• Published 11th Feb 2021
  • 1,191 Views, 16 Comments

A Fiery Friend - Rubae



I definitely should've known better than to buy strange flaming katanas from an even stranger merchant. They may have not been worth it

  • ...
7
 16
 1,191

Fired into the Town

My POV

Twilight, Spike, and I were just exiting the Everfree as one of us finally said something, now in the morning, after a whole trek of silence. I was still a little lost in my own head about what was going on with me and I bet they were wondering the same thing.

"So can I ask what you are and where did you come from?" asked Spike as he temporarily deadpanned at me.

"I suppose that's a fair question given I know myself I fell out of the air on a ball of fire, " I stated, "Let's talk about it on the way to the Ponyville Hospital or just your home if you believe you're okay enough?"

"I do have the right healing materials at my home and am well educated in healing magic. The most I'll need would be a good night's rest. Okay, let's head to my home, Golden Oaks library," said Twilight as she pointed in another direction, although I think I know the way already from the show. Still, the mention of the library luckily narrowed this time down to postseason3/preSeason4 finale combined with the fact she's an alicorn.

As we headed over to Golden Oaks I said, "Anyways to answer your question, I'm from somewhere very distant and accidentally came here in all honesty, as for what I am is a hybrid. I am a half-dragon and half-human being. This mixture of species traits gives me extra new ones neither side of me has but can be considered similar to them. That is what you saw back there."

"Wait human? Isn't that what Lyra is always going on about, Twilight? They actually exist?"

"Of course not Spike, humans are simply myths made from the past, " said Twilight.

"You realize you just disrespected my mother right?" I said while glaring at Twilight. I knew my actual mother was really back at my universe, but for some reason, the comment still did hurt and made me want to defend my "mother's" honor. Twilight simply replied by turning to me and giving a nervous chuckle.

"Heh..."

"You know what, forget it. Anyways, something else you should know is I actually have amnesia. The only things I do remember are basic facts about myself like what I've mentioned so far and a brief few moments before I was sent here," I said as we exited the forest. Based on her reaction to humans it also seemed to show she hadn't gone to the EqG world yet either, narrowing this time down very specifically in between season 3 and the first EqG movie.

"Wait amnesia, " said Twilight as she comprehended my words and turned to me, " how then were you able to fight so flawlessly back there?"

"I suppose you could consider it part of the basic facts about me I mentioned, plus it feels like a natural instinct to me, like the fighting style is genetically imbued in me."

"Incredible!" Twilight exclaimed, " Spike, please make sure to get all this down."

"Way ahead of you Twilight, " said the young drake who knew that Twilight would want to record this. He was already holding the notepad and quill they had brought to the forest to get recordings of the strange meteor and scribbling away. "I would like to ask my own question?" Spike said to which I replied with a nod, " How did you manage to seemingly dissipate those swords you were holding? One moment they were in your hands, then they seemingly turn into fire and disappear. Also, I don't remember you having them when we saw you unconscious before the fight."

"That's right, you didn't see me summoning them when I did, " I remembered, "Well another ability I have is summoning my weapons. You'll see these red gems, rubies to be exact, at my elbows. These gems are considered magical in a sense. They store a large amount of energy that I can take out in the form of dual flaming katanas by converting that energy into mass. Although, keeping some of it as energy creates the flames. Once I'm done using them I convert them back into energy, no longer controlling it, and because that energy is local to the rubies they return to them."

"So basically converting mass and energy back and forth?"

"In simpler terms, yes and based on the name, I'm guessing this is your home," I mentioned as we walked up to the tree library.

"Yup, welcome to Golden Oaks Library," Spike said as we walked in, " our home as well as the town local library."

"Alright, let's lay Twilight down somewhere then and get to work with any healing process she'll need."

Spike then gave me a slight nod as he helped me lay her down on her bed upstairs. "Alright Twilight," Spike said, "what do you need to help with your healing."

"I'll really only need rest actually with my new alicorn abilities, " Twilight said thinking to herself out loud, "Also, you don't actually have a place to stay do you, just arriving in this world?"

"Yeah, I hadn't actually thought about that"

"Well, until further notice, you can stay here, " she said, "There are sleeping bags in the closet downstairs."

I looked at her with a grateful perspective, " Thank you so much! I promise not to be a hassle!"

"Honestly, you can't be more a hassle than the rest of what happens in this town, " Twilight smirked.

I gave her a friendly nod before letting her get her rest and making sure I knew where that closet and sleeping bag were for later tonight. However, as I casually put my hands in my pockets I noticed a small piece of paper. In case it was something from the Merchant I moved away from others as casually as possible and read the paper:

Here's a final gift from me and before the audience wonders, yes, it's a prophecy:

The MANE7's final return

By the End of Time, Tartarus must burn

With Hearts completely full of sorrow

Two mortal souls must hollow

*****

Author's Note:

Nope, This isn't dead yet, although it was pretty close honestly. I may not update too frequently still, but I'll do my best. Also, feel free to wonder what the prophecy means since most prophecies are never straightforward

Comments ( 3 )

Been waiting so long worth it

Login or register to comment