. Edward laughs at Avin as he turns to the referee

"Referee, I give up." Edward smiles, "I'm satisfied now,"

The referee confuses but nods at the decisions he waves the flags to Avin's side, "Avin wins this round and he will be in the final battle." Everyone cheers at him while Avin is confused and wonders why Edward gives up like that. Edward waves his hand to Avin, says good luck to him and walks away. Sabrina smiles at Edward as she knows why he is giving up.

--------At audience zone-------

July hugs Sunset tightly, "Our son is in the final round." Then she is going to kiss Sunset but Sunset puts her claw on July's mouth and pushes her back to the seat.

"Calm down now, and save that kiss for your son," Sunset sighs and she sees Athew is rubbing his chin. Sunset asks, "What are you thinking?"

"Why did Edward give up? He seems fine after the last attack," Athew takes out the scope, "If he wants to let Avin go to the final round, he should do it at the start, " He turns and sees Sunset is drinking coke. Athew shakes his head, "you know, drinking that thing will be very harmful to your body,"

"No need to worry about me," Sunset puts down the can, "Anyway, to answer your question. He can't continue. Maybe he can hide those shaking legs from anyone but he can't hide it from the soldiers." Sunset turns to Athew, "Any question?" Avin shakes his head as Sunset stands up, "Well sitting too long makes my ribs want to warm up. See you soon." Sunset flaps her wings and flies above the arena


"Lady and .....Gentleman. We are finally here. The final battle is here, now we..." The MC gets cut off when an explosion nears the arena. Sabrina stands up and takes out her boomerang while everyone quickly goes out of the arena with the guide of the referees and medical team. Sabrina orders all of them to go out of this zone. Sunset just floats in the sky and sees what happens next. Three dark figures appear from the explosion. They see the crowd is going out of the arena. A wave of sound comes from them and makes everyone, except Sabrina and Sunset, feel angry.

One of the dark figures looks at the crowd and laughs, "Well, well, that magic is so much. I will take all of this magic." The dark figure opens their mouth but a boomerang slashes at her cheeks and pins it to the ground, making her grunt. "What the?"

"You okay, Sonata?" The other dark figures look at her as Sonata reveals herself as a blue-haired girl with ponytail style "Don't worry, I got this."

The last dark figure says, "Take care of her, Aria. I will do it." She opens her mouth but a staff slaps at her, making her annoyed and yells, "Who's there?" Sabrina takes her boomerang quickly and stands while Sunset lands on the staff position. The dark figure reveals herself as a girl with curly yellow hair. She stares at Sunset as she feels something familiar, "Who are you?"

"No need to know," Sunset spins her staff, "And that is the question I want to ask you first." Then Sunset points the staff to them, "From what you performed before, it is exactly the legend that I have read before."

"You... you know our ability," Sonata stands up, "That's a surprise for us."

"Well... " Sunset takes out the book with the title 'The legend of the sea - horse monster', making the trio stun, "yeah, your power is recorded in this book,"

"And what are you three doing here? Absorb mana and let people die?" Sabrina lifts the boomerang, "I don't allow you to do that,"

The trio grit their teeth as Agadio tries to absorb the audience's mana but Sunset teleports near Agadio and grabs her mouth by her claw. Agadio tries to struggle out of the grab as Aria is going to shout at Sunset but Sabrina slams the boomerang in front of her, then she kicks Aria. Aria coughs some blood and flies backwards. Sonata sees Sunset's claw glowing, she screams at Sunset, a blast of air is coming to Sunset. Sunset's claw stops glowing and she throws Agadio away. She gets hit by the shockwave and rubs his claw to the ground to keep her from flying away.

Adagio laughs at Sunset, "You won't stop me." She opens her mouth and starts to sing. After a while, she can't do magic absorbing despite the crowd being angry. Adagio glares at Sunset and grits her teeth. Sonata and Aria run to Adagio to check what happened to her. They found a magic circle on Adagio's neck.

Sabrina throws the boomerang, makes it rub the round and goes around the trio. After a while, the earth rises and surrounds them like an icehouse. It leaves a door on the earth. Sunset waves his staff and a dragon wing flying inside the door, then she raises her hand to create a magic circle. A dragon flies toward with a tornado behind charge toward the door. Then Sunset spins the staff and plugs it into the round to close the door.

After a while, The trio reveals their true form and they glare at Sunset and Sabrina, "I will be back, soon or late." Then they fly away. Sunset flies after them but a siren shouts at her to prevent Sunset from going further. Sunset watches them fly far away, she turns back and lands on the nearby ground. She sees everyone is becoming normal as she sighs in relief. When she turns back, Sabrina is standing in front of her and stomps her foot, making Sunset turn around and go to flee but Sabrina stomps at her tail.

"You know what?" Sabrina slams the boomerang near Sunset's tail, making her gulp, "You have to explain all of this in your guild."

"Okay okay, let me stay here for a while, and then we can talk,"

Sunset looks at the sky where the Siren flew off and sighs. This will be a lot of things to do for her.