• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 324 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 324

Back Where She Belongs

“What do you mean, ‘she’s gone’?!” Pharynx exclaimed

They were in the boy’s room, all of them. Pharynx, Gallus, Sandbar, Luna, Thorax, Gilda, and Ocellus. Luna was crying.

“She went back to the Isle. She’s gone.”

Pharynx took a breath. “This… guys, this is all my fault. I… I found out she was using magic for everything and I snapped…”

“Well, then we have to go there and get her to come back.” Sandbar said “She belongs here, just like the rest of you.”

“I-I have to apologize.” Pharynx agreed

“You two will never find her alone.” Gilda said “That’s why I’m in.”

“Me too.” Gallus agreed

“And me.” Thorax nuzzled Pharynx. “We’ll get her back Phar.”

“I’m coming too.” Ocellus said

“No, you’re staying. You three all need to stay here.and cover for us.” Luna objected. “Besides, none of us are very popular on the Isle at the moment and Sandbar will be suspicious enough to cover as is. We’ll do this alone.”

“Oh alright.” Gilda sighed. “But if you guys get stuck, we’re coming to rescue you.”

Ocellus hesitated, then spoke. “I-If you see Smolder… can you tell her I miss her?”

Luna nodded and hugged her. “Of course Ocellus.”

“Alright, let’s go.” Pharynx headed for the door.

“Not so fast.” Luna stopped him “First, we need our old outfits, and Sandbar needs some to fit in.”

“Alright, I still have my jacket.” Pharynx headed for the closet.

“So, what do I need to wear?” Sandbar asked

“Well, first…” Gallus reached for the pin Sandbar always let him wear. He unclipped it and gave it to Sandbar. “You and I need to hide this.”

Sandbar nodded and as Luna passed him a jacket from Pharynx’s closet, he tucked it into the pocket.

“That’ll help you blend in. Sorry there’s no time to alter it.”

“It’s fine.”

“Look, we know the Isle.” Pharynx said as he pulled on his leather jacket. “We know how it works, we can get Temp back. But bringing you…”

“She’s my friend too. I want to help.” Sandbar said

“So he gets to go and we can’t?” Gilda asked

“Someone needs to stay behind, otherwise creatures will get suspicious.” Pharynx replied.

“Alright, we’ll leave at once.” Sandbar said, heading out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempest sauntered down the alleys, heading for a specific building. She smiled as she stood before it.

“Garnet and Fume’s Cuts. Just how I remember it. Let’s see if…” Tempest noticed the doors were padlocked.

Tempest scoffed and drew a lock pick out of her saddlebags, picking it easily. She then entered the building, where she heard someone humming.

“Mm-hm, mm-hm, rather be with you. Doesn’t matter who is who…” a orange and purple dragoness was sweeping the floors.

Tempest leaned against the door until the dragon looked up. She gasped and pulled down the headphones she was wearing.

“Temp!” she beamed at her and set the broom aside. “Is Luna back too?! And Celly-er, I mean, Ocellus?”

“Heh, sorry Smolder, just me…” Tempest stepped in. “Where’s Gabby?”

“She’s on break, should be back soon.” Smolder explained

“Ah.” Tempest looked around. “Place looks good.”

Smolder beamed and headed over. “Yeah… about the music, uh, Gabs got me hooked…”

“You don’t need to explain. We all know you enjoy this just as much as Gabs.” Tempest began walking around. “So, your mom given you any customers yet?”

“Just a unicorn here and there…” Smolder sighed “Gabs doesn’t get many either. Mostly we’re just cleaning up, especially when Gar-Gar’s around.”

“Ah.” Tempest tapped one of the chairs.

Then, there was a gasp from the doorway. A gray female griffon was standing there. Tempest smiled.

“Hello Gabby. Long time no see, huh?”

“Tempest!” Gabby shot forwards and hugged her. “You’rebackyou’rebackyou’reback! Is Lu here too, and Gildie?”

“No… they’re back in Equus.” Tempest gasped out.

“Eeek, your mane!” Gabby said, grabbing at the nearly white blonde locks.

“I know… hey… you two used to do Luna, right?”

“Mhm!” Gabby nodded. “I was the one who thought of doing that little braid she had running through her mane at one point.”

“Heh, I remember that.” Tempest chuckled

“And I was the one who wove in the refined gem thread.” Smolder added. “That stuff was so hard to find but so worth it!”

“Any ideas for me then?” Tempest asked

Gabby and Smolder both studied her for a bit.

“Liked your old look better.” Smolder remarked

“I know, but a way to make my old look… twice as good?” Tempest asked

Gabby and Smolder looked at each other, then grinned.

“I think we can figure something out.” Smolder replied

“Yeah! The washed out blonde and pink tips so isn’t you.” Gabby added

“Just one question.” Smolder said as Tempest sat in one of the hair salon chairs.

“Yes?”

“How far can we go?” she asked with a devilish grin.

Tempest smiled. “The works. I mean, obviously whatever makes me feel like me again, but… way worse.”

“Yay!” Gabby cheered, as Smolder grabbed some scissors.

First, the two girls washed out Tempest’s mane, returning it to its usual magenta shade. Due to the water, her mane hung down around her. Smolder began cutting off parts of it, then placed curlers in a mohawk style, to help it reform back to the original style Tempest had put it in.

“Here we go… just lie back.” Gabby said, beginning to give Tempest a hooficure. She just sighed and resigned herself to it.

Eventually, the two girls finished and led Tempest to a cracked mirror. She was actually taken aback when she saw her reflection. They’d put her mane back into its magenta mohawk style, however, they’d changed the color.

It was magenta, but had a large splash of light purple down the frill. The two had also pulled some of her mane away from the mohawk and braided it. The braids ended by Tempest’s right ear, where a golden ear cuff held them in place. It was shaped like a lightning bolt.

“Oh wow. That’s me alright.” Tempest turned to them and smirked, pulling out ten Equus bits and giving five each to Gabby and Smolder.

“Woah…” Smolder looked at the shiny coins.

“For us?” Gabby asked

“Yeah, you two earned it.” Tempest told them, looking back at her reflection.

Smolder and Gabby rushed to put it in the register by the entrance. But as they headed over, a rainbow maned pegasus entered, holding out her wing.

“Fork it over, runts.” she said harshly. Her mane was held back with a bandanna and a single earring rested in her left ear. Rainbow Dash.

Smolder and Gabby hesitated, then dropped the coins into Rainbow Dash’s wing. She stuffed them into the blue and yellow leather jacket she wore, and then tapped the counter.

“The rest of it.” she directed

Tempest watched as Smolder and Gabby emptied the register into Rainbow Dash’s jacket.

“Thank you.” she said before turning to leave.

“Still running errands for Spitfire, or do you actually get to keep what you steal?” Tempest finally spoke

Rainbow Dash turned back with a grin. “Well well well… what a nice surprise.”

“Hello Rainbow Dash.”

“Just wait until Spit hears you’re back. You know, she’s never gonna give you back your old stomping grounds.”

“Oh, that’s okay. I’ll be taking it, not asking politely.” Tempest said with a smirk.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. “I could hurt you.”

“Not without dear old Spitty’s permission, I bet.” Tempest retorted

Rainbow pulled away from their face-off and turned to the door. She strode over, knocked some bottles and cans off the counter with her wing, then left. Gabby and Smolder began picking up the fallen items.

“Great, more sweeping.” Smolder muttered