• Published 10th Jul 2020
  • 301 Views, 26 Comments

Bugs, Fluff and Other Stuff - Silent Whisper



A collection of mini-fics. Probably tastes vaguely of cinnamon. Void where prohibited by law. Batteries not included. Made in a facility that processes peanuts. A 15% gratuity will be automatically applied to parties with 6 people or more.

  • ...
2
 26
 301

A Drink for Fluttershy

“Twilight, come quickly!” shrieked Rarity at the top of her lungs.

Twilight spat out the book she had been licking and leaped to her hooves. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“Oh, you simply must-” Rarity blinked as what she’d walked in on fully registered. “Good heavens, what were you doing to that book?”

“Nothing! Let’s go!” Twilight pushed her out the door, but not before Rarity got a good peek behind her. Horrified apprehension dawned on her face as pieces started to click into place in her mind.

“And for goodness sake, Twilight, what are all those novels doing in your bed?”


“So here’s the situation,” said Rainbow Dash from where she lay tangled up in the chandelier at Good Oats Pretzels And Bar. “Fluttershy’s drunk. Like, absolutely smashed. We need your help to- wait, why are you crying, Rarity? You won the coin toss, you got to go fetch help.”

“Oh, nothing,” warbled Rarity, in a most dignified and ladylike fashion. “It’s simply evident that Twilight can appreciate a good plot, and she’s found one that’s better than mine.”

Twilight winced. Rainbow stared at both of them, unimpressed, swinging slightly as she tried for the twelth time to remove her wing from one of the arms of the chandelier. “Well, that’s great. I’m really happy for all three of you-”

“THREE??” Rarity shrieked, her mascara running in a beautifully tragic mess. “I promise you, there were far more than a trilogy cuddled up with her-”

“-but,” Rainbow continued, waving a hoof at the floor feebly. “You really should go check on Flutters.”

“Let’s go, darling,” Rarity hissed, marching underneath the trapped pegasi towards the bar door. “The sooner we get there, the sooner we can have a little discussion about what qualifies as ‘appropriate’ things to do to the spine of a dictionary.”

Twilight bit her lip, and desperately tried to change the subject. Subtly, of course, so Rarity wouldn’t be suspicious. “How did Rainbow Dash get stuck in the ceiling?”

“Something about how good little birdies belong on perches. One minute they were both on the ground, and the next, she wove Rainbow into the chandelier like tinsel.”

“Uhh,” Twilight managed. “Are we gonna help her down, or…”

“In a minute, darling. She’s not going anywhere, unless the chandelier collapses.”


Fluttershy wasn’t sitting at the bar when they got there. She was, instead, sitting on the top of the aesthetically-stacked wine glasses, chirping to herself.

“Oh,” said Twilight. “It’s that kind of drunk.”

“Yup,” replied Rarity. “Go get her, before she remembers she has wings again. I tried to do that earlier when she was swinging from a ceiling light, and, well…” She gestured to a pile of multicolored broken glass. “It didn’t end well.”

The alicorn pursed her lips in thought as she stared at Fluttershy. “Alright. Uh, here… birdy birdy?”

Fluttershy’s pupils dilated as she fixed her gaze on Twilight. Slowly, her wings unfurled from her sides as she bent into a crouch.

Rarity leaned towards Twilight. “Is that a… bird behavior, or…”

Twilight grinned. “Nope! It’s actually one of the things you’d see in a cat!”

Three things happened at once. Fluttershy pounced. The entire pyramid of wine glasses shattered, one by one, tinkling in slow motion. And Twilight Sparkle’s vision went white.


“So, while you’re here, Twilight,” began Rainbow Dash, resting her chin against one of the few limbs Twilight could still move. “Why was Rarity mad at you?”

“She thinks I was cheating on her with a bunch of books,” Twilight deadpanned, her horn flickering as she kept the chandelier steady.

“Oh, I see.” said Rainbow, and she would’ve shrugged if she could. “You think Pinkie Pie will fare any better?”

The chandelier wobbled, and Twilight grinned as she managed to pull the tip of one of her wings free. “Probably. She’s not a bird. How many cocktails do you think she had, anyway?”

Rainbow laughed. “Oh, just the one. Honestly, who would’ve thought that the quiet mare who never gets out much would be such a lightweight?”