• Published 8th Jul 2020
  • 1,339 Views, 12 Comments

Winter is coming to Ponyville - Foal Star



Winter a mysterious pegasus has come to Ponyville during their Winter Wrap Up for some unknown reason

  • ...
5
 12
 1,339

Chapter Three: Spring Arrives in Ponyville

After their lunch, Winter was feeling quite full before turning to the other ponies, all lounging about after having eaten all the pastries. She looked to Rainbow Dash, finishing what must have been a third mug of apple cider, before she averted her attention to Winter and replied, "Hey, you look like you doubled in size."

Winter blushed, looking away and chuckled as she rubbed a hoof behind her head. "Yeah, I guess I ate a little too much pie… hehe..."

"Winter ya storing up all that fat for winter?" Apple Bloom asked jokingly.

Rainbow Dash burst into laughter as Winter blushed more, "I'm not that fat..."

She soon sat next to Rainbow Dash and suddenly hugged her causing the mare to blush as she nuzzled back into her. The atmosphere of the room was very relaxing with the fire burning in the hearth and the earthy smell of burning logs permeating all over the room. It didn’t last long before Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Applejack returned with a bucket of flowers, pine needles, a bucket of "spring" water, and a bucket of milk. Granny Smith placed them down and explained, "now I'm back with all the necessary items to change the spirit of winter to spring."

Winter seemed nervous seeing all the strange objects Granny Smith had brought over. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and grumbled, "Alright, if this doesn't work, all of this craziness with Winter had better stop."

Big Mac brought the bucket of milk down and replied, "Don't worry, this fresh milk came from some cows nearby; it's quite good."

Applejack placed a bucket of freshwater down and nuzzled Big Mac. "Oh yeah, he's quite the milker and knows how to treat them cows right."

Rainbow Dash laughed as the stallion snapped, "Oh, haha, really funny Applejack..."

Granny Smith placed her basket of flowers and pine needles on the ground before raising her voice, "That's enough! We don't have time for chit chat. We need to get Winter turned into Spring ASAP!"

Applejack, feeling a bit bad for how she and her family have been treating Winter, came over and asked, "Hey Granny, calm down; we're probably wrong about all of this, so let's give Winter some space."

Apple Bloom got up, also getting peeved by Granny, and snapped, "Yeah! Stop that; it's not fair to her."

Granny Smith stepped back. "Hey, I just want to help!"

Winter felt the tension of the argument rising and got up before holding out a hoof. "Hey hey! It’s quite alright; to be honest, this sounds like it could be fun, so what’s the first step?"

Granny Smith quickly calmed down, came over, and took the bucket of flowers and placed them on the ground then placed a circlet of flowers over her head. "There ya go, now ya have the power of spring over you!"

"Now, it's time to pour the spring showers over your body!" Granny then slowly poured hot water mixed in with more flowers over her head. Winter soon squeaked and blushed, noticing that Dash was unable to keep her eyes off her, mesmerized by her drenched body. Winter then suddenly sneezed turning all the moisture on her body to snow. Soon after, Big Mac placed a bucket full of milk in front of Winter and blushed as she lapped it up. Her eyes widened quite surprised at how great the milk tasted. Once finished, she gave a small burp and blushed trying not to laugh as she replied, "Give my compliments to the cows."

The Apples giggled at the joke as Winter was then placed in a bed of flowers. Still, nothing has happened while Winter stood there, she began to wonder if something was going to happen. Then suddenly, the flowers rose quickly circling her in a colorful tornado. Soon enough the flowers exploded as another pony with a green coat, and a long braided blonde mane dressed in flowers came out of a portal. Everypony watched in awe as this mare stepped out and waved her mane about acting like some diva as she proclaimed, "I am the Spring Goddess of rebirth and renewal! Who has summoned me from my slumber!?"

Rainbow Dash, Granny Smith, Big Mac, Applejack, and Apple Bloom were utterly baffled and confused at what they were seeing and weren't sure how to respond. Spring looked around at the mortal ponies and soon focused her gaze on Winter, and she suddenly turned furious before raising her voice, "So, this is Winter!? I cannot believe this is the mare causing all the issues with Winter Wrap Up!?"

"What!? I’m not causing any issues!" Winter snapped back as she got up with a scowl on her face.

Spring plopped on the couch, crossed her hooves, and scoffed, "Oh yeah!? I know you messed with Rarity's nests, ruined Pinkie's icebreaking, and the snowfall has increased since you came to Ponyville!"

Winter was becoming quite angry with being accused of all of this insanity as she raised her voice more, "Who are you!?"

