• ...
3
 27
 1,169

C̸͕͈̖̿͑̄ŗ̴̛͚͙̂̆͆ǫ̷̛̪͎̐s̷̪̒͆̏̑s̷͙̩̓ŕ̵̳͉̽̈̏o̸̺̘̿͠a̴̳͂̔̿̈́d̶̲̳͔͖̎̈́s̵̝͗̀͊͠ͅ.

Principal Celestia had to intervene in her sister's affairs after a thunderous echo of screaming and yelling exploded out of the cramped dark office. After what felt like a lifetime she was able to uncover what all the trouble was, one of her students had been near homeless for months.

Sunset was in dire need of guidance, to be led back into the light.

With a heavy heart, she had to inform the authorities, she had to offer sanctuary.

Even if it wouldn't be here.

One day, she'd thank her.


Sunset watched from the office waiting room as her whole world ended. DHR, her principals, the entire school system. Everybody knew now that she was useless and abandoned, the unloved freak that ruined the quiet peace of this perfect little world.

She wouldn't even be around to see what her horrible existence wrought. Shipped away to a far-off place and hidden by a faux family with no love in their hearts. Sunset had hated her life for days on end, but the moment she finally didn't feel alone it would all be stolen from her.

"I tried to help." Wallflower spoke in a near whisper of sadness.

Sunset shifted a broken gaze to her right, lowering her hand atop Wallflower's to give a tender squeeze. Somehow even after a saddened mess, her friend could still be the most beautiful thing in the room.

"I'm not mad." Sunset leaned over whispering into her ear.

Wallflower winced in pain of a broken heart as droplets of crystalline tears cascaded over the floor below. "It's all my fault." She painfully swallowed the growing lump in her throat while the tears continued to flow.

"Our time was brief, but promise me you'll keep moving forward." Sunset used her hand to cup Wallflower's cheek lovingly.

"I don't want to lose you again." Wallflower felt the Sunset's warm comforting touch, as her thumb wiped away the tears from her cheek.

"Just remember me." Sunset leaned forward to touch her lips to Wallflower's tenderly.

The green-skinned girl nearly melted on the spot from a surge of confusion and happiness. Pulling into Sunset's welcome embrace, she suckled on her upper lip softly. Closing her eyes and enjoying the feeling of protective arms slipping around her waist, Wallflower wanted this moment to never end.

Sunset broke the kiss with a smile of genuine joy. This was a memory she never wanted to forget, pulling her friend into a tight hug. They enjoyed the peace that silence brought. The sound of the office door opening shattering both their worlds, it was time to finally say goodbye.

"It's time dear, come inside and we'll get this underway. " Celestia walked out of the office in a solemn mood.

Wallflower didn't know where she messed up again. Helpless she watched her friend lift upward as their embrace was ripped at the seams, Sunset shuffled herself behind the principal holding back a stream of tears.

"Wallflower, back to class. " Celestia spoke to the green-skinned girl sternly.

"Was it just playing hooky?" Wallflower mumbled under her breath.

"Blush?" Celestia arched a thin brow as her student talked aloud to herself.

"Maybe it was the night alone? " Wallflower locked her gaze on Sunset sadly.

"Wally, are you ok?" Sunset began to walk back over towards her friend in worry.

"I said back to class!" Celestia stepped forward as anger rose in her voice.

Wallflower began to sob as even the Storage Units were full of uncertainty. "I have to take it all back again. " She reached her slender hand into the crumpled backpack at her side.

The voices of the office became a loud ringing as Wallflower clutched a small stone etched with cryptic symbols in her hand tight. "I won't forget you. " She felt the stone explode into a warm blue light as it engulfed everyone in the room.

She took everything back from the flow of time. That which was good or bad, each meeting and secret conversations of a lonely night alone. She collected every memory from until they met in the Girl's Bathroom, she hoped that Sunset wouldn't be in a lonely mood.

When they would meet again.

In an instant, everything was forgotten from the past. She guided Sunset dazed into the hallways of the school, retreating the principals from back where they came. Wallflower felt on fire as she stepped out into the hallway herself, a trail of blood trickling down her nose from the strain of the stone's power.


As the school day ended a loud ring echoed across the building sharply. The light faded into obscurity and students flooded the hallways, Wallflower quick to place the stone back into her bag.

She was alone again, her wrist wiping the blood from her upper lip.

This stone seemed to be a blessing when she had found it. Yet as she shuffled down the hallway in silence it felt like a curse, she had met a person she truly connected with on a level unknown to herself.

But fate had not only driven them away once but now twice. Wallflower, uncertain when they had crossed the line and attracted too much attention towards themselves. The first time ending in a fight, when she pushed too deeply on the subject of Sunset's mother.

A sharp pain shook her back to reality as Rainbow Dash passed by with a forceful shoulder push. "Watch it!" The athletic girl sneered towards the saddened green-skinned beauty.

Wallflower was used to such attitudes from her classmates. Rainbow was the pinnacle of popularity around here, her speed on the track was unparalleled by any other.

Passing by Fluttershy she noticed the meek young woman putting up a few posters for an upcoming benefit dance at the school. A charity to raise money for abandoned animals down at the shelter, a noble cause for nothing deserved to be forgotten.

Wallflower was halfway through the massive crowds of the school, Rarity holding up the flow of traffic as she babbled about some new dress or something. She wasn't too certain, fashion wasn't her thing.

Besides some would say that Rarity was a gossip, to hang out with her was an exercise in avoiding the rumor mill or being chucked into it.

With a loud explosion of confetti Pinkie Pie nearly gave Wallflower a heart attack. The pink girl skipped about in glee handing out invitations of some sort to everybody in the hallway, Wallflower blushed a bright red as she slinked away into a nearby corner.

To no surprise she was overlooked for an invite, Pinkie quickly bounced down the hallway towards a group of more popular girls.

It was probably a boring party anyways, Wallflower reassured herself in unbroken silence before she continued towards the bathroom.

The crowd began to thin and Applejack was chatting away with Ms. Cheerilee near her final destination. Wallflower didn't mind Aj she was quite congenial in a polite southern fashion, if she ever offered a hand in friendship, the green-skinned girl wouldn't necessarily refuse.

As the voices died down around herself, Wallflower came to a stop in front of the metal bathroom door.

With a deep breath, she calmed her shot nerves, a small hand pressed upon the frame as she entered within.

She couldn't help but think that…

Ȑ̵̞̹̗͒̑̆̈́̾̆ë̶̹̳̬̫́̌̈́͐m̵̜̣̫̲͕̄̅̿ĕ̵̖͕̞͙ḿ̶̧̺͈̫͕͊̾̓̌͠b̸̠̫̲̓̀̽̚e̷̗͒̐̊̀̕r̶̨̻̀͛͝ ̸̼̤̳̝̖̙̽̋̒̒͜M̷͙̫̐͛̚e̴̪͙̹̳̻̞̪͊̊͋̾́͒́

Life Is Strange.

Comments ( 2 )

I'm surprised this lives again, though with such a sad and bit weird end. I'm guessing naming this episode one means you'll do a sequel.

However, i must point out that some of the characters don't feel like themselves, mainly Rainbow being rude and specially Celestia being aggressive with her students when they're clearly going through hardships.

I'll wait to see where this story goes in the future.

Wanderer D
Moderator

Interesting premise. I saw you posted the sequel and it piqued my interest. I'll be reading this one!

Login or register to comment