• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 316 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 316

A Twisted Night

“Let’s give Equus a taste of evil…” Tempest said, standing over a boiling cauldron, surrounded by Pharynx, in his leather jacket, Luna, and Gallus.

Gallus and Pharynx poured chocolate bars into the mixtures, and Tempest read from the spellbook held aloft in her magic.

“Twisted ways lie beneath everyone’s skin, let this treat help them learn to join in…” Tempest spoke, looking around at her friends with a smirk as they began singing.

“We got all the ways to be
T-W-I-S-T-E-D
We got all the ways to be
T-W-I-S-T-E-D”

Pharynx beckoned to them as they removed the chocolate, laughing.

“Come on!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, hey, hey, hey.”

Tempest strutted down the hallway. She was pulling a cart of eggs, spray paint, and toilet paper.

“Crashing the party,
Think they lost my invitation
Here’s a friendly reminder:
I’ve got my own type of persuasion”

She opened her spellbook, grinning as her horn ignited, levitating the chocolate bars to the nearby students, who gobbled them up immediately. They then began defacing the school property with the things Tempest had brought. Gallus ran by, tossing chocolate bars to other students.

“I think this place could use
A bit of misbehavior
A happy ever after
With a little hint of flavor!”

Gallus sang, then leapt into the air and did a few loops before landing beside Gilda.

In the gym, Pharynx held out a bag of chocolate bars, Ocellus and Thorax hesitantly trying some. They then began helping to toss the chocolate bars to other students. Pharynx grinned.

“We’re bad to the bone
Even worse intentions
Gonna steal the show
Leave ‘em all defenseless.”

Luna set a chocolate brownie on Rising Dawn’s desk, lighting up her horn to make chocolate bars appear on the student’s desks.

“A fairytale life can be
Oh, so overrated,
So let’s raise our voices
Let’s get activated.”

Luna smiled as they all ate the chocolate, then began leaping around the room, throwing papers around and dancing on the tables. It was the same everywhere else. Each of the villain creatures began singing from where they were in the school.

“Long live havin’ some fun!
We take what we want!
There’s so many ways to be twisted!
With us, evil lives on, right side or wrong
There’s so many ways to be twisted!”

As students began pouring out of the school, heading outside, they all joined in.

“Chocolate, chocolate,
Dip, dip
Wanna try it?
Tick, tock
Take a bite,
Come on, be bold
Change the way your story’s told!”

Luna and Tempest stood at the end of the crowd of non-corrupted students getting their lunch. Every time one passed, one of them levitated a chocolate bar onto the tray. Tempest smiled as she sang.

“Time spent in the dark
Finally getting some attention.”

The courtyard flickered out and changed abruptly to show Luna sitting at the teacher’s desk Rising Dawn had abandoned. She lifted up a book.

“We’re twisted by the book,
Now class is back in session!”

Pharynx stood in the center of a crowd, Ocellus and Thorax standing on either side of him.

“You like it, steal it!
Gotta beat them to treasure!”

Gallus and Gilda swooped into a podium from above, and Gallus smirked. He tossed two chocolate bars to Sandbar’s parents, who bit into them.

“Just a rite of passage.”

From wherever they were, everyone sang.

“Bad doesn’t get much better!

Long live havin’ some fun!
We take what we want!
There’s so many ways to be twisted!
With us, evil lives on, right side or wrong
There’s so many ways to be twisted!”

Tempest stood by the flagpole, and switched the flags, the new one she raised showing the Storm King’s emblem. The other villain creatures headed for her. Tempest closed her eyes as the flag rose up.

“Father, always knows best.”

Luna lifted up her book, opening it.

“Show them, pass every test.”

Gallus flew over, covering his ears.

“Hear his voice in my head!”

Pharynx landed and smirked as he stalked forwards to stand beside Tempest.

“Evil is the only...”

All four of them circled around each other, grinning.

“Real way to win!”

All the students emerged, lining up behind them. Gilda, Thorax, and Ocellus were at the front, the original villain creatures heading the charge.

“We got all the ways to be-
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
T-W-I-S-T-E-D!”

“Let’s go!” Pharynx cheered

“We got all the ways to be
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
T-W-I-S-T-E-D!”

Long live havin’ some fun!
We take what we want!
There’s so many ways to be twisted!
With us, evil lives on, right side or wrong
There’s so many ways to be twisted!”

They began vandalizing parts of the school. The students ran around, laughing and doing what they pleased.

“Cruel or unusual,
Taking control!
There’s so many ways to be twisted!
With us, evil lives on, right side or wrong!
There’s so many ways to be twisted!”

They went out to the front of the school, Tempest leading them. She smirked as they danced.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey!
We got all the ways to be
T-W-I-S-T-E-D!
We got all the ways to be
T-W-I-S-T-E-D!
We got all the ways to be
T-W-I-S-T-E-D!
We got all the ways to be-”

Tempest stopped, standing in front with an evil smirk.

“So many ways to be twisted!”

“Gah!” Tempest shot straight up in bed. Panting, she looked around.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?”

“Ph-Pharynx?” Tempest rubbed her eyes. The changeling was smiling at her sheepishly. “What are you doing in here?”

“W-Well, Gallus and Thorax are snoring really loud and…”

Tempest sighed. Thorax had been given a bed in Gallus and Pharynx’s room, as there was no one for him to share a dorm with. Gilda and Ocellus were lucky and had been paired together in an extra dorm.

“Come on then…” she sighed

Pharynx smiled and laid down in the bed, snuggling up to Tempest. She giggled and wrapped her forelegs around him, nestling closer. He put a hoof in her mane. Tempest sighed. She regretted it, but a while back, she’d changed it to be a light blonde with light pink tips, along with leaving it down. Pharynx didn’t seem to mind, but she knew he preferred her magenta mane.

“How’d you get in anyway?”

“Picked the lock. They need better security.” Pharynx kissed Tempest’s forehead. “You were thrashing around a bit, what was that about?”

Tempest frowned, but simply snuggled closer to him. “D-Don’t worry about it… just get some sleep. Long day ahead, right?”

“Mhm.” Pharynx nuzzled her. “Night Tempy.”

“Heh… night Phary.” Tempest closed her eyes. “Just forget about it. Dreams don’t mean anything…”

Author's Note:

It's finally here~! The sequel to Descendants of the Isle! I finished up the third one sooner than I expected (context in this blog, in case you missed it) so you get this early! Enjoy!

~Melody Song