• Published 12th Jul 2021
  • 2,972 Views, 69 Comments

Phoenix Magic - Magic Kitsune Brony



What if there was more to Sunset Shimmer and the world beyond the mirror portal than first thought?

  • ...
13
 69
 2,972

Chapter 3

Lonely, Happy, Excited

Joyful, Pride, Hurt

Sadness, Anger, Hate

Rage, Confused, Pain

Sunset once again awoke from what she had been calling the ‘emotions void dream’. She wished she knew what all those emotions meant. Particularly the negative ones. Were they signs that she was a bad person before coming here?

It had been a month and a half since she moved in with the Kings, and it had been amazing. They had decided to wait until after the new year before sending Sunset to Canterlot Elementary School, giving her more time to settle in. While Celestia was at CHS, Sombra stayed to give Sunset some lessons to get her caught up, after working around the farm and winery.

She was really starting to feel a part of the family. Especially after Thanksgiving and Christmas. On Thanksgiving night after dinner, she got to meet Sombra’s family in Australia via Skype. There was his parents, Jasper and Pearl King, along with his younger sister Ruby. Afterwards they held a vigil for Luna and Celestia’s parents Phoebus and Aurora Cosmos, who sadly were in a train crash over twenty years ago.

Then on Christmas, Sunset awoke to a big pile of presents under the tree. Along with clothes and her very own Daring Do book set from Sombra and Celestia, she had also got a pile of art supplies, to which Sombra explained he had noticed that during their lessons she had a tendency to draw on the edge of her work. From Discord and Luna, she got a Nintendo Switch and games to go with it. The rest of the King family sent a journal and, dingo and koala plushies. The Apples had also sent a photo album, so she can many new memories.

After getting dressed, Sunset headed downstairs for breakfast. She walked into the dining room to see Celestia already at the table, on her laptop working on the new year schedules for CHS. When she investigated the kitchen, she saw Sombra was flipping pancakes.

“Good morning, Sunny,” Sombra said cheerfully, as he placed a tray full of pancakes on the table.

“Morning Sombra, Celestia,” Sunset replied, blushing as her stomach growled at the delicious smell

“Are you excited for the New Year’s Eve party over at Sweet Apple Acres tonight?” Celestia asked, as she dug into breakfast

“Yep,” Sunset answered. “But I’m also a little nervous.”

“Why?”

“Because Applejack said she will be introducing me to her friends. What if they don’t like me?” She worried

“I’m sure everything will work out fine,” Celestia assured her.


A few hours later, saw Sunset and the Kings head over to Sweet Apple Acres for the party. The quaint barn like house was decked out with balloons and streamers. Granny Smith was on a rocking chair on the front porch. Sunset could see Bright Mac and Big Mac setting up the fireworks in the distance. She turned away as Buttercup came up to greet them.

“Hello, everybody,” she said, smiling as they greeted back. “Sombra, could you go and help Bright and Mac please?”

“Can do.” Sombra saluted

“Thanks. Celestia, would you like to help me finish bringin’ the food out?”

“Of course.”

“Sunset, if you’re look for Applejack, she’s just around the back.” Buttercup pointed towards the back of the house

When Sunset walked around the back, she spotted Applejack with 4 other girls near the back door, sitting on a picnic blanket. She stopped just in front of them, and was about to speak, when one of them, a girl with pink curly hair, skipped up to her with a massive grin.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie! You must be Sunset Shimmer. Applejack has been telling us all about you. Or at least, what she knows about so far.” Pinkie spoke quickly, bouncing up and down

“Oh, um…” Sunset tried to process what Pinkie had just said

“Pinkie Pie! Give the girl some space and let her speak,” The purple haired girl scolded

“Oh, sorry!” Pinkie apologized

“Um, yes, I’m Sunset Shimmer,” Sunset said, after reorganising her thoughts

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, darling. I’m Rarity.”

“Yo, the names Rainbow Dash,” saluted the girl with rainbow hair

“Um, Hi, I’m Fluttershy…” the last girl said meekly

“It’s nice to meet you all,” Sunset greeted

“So, I hear you will be starting at Canterlot Elementary,” Rainbow said

“Yep,” Sunset smiled as she sat down with them. “Sombra’s been teaching so I can be all caught up with everyone else. I just hope I make a good first impression with everyone.”

“Oh, if you like I can design and create a nice new outfit for you,” Rarity suggested. “I can already think of so many ideas.”

“You make clothes?” Sunset asked surprised

“Well, currently just the designing bit. I only just got my very first sewing machine for Christmas. But I’m sure once my mother sees my design, she will let me help create it for you,” Rarity explained sheepishly

“Ok then, I guess a new outfit would be nice,” Sunset said

“Good. Sometime tonight I’ll have to get your measurements,” Rarity agreed

“Hey, I know, school doesn’t go back for another week, so how about you spend a day with each of us, so we can get to know you and you us before school,” Rainbow suggested.

“Oooh, and at the end of the week, I could throw you a ‘Welcome to Canterlot City’ party!” Pinkie exclaimed. “What’s your favourite flavoured cake?”

“Um, chocolate and can it be a small party?” Sunset asked.

“Okie dokie lokie.” Pinkie nodded

And they all agreed to the plan. The girls then spent the rest of New Year’s Eve sorting out the next week, partying and having fun. Sunset spent the whole night with a big smile on her face


Dear Journal,

The last week has been crazy, but fun. I got to spend a day with each of my new friends. First day I spent with Applejack, where she showed around her farm. I got to help her with some apple picking and then we made a pie with the apples we picked.

Next was Fluttershy. We spent the whole day at the Canterlot Animal Shelter taking care of all the animals. I especially loved when we got to play with all the kittens and puppies, to help socialize them of course, but mostly for the cuteness.

Rainbow Dash took me to the local sports centre to see which sports took my fancy. So far fencing seems to be good for me, but I did like the look of that Kung Fu class. I think I heard them call it Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. I might ask Celestia and Sombra about signing me up for both. She also introduced me to her half-sister, Scootaloo

Rarity’s mom took us to the Canterlot spa, where we got well pampered. I’ve never felt so nice and relax. Afterwards we went back her house, where I got to meet her sister, Sweetie Belle and try on my new outfit and some other clothes they made for me. I can’t wait to wear them when I start school next week!

And then we ended the week with a party at Sombra’s Crystal Restaurant organised by Pinkie Pie. It was great! I got to help with baking the cupcakes and cakes, putting the streamers and balloons up, and I got to help pick out the music. We had such a great time!

Then I spent the weekend with Sombra and Celestia. Sombra showed me the restaurant near the entrance of the farm. He says all the food is completely organic and local. Then Celestia took me to her favourite tea shop, called the Jasmine Dragon. I’m really starting to see both as my parents.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I’m a little nervous, but I think with all my new friends, I will be fine. I should get to sleep, got to wake up early in the morning.

Sunset Shimmer