• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,100 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,100

Chapter 42

“When do I get to meet your cousins?”

Chrysalis rolled her eyes as she busied around her room. “Why are you so interested?”

Shining Armor lazily watched her as he lay atop her bed. “Because I’m interested in the people you’re interested in.” He shrugged casually with a goofy smile on his face. He’d listened to her banter with her older cousin over the phone before returning to the task at hand. “And you made that comment about the women in your family...”

She scoffed at his response as she held up a shirt, and ultimately dismissed the garment tossing it on the floor along with the student handouts they were supposed to be looking over.

“Are you sure it isn’t because you’re actually an alicorn groupie?” She fixed him with a look before moving back into her closet to rummage around for something more acceptable.

“I’m interested in you,” he called out loud enough for her to hear.

“As you should be,” she answered teasingly.

“When will you guys be leaving?” He asked in lieu of a response. This weekend she had an appointment with Dr. Clayhoof and Cadence had decided to tag-a-long to catch up with her old friends in Canterlot.

“As soon as I’m done packing.” She stepped out of her closet with a few pieces and shoved them into her bag that rested near his legs. Normally she wouldn’t be so picky but apparently there was some party she and Cadence had been invited to, not that she planned on going, but one never knew.

The other teen sat up and reached out grasping her wrists and pulling her into his arms. “That doesn’t leave me any time to say goodbye.”

She mocked groaned to his amusement. “This is gross. I didn’t know you’d be so clingy.”

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to her temple, as his arms went to hold her properly. “You’ll take care of yourself?”

“Of course,” Chrysalis pulled back and pressed a reassuring peck to his lips.

Unsatisfied, Shining Armor instead caught her in a much more intimate embrace of lips.

Before long, the Halfling found herself straddling his lap as their kiss deepened. She could feel his hands settle on her hips before pressing into the small of her back. The taste of his desire as well as the hardened flesh that made itself known made her groan.

Just as her body responded there was a flash of panic that caused her to stiffen and he knew her mind had wandered.

“It’s okay,” he breathed into her skin as he broke away from her lips and instead trailed wet kisses along the column of her neck. “You’re safe with me. Stay with me.”

She held tighter to him and focused on the admiration and affection he felt for her in droves.

“It’s fine. We’re fine... and we’re together the way we should be.”

She nodded shyly, and suddenly his mouth was moving against hers again, this time soft and languid.

“Chryssie!” The two cringed and reluctantly broke apart at the sound of her mother screeching from downstairs.

Shining Armor laughed at her put out expression despite the blush that spread across his skin.

“Maybe I should go.”

“Yes you should!” Adelpha shouted from downstairs. Suddenly there were heavy footsteps heading up the stairs.

The two shared a look and immediately untangled themselves.

“You’ll call me?” He asked as she pulled him up after standing herself.

She nodded before stealing another kiss and shoving him towards her room door.

He resisted in the doorway. “And you’ll be back to help me finish my entry?”

“Yes, I wi-,“ the smothering taste of jealously and anger made her wince as she peered out into the hallway.

Cadence stood with one of the most baleful glares she’d ever seen her sport a few feet away.

The duo froze and yet both refused to look away despite the tension in the air. The younger girl scoffed and ultimately spun on her heel and disappeared into her own room, slamming the door so hard the couple felt it in their bones.

“I’m sorry...” Shining Armor sighed.

“It’s okay... We haven’t done anything wrong.” Chrysalis said with more confidence than she felt.

“You don’t have to pretend. I get it, she’s your sister no matter how difficult she may be.”

Chrysalis nodded. He gathered her up in a tight hug and kissed her hair.

“I bet she wouldn’t act this way if she knew... Chryssie, you have to tell her.”

“I will.” And she planned on it. She did. She just didn’t know how to start.

The two pulled apart and he gave her a look. “I could be there-“

She immediately raised a hand, “Shining I don’t thin-“

“Or Maude, or Twilight- someone! Just know you don’t have to do this alone!” Shining Armor rushed on ahead trying to appeal to her. “I’m sure your cousins would agree.”

Chrysalis rolled her eyes as her temper flared before sputtering out just as quickly as it came. “I can do this. I have to.”

He relented despite the concern that shone in his gaze. “I know you can.” His smile was encouraging.

She softened and hugged him again. “I’ll call you.”

“Okay, jus-”

At the sound of her mother clearing her throat at the top of the stairs staring pointedly at them, the two broke apart with matching blushes. “I’ll see you.”

He shot her a look and quickly excused himself.

“Ms. Adelpha,” Shining Armor acknowledged nervously.

“Shining Armor,” Adelpha returned dryly.

After Shining Armor had left, her mother gave her a look and cut her gaze to Cadence’s door before looking back to her with an expression that was only mildly chiding.

Chrysalis threw up her hands up in exasperation.

Adelpha relented and opened her arms for her daughter to grudgingly settle into her embrace. “It’ll be okay,” she sighed. “I promise.” Chrysalis nodded as she took refuge in her mother, soaking up the comfort. “Finish packing, your Dad’ll be back soon. I’ll talk to your sister, but you should be mindful of how this feels to her.” Chrysalis groaned and Adelpha clicked her tongue and squeezed her tightly, “I know you feel it and I don’t expect you to put her happiness before your own, but just maybe not have him here so much.”

“I guess,” the teen relented almost petulantly and returned the squeeze.

Adelpha laughed and pressed a kiss to her forehead before releasing her. “And please watch the teenage hormones.” Chrysalis blanched, wasting no time leaving the hall and finishing her packing.

She could hear her mother knocking gently on Cadence’s door, “Cadie, it’s me.”

Her phone sounded with a text just as she placed the last item in her bag.

‘Can’t wait to see you! –Lulu’

Moments later Justinian knocked and peeked into her room.

“You ready? Let’s go, we gotta beat that traffic and I promised your sister she could drive part of the way.”

Thirty minutes later and the trio found themselves on the road enroute to Canterlot.

With Cadence and her father up front, the older Halfling stared absently out the window and tried to think of a way to cross the distance between herself and her sister.

Author's Note:

😬😬😬 Can she do it?? I know we all hope so!

Comments ( 2 )

She can do it! I believe in her!

She's totally can do it! I Believe in her!

Login or register to comment