• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 324 Views, 68 Comments

Descendants of the Isle 2: Back Among The Hidden - Melody Song



The VCs have been living in the United Kingdoms of Equus for a while now, but Tempest is starting to get lingering doubts about whether she truly belongs there, and Gallus and Sandbar have been having relationship troubles.

  • ...
13
 68
 324

Amends Can't Always Come Easy

Tempest and Spitfire stared at each other, snarling. Sandbar turned to look at Spitfire, holding out a hoof.

“Spitfire, I know you want what’s best for the Hidden Isle. Help me make a difference, you don’t have to go down a path you’ll regret.”

They waited, holding their breaths. Tempest made the thunder crackle ominously to remind Spitfire to make a decision. Then…

Spitfire hesitated, then reached to her chest. She undid Sandbar’s green pin, holding it in her hoof. She lifted it with a red aura, looking at it. Then, she closed her eyes and pushed her hooves away from her chest. The pin flew into Sandbar’s outstretched hoof, unharmed though surrounded by flames. He pulled the pin closer, looking down at it, then up at Spitfire.

Spitfire gave him a pained smile. “It’s all for the better…” she whispered. “I was dating Fleetfoot anyway.”

With that, she performed a corkscrew, spinning in midair. The flames covered her body entirely and in her place was a Phoenix. It cawed at them before turning and flying towards the Hidden Isle.

Sandbar looked at Gallus, who nuzzled him before flying them both back to the airship. Tempest followed, walking calmly. Lightning formed under her hooves to support her as her lightning wings disappeared. She landed on the deck and stepped into the waiting hooves of Pharynx.

Gallus and Sandbar landed on the deck next. Gallus set Sandbar down before landing beside him. Their friends gathered around.

“Great job Sandbar.” Snowdrop said, smiling softly. Sandbar nodded, smiling back.

Sandbar and Gallus were led to the center of the deck, Tempest beside them. The others aboard the ship cheered as Sea Kelp and Shell Scallop went to their son.

“Heh, have to admit… I did not know I could do that.” Tempest chuckled

“That makes two of us.” Pharynx smirked

Tempest chuckled, then looked to Sandbar and Gallus. “But you two were the ones who saved the day.”

“I guess so…” Gallus said with a smile. Monarch, forgotten in all the excitement, ran to Gallus and clambered onto his back.

Gallus and Sandbar then looked at each other, and Gallus brought Sandbar in for a kiss. They held onto each other until Gilda, smirking, put a claw on Gallus’ back to pull him away.

“Alright, alright…” Gilda chuckled

“Heh, how about that son of mine.” Sea Kelp smiled

“Ours.” Shell Scallop corrected, nuzzling Coral Reef. The foal giggled.

“Ours.” Sea Kelp agreed with a smile.

“Heh, and how about his boyfriend?” Shell Scallop chuckled. “I think we’re in very good hooves here.”

“Very good hooves indeed.” Sea Kelp slipped a hoof around Shell Scallop as they watched their eldest child.

Sandbar looked around at his group of friends. “I… I owe you guys so much.”

Luna nodded. “Yeah.”

“Yep.” Pharynx said

“Got that right.” Tempest chuckled

“Heh, well, if there is anything that you need, or anything I can do for you…”

“Actually…” Ocellus crept forwards, blushing slightly. “There is…”

“Oh?” Sandbar smiled at her. “Well, heh, you are Pharynx’s sister. So what do you need?”

Ocellus blushed, then looked out to the Hidden Isle, bright blue eyes full of longing.

“I know two girls over there who’d… who’d really love to come to Equus. And…” Ocellus blushed even harder. “And who Gilda and I would love to see again…”

“Well, alright, who are they?” Sandbar asked

Ocellus giggled. “It’s… Garnet and Fume’s daughter, Smolder, and…”

Gilda stepped up. “Gabby, short for Gabriella. She’s the daughter of two members of the Griff-Gang, which was the Grýpas Talons rival gang.”

Luna stepped forward. “I can vouch for them. Smolder and Gabby… they’re like little sisters to me.”

Sandbar smiled. “Then they will come.”

Ocellus and Gilda beamed, murmuring thanks. Ocellus lunged forwards to hug Sandbar briefly before the two backed up into the crowd. Luna smiled at them, then looked back to Sandbar.

“And while I’m up here…” Luna smiled. “Sandbar, there’s a lot of kids over there who would love to come to Equus. Creatures just like us, who deserve a second chance. Could I… maybe get you a list?”

“Yes, absolutely.” Sandbar smiled at her. “Please. I could use the help.”

Luna beamed as everyone began cheering and clapping. One of the servants suddenly came up.

“Miss Shadow.” the servant revealed a familiar book. “We discovered your spellbook below deck. Spitfire had it.”

Tempest lifted the book in her crackling magic. She stared at it, then looked at Pharynx, who was giving her a knowing look. She nodded back, then looked up.

“You know… this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hooves of Rising Dawn.”

“Indeed it does.” Rising Dawn trotted up, lifting the book in her magic. Tempest smiled softly.

“This should go to the museum.”

“And I will make sure it gets there.” Rising Dawn smiled kindly. “Thank you for choosing to give this up.”

“No, thank you.” Tempest looked at Pharynx with a smile. “I’m not going to be needing it anymore.” she murmured, and he nuzzled her. She smiled at him. At last, she was truly beginning to fit in among the creatures of Equus. Giving up her spellbook was all she needed to do.

Rising Dawn returned to Nebula Star’s side, tucking Tempest's spellbook into her purse, and Gallus and Sandbar looked to each other, smiling lovingly. Then, Gallus kicked some of the water on the deck at Sandbar, making everyone gasp and laugh at the action. Sandbar smirked, and kicked some right back. Gallus yelped, shielding himself as even more laughter started up.

“Ahh! Sandy!” Gallus protested, though he smiled as Sandbar wrapped his hooves around him.

Sandbar nuzzled Gallus, and they stared into each other’s eyes, blushing and smiling. The entire crowd "aww"d at them, and they blushed even harder, looking around them.

"Heh... now that that's over... I think it's time to get this party started." Sandbar kissed Gallus' cheek gently. "For real this time."

"I think that's a great idea Sandy." Gallus said, smiling at him.