• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 324 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 324

An Unexpected Development

Sandbar sighed as he looked at Gallus. “I’m sorry. It all happened so fast. Something just happened to me when I was on the Isle with Spitfire. A connection.” he looked at her, smiling.

“Wh-What are you saying?” Gallus rasped, throat tightening.

“I’m saying…”

“It was love.” Spitfire said, giggling. “It was… I just… I realized how alike we are, you know?”

Gallus blinked back tears, as Sandbar touched noses with her.

“We are.” he said “You look so beautiful.”

“Sandy.” Gallus spoke, but he didn’t respond. “Sandbar.”

He glanced at him. Gallus shook his head in disbelief.

“Y-You went back for her?”

“He didn’t have to.” Spitfire replied “I dove through the barrier before it closed and I’m a great flyer.”

“You are…” Sandbar murmured

“Thank you.” Spitfire smiled at him.

Gallus didn’t understand. Sandbar was Bisexual, he’d said it himself, so it made sense it would be possible for him to love a girl. He used to date Yona, after all. But… there was no way he would have just… changed his mind. Gallus bit back a sob.

Spitfire turned and went to him, taking his claw. “Listen, Gallus… I just really want to thank you. I do. For everything.” she suddenly hugged him. “Thank you so much.”

Gallus’ breaths were shallow and ragged as he struggled not to cry. Sandbar stepped forwards.

“Don’t you see Gallus? You were right.” he took Spitfire’s hoof. “You knew we weren’t meant to be together, that’s why you never told me you loved me.”

Gallus’ eyes widened and he covered his beak with a claw. Sandbar just smiled at him briefly before returning his gaze to Spitfire. He took her hooves in his, beaming. Music began playing from the DJ booth, and Spitfire and Sandbar began dancing, eyes only for each other.

Gallus just stared, then retreated, grabbing onto Gilda and hugging his sister, crying. She wrapped her forelegs around him, glaring at the new couple.

“It’s okay…” she murmured, taking Gallus away from Sandbar and Spitfire, and to the others.

“Not too thrilled I risked my life for him.” Tempest muttered, glaring at Sandbar.

Luna and Gilda each held one of Gallus’ forelegs in comfort as he watched Sandbar and Spitfire in stunned silence. Ember and Thorax came over, followed by Celestia, then Ocellus and Snowdrop. Tempest and Pharynx also moved closer to Gallus.

“We’re with you Gallus.” Ember told him

As Sandbar and Spitfire continued dancing, they passed by the cluster of friends. Gallus sobbed quietly. Gilda rubbed his back.

“Let’s get out of here.” she whispered to her brother.

They walked around Sandbar and Spitfire, heading for the stairs they’d come down. They passed by Sea Kelp and Shell Scallop, and Sea Kelp reached out a hoof to stop Gallus.

“Gallus.”

Shell Scallop, cradling Sandbar’s squirming sister, spoke up. “We’re so sorry honey, we had no idea…”

“I’ll talk to him, I promise.” Sea Kelp added

As Gallus sobbed, tears rolling down his face, Celestia bolted past them.

“Tia?” Luna looked up at her.

“Luminescent, unveil the gift, they have to see it!” she begged the steward. He nodded, startled.

“A-And now,” he began, making everyone pause, “For the unveiling of King Sandbar’s masterpiece, designed especially for his mate.”

They all turned and watched, Gallus wiping his eyes. The trumpets sounded as the tarp-covered frame was unveiled. Gallus gasped along with the crowd.

It was a stained glass window of them both at sunrise. Gallus was hovering and flying down to a kneeling Sandbar. Sandbar’s hooves were outstretched, he was smiling. Crowns rested on both their heads, and while Sandbar’s likeness wore his green suit, Gallus’ wore the gloves and flight goggles Sandbar had given him.

Gallus stared at it in shock. Celestia trotted back to them, beaming. Sandbar moved slowly towards the stained glass window.

“S-Sandy did that?” Gallus asked

“Yes, he did.” Celestia said, smiling softly at Gallus. “He made it for you.”

“Oh…” Gallus stepped closer. “S-Sandy knew who I was all along…”

“He loves the real you, Gallus.” Tempest spoke, smiling.

“True love…” Gallus breathed

“Told you.” Gilda teased.

As everyone stood, transfixed, Spitfire stormed towards the stairs.

“Cover that back up!” she ordered

“I will not.” the steward, Luminescent, replied, affronted.

“Um…” Spitfire turned to Sandbar, who was looking over at her. “Why don’t you tell everyone the present you have for me, Sandbar?”

Sandbar blinked, then nodded. “I have an announcement! Spitfire will be joining the court tonight as my lady.”

The crowd began muttering and talking amongst themselves.

“Son-” Sea Kelp began to say.

“Not now, Dad!” Sandbar shouted, slamming his hoof on the ground. His eyes widened slightly and he backed up as the crowd gasped.

Gallus’ mouth was open in shock. Meanwhile, Tempest’s face was scrunched in thought. Sandbar would never usually scream, much less at either of his parents. Sandbar regained his train of thought.

“A-And, so, as my gift, uh, to her… I’m bringing down the barrier once and for all.”

Everyone gasped in alarm and shock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the bar on the Hidden Isle, the rest of Spitfire’s crew were watching the broadcast. Rainbow Dash slammed a mug of cider down on the table in celebration at the announcement.

“Crew, we rise like the north wind!” she shouted

Soarin and Fleetfoot both cheered.

“I knew Thpitty’th plan would work!” Fleetfoot cried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the boat, everyone was murmuring and talking to each other, in shock. Spitfire watched this with what could have been a smirk. Sandbar reached out a hoof.

“Rising Dawn! Bring down the barrier.” he commanded

Rising Dawn gasped, and Nebula Star laid a wing across her sister’s back. “I most certainly will not!” Rising Dawn exclaimed.

“I am your King!” Sandbar shouted

“Obey him.” Spitfire added, in a lower voice but just as commanding.

As this caused more gasps, Tempest realized it.

“Sandbar’s been spelled!” she hissed to the group, who all looked at her.

As Spitfire grabbed Sandbar’s hooves, forcing him to look at her, Pharynx realized it.

“Spitfire found your spellbook…”

Tempest nodded. “I-I was sure I had it in my bag, it must’ve fallen somewhere…”

As Spitfire began whispering to Sandbar, Gallus watched.

“S-So what do we do?”

Tempest looked up, and saw the stained glass window. She focused on Gallus’ likeness.

“I’ve got it.” she leaned over and whispered something to Gallus, who nodded.

Gallus stepped forwards. “Sandbar.”