• Published 10th Jul 2020
  • 308 Views, 26 Comments

Bugs, Fluff and Other Stuff - Silent Whisper



A collection of mini-fics. Probably tastes vaguely of cinnamon. Void where prohibited by law. Batteries not included. Made in a facility that processes peanuts. A 15% gratuity will be automatically applied to parties with 6 people or more.

  • ...
2
 26
 308

Bon-Bon's Delivery

Bon-Bon sighed as she slumped against the rooftop. It’d been over three hours since she’d gotten the letter, and none of the ponies she was supposed to meet had arrived.

It wasn’t the first time she’d gotten faulty intel, not in the slightest, but a part of her wished they’d picked just about any other day to be wrong. It had rained earlier that morning, and the leftover dampness soaked through her lightweight jumpsuit and into her fur.

She grit her teeth and peered at the business entryway beneath her, trying to push past the chill. If it were any other customer, she’d have called it quits. Three hours with wet fur might’ve sounded awfully petty, but she was a professional, and she had standards. Unfortunately, the Lady Rarity held her contracted employees to higher standards, and the pay often reflected that.

So Bon-Bon took a deep breath in, slowly let it out, and squelched into a slightly-more-comfortable position. After the job was over, maybe she’d get some take-out. She’d earned a decent amount of cheap food, even if she didn’t meet her-

Wait-

The door swung open beneath her position with a muted jingle. Bon-Bon jolted to her hooves, as a friendly-sounding feminine voice called back into the building. The pony was distracted, then. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she crouched down on her hind hooves, dangling over the lip of the roof. This was it. This was one of the ponies listed, judging by the bit of aquamarine tail she’d seen swish as the mare turned.

One was better than none, and Lady Rarity was rather generous when she got the results she wanted.

The mare squinted into the early evening light, raising a dainty hoof against the sun. If she hadn’t, she might’ve seen Bon-Bon’s shadow flit past as she dove from the roof above.

It was over before the door behind the mare fully swung shut. The pavement to the left of the target had taken the brunt of Bon-Bon’s impact - this contract wasn’t to kill, but to incapacitate - but it’d been enough of a shock to make the mare reel backwards, off balance. It was the opening Bon-Bon had needed, and without hesitation she spun and kicked.

The mare flew backwards off her hooves. She was an earth pony, Bon-Bon noted as she watched the target’s head bounce off the pavement, but she hadn’t been ready. A pity. With her little bob manecut, she was actually kind of cute. Bon-Bon shuffled the mare onto her back and trotted right, hugging the building. A few more minutes of trotting due East and Lady Rarity would get her mare.

It wasn’t Bon-Bon’s job to ask questions, but she’d been around long enough to know that it was a matter of intimidating the competition. The target would probably survive whatever the next contractor she had on the list did to her. And even if she didn’t, well, Coco Pommel should’ve known better than to cross the Belles.

Take-out, Bon-Bon decided as she re-adjusted the unconscious mare slung across her back, sounded like an excellent plan.

Comments ( 3 )

Rarity it seems is on the cutting edge of fashion

10650231
Ha! I always look forward to your comments, thank you for this.

I love your version of special agent Bon-Bon Sweetie Drops. It looks like she is now part of a "special projects" black-bag team for th Elements of Harmony paramilitary organization...

Login or register to comment