• Published 8th Jul 2020
  • 1,339 Views, 12 Comments

Winter is coming to Ponyville - Foal Star



Winter a mysterious pegasus has come to Ponyville during their Winter Wrap Up for some unknown reason

  • ...
5
 12
 1,339

Chapter Five: The Showdown Between Spring & Winter

One week after Twilight’s Sleepover

Rainbow Dash was having a nice relaxing nap sleeping soundly one early morning. The sun slowly raised through the sky and sent beams of light through the window. The daredevil pegasus was sleeping soundly in her bed all snuggled up. She was loving her relaxing morning and out of nowhere, the mare cried out in surprise as her friend Winter burst through the door and cheered. “Rainbow Dash you have to see this!”

The daredevil mare groaned as she rubbed her head with a hoof not liking being woken up so early. “Huh!? What’s going on!?”

Winter flew right next over to Rainbow Dash’s bed and gave her friend a boop on her nose. “Guess what happened!?”

“What!? Just tell me what's going on?” the daredevil pegasus asked as she twitched her nose now quite curious and a bit annoyed by Winter’s antics.

The light blue coated mare took her friend by the hoof raising her wings to their full glory as she lifted Rainbow Dash into the air as she raised her wings, the pegasus threw her hooves in the air and exclaimed, “I have officially ended winter! Spring has officially arrived!”

Rainbow was now wide awake and she had this gleam in her eyes as she shouted. “No way! Show me!”

Winter took Rainbow Dash by the hoof and then sped out into the air and headed across Ponyville. The blue coated mare was in complete awe at what she saw. The flowers were blooming, little bunnies were hopping around, the trees were in full bloom spreading their pollen all over, a lovely spring breeze blew through ruffling through their feathers along with their manes being blown about. Rainbow looked around aghast at what she saw it was if winter had completely vanished overnight. They were making progress with winter wrap-up but this was beyond anything she could’ve imagined and stammered, “Winter...you actually wrapped up winter!?”

“Well it wasn’t just me everypony helped but yes I sped things up.” The fluffy light blue coated mare whispered with a blush growing on her cheeks feeling nervous getting so much attention.

Rainbow turned around and hugged her friend tightly. “This means you beat Spring’s stupid test and your going to stay here right!?””

“Yeah! Now we need to find Spring and shove it in her face!” Winter squealed, getting all excited as she flew off with Rainbow Dash towards the Everfree Forest where deer, bunnies, bears, skunks, and all kinds of animals were settling in a vast field full of flowers and bunnies. Spring was sitting in the meadow with a smug grin on her face sipping a cup of tea from a flower. She scoffed upon seeing Winter fly over. “So you here to gloat? You think you passed my test?”

Winter was quite furious and fed up with Spring’s antics as she stomped over and snapped, “yeah I did! As you see Twilight and I have cleared winter from Ponyville and I didn’t extend it and respected your season.”

Spring rose up and followed Winter through the streets of Ponyville as the green pegasus looked over the town. The goddess checked through bushes and flowers she inspected the animals from the birds to the bunnies bouncing about. She flew over through the clouds and scanned the ground below. The green coated mare then landed across from the goddess of winter herself as she plopped a clump of snow on the ground right in front of her rival. “Well you did good enough but I found quite a good amount of snow.”

“So what!? Snow clumps are natural during the early spring so what?” Winter snapped as she stomped a hoof on the ground with an angry look on her face.

Spring then rose in the air and spread her wings out and proclaimed, “ponies of Ponyville! Please come forward!”

The many ponies around came forward with confused looks and were stunned at seeing the two goddesses squaring off in the middle of Ponyville.

Spring stomped forward as she pointed a hoof right at Winter. “This mare should not be here! You ponies did a decent job bringing in spring but she has obviously sabotaged your efforts.”

She then pointed a hoof back at Winter threateningly. “This goddess needs to leave! She shouldn’t be allowed to stay and go back to her dimension so i’ll leave the option to you. Now you can decide to risk having a year long winter or simply have her go back to the dimension where she belongs.” Spring then sent a bunch of flowers like bullets flying right at Winter who dodged the attack and turned to face her rival.

Winter was now poised as she bent low and raised her wings then shouted, “that's it! I’m no longer going to let you push me around!”

The light blue coated mare raised her wings and sent a flurry of snow started to pour down from the sky and the mare glared at Spring as she growled, “you can’t stop me from staying here!”

