• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 316 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 316

Things Are Starting To Fall

Sandbar sighed as he looked at Spitfire. “I get that you don’t deserve this.”

Spitfire laughed loudly. “‘This’. This island is a prison thanks to your father!” she said, voice rising. “And don’t pretend to look out for me, because no one is. I look out for myself.”

“So this isn’t your father’s plan?” Sandbar asked “Isn’t that one of your family necklaces?”

“My dad doesn’t care about me either.” Spitfire said, reaching around her neck to touch the necklace, it was now obvious the flame symbol resembled her cutie mark. “Not unless he needs someone to clean shot glasses…”

“I’m sure that hurts…”

“Well I don’t need your pity.” Spitfire snapped, eyes flashing red as the symbol glowed.

“No, you don’t.” Sandbar looked around. “You’re very resourceful, looking at what you’ve done here. And I don’t see you tied up.”

“Alright…” Spitfire stood and got closer. “So let’s trash talk Tempest. I know you’re not hers but you’re her friend.”

“I’d rather talk about you.” Sandbar replied

“Hm, funny and a gentleman.” Spitfire chuckled. “Really hope I don’t have to feed you to the sharks.”

“You don’t.” Sandbar said as she turned her back to him. “Set me free, and we can go back together.”

Spitfire turned with a smirk. “Oh so now I get an invite!” she chuckled. “Gee, I wonder why.”

Sandbar pressed against the mast as she slammed a hoof by his head. Her voice got low.

“When you brought Tempest, Luna, Gallus, and Pharynx to Equus, and then the latter two’s siblings, that’s as mad as I’ve ever been in my life.” she snarled, and her eyes flashed red again. “And trust me, I’ve been plenty mad.” she then backed away.

“I… I never thought of it like that before…” Sandbar murmured “That I would hurt the creatures I didn’t pick. The plan was to start with four kids and bring more over, and it went underway when Ocellus, Thorax, and Gilda came.”

“Guess you were too busy being King to worry about fulfilling that promise.” Spitfire muttered

“I’m so sorry…” Sandbar murmured, looking up. “You’re a leader, Spitfire, and so am I. Come to Equus, and be part of the solution.”

“Me?” Spitfire asked incredulously. “Part of your solution… nah.”

She chuckled and flicked her tail, turning slightly to more fully reveal the necklace.

“I don’t need you. I’m gonna get there on my own. Rainbow!” Spitfire called. Rainbow was at her side instantly. Spitfire smiled and tapped a hoof against the necklace. “Let’s see what this baby can do when it’s fully activated.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pharynx and Gallus jumped out of the carriage when they arrived, Ember fast behind.

“I’ll get the swords.” Pharynx said, noticing Tempest and Luna.

“Hey Ember.” Tempest said, walking over.

“Made ‘em bring me.” Ember explained, going to them.

“I’m glad.” Tempest said with a smirk “Welcome to the Isle.”

Ember looked around, eyes widening. “You… I can’t believe you lived here…”

“You get used to it.” Tempest explained. Ember nodded.

Pharynx and Gallus opened the storage area of the carriage and grabbed the swords. Then, they saw a familiar orange tabby kitten beside the bag of swords.

“And Monarch.” Pharynx said, walking over to the girls to let Gallus handle it.

“I told you to stay, Monarch.” Gallus said, reaching and picking him up.

“What am I, a dog?” Monarch asked.

Gallus sighed and cuddled him. “You’re lucky I love you.” he muttered as he set Monarch down on the ground. “Stay close.”

“Here, let me see it.” Tempest said as they followed Pharynx.

Pharynx smiled and produced the crown. “As you wish.”

Tempest rolled her eyes, then gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “What a beauty. Perfect replica.”

Pharynx blushed. “Listen, Temp, I-”

“It’s okay.” she placed a hoof on his chest. “We’ll talk later, it’s noon.”

Pharynx nodded. “Let’s do this.”

The group headed into a large pipe, Tempest and Pharynx leading them with Gallus and Ember bringing up the rear. Gallus held up a claw as Monarch attempted to follow.

“Stay. I mean it.”

Monarch whined but sat down. They continued on to Airship Bay.

At the bay, it was swarming with creatures. But Spitfire’s airship contained only herself, her crew, and her captive. Tempest led her group towards Spitfire’s ship. Fleetfoot, who was in the crow’s nest, saw them first. She swooped down to Spitfire.

“They’re here.” she whispered, and Spitfire nodded. “I hope thith plan of yourth workth.”

“It will.” Spitfire replied, glancing at her. “Then you and I will be happy.”

Fleetfoot nodded, before heading to join Rainbow and Soarin. Rainbow held Sandbar at the plank, laughing.

“Finally!” Spitfire called, stalking up.

