• Published 12th Jul 2021
  • 2,971 Views, 69 Comments

Phoenix Magic - Magic Kitsune Brony



What if there was more to Sunset Shimmer and the world beyond the mirror portal than first thought?

  • ...
13
 69
 2,971

Chapter 11

Dear Journal,

Last night’s Halloween party was awesome. I dressed up as Black Widow and Zuko dressed up as Iron Man. Zuko also decided to dye his hair with a streak of red, and I have to say, it looks good on him.

Later this semester, we’ve been told that we’ll be starting on elemental magic. I know Zuko’s excited to see if his firebending has transferred over into his main affinity. Our friends are hoping so, because it would mean that maybe their main affinities would become their bending if we ever went to Zuko’s world.

Speaking of Zuko’s firebending, apparently Roku has managed to find a spot in the spirit world that allows bending, so he’s been giving Zuko lessons. I hope this means that if my affinity transfers into bending, I could train with him. That would be great.

Well, here’s hoping.


Dear Journal,

We’ve just returned from the spirit world, and it’s official, I’m a firebender. The girls are all benders too. Rainbow and Pinkie are Airbenders, Rarity and Fluttershy are Waterbenders and Applejack is an Earthbender.

Roku has talked with our parents and is going to talk to some of the previous Avatars to give us all training in our elements. Including Avatar Wan, the very first Avatar. It’s going to be awesome!

On others news Aunt Ruby just gave birth to twins. Little Toby and Jack. Something tells me, they’re going to be little terrors. Everyone has already started calling them the troublesome two. I can’t wait to meet them in person this summer.


Dear Journal,

What a week I just had. Over the weekend, Roku took me and Zuko to Sun Warrior Island in the other world to meet the firebending masters. Imagine our surprise when we found out that the masters were two dragons, Ran and Shaw, despite Zuko saying they were extinct in his world. Zuko was ecstatic to find out that his uncle hadn’t killed the last of the dragons but instead said it to protect the masters. I certainly had fun when we performed the Dragon Dance together with the dragons.

On our way back, we stopped at the training area in the spirit world. While there, we were going to do a bit of training, but had to stop when Zuko’s flames came out multi-coloured, just like the dragons. It seems the dragons deem him worthy of their fire.

And of course, the CHS gossip vine caught wind of it. Now, people have started calling Zuko Canterlot High’s Dragon Prince, just like they’ve been calling me Canterlot High’s Phoenix Princess after I won the fall formal two weeks ago. At least I’m not alone in that.

This weekend, the girls and I have a gig over at the hospital, where we are singing Christmas songs in the kid’s ward. That’ll be fun.

Speaking of Christmas, Dad’s invited Zuko’s family to join ours in Australia. It’s going to be a chaotic Christmas. I just hope Zuko and I can get some alone time, though knowing my luck, we’ll probably be put on babysitting duty.


Dear Journal,

After seeing the murals on old silos in Australia, Zuko and I decided to become street artists. Well, more me as the artist, Zuko is more an actor than anything, but he can sculpt, he’s going to make small sculptures to go with my murals. Of course, we did get permission from our parents, the police and the mayor.

Everyone decided that because we are underage, we would do it under different alias. After reading one of Zuko’s favourite plays Love Amongst the Dragons, we decided on the names Red Empress and Blue Spirit. I even got a red version of Zuko’s Dark Water Spirit mask made, to add a bit of mystery to our little operation. We did show the police our masks, just so they know who we are.

Our first mural will be this weekend and after talking to Mr and Mrs Cake, and getting their permission, we choose the wall next to the Sweet Café. Our friends already know about it, they are very excited. I think most people who know us will know we did the mural and sculpture, it’s just the tourists that won’t. It might even draw more tourists to the area.

I can’t wait for this weekend; it’s going to be fun.


Dear Journal,

Today was my 16th birthday and what a day it was. Big pool party with all my friends! A massive chocolate birthday cake made by Pinkie of course. The presents were great, my favourites were from Zuko and Dad. Zuko gave me two, the first was a necklace that was part of a set, a yin and yang one, only instead of little dots like normal, the white one had a dragon on it and the black had a phoenix. I was given the phoenix one.

The second present Zuko gave me, was a pet. That’s right, a pet. An adorable one too. He gave me a baby leopard gecko, which I’ve called Ray, because he’s like a ray of sunshine. Thankfully, Zuko got my parents’ permission before getting Ray and Hedwig doesn’t seem to mind him.

Dad’s present was the best. He’s going to give me motorbike lessons, since his present was a flame-themed motorbike. I’m amazed Mum let him get me one, but somehow Dad managed to talk to her. I can’t wait to start those lessons. Overall, it was an awesome party, then again it was planned by Pinkie Pie, so of course it was awesome.

New school year starts in a few weeks and I can’t wait. This year the Friendship Games will be hosted at CHS and I’m old enough to sign up for them. Hopefully we can win it this year. I’ve decided not to sign up for Fall Formal Princess, two crowns are enough for now.

Here’s hoping for another great school year.

Sunset King

Sunset placed her journal back on her bookshelf. She gave both Hedwig and Ray a pet before getting into bed. She looked around at all her friends spread out in her room, sleeping. She smiled as she laid down and drifted off to sleep thinking, friendship and love really are amazing


That night, at midnight, just on the outskirts of Canterlot City, a rift opened. Out of that rift came what looked like three teenage girls, not knowing where or what they were, they slowly made their way into the nearby woods. By the time the portal agents arrived, after picking up on the anomaly, the girls had disappeared, but the rift’s signature lingered. Finding the signature to have a magical signature like the CHS portal, the agents took a sample of lingering magic and took it back to HQ to be tested. By the time they got the answers to the rift, they would have a lot more knowledge of the world beyond the CHS portal than before

Author's Note:

And here's the last chapter. In the future, I will do side stories that expand on some of the journal entries past, present and future. Let me know if there are any entries you would like to see and I'll see what I can do. To be continued in Phoenix Magic: Equestria Girls
PS. For those curious, here's my inspiration for Sunset's new necklace:

Comments ( 8 )

Why do I get the feeling that the Sirens have arrived? As always, keep up the good work mellonin!

11113916
Yes it is a bit like that isn't.
As for your comment a few chapters back about Zuko, don't worry the avatar world isn't doomed, don't forget that chapter was based around the time when Zuko first got his scar when he was thirteen.
And not to give too much away, but I do have plans for that world, after all, you can't help but wonder what Azula and Ozai's reactions will be to their brother/son showing up with both firebending and magic, and some powerful people/ponies by his side:trixieshiftright:

Oh! She gets to meet Wan, the massive screw up Wan, the tief/murder/liar Wan, the guy that makes everything he touches go from bad to worse. That Wan... bet everything will go swell.

Iknow a lot of people have been praising the story but it has been 11 chapters and a whole bunch of nothing has hppened. There is no story so far, there is mo world building (banking on the reader to have a prenotion of the setting based on what they know of the canon stories) and even interactions between character are almost non-existence or very forced...

Somehow this manage to have 2 continuation so I am hoping it picks up at spme point and since it is a fanfic it is "excusable" the lack of focus.

11085692
Wich is weird since they should have arrived centures ago.

11417434
Then there would be no point in a choosen one...

Login or register to comment