Winter flew right at Spring and soon they were throwing blasts of air at each other with Winter smacking Spring with a big clump of snow and falling towards the ground she then ducked under the pegasus and threw a bunch flowers at her making her cough and gag. She landed into a bed of flowers and looked up to see Spring flying in the air, her eyes full of hatred as she summoned a storm cloud and started sending a torrent of rain. Winter quickly summoned a cloud and sent a flurry of snow to combat the torrent of rain. The light blue coated mare then jumped backwards and created a shield of ice as the rain turned to hail smacking against the ice shield.

Spring however took advantage and flew around the mare and was summoning a wave of flowers and sent it at Winter who tried to summon another ice shield in time to block it and then sent a wave of snow at Spring. Rainbow Dash then suddenly flew through the air and slamming down on the ground blasting the snow and flowers away shouting, “Enough!”

Rainbow Dash was seething as she turned her attention to Spring. “You need to get the buck out of here! Winter has done nothing wrong and has done a lot in getting winter wrapped up!”

Spring turned a hoof and pointed out the snow and ice covering Ponyville and explained, “wasn’t this Winter’s doing? I mean are you mortals seriously going to defend her after this?”

Applejack stomped over standing in front of Winter feeling guilty for her and snapped, “we all saw you attack Winter first she was just defending herself.”

Big Macintosh stomped forward and gave a nod. “Ey’yup.”

Many other ponies all together slowly came forward in front of Winter with the pegasus having tears now streaming down her face seeing so many ponies were defending her and it was making her feel so unworthy of their affection. Spring reared her head up looking furious at the ponies now all surrounding Winter in defiance of her and she flew into the air and shouted. “Fine! I'm leaving now you can enjoy your eternal winter if you wish and I won’t come back to help you!” Spring then raised her wings and flew off through a portal in the sky.

Winter was standing there looking down with a look of worry as she came forward. “I...I’m sorry for causing this mess I can clean it up.”

The mare raised her wings and flapped them slowly as the snow and ice she created slowly melted into the ground and the ponies around her clapped and cheered.

She was slowly fluttered down the ground and the ponies continued clapping and clopping their hooves. Applejack bowed, “I'm so sorry Winter, this is all my fault. I caused this entire battle with Spring and ya didn’t do anything wrong.”

“It's fine Applejack you already apologized and I accepted it.” Winter replied as she nuzzled her and then Rainbow Dash fluttered over with her eyes glowing as she exclaimed, “Wow you were freaking awesome taking on Spring!”

“Sorry about that I got carried away.” Winter whispered feeling a bit unsure about the events that occurred and Rainbow nuzzled her friend. The daredevil was starting to feel something rise inside her and whispered, “Come on let’s get out of here.”

The daredevil mare nodded as they flew off and soon the ponies dissipated to enjoy the first day of spring.


Rainbow Dash flew with Winter back to her house and as they came through the front door the goddess of winter looked so exhausted from her battle and slowly trotted through Rainbow’s house to the bedroom and plopped onto the bed in a heap of exhaustion. The blue coated pegasus turned to her friend and joked. “So...today didn’t turn out how you expected?”

Winter laughed as she laid down on the bed looking upwards at the ceiling feeling so tired but relieved. “My goodness i'm exhausted from all of that now I just want to sleep for the rest of the day.”

Rainbow snickered as she snuggled into bed with her mare friend and nuzzled her as she got closed to her and whispered. “I know how you feel, let's just take a nap together?”

The blue coated pegasus nuzzled into Winter as she drifted over her wings over Rainbow Dash and they looked into each other’s eyes. The daredevil pegasus gave a deep sigh. “So...you wana try this marefriend thing now that you can stay in Ponyville?”

“Yeah why not? I think I might stay here for awhile if that’s ok with you?” Winter whispered back as she nuzzled her now official marefriend.

Rainbow gulped as her cheeks grew pink as that strange feeling came over her starting to make her shiver. “I...I can’t believe that you want to actually do this...but...um...do...do you wana have se-”

Winter turned her friend over on the bed as she gazed down at Rainbow Dash. “let’s do it, let’s celebrate spring!”

The two mares nuzzled each other and slowly folded their wings over their bodies as they snuggled under the sheets as the lights dimmed around them.

Comments ( 5 )

jolly good show mate

What about Summer or Fall? I don't think they will like Spring being a massive jerk/bully to Winter like that. Plus, what does the princesses do about this? I want Celestia and Luna to have a huge piece of mind with Spring here on trying to "command" their subjects like that. :twilightangry2:

11119985

They'll come around in the story im writing.

11120036

Okay. And hopefully, the princesses get involved in this too, and also talk with Spring on how to treat your own sister right!!!!

( Are all four of them even sisters? Or they are just deity associates/co-workers with each other that controls the seasons? )

this was really good

Login or register to comment