• ...
3
 27
 1,155

Burger Time.

Sunset gently slid her dark leather jacket over beautiful narrowed shoulders, her long bouncy locks a trail of wildfire that danced down her lower back. Without missing a beat she lazily pounced into a booth towards the back, turquoise eyes beckoning her friend over with playful intentions.

Wallflower had to admit, this place was beyond cute from the inside. Large red booths lined the walls, as a cozy little fan spun gently above on the ceiling. Various posters clung to the wall telling a humorous tale, from beware of the dog, grab a cold one with some friends, or simply a painted canvas of two young girls hitchhiking.

The diner had a quaint but quirky charm, Wallflower could understand why somebody like Sunset would enjoy this place. Politely taking her seat across from her friend, Wallflower clasped both hands together in a prissy little fashion.

Sunset smirked in delight, both legs lifted up onto her seat with her backside to the window. She didn't know why, but she enjoyed how innocent Wallflower acted in general. As if she somehow had been shielded from the filth of this world, her dark brown eyes overflowing with genuine kindness if also apprehension.

"I think you should start with a Junk Pup." Sunset grinned from across the table with a toss of her wild mane.

"A Pup?" Wallflower tilted her head to the side a tad confused at the current lingo.

Sunset lifted her hands up playfully and pressed them close to a very tiny shape. "It's a cute little burger, you'll love it!" The redhead giggled as she grinned teasingly.

"What, you don't think I can handle the Junk-a-majig!?" Wallflower suddenly pouted as she pursed her lips together cutely.

"You'd be destroyed!" Sunset snorted.

"And you wouldn't?" Wallflower narrowed both eyes slowly.

"You can't destroy something this awesome!" Sunset lifted her arm up to flex proudly.

"Wow, I've never seen a ham flex before?" Wallflower teased with a tiny flaunt of her hand.

"Trust me, smol pup for smol girls!" Sunset spoke in quite a confident manner, waving over the waitress with her hand.

Wallflower simply sat in place with a stone-faced expression of defiance, dark chocolate colored eyes burning a hole into her laminated menu on the table.

"Well ladies, what will it be?" A rotund hearty woman asked with a joyous smile, dressed in a simple pastel blue uniform.

"I'll have a Sloppy Junker Burger with a Mountain Dew and my cute friend will have…" Sunset smiled warmly before she was interrupted mid-sentence.

"A Quadruple Junker made sloppy with a Cherry Soda!" Wallflower proudly made her order, though unsure what it was, she knew it at least sounded intimidating.

"Hahaha, I like this kid!" The woman walked away laughing up a storm.

"Are you insane!? ~ That's like a twelve dollar burger!!" Sunset slumped into her seat utterly shocked at what just happened.

"Too expensive?" Wallflower bit her lower lip trying to keep cool.

"What do…" Sunset could finally see that this girl was trying to show off, cooling off she decided to have a little fun instead.

Relaxing back into her seat she smiled, twelve dollars totally worth the price of admission to this shit show waiting to happen. "Not at all, I'm no cheapskate." Sunset smugly lifted her hand upward to inspect her nails.

"Ahem, awesome because I'm starved." Wallflower tried to slump into her seat as well, only succeeding in looking uncomfortable instead.

"You do know that Sloppy Burgers are chili, cheese, mustard, onions, and jalapenos?" Sunset quirked a thin brow to her devious little friend, the waitress returning to place their drinks on the table.

"Mmm, sounds interesting?" Wallflower's voice cracked softly as she quickly sipped from her drink.

"Oh, it's going to be interesting alright." Sunset flashed a wicked white smile in smug satisfaction, the scent of cheese and jalapenos thick upon the air.

Their waitress soon walked over with a tiny plate in one hand and a massive beast in the other. Placing the petite burger in front of Sunset, the woman plopped the oversized monster before Wallflower laughing.

"Jake said anybody who can finish a quad, gets their photo on the wall!" The woman nudged her head to the wall found near the entrance, photos of overweight truckers and frat boys covering the area.

"Lovely." Wallflower spoke in barely a whisper.

The burger was like Everest itself, four stacks of meat one after another intimidating all who dared to cross it. Chilli overflowed from the sides much like lava, staining the plate a dark brown. Swirls of yellow taunting her taste buds to enjoy, the scent of jalapenos stinging her nose sharply.

"Down the hatch." Sunset lifted her baby burger high, chomping a large bite from it easily.

Wallflower took a deep breath watching the ham before her taunt, basking in the glory one could only feel when being right. She was tired of being the joke, having everyone around her always laughing.

Without warning Wallflower picked the beast up in both hands, taking three large chomps out of the burger in quick succession. "Absolutely delicious!" She spoke through a muffled voice full of meat, watching happily as the color faded from Sunset's rosy cheeks.

"Stop, it's not funny!" Sunset gasped in shock of such a scene.

Wallflower's whole face bathed in chili and spicy mustard. The slender girl ripping apart the burger as if it were some kind of deceased carcass, she the hungry prey hidden in the darkness with bared fangs.

"You can't stop me!" Wallflower swallowed another huge bite, delving in again and again.

Guided only by instinct of the hunt.

Sunset watched in awe as soon over half the beast was vanquished from this world, the insane green girl actually in shooting distance of eating a whole quad by herself. "You crazy bitch!!" Sunset suddenly lifted up onto the table with her palms excitedly.

Wallflower paused while sweat poured down her forehead, watching as Sunset was no longer mocking her but instead cheering loudly as if at the Superbowl. Heart racing in excitement or perhaps meat poisoning, Wallflower pushed herself to take more bites towards the finish line.

"Just one more bite and you're my effin' hero!" Sunset began to pound both hands on top of the table, screaming proudly at the top of her lungs.

Wallflower felt her hands quiver holding one massive piece of burger, her stomach as tight as a drum and vision swaying side to side. "This is what hell must be like…" She groaned stuffing the last piece into her mouth, chewing slowly absolutely sickened when she finally mustered enough courage to swallow.

"YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!" Sunset screamed flabbergasted.

The redhead flipped out of her seat to go grab the waitress, who she nearly pushed over nudging over to their table. "Dang, you must've been hungry girl?" The woman giggled while lifting up the camera to take a photo.

"Sunset, be in it with...me?" Wallflower felt herself shivering in place wildly.

"Effin' yes!!" Sunset quickly jumped in the seat on the far side of her friend, wrapping her arm tightly around Wallflower and flashing a proud smile.

Wallflower gazed upward to the enchanting redhead as the flash went off, she felt an odd spark of tranquility trace down her lower back.

She didn't feel alone.