• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 324 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 324

All Of Us

Sandbar and Gallus stood at the bottom of the staircase. They looked at the deck, where their friends all stood, most of them coupled up. Sandbar smiled and took Gallus’ claw, beginning to sing.

“Looking back to yesterday,
Thought I’d gave it everything
But still, there’s road left ahead.”

Sandbar turned as Gallus tugged on his hoof. Gallus smiled and picked up the song.

“When I look into your eyes,
At first I didn’t recognize
Who we were and what we could be.”

Sandbar and Gallus began singing together and slow dancing, the others also dancing.

“It can be hard to find yourself
Though it’s worth it in the end
In your heart is where everything begins!”

Everyone on the deck joined in, jumping around and scattering water everywhere. For once, Gallus didn’t mind it.

“We’ve become bold
We’ve become brave
We’ve become free!
We are loud
Making a change!
And you gotta believe!
Woah!”

Pharynx spun Tempest, kicking up water and making her shove him in mild frustration, though she was smiling. Ember and Thorax were nearby, Ember stomping and kicking and Thorax prancing.

“We look deep inside
Because that’s where we rise up and shine!
We are bold
We are brave
Come let everyone see!
It starts with all of us!”

Celestia was pulled over by Luna, and danced beside her and Snowdrop.

“Woah, woah, hey!
It starts with all of us!
Woah, woah, hey!”

Gallus smiled and laughed as he held Sandbar. He sang along, though quieter.

“It starts with all of us.”

Luna, Tempest, and Pharynx then trotted up. Gallus smiled, still holding Sandbar. Gallus and Luna then began to sing.

“There’s a special thing I’ve learned:
Together we can change the world
Everyone’s got something to bring.”

Tempest and Pharynx took each other’s hooves, smiling at each other as they sang too.

“And if you look inside yourself,
Do you wish you were someone else?
Well who you are is who you need to be.”

Tempest and Luna then took hooves and walked out onto the deck again.

“It can be hard to find yourself
Though it’s worth it in the end
In your heart is where everything begins!”

The big group of friends all held hooves or claws, forming a large circle. They kept the couples together, but all looked at each other as they sang, splashing water everywhere.

“We’ve become bold
We’ve become brave
We’ve become free!
We are loud
Making a change!
And you gotta believe!
Woah!”

Then they split into couples. Ember and Thorax held each other close, while Tempest and Pharynx held hooves. Luna pulled Snowdrop a few feet into the air for a sky dance. Ocellus, Gilda, and Celestia danced in a small circle. And Gallus and Sandbar spun in the middle of it all.

“We look deep inside
Because that’s where we rise up and shine!
We are bold
We are brave
Come let everyone see!
It starts with all of us!
Woah, woah, hey!
It starts with all of us!
Woah, woah, hey!
It starts with all of us!”

Luna and Tempest broke off from the group and stood at the steps, watching everyone.

“When we all do our part,
It can be a start
To bring about a difference we need!”

Their other friends amassed on the stairs behind them, watching the rest of the partygoers dance in the water, doing their own unique styles. Luna and Tempest backed up as Sandbar and Gallus sang along with them.

“We will work it out,
And we will see it through,
Because it’s not just up to me,
It’s up to all of us!”

Then, they all raced forward, laughing and smiling as they charged through the water. They all danced together, opening up a circle for dancers as they finished the song.

“We’ve become bold
We’ve become brave
We’ve become free!”

Thorax and Ember danced in the circle, Ember spinning and letting Thorax catch her. Then, they raced out to let Tempest and Pharynx in.

“We are loud
Making a change!
And you gotta believe!
Woah!”

Tempest and Pharynx splashed and whirled around in the center of the circle. Tempest wrapped her hooves around his neck and then released him, spinning around. Pharynx caught her hoof and they left the circle, beaming. Luna ran in with Snowdrop.

“We look deep inside
Because that’s where we rise up and shine!
We are bold
We are brave
Come let everyone see!
It starts with all of us!”

Snowdrop and Luna spun around in midair, dancing and never leaving each other’s hooves. Then, Sandbar and Gallus entered the circle, and they flew out.

“Woah, woah, hey!
It starts with all of us!”

Gallus and Sandbar held each other tight, kissing. They were ganged up on by their friends and splashed with water. Gallus squawked and waved the others away, and Sandbar pulled him to the top of the stairs.

“Woah, woah, hey!
It starts with all of us!”

As their friends spread out on the deck, doing whatever crazy dances they wanted, Sandbar and Gallus looked into each other’s eyes. Sandbar placed the pin Spitfire had returned to him on Gallus’ suit. They smiled, then kissed again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Hidden Isle, Gabby and Smolder were about finished sweeping the floors for the day. As they talked together in low voices, they heard hoofsteps. Looking up, four royal guards entered the room, surrounding a unicorn stallion in a fresh suit, holding a scroll.

Smolder and Gabby stopped their cleaning and headed forwards. Smolder took the scroll they were offered and unrolled it. Smolder began to read aloud.

“His Royal Majesty, King Sandbar of Equus, and his counselor, Miss Luna of the Hidden Isle, hereby request the pleasure of your company, Smolder and Gabriella, for the current academic year at Equus Prep.” Smolder read in stunned awe

Gabby squealed and leaned over to finish it. “Please notify His Majesty’s couriers of your response to this request. We’d love you to join us at Equus Prep. Will you come? Signed King Sandbar…”

Smolder and Gabby looked at each other, then at the royal guards. Gabby squealed and ran to hug the courier. Smolder jumped up into the air in excitement, both of them ignoring the pounding from the ceiling.

“Zip it up you two!” Garnet’s voice came down as the royal guards led the courier out.

“We get to see Equus!” Gabby shrieked, ignoring Garnet “And see Gildie again!”

“And Celly!” Smolder agreed, hugging Gabby eagerly. The two then bolted off to stow away the scroll and return to their chores with renewed vigor before Gabby would leave to go pack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so far away, a Phoenix of blazing flames sat on a tree branch near Equus’ borders, somehow not scorching the tree. In a flash, it had become Spitfire, who was neatly perched on the branch. She giggled.

“What?” she then leaned back, smirking. “You didn’t think this was the end of the story, did you?”

With that, she cackled and became a Phoenix again, before soaring off, her feathers creating a fiery trail in her wake.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait, wanted to build tension. But here you have it, the not-quite end!

And so...the third book begins...

Hope you enjoyed! See you in the sequel!

~Melody Song

Comments ( 2 )

awesome chapter mate keep it up cant wait for the next story:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment