• Published 12th Jul 2021
  • 2,971 Views, 69 Comments

Phoenix Magic - Magic Kitsune Brony



What if there was more to Sunset Shimmer and the world beyond the mirror portal than first thought?

  • ...
13
 69
 2,971

Prologue

One Halloween Night, two one-year old twins, a girl, Harriet Potter, and a boy, Charles Potter, sat in their cribs, listening to their mother, Lily Potter, read a story, while their father, James Potter, was at a secret meeting. As Lily finished her story, a blast was heard downstairs and then footsteps on the stairs. Lily stood in front of the cribs, as the cause of the noise, a man by the name of Lord Voldemort, came blasting into the room. He was here because of a prophecy that told of the one who would defeat him.

Lily pleaded with the Voldemort to spare her children and to take her life instead, but the man would not listen. He pointed his wand the woman, and in a flash of green light, killed her. He then pointed his wand at the twins. He did not know which of the twins the prophecy was talking about, nor did he care. He pointed his wand at the girl, and as the green light of death left his wand, a shield made of red magic appeared, bouncing the spell back at him and destroyed his body in a massive blast.

The blast destroyed part of the roof, and a piece of it fell on top of Charles, creating a ‘v’ shaped scar on his forehead. As the man’s body was destroyed, his soul was ripped from it and he fled as a wraith. But not before a piece of his soul latched onto the weakened core of Harriet and went dormant.

When James got back home, he was devastated to find his wife dead, but happy to see his children alive. A friend of the family, Albus Dumbledore, came to comfort him and to check the twins for injury. As he looked at the twins, he noticed Charles had a scar and full magical core, whereas Harriet had no injuries and little to no magic in her core. It was with this information, that he told the James that Charles was the prophesized child, while the Harriet was nothing more than a squib. James was horrified to learn that his daughter was squib, it would reflect bad on him and his soon to be famous son. So, he decided he would give his daughter to his wife’s muggle family and disown the child.

Within one night, a wife and mother was lost, a brother and son made famous, a daughter and sister forgotten, and a family torn apart.


Within the next week, the announcement of the defeat of the Dark Lord was spread across the wizarding world. It told of Charles Potter being named ‘The Boy-Who-Lived’ and his twin sister being named a squib and disowned. Even though it was well written that magical twins will always have magic; while there is a chance of one twin having a weaker core, it was never to the point of that twin being a squib, it just wasn’t possible. But most of the European wizards believed the announcement, after all if The Albus Dumbledore said it was true, then it was true. But the rest of the world, after many countries did their own investigations, were able to see the truth. They could tell that the supposedly ‘squib’ twin was not a squib at all but most likely had an exhausted core, meaning that Harriet Potter was the true child-who-lived. But they kept this information between themselves, because no one in Europe would believe them.

You see, many years ago, during the war against Voldemort, Dumbledore tried to recruit people from other countries during meetings with the International Confederation of Wizards (ICW). It was during these meetings that most of the other countries noticed that Dumbledore was slowly becoming more manipulative and was always talking about the ‘greater good’, but never explaining what that meant. It was like he thought that only he had the right vision for the wizarding world and no one else.

After this revelation, many countries of the ICW decided to have meetings without Dumbledore. In these meetings, it was decided that they should start revealing themselves to the non-magical. This was because of the rise of new and improved cameras everywhere; it was only a matter of time before they were revealed anyway. At least this way they can apologise and explain their reasons for hiding in the first place.

So, the magical leaders of countries like America, Australia, Africa, China, Japan, and many others, went to the non-magical leaders for their respective country that knew about them and discussed how to come out into the open. Across the world, announcements about the existence of magic were made, and slowly the wizarding communities came out and started to merge with the non-magical communities. It became known as The Great Merge.

After the merge, laws and policies were made to control rogue and criminal magicals, and to help prevent discrimination on both sides. Magic, science and technology came together, and started creating technology that to be used in magic rich environments. Mixed towns and cities became a thing, where non-magicals and magicals could live in harmony. With mixed cities, came mixed schools, especially after it was discovered that some magical subjects could mixed with non-magical counterparts, such as potions and chemistry. This allowed non-magicals and squibs to join these classes too, even if it was just theory.

Another effect of the merging of magic and science was the discovery of portals. Some of these portals just went to the other side of the world, but others went to completely different dimensions and universes. This discovery led to the founding of the Portal Agency, a group who studies the portals and greeted any beings that came through them, which was very rare. These ‘multiverse’ portals, as they were dubbed, were found to be strongest when on and around places where ley lines crossed.

One such location was Canterlot City, California, USA. Canterlot City had a couple of ley lines crossing through it, which cause there to be two portals. One portal led to the spirit world of another universe, this was location in the basement of an abandoned warehouse, which since its discovery had been transformed into a facility for Canterlot City’s own branch of the Portal Agency, led by Tirek Lord. Another portal was recently found in the base of the Wondercolt statue in front of the mixed school of Canterlot High School (CHS). Not much was known about this portal, other than that it admitted an energy that was like magic, but not many studies were done on it after it was discovered that it only seemed to open for three nights, every three years.


A week after the announcement of the ‘Boy-Who-Lived’, and on the last night the portal was open, one of cameras located in front of CHS picked up a figure throwing a bundle through the portal and walking off into the night.

It wasn’t until the next morning, after the portal had closed, that the Portal Agency checked the footage, and after checking the magical signature scanner attached to it, they realized that the bundle was a magical child. A single strand of red hair was found near the statue, DNA tests later revealed that it was Harriet Potter, the true child-who-lived, that was thrown into the portal. Due to not knowing much about the portal and how dangerous it might be, it was doubtful that they would ever see Harriet Potter again.

That is until 9 years later…