"I told you already I am the goddess of Spring! And I think you should leave Ponyville!" Spring exclaimed, getting quite angry.

"Leave!? As if! Ever since I got here, I’ve been told to leave, and on top of all that, I have told all of you I'm not going to stop winter wrap-up! Winter shouted back as she slammed a hoof on the ground.

Spring waved a hoof as she looked around the room and asked, "Well then why is winter still here and not wrapped up?"


Applejack scratched the back of her head. "Well, we’ve had a few hiccups with caramel eating the grass seeds, Derpy getting turned around, and Twilight going a bit crazy. Seriously though, we're gonna get going and have Winter wrapped up in no time."

Spring looked around and scoffed, "Obviously, you summoned me because winter wrap up is being delayed like usual here, and I can easily help. But still the citizens of Ponyville like wrapping up Winter without magic."

Applejack was now getting peeved as she stomped a hoof and snapped, "That's right, we don't need no magic around here we got winter wrap-up under control."

Spring turned her attention to Applejack and asked, "Then tell me… why would you have the Goddess Of Winter here? Seems counterintuitive to what you're trying to accomplish don’t you think?"

Then everypony turned to Winter then back to Applejack as she stammered. “We...um...actually, we had no idea she was a goddess..."

Everypony then turned their gaze onto Winter, who stood up quite frustrated and a fair bit embarrassed as she stomped a hoof on the floor shaking the ground. "Ok yes, I am the Goddess Of Winter! But why should that matter? I respect and love the other seasons too! But If that’s how you want it, fine... I’ll leave...

Winter soon shed a tear, turned her head, and quickly flew off as Rainbow Dash turned to Winter and shouted, "Hey, come back!" She then flew after her friend. All the while, Spring brushed her mane as she exclaimed. "As for you, Applejack, you and your ponies have a week to finish Winter wrap-up, or I'll step in. I’m seriously tired of you Ponyville ponies taking so long." She then skipped off, seeming to head to the Everfree Forest, leaving the apple family utterly speechless as to what just happened.


Back at Rainbow Dash's home, the mare slowly walked inside her house, and heard sobbing further in and saw Winter laying on her couch with tears in her eyes as she shouted, "Why is Spring such a bitch…”

Rainbow then came over quietly and plopped down next to her new friend as she responded, "I’m gonna be honest I don't know how you goddesses usually act, but yeah, she was totally a condescending bitch."

The two then sat there together for a minute before Dash nuzzled, cozied up, and laid next to Winter closely on the couch for a little while before raising her head and asking softly, "So…feeling better?"

Winter sighed and turned to Dash feeling a bit more relaxed, being able to lay with her new friend. "Yeah, but why would Spring be so pretentious and rude by accusing me of extending winter just because my name is Winter!

Rainbow Dash looked to Winter a bit nervous to ask a question and did so slowly, "So...um...are you a goddess?"

Winter paused surprised and blushed then looked down. "Yes... I'm a goddess, but… I would never want to stop Winter-Wrap-Up. I did cause a few pranks earlier, but I don’t mean to ruin your efforts...

Rainbow turned and stared into Winter's eyes before responding, "I never once for a second thought you were going to ruin our efforts, and I don't care if you're a goddess or a spirit. Winter I… I like you…"

Winter’s cheeks flushed pink before she responding, "A-as a friend?"

Rainbow became all squirmy being quite nervous and embarrassed as she whispered, "Maybe... I’m starting to like you a bit more than that…"

Winter blushed red as her eyes widened at Rainbow revealing this feeling despite the two pegasi only knowing each other for about two days," Rainbow… ar-are you sure? Are you really sure?"

Rainbow slowly nodded as she then leaned in close and responded curiously, "Yeah… and I hope it's not weird, but I was hoping to see if maybe after Winter wrap-up you’d wanna stick around? I'm sure we can find something for you to do here. Hell, you never know, we may need some snow in summer."

Winter flashed her wings, feeling excited and happy as she responded, "Of course! But.. we need to get Winter wrap-up fixed up and prove that I'm not trying to hinder it."

"Yeah! Heck, even Twilight, got her shit together and started help organize it all. So let's see what you can do!" Rainbow Dash responded back, trying to reassure Winter's feelings.

Winter seemed to feel a lot better, but she was also kind of sleepy from all the pie and milk and gave a yawn as she mumbled, "Hey.. um, I'm actually kinda tired...w...would it be ok if we snuggle together?"

"Sure! No problem!" Rainbow exclaimed, being quite excited as her cheeks flushed pink. The two pegasi then fluttered over to Rainbow's bed and plopped onto the mattress then began to snuggle under the covers as they draped their wings over each other slowly falling into a deep sleep.