• Published 25th Feb 2020
  • 526 Views, 2 Comments

Stars in the Shadow of Night - Melody Song



Alternate Universe where Griffons, Changelings, Dragons, and Ponies are at war.

  • ...
2
 2
 526

Epilogue: A New Start

"And with this crown I bestow upon you, I name you King Thorax, leader of the changelings!"

Celestia's voice rang out in the throne room, and the hundreds of ponies, dragons, griffons, and newly reformed changelings there applauded. Celestia smiled as she placed the ceremonial crown on the newly named king's head. Luna and Cadence then stepped forward, using their magic to levitate over two smaller crowns from a case Twilight and Shining Armor held out to her. They turned to Pharynx and Ocellus, who stood beside Thorax.

"And at King Thorax's request, I officially crown you Prince-General Pharynx of the changeling kingdom." Luna proclaimed, setting the crown she held on Pharynx's head.

"And I crown you, at King Thorax's request, Princess Ocellus of the changeling kingdom." Cadence added, placing the crown she was holding on Ocellus' head.

"Brother and sister to the King." Luna and Cadence said as one, bowing to them.

All three changelings bowed formally to Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, then made their way off the stage. Then, Ember walked up to them, clutching her scepter. The princesses stepped back, letting Shadowstar come forward. A bandage was around his back, from where Chrysalis had struck him, but the injury was healing. Beside the colt, Tempest Shadow stood, wearing purple and silver armor perfectly fitting her frame, with a symbol of Shadowstar's cutie mark emblazoned on the chestplate. She wore a proud smile with the armor, clearly happy with her position.

Shadowstar bowed to Ember, then rose. He lifted a purple-blue crown with rubies set in it up from a glass case Tempest held aloft.

"With this crown, I name you Dragon Lad-"

Ember cleared her throat. Shadowstar chuckled sheepishly.

"Heh, sorry... Dragon Lordess Ember, first of her title, leader of the dragons and ally of Equestria." Shadowstar said, raising the crown above her, Ember knelt before him, and he set the crown on her head.

More applause came, and Ember walked off the stage, joining the three changelings. Shadowstar allowed the princesses to step forward again, and they said a few words before dismissing the creatures to mingle.

Shadowstar immediately walked down the stage, Tempest beside him, to join their friends. Gilda, Gallus, Gabby, Smolder, and Sandbar made their way through the crowds to join them.

"Congratulations guys!" Sandbar exclaimed

"Yeah!" Gallus agreed, putting a wing over Sandbar's back. "You did great."

"I was so nervous." Ocellus admitted, blushing slightly.

"You all did great." Tempest told them, though it was clear she had eyes only for Pharynx, who was looking back at her just as intently.

"Too bad there isn't going to be a ceremony for us, since we're just ambassadors." Gallus said, Gilda and Gabby nodding.

"But it's still great you guys got coronated!" Gabby added, clinging to Gilda somewhat possessively. Gilda surprisingly wasn't trying to shake her off.

"Heh, yeah." Smolder smiled at Ocellus. "You didn't look nervous, you seemed calm."

"Thanks Smolder." Ocellus whispered shyly.

"Guys, I have gifts for you." Shadowstar said, and they looked over at him. His horn glowed, and ten journals appeared. "These are communication journals, I have my own in my room. You can talk to any one of us that you wish, no matter the distance. I figured we'd need a way to keep in touch easily despite living so far away from each other."

Shadowstar levitated one to each of them, and they took them.

"Thanks Shadowstar!" Gabby said eagerly, starting a chain of thank you's.

"It's no problem, really." Shadowstar assured them. "Come on, why don't we head out to the castle balcony? We'll be more alone there."

"Sure." Gilda shrugged. Shadowstar chuckled and led them off, then stopped when he noticed six of the group hadn't followed.

"Uh, you guys coming?" Gallus asked Tempest, Ember, Smolder, Pharynx, Thorax, and Ocellus.

"Give us a minute, we'll catch up." Tempest told him. He shrugged and continued walking.

"So what did you want to hang back for?" Pharynx asked

"First of all, how did you three know we wanted to-?"

"Changelings." Pharynx cut Smolder off.

"Right..."

"What did you need?" Ocellus asked. "Is something the matter?"

"No, everything's fine, it's just..." Ember rubbed her arm, blushing.

"We wanted to talk to you..." Smolder trailed off

"Oh for Celestia's sake!" Tempest stepped forward and crashed her muzzle against Pharynx's in a violent but deep kiss.

"Oh, like I'm going to let you be braver than a dragon!" Ember cried, wrapping her arms around Thorax's neck and bringing him in for a kiss.

"Eh, what the heck." Smolder shrugged. She scooped Ocellus up into her arms, ignoring the squeak of surprise from the young changeling. Smolder held her close, then kissed the tip of her muzzle, making her blush furiously.

"Sm-Smolder..." Ocellus whispered, then kissed her cheek.

Tempest pulled away from Pharynx, blushing and looking away. Pharynx lifted her chin and smiled at her softly, also blushing.

"I was wondering why I felt so much love from you." he murmured, before kissing her again. Tempest leaned into it, wrapping a hoof around him.

Thorax and Ember pulled away from their kiss, though Ember kept her arms around him. She blushed furiously and laid her head against his chest.

"Thorax, I-" Ember broke off as Thorax pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." he told her, blushing. Ember blushed as well and hugged him tight.

"Well, now that that's been cleared up..." Pharynx said, having broken the kiss with Tempest, though he still had a hoof around her. "Shadowstar and the others are probably wondering where we are."

"R-Right!" Thorax said, flustered. Smolder set Ocellus down, blushing. Pharynx chuckled and led them out to the balcony.

"There you are." Shadowstar greeted as they walked up. "What kept you?"

"Nothing, just... talking." Tempest said, then smirked. "Your highness."

Shadowstar groaned and facehoofed. "You're doing this on purpose, I swear."

"I'm afraid I can neither confirm nor deny." Tempest chuckled.

Shadowstar sighed, then led them to the others, at the edge of the balcony. They could see Ponyville from the balcony, and beyond it, land that had clearly been subjected to battles.

"It's been a month, and yet we can still see the results of the war..." Gallus murmured.

"It will surely be a long road to recovery, for the land and our kind. But I'm sure if everyone does their part, we can bring our nations back to normal, and stronger than they were before." Shadowstar said

"All we have to do in order to do it is stick together." Sandbar said

"Agreed. Friends for always, right?" Gabby asked

"Of course. We'll always stay together." Ocellus said.

Shadowstar smiled and held out his hoof. "Lead."

"Protect." Tempest laid her hoof on his, then Pharynx placed his hoof on hers.

"Defend." he smiled at her, blushing slightly. She smiled back.

"Heal." Thorax and Ocellus said as one, placing their hooves on the other's.

"Aid." Gabby added, putting her claw over their hooves. Gilda and Gallus went next.

"Rescue."

"Inspire." Sandbar put a hoof over Gallus' claw.

"Win." Ember and Smolder placed their claws down.

"Resist." they all said as one.

With that, they removed their hooves, and Shadowstar smiled, once again looking out off the balcony. The others stood beside him, determination and courage on each of their faces. They had won, and while the road to recovery would be long and winding, they were willing to take it.

Author's Note:

And that's the end. I hope everyone enjoyed!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment