• Published 8th Jul 2020
  • 1,339 Views, 12 Comments

Winter is coming to Ponyville - Foal Star



Winter a mysterious pegasus has come to Ponyville during their Winter Wrap Up for some unknown reason

  • ...
5
 12
 1,339

Chapter four: Winter's Sleepover

Winter woke up early the next day to see Rainbow sleeping peacefully next to her. She gave the daredevil mare a sweet but subtle smile and kissed her on the nose before leaving and flying off to the fields of Ponyville. Winter's eyes lit up in astonishment as she witnessed the snowfall and looked across the snowfields, forming an untouched yet elegant white blanket covering everything in sight. The white-coated mare landed down on a nearby snowbank and sat there looking quite depressed, unsure how she could help Ponyville get Winter Wrap Up finished in a week. The pegasus watched the snowfall pilling around her, almost like a glooming rainfall as she thought over what Spring said to her.

She was there for sometime before Rainbow Dash spotted and gently flew over to her new friend with a warm smile and asked, "Hey, you feeling ok?"

Winter turned to Rainbow Dash with a light smile as she spoke gently, "Hey, I think I'm going to go... Spring might be right about all this... seriously, I can come back after winter wrap-up; it won't be that big of a deal."

The daredevil mare stomped a hoof into the snow, sending clumps all over the place, and snapped, "No, you're not leaving, we're going to show that Spring jerk that you're not trying to extend winter and we're going to start getting winter wrapped up come on!"

Winter gave her friend a smile seeing how determined she was to make her stay in Ponyville, and asked, "Are you sure? Do you think I can help?"

Rainbow moved in front of the small mare and pointed a hoof at her giving off a serious expression. "You're the Goddess Of Winter. So I bet you have a lot of knowledge to help end winter, right?"

The goddess's eyes lit up as the mare raised her wings and exclaimed, "Ok, ok, you win... You're right. Now that I think about it, I could help Twilight organize some plans for Winter Wrap-Up!" She cheered happily, throwing a hug over Dash and nuzzled the mare's mane and squealed, "Thanks, Dashy you're the best!"

The daredevil mare got squeamish as her face turned a beat red as she squeaked, "Why don't we get going and see Twilight I bet she can help."

Winter stepped back, and she flapped her wings up with that glint in her eyes. "Ok, let's go!" She said with a joyful smile.

Rainbow squeaked as Winter took hold of her hoof and thrust her into the air before flying across the sky, causing the mare's eyes to grow wide from the excitement and felt a bit squeamish having her crush hold hooves with her as they flew around in public.

The mare's face turned a bright red as her hoof was latched to Winter's. She could have easily pulled away but just continued flying beside her new friend regardless.


Twilight and the two pegasi were now all sitting around the library drinking hot cocoa and eating various pastries in the middle of the library. The violet coated mare was utterly baffled and blinked rapidly as she sat down and heard Rainbow Dash and Winter talk about the situation. After finishing her hot cocoa, the mare tapped a hoof to her chin. "Yes, I see…so let me get this straight...Winter, you're the goddess of winter itself?."

The nervous pegasus gave a nod and sipped her hot cocoa before she responded, "Yes."

Twilight gulped as she asked, "Can you prove you're the goddess of winter?"

The mare hesitated, being quite nervous about displaying her powers, the goddess slowly lifted her wings and began to form snowfall out of thin air all around her effortlessly then started to swirl each flake in a sphere-like shape before letting it explode gently fall to the ground around them. Twilight and Rainbow Dash both stared in awe seeing the snowflakes form from nothing and dance around, each one a unique and well-designed piece of art. The small mare sat there, speechless seeing the ground was now covered in a little blanket of snow. Twilight then got up excitedly and asked. "Do something else!?"

Winter cheeks flushed pink being quite happy to see other ponies enjoy her work before smiling and nodding, "Oh, um sure." Twilight then suddenly felt her mug full of hot cocoa start to feel cold in her hooves and gasped, looking down to see the brown liquid frozen over.

She flipped it over and shook it about in her magic and was utterly baffled. "I cannot believe this! You're the goddess of winter!"

"Yes, but please try not to blurt it out in public." The white-coated mare looked about feeling nervous about not wanting everypony in Ponyville to know she was a goddess.

The violet coated unicorn plopped down wholly bewildered." However, having the goddess of winter using magic to help with Winter Wrap-Up would go against the rules the ponies of Ponyville have laid down."

"But I won't need my magic… If what I heard about you taking charge of the whole thing is true, right?" Winter asked as she took another mug of cocoa and began sipping from her mug.

Twilight nodded as the goddess continued to explain, "I may not be able to use magic, but I know everything about winter, including the best way the ponies can plow snow, how to assist in icebreaking, I know which animals should be woken up first from hibernation, I have a good understanding of birds and their migration patterns. Plus, I can tell you where to plant the grass seeds. I know a lot about this stuff seeing as I've been able to control winter for quite some time."

Twilight eyed her, still not believing that this pegasus was a goddess, and responded, "Ok...you can assist with my plans, but I'm still a bit suspicious about you being a goddess; there's only been myths and legends. But there's never been any credible evidence of you existing."

Winter blushed as she sipped her "cooled" hot cocoa and whispered, "To be fair...I've been nervous about revealing myself to your race from the beginning. I wasn't sure how you would take it..."

Twilight gave a deep sigh. "Well, I don't think you're lying; it's just a lot to take in...goddesses of winter and spring fighting here right in Ponyville? Hopefully, Autumn and Summer stay out of it."

Winter snickered as she waved a hoof. "They wouldn't get involved; this has nothing to do with them. Besides, I feel I owe it to you all to stay here and help with winter wrap-up...

Twilight nodded, seeing Rainbow Dash nuzzle into Winter; the two were becoming more than just friends from the looks of it. The mare asked, "Ok, could you start by assisting me with these plans? There's a lot going on with Winter Wrap-up I need help with."

Winter gave a nod as she flew over next to Twilight before discussing and talking about winter wrap-up and the best solutions to each portion of it. Rainbow Dash sat back, sipping her hot cocoa, watching Winter getting excited and blabbing about interesting facts involving winter, and Twilight ate it up. She looked so adorable with her excited expressions, her wings flapping, and her rump-shaking about which forced a smile on Rainbow's face as she watched for quite some time.


Twilight and Winter went over the plans and have created a road map over the next few days on Winter Wrap-up. The violet mare rolled up the plans and plopped them in a saddlebag. "I think that works! We're going to knock this out in no time!"

Winter's face lit up, getting quite excited about this feeling, unusually happy bouncing up and down. "Thanks so much for letting me help!" She said, smiling innocently.

Rainbow, who was taking a nap, slowly woke up as she yawned and stretched her hooves or wings from either side of her. "It's about time! You two have been going at it for hours!"

Twilight turned quite surprised that it was now late. "Well, it's getting late, why don't you two just stay for the night?"

Winter blushed as her cheeks flushed red as she asked, "Are you sure? I don't wanna cause trouble."

"Not at all! I would love a sleepover!" The mare exclaimed, clapping her hooves together.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Ugh? I heard about your sleepover with Rarity and Applejack. I'm not doing any of that girly stuff?! You're out of your mind!"

Winter looked over and grabbed Rainbow Dash's hooves and exclaimed, "Oh, come on! Let's have some fun together, you and me!"

Rainbow groaned as she rolled her eyes; she really didn't want to do this but seeing Winter's excited face and the thought of being with her, she relented and grumbled, "Fine..."

Winter clapped her hooves together and hugged Rainbow Dash tightly as she bounced around like an excited filly squealing out loud. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

The blue-coated mare stood there wholly baffled as her cheeks flushed pink and hugged Winter back before the two nuzzled each other.


The daredevil pegasus was enduring the most embarrassing day of her life as Twilight rubbed a green mud mask on her friend's face making sure it was well applied. Rainbow Dash looked at a mirror and was quite horrified to see that her mane and tail were twirled up in curlers. It was beyond embarrassing forcing the pegasi's face to turn red at the sight of it. The mare then turned to see Winter's mane and tail were curled up in curls with a green mud mask plastered on her face.

"Oooo! This mask feels so nice and weird on my face!" The white-coated pegasus squealed as she kicked about laughing.

Twilight blushed, feeling quite happy and embarrassed, seeing Winter so happy and explained, "Yeah, I learned about it from my friend Rarity."

The purple coated mare then sat down with them as she clapped her hooves. "It's now time for truth or dare."

Winter giggled excitedly as Rainbow stood there and turned to her with a smirk. "Ok, you go first, since you wanted this whole sleepover so bad."

The blue maned pegasus held a hoof to her chin and then exclaimed, "Oh ok, um Rainbow truth or dare?"

The daredevil pegasus sighed, crossing her hooves across her chest, being quite irritated about everything and snapped, "Truth, please."

Winter tapped a hoof to her chin and whispered, "Ok.. umm.., Rainbow...do...do you think I'm cute?"

Rainbow's face turned a bright red as she stammered, "Y...yeah, of course."

The mare eeped and kicked her hooves, getting all squeamish as Twilight rolled on the ground laughing out loud. Rainbow Dash turned to the violet unicorn with a smirk and asked, "Ok, truth or dare."

Twilight tapped a hoof to her chin as she thought it over for a few seconds and snapped, "Dare."

The blue-coated mare smirked as she sat back with her hooves crossed across her chest. "Ok, Twilight, I want you to get dressed in that big poofy fru fru dress Rarity made Applejack wear!"

The violet unicorn groaned, but she did as Rainbow asked then stomped upstairs, and Winter being quite confused, whispered, "Wait... what? Dress?"

The dark blue coated mare leaned in and whispered, "You'll see soon enough."

The two mares looked upwards, and they both gasped upon seeing Twilight walking downstairs wearing the frilly blue fru-fru dress lined with pink frills and the embarrassing princess cone hat plopped on her head. Both Winter and Rainbow couldn't help it as both mares burst into rancorous laughter.

"Ok, that's enough!" Twilight's face turned a deep red as she threw the dress off her body and plopped down with a cute pout on her face. The violet mare then turned towards Winter and snapped, "Truth or dare?"

The mare blushed, knowing that Twilight had a lot of questions and responded, "Truth."

Twilight, who was quite curious about Winter and wanting to know more, decided to ask, "Ok, Winter, how old are you?"

"Oh, um… let’s see… I believe it’s something like ten thousand six hundred and eighty-five now." The mare whispered before hiding her wings over her face making both mares jaws drop in complete disbelief.

Rainbow face dropped as she couldn't believe she was that old considering she looked only eight-teen. "Ok...Twilight truth or dare?"

Twilight looked down with a glare and, still angry at Rainbow Dash, snapped, "I'll do truth this time."

"Ok, how bad was it when you tried ice skating." Rainbow snickered behind a hoof.

Twilight stomped about, not sure if she wanted to share her story and stammered, "I...I did alright for a bit until I skated right into a snowbank..." The ponies burst into laughter again as the violet mare turned to Rainbow with her cheeks flushed pink and asked, "Ok, your turn, truth or dare?"

Rainbow Dash sighed as she sat back and decided to let Twilight have a chance to get back at her and snapped, "Alright, I'll give you a chance to get back at me. I choose dare."

"Alright, I dare you...to kiss Winter!" Twilight snickered behind a hoof as Winter squeaked and Rainbow's face turned a pure shade of red. "Hey! You can't do that!"

Twilight crossed her hooves with a triumphant smirk. "Of course, I can! According to the rules of Truth or Dare, you have to do whatever I say."

The daredevil mare groaned as she turned to face Winter, whose face was a deep shade of pink. Rainbow was now quite nervous and stammered, "Yo..you don't ha..have to do this!"

Winter hid her face behind her hooves, feeling quite nervous with her heart beating fast in her chest and squeaked, "I… I don’t want to break the rules s-so I don’t m..mind. "

Rainbow gulped as she slowly closed in on Winter's face and leaned in landing a kiss on the mare's lips. Winter’s mind, body, and soul exploded in passion as she made out with her friend in front of Twilight, yet seemed calm and locked into the trade of tongue loving every second until the light began to strangely fade before she slowly blacked out...