• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 324 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 324

Meeting Halfway

Tempest and Luna began talking as they walked through the alleys.

“That lesson was epic… went on for days.”

“Like it mattered, right?”

“Yeah… and they were both…”

“Undone by true love’s kiss.” Luna finished

“Works every time.” they said together, laughing.

Luna sighed. “I really thought… that’s what you and Pharynx had… and what Gallus and Sandbar…”

Tempest sighed. “I’m not going back, Luna. I can’t. I really tried to tell you. I mean…” she smiled. “I saw the way your face lit up, back when we walked into that dorm room for the first time. I couldn’t ruin that for you.”

“If you’re staying, I am too.” Luna said

“No.” Tempest smiled. “You’re an Equus girl, Luna. I’m an Isle girl. That’s just the way it has to be.”

Luna sighed as Tempest flung a rock at the sign, and they headed upstairs.

As they walked up the stairs, Luna stopped and leaned against a railing, then began singing.

“I didn’t know anything you
Were going through
I thought everything was fine
What could you have had to hide?”

Tempest sighed and joined her, staring into the distance.

“I didn’t want to let anyone down
But now that the truth is out…
It was tearing me apart
I had to listen to my heart
And I just had to go.”

Luna looked over at her, the alicorn’s long and flowing mane shielding her face.

“I would never stop you.”

“Even though we changed?”

“Nothing between us has to change.”

Luna put a hoof on top of Tempest’s, and the broken horned mare smiled slightly. They sang together.

“And you can meet me halfway
The space where two worlds meet
I’ll never be out of your reach”

Tempest closed her eyes, smiling as her throat tightened. She reflected on their past times together, tears spilling down her cheeks as she and Luna sang.

“Cause you are a part of me
So we can meet halfway
We’ll never be alone,
No matter where we go
We can meet halfway.”

They made it up to Tempest’s flat and Tempest took Luna’s hooves.

“There are no words left for me to say.”

“And I know you have to find your own place.”

Luna sang those words as tears of her own fell. Tempest hugged her, crying.

“But this isn’t the end-”

“No, it could never be
You’re a part of who I am.”

They looked at each other, smiling. Tempest sang softly.

“Even if we’re worlds apart,
You remain in my heart
It will always be you and me.”

Luna started the next part.

“We can meet halfway,”

Then they sang as one as they headed deeper into the room.

“The space where two worlds meet.”

Luna’s smile widened as she stared across at Tempest.

“I’ll never be out of your reach.”

“I’ll never be out of your reach, oh…”

They took hooves, smiling.

“Cause you are a part of me
So we can meet halfway!”

They stepped back, and Luna put a hoof to her chest, smiling.

“You know you’ll never be alone”

“And no matter where we go…”

They sang together.

“We can meet halfway…”

Tempest giggled and hugged her.

“Yeah… no matter where we go…”

“No matter where we go…”

“We can meet… halfway…” they finished together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallus and Pharynx were sleeping in a couple chairs in their dorm room. The printer beeped, and Thorax, who was nearby with Monarch, reached and tapped his brother on the shoulder.

“Pharynx, it’s done.”

“What? Gallus!”

“Whasgoin’on?!” Gallus shot up, then saw the crown. “Yes!”

“Not bad.” Pharynx said as he pulled it out to examine it. “Let’s go.”

They grabbed their things and headed out.

“Alright, Thorax, look after Monarch.” Gallus said

“But I wanna come!” Monarch whined from Thorax’s hooves.

“No Monarch, you stay.” Gallus ordered “We’ll be back with Sandy before you know it.”

With that, the two left. Thorax set Monarch down and went to his bed.

Pharynx and Gallus raced out to the carriage, Pharynx holding the fake crown.

“Hey, guys!” Snowdrop raced up, and Pharynx shoved the fake crown into his leather jacket. “Have you two seen Luna?”

“She… went to visit her mom.” Gallus said

“Then why didn’t Celestia go with her?”

“You know how spontaneous she is, probably wanted to make it a private thing.” Pharynx said

Snowdrop raised a brow but headed inside.

“Later Snow!” they called, then turned around… to find themselves face to face with Ember.

“I’m coming with you guys.” Ember announced, a bag of swords across her back.

“What?” Gallus asked, laughing. “We don’t need swords at the… bakery.”

Ember rolled her eyes. “You’re going to the Hidden Isle to rescue Sandbar. Either you take me or I tell Rising Dawn.”

Gallus and Pharynx looked at each other, then Gallus sighed. “A-Alright…”

“Yes!” Ember pumped a fist. “Well, let’s go then.”

They sighed and nodded, leading Ember towards the carriage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a certain part of the Hidden Isle known as Airship Bay, Spitfire and her crew stood aboard a large airship. It was docked in the water, and tied to the mast, being circled by Soarin and Rainbow Dash, was Sandbar.

“Heh, how’s it feel to be the king now?” Rainbow chuckled

“Give it a rest you two.” Spitfire sauntered up. “We don’t want damaged goods.”

“You said we could toss him overboard.” Soarin complained

“At noon.” Spitfire told him

Rainbow checked a long chained watch, then turned it to Sandbar. “Twenty more minutes.”

Sandbar examined it. “It says 11:30.”

Rainbow blinked and looked at it, then blushed and stowed it away. Sandbar looked back at Spitfire, finding her standing nearby.

“You better hope your little boyfriend comes through.” Spitfire remarked.

Sandbar sighed, looking at the ground. “I… I don’t think he’s my boyfriend anymore.”

Spitfire chuckled. “Leave us alone Soarin, Dash.”

They nodded, trotting away. As they passed Sandbar, they nudged him.

“Hope this plan of hers works.” Rainbow muttered as they moved away from the two.

“Fleet’ll be mad if it doesn’t.” Soarin responded “Or if it does.”