The group of five spread out on the wooden bridges leading to the ship. Tempest stayed on the center one, directly facing Spitfire. Spitfire flared her wings and began to sing, stalking towards them.

“Time to get the party started
Tell me I’m cold-hearted
But there’s no negotiation
I’m not here to be debatin
Need some motivation?
Look at his face
And think about how long I’ll remain patient.”

Spitfire gestured to Sandbar, who was hanging over the edge of the plank, hooves tied. Luna and Pharynx glanced at each other, while Ember leaned on a wood railing and Gallus watched Sandbar fearfully.

“I’ll throw ‘em overboard and let him swim with killer sharks!
Give me the crown or he’ll be ripped apart!”

Tempest stepped forwards, hooves pounding on the wood, commanding attention.

“Let’s all just be smart
Though for you that’s probably hard
You’ll get the crown,
No one has to be harmed!”

Tempest smirked and stepped closer.

“Now, don’t try to intimidate
I know your bark is much worse than your bite
Who’s the worst of them all?
I guess we’re finding out tonight!”

Spitfire stopped her hooves and rose into the air, necklace flashing. Soarin and Fleetfoot flew to her side, and all three began to sing.

“Let’s go, bring it on!
Better give her what she wants!
It’s the crown for the king
If you don’t, things are gonna fall!”

Tempest stomped a hoof and her group began singing as well.

“Let’s go, make a move
Peace or war, that’s up to you!
Give him back and do it now!
If you don’t, things are gonna fall!”

Spitfire drew a sword from her side, Fleetfoot and Soarin following her lead.

“We want the crown
Or else the king is gone!
Your time’s running out
So you should try to watch your mouth!”

Gallus and Ember joined Tempest now, flying over and landing beside her. Pharynx and Luna raised their wings to join them.

“Let’s go then, double down
We are prepared to stand our ground!
Put your swords up, put ‘em up!
Time for things to fall!”

Spitfire flew forwards, as Soarin and Fleetfoot began harmonizing. Rainbow also began harmonizing from where she stood by Sandbar. Spitfire dragged her sword threateningly on the ground as she flew.

“Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, time to make the trade!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, or it’s the plank!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, time to make the trade!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, or it’s the plank!”

Tempest turned her back to them, gathering the others near her. They began murmuring, and Spitfire rolled her eyes, landing and heading for them. Tempest whipped around to face her.

“Look, this isn’t a conversation
It’s a do or die situation
If you don’t give us back the King,
I’ll have no hesitation!”

Tempest’s horn crackled, showing how serious she was. Her spellbook was at the ready in her bags. She need only say the right words.

“I’ll serve you right here,
I don’t need a reservation
This way your whole little crew can have a demonstration
Release him now, and we’ll go our separate ways
Unless you’d rather deal with me and the VC’s.”

Tempest nodded back to the others, but Spitfire merely laughed.

“So that’s your big speech, huh?
Some kind of empty ultimatum?”

Rainbow shot over, smirking as she landed beside Spitfire. Spitfire nodded, giving her permission. Rainbow grinned and raised her sword.

“See, all it’ll take is one swing, then I’ll humiliate him
Matter o’ fact, one move and I’ll debilitate him
If he even barely slips I’ll eliminate him
Just takes one wrong look and I’ll-”

“Dash!” Spitfire shoved her backwards. “We get it, chill.” Rainbow rolled her eyes and backed up, before her crew began to sing again.

“Let’s go, bring it on!
Better give her what she wants!
It’s the crown for the king
If you don’t, things are gonna fall!”

Tempest and the others spread out on the bridge, facing off against them.

“Let’s go, make a move
Peace or war, that’s up to you!
Give him back and do it now!
If you don’t, things are gonna fall!”

Rainbow shoved Sandbar closer to the edge. The rest of Spitfire’s crew began advancing.

“We want the crown
Or else the king is gone!
Your time’s running out
So you should try to watch your mouth!”

Tempest led the others forward as well. She snatched the crown from Pharynx and started walking towards Spitfire.

“Let’s go then, double down
We are prepared to stand our ground!
Put your swords up, put ‘em up!
Time for things to fall!”

“Hey!” Sandbar called, and they all looked over. He took a breath, then began to sing.

“Guys, we don’t have to choose!
We don’t have to light a fuse!
Tempest, whatever we do it’s gonna be a lose-lose!
There’s got to be a better way!”

Sandbar turned to Spitfire.

“Spitfire, I promise I’ll give you a chance!
You’ll have a say!”

Spitfire scoffed, raising her sword to point towards him.

“Silly king! You? Give me?
You’re gonna give me my chance?
Not a chance!”

She smirked as Soarin, Rainbow, and Fleetfoot harmonized again.

“Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, time to make the trade!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, or it’s the plank!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, time to make the trade!
Yo-ho ho-oh oh-oh, or it’s the plank!”