• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 1,691 Views, 73 Comments

Butterflies - TheRedArmy



Rarity's unexpected affection makes Twilight wonder if her friend has feelings for her.

  • ...
7
 73
 1,691
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 18 )

Author's Note: Really sorry about the delay, guys. First there was problems with our internet at the house, so I couldn't reliably get on. Then other computers in the house could get on, but mine couldn't. I finally figured out it was a DNS error. I tried loads of different solutions and one eventually worked. I feel like explaining DNS because it's kinda interesting, so if you want to find out about it, keep reading this.
So when 99% of people access the internet and want to go to a particular webpage they use a URL, such as google.com or fimfiction.net. However, computers themselves don't use URLs - they use IP addresses. When a person types in a URL to an internet browser, the computer does a check to see which IP address matches the URL typed in, and then sends the person to that IP address. This check is called a DNS check. An easy way to tell if you truly have a DNS failure is to type in an IP address as opposed to a URL. If you go to the web page of, say, google, by typing in it's IP (whatever it is), then you can be fairly confident you have a DNS error on your hands if you couldn't access the page by typing in the URL.
I didn't really know about any of this before my own problems, so it was interesting to see what goes into the internet a little deeper than I had seen in the past. There are several public DNS servers for anyone to use, but most Internet Service Providers use their own DNS servers for their customers. I assume this is because if it is an error on their end, they can rely on their own techs to fix the problem rather than some college kid with a Macbook in Bone Fuck Egypt.
Anyway, I thought it was interesting and decided to share that. Sorry for the delay. Enjoy Chapter 5!

Poor Twilight . . . there needs to be a sad Twilight emoticon.

That realization had to sting.... :fluttercry:

poor, poor twilight :fluttershysad:

The clop was decent, especially for someone who had never written sex before. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

1330473 Ah, thank for the input. I was really nervous about it. I actually looked up horse breeeding on wikipedia to make sure I was anatomically correct. I have read erotica before, though not clop, so I kinda knew what I was doing, but I hadn't really analyzed anything I had read...I was preoccupied, I guess.:twilightblush: So perhaps I'll go back and look at it from a literary perspective later.

Hmm, well executed if a bit rough around the edges. Then again practice makes perfect as they say. Altogether an enjoyable read. I just hope twilight doesn't brood over this and hurt herself in the process.

1330210

If you`re using some site really often - like fimfiction, for example, you might write it`s resolution into hosts file. This way, even if DNS is completely down, you can access the site, because your computer has saved IP of it. Of course, if site moves, you`ll have to update the record. Oh, and if your local DNS gives up the ghost for some reason, try 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 - those are Google public DNS servers.

___

I`m not really sure Twilight would actually say anything to Rarity at this point. She`d be too scared of ruining things between Rarity and Fluttershy, and consequently, ruining her own friendship with both of them to speak up.

1332703

Or just set up your own caching DNS servers :-P

Pretty good for a person who has never written clop before. Also, twirityshy/twishyrity whatever it's called, ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!! In the wise words of toby turner: HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT!!! Can't wait :pinkiehappy:

Worth the wait.
You sir, are a great writer.
Can't wait for more. :scootangel:

We haven't had a really good triple-relationship fic since Out In the Cold's Twilight/Trixie/Luna and their resulting daughter Midnight.

So... hey, maybe it's time for a little Flutwirity to sidle up to that Twixiluna.

Then again, Fluttershy did say it was just sex for fun. If Twi discovers she's open, she and Rarity could couple up and there's no reason Fluttershy couldn't have her spa dates with Rarity. Or Twi. Or Rarity and Twi. Because fuck yeah why not. My rabid shipper is in overdrive.

awesome story, i'm definately going to follow it. i did notice one error though.

Rarity wrapped her front hooves around Fluttershy's lower back and began licking the unicorn's wet opening.
Fluttershy isn't a unicorn

zel

1422900
You are right, how could I miss this? (ಠ_ಠ)

CAN'T WAIT FOR...



MOOOOOOAAARRRRRRR :flutterrage:


XD

Comment posted by Poniponiponi deleted Dec 11th, 2021
Login or register to comment